Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Blast/slime element! - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Blast/slime element! - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Blast/slime element!

Go down 
+22
PAiN---
anduin55
Ataraxia
Win32error
Vajra
Lucas
It's meh
Jader7777
Otoshimo
Yuki
Lalo
Gilgames
E&Troy
Will
Chriz
JFizzle
Ares
Quentin
Yamatsu
Snagglux
Arkenaw
dcj91x
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

Blast/slime element! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Blast/slime element!   Blast/slime element! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 1:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

So.. One of the new game elements in MH3U is the Blast element from Brachydios.

There has actually been a lot of talk over how powerful this element makes weapons in the game and if it will get over used or not...

well lets find out if it's any good..

Using a Keldi bow and blast:

Hmm.. that was quick.. but that was just one example of course not all missions or players or weapons are the same.

I do think the blast effect lowers the sharpness of weapons quicker however as a drawback so keep that in mind.

Let's look at another weapon with blast in the hands of a single fairly skilled player:

Yea... still pretty quick battle...

But for comparison sake lets look at one without the blast effect:

In both of these last two videos it's the same hunter using a Hunting horn. In the first one he fights a Los and some other monsters with the Blast added and in the second one he fights a Pink Ian without the blast..

In the end though I Guess Though the blast effect is powerful and with a whole group of people using it it can quite effective, it does not overall change the full game mechanics or the way MH is played.. There will still be many that choose not to use it in favor of other skills or elements.

What do you all think? Would you use it because it's a good skill or do you think it's a game breaking addition? Will it be overused by new and old players and what weapons will we see it used on the most?

Last edited by dcj91x on Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Vajra
Aptonoth
Vajra

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Blast/slime element! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 4:55 pm

interesting
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Blast/slime element! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 4:57 pm

There's always going to be "better" choices here and there. It doesn't look that extremely powerful, so i guess i'll use it a bit. But i'll switch up weapons at some point anyway, it's the same as using only ala weapons after HR 51 on tri: Fine...but maybe a bit repetitive.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Blast/slime element! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 5:30 pm

Win32error wrote:
it's the same as using only ala weapons after HR 51 on tri

which means no one's going to give a chit after a good enough timeframe anyways because something else will be overshadowing it and ultimately low rank leechers will beg you to use bladt to speed up their missions.

If I find a good weapon I like ( obviously the archer bow!!! <3) and a good base set/custom set that works well with it, I'm using it as many times I want to.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Blast/slime element! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 12:55 am

Otoshimo wrote:
Win32error wrote:

which means no one's going to give a chit after a good enough timeframe anyways because something else will be overshadowing it and ultimately low rank leechers will beg you to use bladt to speed up their missions.

If I find a good weapon I like ( obviously the archer bow!!! <3) and a good base set/custom set that works well with it, I'm using it as many times I want to.
*gasp*

I'm going to complain about your choice!
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Blast/slime element! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 1:31 am

It's meh wrote:
Otoshimo wrote:
Win32error wrote:

*gasp*

*Le Astonished*
Don't make me use my overpowwred blast status/bombing set to grief you as you try to capture a something for the untillionth time !
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Blast/slime element! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 12:09 am

Otoshimo wrote:
It's meh wrote:
Otoshimo wrote:
Win32error wrote:

*gasp*

*Le Astonished*
Don't make me use my overpowwred blast status/bombing set to grief you as you try to capture a something for the untillionth time !

If you do, I'll never give you my lucky dragon tail!
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Blast/slime element! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 12:11 am

Please keep this thread on topic it's starting to get out of hand.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Blast/slime element! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 12:34 am

Yuki wrote:
Please keep this thread on topic it's starting to get out of hand.

Y'know I can't help but comment:
If someone is going to say "please lets keep this on topic" or something, WHY DON'T YOU YOURSELF BE THE 1ST AND BRING UP AN ON-TOPIC POINT INSTEAD OF NOT BEING ON TOPIC YOURSELF BY COMMENTIMG ON OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS.

and on that note:
Im curious about somethinghere that I haven't seen.
whether or not blast is a status, would it not seem to make sense that there would be blast bombimg sets? I mean, I was joking about it afew post back. but wouldnt like a good archer blast/bomber set be pushing towards the OP everyone's talking about hete? or am I missing/overlooking something here?
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Blast/slime element! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 12:43 am

I have said what I had to and I am positive it is a status by the way it works. I does not act like an element at all. You have to build it up until you get the blast effect.

Last edited by Yuki on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Blast/slime element! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 1:24 am

Yuki wrote:
I have said what I had to and I am positive it is a status by the way it works. I does not actvlike an element at all. You have to build it up until you get the blast effect.

I like how it kinda makes every weapon like some kind of gunlance XD.
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Blast/slime element! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 3:15 am

imagine if every blast hit that you give to a teammate acted like a bomb hit o.o (They fly away)

Long sword fights would be taken to another level of awesomeness... or rage
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Blast/slime element! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 4:11 am

Well that would suck for the person using the blast with a blademaster weapon:

"Okay one more hit!!!!!"

*inflicts blast*
*blast explodes*
*partners including the main player somehow had 1 small hit point remaining*

*all died.*
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Blast/slime element! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 1:35 pm

Do we actually have any numbers to go with all of this yet? If it is a status (which would make more sense) it might just make status weaponry more viable without a zillion raw damage to make up for the lack of element damage. (Thinking back to how viable they were on SnS/Lance/Hammer etc back in Tri)

May just make Status Atk Up a worth while investment. If it does prove to be an element though... well...

That's just silly.
Back to top Go down
anduin55
Rhenoplos
anduin55

3DS friends code: 2852-7597-3150

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Blast/slime element! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 4:12 pm

Ataraxia wrote:
Do we actually have any numbers to go with all of this yet? If it is a status (which would make more sense) it might just make status weaponry more viable without a zillion raw damage to make up for the lack of element damage. (Thinking back to how viable they were on SnS/Lance/Hammer etc back in Tri)

May just make Status Atk Up a worth while investment. If it does prove to be an element though... well...

That's just silly.

It's listed under status effects on the wiki. Interestingly, it says that Blast isn't affected by Status Atk Up, but rather Bombardier. Source.
Another source.
Back to top Go down
https://plus.google.com/109952126346148067866
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Blast/slime element! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 5:10 pm

anduin55 wrote:
Ataraxia wrote:

That's just silly.

It's listed under status effects on the wiki. Interestingly, it says that Blast isn't affected by Status Atk Up, but rather Bombardier. Source.
Another source.

OOOH HO HOO, now see. The Otology way of thinking was on to something!!

Blast/slime element! - Page 2 He7b9410

NOW we might actually have something OP here,
(boy doesn't it suck when I'm Right?)
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Blast/slime element! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 5:23 pm

Element Attatck Up/Status Attack Up would've made it just as OP. Doesn't really matter what skill increases its power.
Really not getting what you're tryin to tell with your post
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Blast/slime element! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 5:41 pm

anduin55 wrote:
Ataraxia wrote:

That's just silly.

Another source.

The first one from the Wikia just talks about the effect it has on the hunter by Brachydios himself... Not the effect by the Hunter.. So i'm not sure how accurate that actually is when it comes to the status the weapon provides against a monster as they are a bit different.

The second one, I have seen before and I understand what they is stating: "bombadier increases the damage of the explosions", but there is something about that... that just doesn't sit right with me.. I'm not quite sure what it is... ??
Back to top Go down
anduin55
Rhenoplos
anduin55

3DS friends code: 2852-7597-3150

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Blast/slime element! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 6:57 pm

dcj91x wrote:
anduin55 wrote:
Ataraxia wrote:

That's just silly.

Another source.

The first one from the Wikia just talks about the effect it has on the hunter by Brachydios himself... Not the effect by the Hunter.. So i'm not sure how accurate that actually is when it comes to the status the weapon provides against a monster as they are a bit different.

The second one, I have seen before and I understand what they is stating: "bombadier increases the damage of the explosions", but there is something about that... that just doesn't sit right with me.. I'm not quite sure what it is... ??
Take a look at the second paragraph under slime/blast from the wiki page. The first paragraph does indeed detail the effect on a hunter, but the second paragraph details the effects as a weapon attribute. In it, they mention how it is affected by the Bombardier armor skill rather than the Status Atk Up armor skill.

As for the second source: I personally imagine that, without Bombardier, an explosion does as much damage as a Barrel Bomb Large. With Bombardier, the damage is increased to that of a Barrel Bomb Large+. According to others, Status Atk Up does not effect Blast, so it cannot be used to speed up the "charging" process.
Back to top Go down
https://plus.google.com/109952126346148067866
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Blast/slime element! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 7:08 pm

I've seen quite a few videos of a hunter using the brachy GS in some G-Rank quest and it seemed like it did work. Which is good imo. I mean, Brachydios is the flagship monster of MHTRI-G, so naturally they wanted to make this new element a great and powerful weapon type to use. It would suck fighting a new monster, then farming Brachydios to get a weapon that is useless. Of course if it's too OP, I'd still farm and create all the equipment, but also set it aside to go for the other equipment in the game. I'm looking forward to this game so much, and fighting the Brachydios!

- PAiN -

TrollJho
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Anonymin
Melynx
Anonymin

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3DS/WiiU

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Blast/slime element! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 2:19 am

"Flagship monster weapons in 3 are all useless!"

"Flagship monster weapons in 3U are all OP!"
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Blast/slime element! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 10:37 am

I find both statements pretty funny. Considering I have only seen two useless flagship based weapons and that was rath hammer and lagi hammer. Now with the inclusion of Grank people were expecting to have weapons similar to those of MH3 that would be silly then what would be the point of making a new game if all we are going to use are the weapons from the game prior. Sure we have all these people using blast based weapons but if you look at the other weapons they are also really good.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Blast/slime element! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 1:18 pm

Yuki wrote:
Now with the inclusion of Grank people were expecting to have weapons similar to those of MH3 that would be silly then what would be the point of making a new game if all we are going to use are the weapons from the game prior.

Gee that's like pondering why pokemon release the exact same game twice under a diferent name every time
Spoiler:

The blast is cool and all, and it might be OP under the right circumstances. But I don't really see what all the hoopla is about. There probably is something far more devastating than just blast.
I realy don't think this would gain so much concern if everyone wasn't geeking over the new flagship kaiju.
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Blast/slime element! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 3:11 pm

Normal Shot Lv3 ~
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Blast/slime element! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 3:29 pm

I'm actually seeing quite a few skills that might be good ones for the Blast effect but probably in a more creative way and depending on the weapon..

So far a lot of attention has been given to the Bows but DS' have been a bit overlooked as well as SnS'... These are both rather quick weapons and used in groups will be doing quite a bit of blast damage as well as normal. Also what about the LS' slashes?
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Blast/slime element! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 4:56 pm

dcj91x wrote:
I'm actually seeing quite a few skills that might be good ones for the Blast effect but probably in a more creative way and depending on the weapon..

So far a lot of attention has been given to the Bows but DS' have been a bit overlooked as well as SnS'... These are both rather quick weapons and used in groups will be doing quite a bit of blast damage as well as normal. Also what about the LS' slashes?
All of them are fast weapons but from personal experience when comparing DS to SnS I prefer SnS for blast... It gets the job done just as well for blowing shit up but is safer than DS.
Haven't used Bracchidios LS enough to give a reliable view (and can't now) but will try it out when Tri U drops here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blast/slime element!   Blast/slime element! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blast/slime element!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next