Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!! - Page 7 Logo311

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeSearchRegisterLog in

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

Thank you Points : 4

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!! - Page 7 Empty
PostPokemon X and Pokemon Y!!!

I'mm shaking from excitement, I honestly have NEVER been this ecstatic about a new Pokemon game

I have fond memories of Red and Blue, I smile when I remember Christmas at my Great Grandmas house with Gold and Silver with like five of my cousins, I remember excitedly telling my aunt an Uncle about Ruby and Sapphire while holding a gaming magazine, I remember being so pissed when I lost my DS on a bus and couldn't get Diamond and Pearl, and I remember watching the Japanese release of Black and White, watching each batch of Pokemon, speculating with people about the starter Evos, etc

But never, NEVER has my jaw dropped, my whole torso shake, my heart race, and my hands clench when watching an announcement for a Pokemon game.

I can't begin to wrap my head around the amazing things I saw during that live video, I just cannot wait for more information, for more new Pokemon, for the INTERNATIONAL release of these gorgeous 3D games
Back to top Go down

Similar topics

-
» It's Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!
» Please help my son - Pokemon cards needed!
» Ideas for Pokemon Fan Club
» Are any of your Build-A-Bears/Virtual B-A-Bs named after Pokemon?
» Going to AFASG 2012 (:
Share this post on: redditgoogle

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!! :: Comments

MetaMarx
Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!!
Post on Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:41 pm by MetaMarx
Hmm... I don't really know how I feel about Fairy type
Ares
Post on Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:58 pm by Ares
Vortiene wrote:
fairy type confirmed, super effective against dragon

jigglypuff>normal/fairy
gardevoir>psychic/fairy
marill>water/fairy

now this is a cool picture

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!! - Page 7 Sylveon-Comp-Pokemon-X-and-Y

I like that it's super effective against dragons. It's always been a pain in the ass to get a good ice type or dragon type in the main game by the time you fight dragons. Also it adds a bit more use to the pokemon that were just normal type before.
Otoshimo
Post on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:03 pm by Otoshimo
Considering the fact that the average normal type had only one weakness and the biggest movepool overall as it's compensation.

I still just wanna see that.

Noivern was actually a cool design. Flying/Dragon based off of a common bat, that was pretty clever
Otoshimo
Post on Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:56 pm by Otoshimo
newest 3 shown after Noivern & vivillon this morning
(I'm just gonna put all 5 together here. Cause I can)

Spoiler:

Ultimate Jaggi
Post on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:52 pm by Ultimate Jaggi
Pokemon Developers Roundtable

It goes in chronological order from bottom to top

Spoiler:

tokme-la
Post on Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:53 pm by tokme-la
Noivern is really cool. Great design. I don't know if I'm going to buy X & Y.. I'd enter again Pokémon world, likely with traumatic effects
Ataraxia
Post on Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:32 pm by Ataraxia
So since Fairy is super effective to Dragon now, punching a hole in the type's notoriously good defences, I was thinking about the potential trio of weaknesses that could come about from it. (Think Fire->Grass->Water->Fire)

Normal -> Fairy -> Dragon -> Normal

Thoughts?
Ultimate Jaggi
Post on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:57 pm by Ultimate Jaggi
Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!! - Page 7 99811210
Spiritlord
Post on Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:45 pm by Spiritlord
Well, normal type attacks do really need to be super-effective on something, so then there's a good reason to use them. Being weak against 2 types and not affecting another makes normal really weak. It needs to super-effect something. I'm not really pleased about the addition of the fairy type, but with luck, it''l help to solve this problem. Although I somehow doubt it.

Last edited by Spiritlord on Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Otoshimo
Post on Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:01 pm by Otoshimo
^Normal is only weak versus 1 type, Fighting. The offset is that Normal has an immunity to ghost and normal pokemon have the most diverse movepool. 

Normal is not being replaced by fairy
Not all normal types are being given dual fairy typing
Normal is not being super effective towards anything still
and not just normal pokemon can be given a fairy typing to buff them up

Fairy is only being incorporated to balance out dragons weakness in the metagame and make it more balanced
Win32error
Post on Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:19 pm by Win32error
Is fairy type also going to be resistant to dragon? Because if not, there better be a lot of either bulky or very fast fairy types. The OU dragon types could still outrage the hell out of them otherwise. Of course, not as much if fairy type resists.

Last time i checked, Gardevoir, Marill and Jigglypuff were confirmed fairy types, and i really don't see any of them make a dent in the metagame, or in any of the dragon types. And a steel/fairy dualtype doesn't seem all that likely to me. Also, SE+STAB is less effective than ice-type 4X against all the dragon/flying types, so that's not going to help either.
Otoshimo
Post on Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:49 pm by Otoshimo
Fairy is going to be immune to dragon type altogether. So even a Ev'd sweeper garchomp will be....  cowering in fear of a jigglypuff >_>

But anyways, alongside with the already confirmed,
Manaphy, Mew, mawile, Jirachi, celebi, Snubbull/Granbull and Togetic/Togekiss have been mentioned to possibly be given a dual typing with fairy.

....the legends i'm not very much believing in. To change a legendary across 4 generations seems way out there. Manaphy has the most credibility with the addition of fairy so far.

Snubbull/Granbull & Togetic/Togekiss were hinted as of this morning.
Mawile was the 1st to be mentioned of being given any dual typing back with the hints of Mewtwos new forme via scans, along with the rumors of Sableye gaining an evolution in Gen 6.

Sableyes rumors fell through with the confirmation of MR. XY being a hoax ( ....not to the surprise of anyone with a brainstem) But mawile was part of a leak not connected to Mr XY and from a source i trust more, being right about fairy types interaction in meta weeks before its release on the 11. With that, i find the Steel/Fairy type evermore believable than it was back in april as evidence from thus far has shown it to be more credible as time goes on.

SO steel/fairy is as real a chance as any of the 4 pokemon already confirmed to be Fairy DTs
Spiritlord
Post on Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:27 pm by Spiritlord
@Otoshimo wrote:
^Normal is only weak versus 1 type, Fighting. The offset is that Normal has an immunity to ghost and normal pokemon have the most diverse movepool.
Normal attacks are weak against rock and steel, and do not affect ghost. I was talking about reasons to use normal moves, so I assumed it was obvious I meant this. Clearly not. 

@Otoshimo wrote:
Normal is not being replaced by fairy
I know - when did I ever say it was? Replacing a central type would be an odd, if not completely senseless move.

@Otoshimo wrote:
Not all normal types are being given dual fairy typing
Again, when did I say anything like that? This would also be a completely senseless move, and there was nothing suggesting something like this would happen, so I really don't know where this came from.

@Otoshimo wrote:
I would be very surprised if they did actually make it super-effect something, but I still think it would be a good idea. Especially since we've got the new fairy type, which looks to be very useful, so why not make normal super-effective against it? I think it'd be a good move, but I seriously doubt they'll actually do it.

@Otoshimo wrote:
and not just normal pokemon can be given a fairy typing to buff them up
...This is so blindingly obvious, I'm not even going to bother replying to it. Especially since we've already had several confirmed part-fairy types, which are not normal type, for example, Gardevoir.

@Otoshimo wrote:
Fairy is only being incorporated to balance out dragons weakness in the metagame and make it more balanced
I was aware of this. I still don't really approve of the type, though, but never mind.
Lalo
Post on Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:16 pm by Lalo
Dont touch my Mew T_T
Jirachi and celebi are already dual type, would they remove psychic?
Otoshimo
Post on Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:41 pm by Otoshimo
@Spiritlord:
1st off, I addresses all the things brought up with fairy types since it's release. Not just one this forum, not just from you and your bittercomplainingness. In gereral, more specifically all across the board of the pokemon community. So i just listed them all at once for everyone. cool your jets kid, it's just information to clear up any questions people have regarding. and while you think some things are "...blindingly obvious...." and to as where i agree on that, you'd be surprised how easily information can get jarbled and we get asked questions like that on U.O.P & P.S.A

And the thing I addressed with your Normal type talk.
In pokemon dialect, what you are talking about is referred to as resistance. when you say "...normal is weak against 2 types...", that is where you mean resistance. How that sentence was stated, you said that Normal type pokemon are weak, meaning take 2x damage, to 2 different types of pokemon. where as "...normal is resisted against 2 types..." is a different aspect. meaning it does half the damage against, but is not neccesarily the faulty in they matchup. that's why I corrected you and made it seperate from the other section.

@Lazlo: i seriously doubt that they will get ride of psychic for the 2. personally, I'm boasting more towards that they will not alter the 2 legends for reasons I said earlier. But at this point, I could also see it being considered at the very least.
I do believe mew will get an alteration, however. there is supposedly another mewtwo to be revealed that will be designed similar to mew.
But when fairy came to reveal, & mews acclaimed type change, it started dawning upon me that any truth to either rumor may in fact be of the same thing. It would not be far out of the pokemon nomenclature to give mew this supposed 3rd form and give it a dual typing of Psychic/Fairy. we already know Psychic/Fairy exist. And gamefreak has shown they are open to both going back and adding something new to older generations and giving variant formes with type differences (i.e Meloetta) while that is all my personal though, it isn't out of the grasp of Pokémology should any of the rumors/leaks be accurate.
Post on Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:07 pm by Guest
@Win32error wrote:
Is fairy type also going to be resistant to dragon? Because if not, there better be a lot of either bulky or very fast fairy types. The OU dragon types could still outrage the hell out of them otherwise. Of course, not as much if fairy type resists.

Last time i checked, Gardevoir, Marill and Jigglypuff were confirmed fairy types, and i really don't see any of them make a dent in the metagame, or in any of the dragon types. And a steel/fairy dualtype doesn't seem all that likely to me. Also, SE+STAB is less effective than ice-type 4X against all the dragon/flying types, so that's not going to help either.

then they show fairy type blissey and you realize every dragon is fucked.
Post on Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:19 pm by Guest
Quote :
Spiritlord
@Otoshimo wrote:
Normal attacks are weak against rock and steel, and do not affect ghost. I was talking about reasons to use normal moves, so I assumed it was obvious I meant this. Clearly not. 
when you say a type is weak against something, it means attacking. When you say there are 2 types that resist a type, it is defending. So yeah, it was not obvious and sounded idiotic. 

Quote :

@Otoshimo wrote:
I would be very surprised if they did actually make it super-effect something, but I still think it would be a good idea. Especially since we've got the new fairy type, which looks to be very useful, so why not make normal super-effective against it? I think it'd be a good move, but I seriously doubt they'll actually do it.
as most just normal types will probably change to dual normal+fairy types, you would see normal pokemon suddenly having super-effective fairy stabs. Lets check which pokemon would become fairy most likely of the pure-normal pokemon:

cleffa/clefairy/clefable
igglybuff/jigglypuff/wigglytuff
maybe lickitung/lilicky
chansey/blissey
maybe ditto
togepi/togetic/togekiss becomes fairy/flying? most likely
snubull/granbull looks eligible
smeargle?
miltank?
whismur/loudred/exploud?
skitty/delcatty
spinda?
castform?
buneary/lopunny?
audino

this only leaves behind a few pure-normal types:
tauros (lol)
kangaskhan(he really needs another type, like ground or something)
rattata/raticate (no one cares)
meowth/persian (see above)
eevee (thats ok)
porygon/porygon2/porygon-z (that's fine, he's good as is)
munchlax/snorlax (also fine)
aipom/ambipom (ok)
dunsparce
teddiursa/ursaring
stantler
zigzagoon/linoone
slakoth/vigaroth/slaking (already not bad)
zangoose (is epic)
kecleon (meh)
bidoof (no one cares AT ALL)
glameow/purugly (meh)
patrat/watchog (ok)
lillipup/blahblah/stoutland (ok)
minccino/cinccino
bouffalant (which should evolve from tauros)
Otoshimo
Post on Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:56 am by Otoshimo
Realistically, not even half of the list you opted vort are likely to make an adaption to fairy.
For one, Normal is clearly not the only type being considered for fairy. I would highly doubt that nintendo would change such a vast majority of just 1 select pokemon race on top of all the others they consider within 5 generations on top of the cast of fairies for the next generation.

From what we can assume thus far, any considered and likely altered will either have something relatable to fairy in some way, or to buff up certain evolines for more competitive use.

~Jigglypuff we already know is a fairy dual type. so it's safe to assume wigglytuff will be also and igglybuff a 50/50 chance on remaining normal, according to similar situations like the torchic, togepi, mudkip, see dot, etc. (same can be said about Marills and Gardevoirs evoline)

~the almost assured normals up for a change are Snubbul and clefairy. They are both labeled as "The fairy Pokemon" via podedex entry. 

~Togetic/Togekiss are eligible because of Togetics design, being partially based off of a fairy.

~out of the remaining, the least likely to be included are Chansey/Blissey, castform, & Audino. Not being based directly off of anything that would conflict or have a backstory that would conflict, these 3 shows eligibility. Chansey/Blissey, however, may be the most unlikely of the trio due to it's use within the tiers, already breaking into the Ubers classification. making a huge Recovery Wall-Stall already going to-to-toe with legends, and now giving it immunity to half of the legends seems way too much of a competitive advantage to actually see the light of day.
Post on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:08 am by Paradox
Hello girls (girls dont exist on the internet sorry :p ) and guys I can answer some questions about X and Y. (just not completely stupid ones ill answer them sometimes though)  If you havent seen the E3 Pokemon X and Y video. (Admin/Moderator insert that video here) During that video there is a  trade in the trade is one of the new pokemon, (As a shiny Wow) So you can look cool riding aroung on amazing shiny pokemon. You can ask me a question on here or in a private message. -Paradox your pokemon nerd (as you could say)
Post on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:12 am by Guest
No one has questions since we can just answer them through serebii.net

Like you are too.
Post on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:18 am by Guest
I hate to double post but i cant edit posts while mobile. Oto i know many other pokemon other than normals could become fairy (azelf and friends?) And what i listed there wasnt based on usage in competitive stuff, just based on appearance.
Otoshimo
Post on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:59 pm by Otoshimo
-sigh- ok V-hole, I'll acknowledge your existance long enought to address you directly.
1) Se-bii is retarded and only morons gets their 'updates' on 'rebii.

2) Where your feeble mind only based solely on competitive, I took into consideration all aspects within the pokemon gaming franchise, our 'pokegoon' research, Flints backtrackable sources on PSA, & blahblahblah oh who cares no one reads this shit.

Besides, as much as I focus in the PSA & stay on top of the latest on pokemon news, that doesn't mean I HAVE to post every update on this crapfest anymore. So knock yourself out, i'm done with this thread.
PAiN---
Post on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:02 pm by PAiN---
This is going to be my first Pokemon game since Sapphire, freaking stoked!
Ares
Post on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:03 pm by Ares
@PAiN--- wrote:
This is going to be my first Pokemon game since Sapphire, freaking stoked!

You missed 4th gen? Go, now. Play eet, naow.
Post on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:44 pm by Guest
Oto ur dickface mode post was uncalled for and ignored
Post  by Sponsored content

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!!

Page 7 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Things we do when not hunting :: Passing the time when not on MH :: Non-MH Games and Gaming-
Jump to: