Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Aliens: Colonial Marines Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Aliens: Colonial Marines Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

Aliens: Colonial Marines Empty
PostAliens: Colonial Marines

EDIT: Placing this Edit here. With the game release so close I just wanted to post a disclaimer that should be common sense but people sometimes forget or just don't care so here it is. When the game is released you are more than welcome to post info in the thread about the game and the story, however if you do so, if it can EVEN be SLIGHTLY considered a spoiler (no coy hints or anything about like "oh just WAIT till you get to 'X room' ") you MUST post it in a spoiler, I will not tolerate spoilers of the games story or anything revealing not being under a spoiler tag.

If you are here at this post and you don't know how to spoiler a message you can do it one of two ways, you can click the others tab above the typing area for posting and select spoiler, it will put two brackets that look like [.spoiler][./spoiler] without the periods there, and you can put your text between the two spoiler brackets, or you can just type out whatever you want and then highlight your post and select the spoiler option and it will auto do it for you.

I have a very heavy personal interest in this game and not to mention that everyone moves and plays at their own pace, people know what a spoiler tag means so spoilers ARE allowed but they must be tagged or the post will be deleted and the user warned.

Here is a spoiler example without any real spoilers but to show you how it will appear:
Spoiler:

Lastly you are free to use this topic to share Gamertags or Wii U friend codes or whatever to party up. Enjoy.

For those who are oddly out of the loop, Aliens: Colonial Marines comes out multi-platform February 12th.

Events take place right after Aliens itself. I shall be playing it on the 13th (sadly here in Louisiana I somehow managed to place my Pre-order for the collector's edition at the ONE Gamestop that is closed on the 12 due to Mardi Gras because it's inside a shopping mall on the parade-route that's closed.).

However who else here is getting it, and for what system (PC, XBOX 360, PS3)?

And for those who don't know and are still clueless I leave you these links:

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-Aliens+Colonial+Marines

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/aliens-colonial-marines

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/aliens-colonial-marines-collectors-edition/102613 (XBOX version I'm getting, normally I'm a PC nut because PC is best for shooters, however PC version does not have collectors, only XBOX and PS3).

Last edited by Nova on Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:35 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Aliens: Colonial Marines :: Comments

dcj91x
Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines
Post Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:23 pm by dcj91x
Why'd ya leave out the WiiU version?

http://www.cubed3.com/news/17988/1/aliens-colonial-marines-trailer-kicks-ass.html

A good video about the game for those who don't know..

Spoiler:
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:48 pm by Phazon Xenomorph
dcj91x wrote:

http://www.cubed3.com/news/17988/1/aliens-colonial-marines-trailer-kicks-ass.html

Spoiler:

Well just like the PC version there is no Collectable version for the Wii U.

Plus while the Wii U is a next gen, its only barely now on par with the 360 and PS3, yeah it JUST got HD graphics but the moment the true next gen consoles come out it will be a joke of a system again for the majority of the game community.

And honestly I didn't know there was a Wii U port, but motion controls do not make the game sadly.
dcj91x
Post Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:54 pm by dcj91x
Nova wrote:
dcj91x wrote:

Spoiler:

Plus while the Wii U is a next gen, its only barely now on par with the 360 and PS3, yeah it JUST got HD graphics but the moment the true next gen consoles come out it will be a joke of a system again for the majority of the game community.

And honestly I didn't know there was a Wii U port, but motion controls do not make the game sadly.

Honestly.. all that just sounds like a bias opinion to me.

But then again I thought you were talking about the game not the systems themselves. Guess I was wrong and it's not the game you care about but just the system it's on. (Since A:CM has nothing to do with the PS4 or 720)

So I'll leave you along.
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:59 pm by Phazon Xenomorph
dcj91x wrote:
Nova wrote:
dcj91x wrote:

Spoiler:

Honestly.. all that just sounds like a bias opinion to me.

But then again I thought you were talking about the game not the systems themselves. Guess I was wrong and it's not the game you care about but just the system it's on.

So I'll leave you along.

I'm not sure I understand, but whatever, the point is I wanna know who else is getting it and what system they are getting it on incase I run across them in Mulitplayer, who else is an Aliens fan, and so on.

And honestly I am biased, the fact is the Wii U barely competes in strength with the PS3 and 360, it's what it the Wii SHOULD have been at it's time of launch back in the day. Graphics do not make the game but the fact remains that the Wii only ever had 480 as a resolution while the PS3 and 360 pump out 1080 easily, now the Wii U is just barely pumping out 1080 supposedly while Sony and Microsoft are probably getting close to pushing the boundary even further with whatever they have secretly in development. Honestly I can't see Aliens: Colonial Marines being all that inspiring for that system regardless of what Gearbox does.

And personally as I said the only reason I got the XBOX version was for all the goodies because I'm a diehard Aliens fan. I WILL be getting the PC version at some point to play it the way a shooter was meant to be played, with WASD and a mouse.

But enough of the sidetracked discussion about gaming systems, this thread is for the game itself!

So...who else is getting and playing?
Ultimate Jaggi
Post Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:51 pm by Ultimate Jaggi
Nova wrote:
[And honestly I am biased, the fact is the Wii U barely competes in strength with the PS3 and 360, it's what it the Wii SHOULD have been at it's time of launch back in the day. Graphics do not make the game but the fact remains that the Wii only ever had 480 as a resolution while the PS3 and 360 pump out 1080 easily, now the Wii U is just barely pumping out 1080 supposedly while Sony and Microsoft are probably getting close to pushing the boundary even further with whatever they have secretly in development.

Barely competes? Lol. How can you compare a console's launch titles (which were mostly ports) to the same titles on the other systems, when the developers know the other platforms? They are just getting used to wii u. Honestly I'm surprised it's on par with the 360 and ps3 as this is only the beginning. When the 360 came out and it had last gen ports on it, they sometimes looked worse than their previous gen counterparts (same with the ps3).

AND Xbox 360 and PS3 upscale to 1080p, while wii u runs it natively.
And if you think the next gen is going to be as massive a leap as it was from last gen to this gen, you are sorely mistaken. The update is going to be minimal and the next gen consoles will all be similar in power (including wii u).

Fact is, Sony can't afford a super powerful console and Microsoft is doing Kinect 2.0.
I honestly don't see what can be improved that much from this gen (in the graphics department.

And don't believe everything you read on the internet (talking about graphics statement Lol)

ON-TOPIC: I'll be picking it up for wii u, when it comes out (By March).

Feb 12 is for other platforms not wii u.
Post Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:04 pm by Guest
blah bloo i would rather play a system whose 90% of games is on PC (xbox/ps3) rather than a system that has 90% of its games exclusive to the specific system

good plan

PC+Nintendo Console, always best combination.

Also, it doesnt matter what Xbox720 or PS4 put in their system, i can just buy a computer and make it better in 20 seconds while being upgradable. Not paying 600 bucks for a pretend computer unless it has a large large amount of games i can't play on my PC instead.
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:16 pm by Phazon Xenomorph
Vortiene wrote:
blah bloo i would rather play a system whose 90% of games is on PC (xbox/ps3) rather than a system that has 90% of its games exclusive to the specific system

good plan

PC+Nintendo Console, always best combination.

Also, it doesnt matter what Xbox720 or PS4 put in their system, i can just buy a computer and make it better in 20 seconds while being upgradable. Not paying 600 bucks for a pretend computer unless it has a large large amount of games i can't play on my PC instead.

Oh no doubt, I will be picking it up for BOTH PC and Wii U in the future for sure (yes I'm THAT kind of fan, I even have the movie Aliens MEMORIZED in my head, line for line, scene for scene, I'm so diehard about this game I'ma throw money away at it. As). I might actually have a bit of money soon, if things pan out the way I think they might, I'm gonna have a 2 grand computer soon, with mechanical keyboard to boot!

Of course once I get said computer I'm gonna stream 24/7 or near 24/7 so people can see me play.
Otoshimo
Post Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:46 am by Otoshimo
Once I invest in the WiiU (which wont be until SSBU or that project X game comes slated for release date) I'll be picking it up for the Wiiu

but me & my friend are pitching in for his PS3 version so I'll already know what to expect.
Will
Post Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:51 am by Will
Ultimate Jaggi wrote:
Nova wrote:
[And honestly I am biased, the fact is the Wii U barely competes in strength with the PS3 and 360, it's what it the Wii SHOULD have been at it's time of launch back in the day. Graphics do not make the game but the fact remains that the Wii only ever had 480 as a resolution while the PS3 and 360 pump out 1080 easily, now the Wii U is just barely pumping out 1080 supposedly while Sony and Microsoft are probably getting close to pushing the boundary even further with whatever they have secretly in development.

Barely competes? Lol. How can you compare a console's launch titles (which were mostly ports) to the same titles on the other systems, when the developers know the other platforms? They are just getting used to wii u. Honestly I'm surprised it's on par with the 360 and ps3 as this is only the beginning. When the 360 came out and it had last gen ports on it, they sometimes looked worse than their previous gen counterparts (same with the ps3).

AND Xbox 360 and PS3 upscale to 1080p, while wii u runs it natively.
And if you think the next gen is going to be as massive a leap as it was from last gen to this gen, you are sorely mistaken. The update is going to be minimal and the next gen consoles will all be similar in power (including wii u).

Fact is, Sony can't afford a super powerful console and Microsoft is doing Kinect 2.0.
I honestly don't see what can be improved that much from this gen (in the graphics department.

And don't believe everything you read on the internet (talking about graphics statement Lol)

ON-TOPIC: I'll be picking it up for wii u, when it comes out (By March).

Feb 12 is for other platforms not wii u.
We are judging it off of its graphical power info thing that just got released, It's an outdated console by like 4 years. Does that means its bad, nope, will I still get a Wii U, Yep, will I still enjoy my Wii U, yeah. However, it is an outdated system from a graphical standpoint, we aren't going off the games, we're going off the hardware.
Post Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:42 am by Guest
there is no reason to argue about console graphical processing power. Unless they make consoles 800 dollars each, they will never compete with top of the line graphics ever.

Consoles need to be affordable (200-400) to compete and be worth buying from consumers. They will never have non-outdated graphics unless they put sub-par cooling systems or cut corners everywhere except the processor and RAM on the console, which we all know how that turned out with early Xbox 360s overheating all the time and RRoD.
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:34 pm by Phazon Xenomorph
Just a few more days until release, my question is how they are handling introducing the new Xeno types to the series, for the longest time it was an easy formula of Egg > Face Hugger > Chest Burster > Drone > and Queen, with a side inclusion of the Pred Alien subspecies. Now we have all these new types like the Spitter and the Boiler and the Crusher introduced and since this is an official Aliens game that makes them Canon to the series.
Will
Post Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:36 pm by Will
I kind of assumed the new Xenos would be a result of face huggers implanting in various livestock and animals that the humans had on LV-426. I mean, in alien 3 we saw a facehugger plant the embryo in a dog and as a result a runner popped out, so why not have it work with other animals.
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:21 pm by Phazon Xenomorph
Will wrote:
I kind of assumed the new Xenos would be a result of face huggers implanting in various livestock and animals that the humans had on LV-426. I mean, in alien 3 we saw a facehugger plant the embryo in a dog and as a result a runner popped out, so why not have it work with other animals.

Yeah but at the end of Aliens, LV426 had a large chunk destroyed and the atmosphere processor and the colony obliterated due to the explosion, so where did such Xenos even come from to begin with?
Otoshimo
Post Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:57 pm by Otoshimo
Nova wrote:
so where did such Xenos even come from to begin with?

Aliens: Colonial Marines 3piixq
Will
Post Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:22 pm by Will
Nova wrote:
Will wrote:

Yeah but at the end of Aliens, LV426 had a large chunk destroyed and the atmosphere processor and the colony obliterated due to the explosion, so where did such Xenos even come from to begin with?
Well, you got me there. Hopefully they come up with an adequate explanation.
Yamatsu
Post Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:36 pm by Yamatsu
Asked in Gamestop, apparently you can only get the Wii U version via pre-order and they may not be getting in any extra copies...

Can anyone outside of Ireland confirm this for their country too?
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:47 pm by Phazon Xenomorph
Will wrote:
Nova wrote:
Will wrote:

Well, you got me there. Hopefully they come up with an adequate explanation.

I've read the published books by various authors like S.D. Perry and those are pretty accurate and help expand on the Xenos quite a bit, the things have the ability to thrive where even a rat would have trouble living (and even the dumbest of the Queens has an IQ of 170+ making them smarter than most humans), but still, the explosion SHOULD have killed them which is why for a long time since that first teaser trailer with the Xeno popping out on screen in the ruins image I've wondered how they lived.

Now with the game so close and more images revealed I'm wondering how they came around in such large quantities, especially the ones on the Sulaco, the only 3 alive at the time of Alien 3 were Hicks, Newt, and Ripley, and only Ripley lived and Bishop nearly destroyed (more than what the Queen did to him). So how are there full grown Xenos on the Sulaco? Did the company send a team to try and secure some for their bio-weapons division in secret after Alien 3 or something...is that why there are Xenos?
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:47 pm by Phazon Xenomorph
Yamatsu wrote:
Asked in Gamestop, apparently you can only get the Wii U version via pre-order and they may not be getting in any extra copies...

I've not heard of this at all and I highly doubt they would do that as it would just SUCK.
Otoshimo
Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:18 am by Otoshimo
Nova wrote:
Yamatsu wrote:

I've not heard of this at all and I highly doubt they would do that as it would just SUCK.

That sure is not the case up here. I saw a limited Edition Wii U version that may be the case. But like nova said, that would suck and no doubt be a retarded move sales wise
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:14 am by Phazon Xenomorph
Videos for those interested:

Phazon Xenomorph
Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:24 pm by Phazon Xenomorph
Two more days, just two more days, well 3 for me due to the Gamestop mine is at being closed >.> . But soon the Xeno hunting fun shall begin.
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:33 pm by Phazon Xenomorph
Slight shameless bump here but I just wanted to say that the main post has been updated, please read the red text edit I did of my original post.

Thank you.
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:49 pm by Phazon Xenomorph
Well the game is out today, as per I stated before everyone who plays and wishes to group together for this game, be it on PC, PS3, XBOX, or Wii U, is more than welcome to post here and share their info to group up.

However as per the original statement, NO SPOILERS SHALL BE POSTED WITHOUT BEING IN A SPOILER BOX!

That said let the Xeno hunting begin...I have to wait until tomorrow >.>
Ultimate Jaggi
Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:19 pm by Ultimate Jaggi
Apparently this game isn't all it's hyped up to be...

It has a 47 on metacritic and IGN have it a 4.5... ouch.

Reportedly, the AI (xenomorphs) are extremely stupid and slow (nothing like the movie xenos)
Post  by Sponsored content

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Things we do when not hunting :: Passing the time when not on MH :: Non-MH Games and Gaming-
Jump to: