Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!! - Page 21 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!! - Page 21 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

Thank you Points : 4

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!! - Page 21 Empty
PostPokemon X and Pokemon Y!!!

I'mm shaking from excitement, I honestly have NEVER been this ecstatic about a new Pokemon game

I have fond memories of Red and Blue, I smile when I remember Christmas at my Great Grandmas house with Gold and Silver with like five of my cousins, I remember excitedly telling my aunt an Uncle about Ruby and Sapphire while holding a gaming magazine, I remember being so pissed when I lost my DS on a bus and couldn't get Diamond and Pearl, and I remember watching the Japanese release of Black and White, watching each batch of Pokemon, speculating with people about the starter Evos, etc

But never, NEVER has my jaw dropped, my whole torso shake, my heart race, and my hands clench when watching an announcement for a Pokemon game.

I can't begin to wrap my head around the amazing things I saw during that live video, I just cannot wait for more information, for more new Pokemon, for the INTERNATIONAL release of these gorgeous 3D games
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!! :: Comments

Raptor98
Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!!
Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:40 am by Raptor98
You also notice that with the kids, their attacks aren't as powerful cause they don't breed or train EVs :P
Ares
Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:33 am by Ares
Mega Charizard with Blast burn, flamethrower, overheat, and fire blast. Holy shit I must be the best trainer alive.
Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:43 pm by Guest
not enough faiar
Ares
Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:07 pm by Ares
Vortiene wrote:
not enough faiar

never enough
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:06 pm by Phazon Xenomorph
Its okay to be jealous everyone. I have a fabled 6 IV Ditto that is now permanently a resident of the daycare as a Breeding MACHINE! Ditto is so baller holding it's Destiny Knot to pass on it's IV's.
Post Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:26 am by Guest
I can gen you about 10 of those

*starts the hate stream*
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:31 am by Phazon Xenomorph
Yeah but hacking pokemon as ive learned people can do is no fun. It's like why bother...also if you are ever caught with a hacked pokemon should you somehow magically get into a tournament where nintendo/gamefreak can check...yeah im guessing that would be awkward.
Post Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:05 am by Guest
As an intelligent human being, if I was going in an official nintendo pokemon tournament (where people think minimize is fair, where they think 3v3 single battles are fun, and if they had triple battles they probably wouldn't ban smeargle with dark void?!) and I knew they would check your pokemon (which they dont even do, they just say "only kalos-native pokemon), I would simply bring kalos-native pokemon that I bred with a 6IV ditto that was not kalos-native (Believe me, I already have legit 5IV male pokemon from every egg group, but why would I use them if I had a 6IV ditto of every nature possible...).

And as I've said time and time again, I find genning pokemon and actually getting to battle much more rewarding. Mainly because I've already sank 500 hours into breeding pokemon prior to pokemon bank and i'm not into it anymore.

Also, is your ditto even kalos-native? If you got it from GTS and it isn't, it's undoubtedly hacked.
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:18 am by Phazon Xenomorph
6 IV dittos arent 6th gen native, they all come from Gen 5 for whatever reason. I got mine through a trade when I found a shiny eevee native to Kalos. Personally I don't give 2 shits about shiny pokemon cause their stats are crap unless you use that MAsuda or whatever its called trick and even then its still too RNG for my tastes. But other people fangasm over shinies so I traded it away for a 6 IV Ditto. If it's hacked I dont give a shit because I would have no knowledge of that.

My ditto is mine and is a breeding machine. Also Kalos only native? what kind of bullshit rules are those? That excludes a lot of competitive types (technically Charmander is a Kanto region right? even though you "CAn" get them in Kalos) I find such rules bullshit. I thought tournaments would just be checked pokemon to make sure no hacks, a few restrictions probably on legendaries, force set to 50 or 100 for level, and then whatever. But a region restriction? that's just lame.
Ares
Post Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:54 am by Ares
Speaking of genning, did you ever get that Super Fang Crobat transferred Vort?

And yeah, they only check for Kalos native at VGC, as long as you have the blue hexagon they don't care. Vgc is going to be boring though. Mega Kangaskhans everywhere.
Post Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:13 pm by Guest
they come from gen 5 because the chance of getting one without hacking is 1/31*1/31*1/31*1/31*1/31*1/31 = 0.00000000112 one in ten million.

which is wayyyyy less than getting a shiny.

Ares - i still have the crobat that I used to have, just transferred it.
Ares
Post Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:59 pm by Ares
Awesome ^

I'm going to have to breed an eevee with wish. Apparently it wasn't an egg move in gen 5, so I can't have my friend gen it for me.
BoredForLife
Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:13 pm by BoredForLife
Im looking for someone to help with breeding. I happen to have dittos in my safari and having someone catch some and trade them back to me would be awesome /pokr/  if anyone wants to help , pm me or say it here or whatever you feel like doing.
dcj91x
Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:26 pm by dcj91x
Ares wrote:
I love sweeping teams of legendaries. You can tell when you're fighting a kid who's proud of all their legendaries. All in one battle he tried to use hyper beam and earthquake on my Gengar. He finally did hit it with Reshiram's Fusion Flare, and it didn't even knock me down to my focus sash...

I just like showing off some of my older ones that people don't have.. I have no intention of actually winning a battle. Sweeping is quite common also so it's pretty easy to get around, especially since you know a lot of people use it.

Also.. If I was serious.. I probably wouldn't use my gold Jerry in every battle.

That's why I usually play with the ones I do.. but yeah.. I think there is a difference in people like me who use the pokemon they do just for fun with no intention of actually winning a battle and those who throw in the Z pokemon and every other legendary they can and actually think they'll win.

On a side note.. if you have to hack to get a pokemon.. that's just pathetic.. You're either too lazy to play the game.. don't care about playing the game fair or ****** *** that shouldn't play with others. Just play the game it's not that difficult.
Yamatsu
Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:22 pm by Yamatsu
^ Breeding for EVs and IVs is a long and boring process; not everyone has the time to breed the perfect pokemon. It's why I grew tired of every recent pokemon game, I'd start to make a team and just get flat out bored.
Could I use non-perfect 'mon? Sure, but I'd be at disadvantage to my opponent assuming they have a properly trained team.

I don't encourage hacking but really, for me anyways, it's something I wouldn't mind resorting to to make Pokemon more enjoyable. It's just so tedious doing it the normal way.
Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:29 pm by Guest
dcj91x wrote:

On a side note.. if you have to hack to get a pokemon.. that's just pathetic.. You're either too lazy to play the game.. don't care about playing the game fair or ****** *** that shouldn't play with others. Just play the game it's not that difficult.

not this again

I WANT to PLAY the COMPETITIVE game, not the WASTE OF TIME, GRIND A 5IV breeding process. I've already done it for months and I'm not doing it any more if I don't have to, mainly because I want to actually fight some people, you know?

All my 6th gen pokemon are bred anyways, it's not like I couldn't breed other ones, but I want to spend time fighting people, not doing something pointless. Already have 550 hours in the game, not wasting time breeding what I don't have to.
Ares
Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:08 pm by Ares
I agree with vortiene. Other people in the competetive game are going to use pokegen, so if I want to play the competetive game at the same level, it's unfair that I should have to spend several hours riding around on my bike hatching eggs while people with pokegen are testing their teams that took them a couple of minutes to put on their game. The results are the same in the end. It's not like we gen Pokemon to play the storyline, that would ruin that aspect, but pokegen is a helpful tool for competetive battling. I've been through the breeding process plenty of times, and it gets daunting when you want to make a new team. If you don't want to get seriously into the competitive game, don't gen, but if you do, I'm not against it.
dcj91x
Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:42 pm by dcj91x
If you don't play the game as it was intended regardless of other people "doing it or not" than don't play.. Find something else that "FITS YOU" where you don't have to cheat to enjoy or beable to play the game... just like steroids in baseball just because others do it doesn't mean it's not cheating.

And yea.. Ares, results may be the same in the end but one comes buy it honestly and the other does it by cheating. Big difference. Just because you "breed one pokemon" shouldn't exempt you from working at breeding the others.. Yes it takes time and effort, that's the point.

If you want to do it on your own.. that one thing especially if you never intend to play with anyone else, trade or connect online at all.. But as soon as you take your illbegotten goods and exspose others too it.. It's the same as hacking to get all the MH top weapons without actually fighting the monsters, getting the items or working for it IMO. Sugar coat it and justify it anyway you want what ever fits your "moral code".
Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:08 pm by Guest
it was intended to be played with pokemon

i'm playing it with pokemon

so there's a problem?

It's not like steroids. Steroids make you perform better than you normally are able to. My pokemon perform just as good as any 5IV pokemon, no better. Of course, I didn't spend 5 years training for the olympics mind you, but in real life I wouldn't have to spend 12 hours changing my pants, which is the equivalent of training something to level 100 again with an extra egg move. I already have 5 level 100 crobats legitimately trained. What if I don't want to train another one to level 100 just to get a different nature and moveset? Exactly.

There's reasons I don't like breeding. Here are them:
1. I dont want 17 charmanders. I love my first charmander. BUT CAN I USE IT COMPETITIVELY? Fuck no, because its impossible to obtain one that is usable competitively without breeding 50 more of them first. I don't LIKE the idea of producing a bunch of useless pokemon, it makes me feel bad, feels like a waste of time, and is not even enjoyable.
2. I don't like grinding for no reason. I should be able to use pokemon regardless of where or when I caught them and they should be "perfect" aside from what I train them to be good at (EVs/should be able to CHANGE their nature)
3. I don't want to use my original bulbasaur's son just to get another attack on it. Every friggin bulbasaur should be able to learn all of its moveset, regardless of how I got them.

In the end, I think breeding is crap and doesnt make the game better. If anything, I think breeding should EXCLUSIVELY be to just get an extra bulbasaur to trade, and should have nothing to do with the strength of the pokemon or their moveset. Any pokemon should be able to have any moveset within its learnable moves, no friggin egg moves, should be able to choose all their natures whenever the hell you want, and IVs shouldn't exist. (The idea that some pokemon are just inherently crap totally reduces the game's enjoyment for me.)

Now that I've explained that, that's why I gen pokemon, because I think making a competitive pokemon should be simple as finding a wild gible and catching it, training it, and giving it EVs/attacks/nature that you want. No friggin breeding involved, no pointless time sinks. Until gamefreak does that, well, they are going to have to live with me "fixing the problems I have with the game". If you LIKE and DEFEND wasting your time, you are promoting gamefreak designing crap experiences in their game. So technically, if you think breeding for perfect pokemon is a GOOD idea, you are the one causing problems with future games. So while you complain to me about hacking now, it's because I want the pokemon experience to be enjoyable. That means battling, developing friendships with your pokemon, catching pokemon that you can actually USE competitively, and helping other players. Breeding just has everyone fapping in a corner 90% of the time, its a stupid design struct within the game and shouldn't exist the way it does now (or did for the last couple of generations).

Now if you can't understand my viewpoint or think I'm an evil being that should be sacrificed to yveltal, then whatever.
dcj91x
Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:20 pm by dcj91x
Vort.. I get your veiw point.. To Sum it up:

You don't like the game as it is or working for what you get you want to jump straight to the rewards of a pokemon with perfect IV/EV's without working for it and instead of finding a game that you don't have to cheat at you get upset when someone confronts you on it.

Look.. It doesn't matter what I think right or wrong, I'm not trying to change your mind. Your going to do it regardless and believe it's ok. .. Pretty sure you didn't need to write all that in defence of yourself unless it was just to make you feel better about what you're doing.
MetaMarx
Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:56 pm by MetaMarx
I believe that "working for it" should be fun and enjoyable. For example: Monster Hunter. It shouldn't be as boring as tilting your stick left and right for hours trying to get that one perfect pokemon.
dcj91x
Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:03 pm by dcj91x
hmm.. I think we're getting pretty much off topic. We all have opinions on weather it's right or wrong... And that's ok.

On topic, anyone hear anymore about when they will be releaseing the new legendary Fairy/Rock crystal pokemon and how?
Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:27 pm by Guest
There shouldn't be "rewards" of having a "perfect" pokemon. Every pokemon should be perfect, without the need for an RNG to tell you whether it is or not.

You should dictate what it is good at, not a random number generator.

You also compare it to monster hunter getting everything without killing any monsters. This is also not the same. When I hunt monsters online (presumably online for the most part), I am doing something enjoyable with friends and being rewarded at the same time. Breeding is not at all enjoyable. You walk around and wait, did the RNG give me what I wanted? No. Okay walk around and wait again.

If you enjoy it, then do it, but I'm not going to. You say you are confronting me as if not wanting to waste my life being miserable endlessly breeding is something bad. Shouldn't you want people to enjoy themselves in life?

I'm not writing it in defence of myself. I believe in designing games without the need for solitary, boring grinding. If you think cheating to avoid a badly designed portion of the game is bad, you are saying you want that bad design to continue to exist.
dcj91x
Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:38 pm by dcj91x
.. we've moved past that vort. Live your life.. Move on as well, it's ok.

Ok.. just found it. Diance is being given out as a mystery gift and has four moves. They are Harden, Rock Throw, Sharpen and Smack Down. Two of them are rock-typed moves while the other two are normal-typed.

BoredForLife
Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:44 pm by BoredForLife
dcj91x wrote:
Ok.. just found it. Diance is being given out as a mystery gift and has four moves. They are Harden, Rock Throw, Sharpen and Smack Down. Two of them are rock-typed moves while the other two are normal-typed.

Yeah but when? :P
Post  by Sponsored content

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!!

Page 21 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24 ... 28  Next