Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
I require a math wizard... -_- >.< Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
I require a math wizard... -_- >.< Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I require a math wizard... -_- >.<

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
enemy61390
Felyne
enemy61390

Thank you Points : 0

I require a math wizard... -_- >.< Empty
PostSubject: I require a math wizard... -_- >.<   I require a math wizard... -_- >.< Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 5:31 pm

well i went on the dmg calculation faq at gamefaqs, spent 20 minutes trying to process all of this information and failed at a calculation, unless im only getting 16 dmg per superpound...doubt that highly. Note: this is also where i remembered that i only made it to AB algebra in highschool and skated by with a 65... anyrate heres the raw information i had to find on my behalf, if someone could calculate it for me? would be greatly appreciated.....

weapon type-hammer
attack- 1003 (as in my status bar)
enemy- uragaan+, superpound on head
blue sharpness
10% affinity on weapon (didnt find any mention of this in faq -_-)
for skills i have critical draw.

my problem being im trying to figure out what my dmg output would be on an uragaan+ head if i supersmashed it with the critical draw skill enabled (meaning i drew my weapon from the sheathed state to the charging state, and thusly to the superpound which would be critical)

Thanks in advance for the help, and thank god there are people out there much better at math than I am myself.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: I require a math wizard... -_- >.<   I require a math wizard... -_- >.< Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 7:10 pm

Rounded to the nearest two decimals, the damage formula tells me you'll be doing 3.47 damage on the first hit of a crit draw superpound and on the second hit 13.19.

So 16.66 damage total...
Not too impressive :S

Back to top Go down
navgoose
Seltas Queen
navgoose

Thank you Points : 62

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: I require a math wizard... -_- >.<   I require a math wizard... -_- >.< Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 7:39 pm

Was beaten to the punch by math user. But going to reply and say the number seemed right. What weapon exactly? Just asking because you left off any element (if any).

FYI-Affinity is chance of critical, which is 100% in your case because of use of crit draw.
Back to top Go down
enemy61390
Felyne
enemy61390

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: I require a math wizard... -_- >.<   I require a math wizard... -_- >.< Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 11:43 pm

well indeed that is not impressive. its the iron impact, no elemental. I used to play MH for the playstation. back then elemental damage on a hammer was relatively useless, and you were better off going for more attack dmg vs any element, because element damage was affected more by # of hits vs how much element you had on said hammer. im guessing this isnt so anymore? theyve changed a mechanic to balance hammers with elements? <---yes this is a legit question. thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
navgoose
Seltas Queen
navgoose

Thank you Points : 62

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: I require a math wizard... -_- >.<   I require a math wizard... -_- >.< Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:59 am

Element damage is less useful on hammers for the same reasons you mentioned. Primary concern for hammer users would be sharpness color for KO/Exhaust. Uragaan's chin is a terrible hitzone for non-element damage, but it takes a lot of dragon and water. If you want to do good damage against Uragaan you need to hit elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Shepherd
Felyne
Shepherd

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: I require a math wizard... -_- >.<   I require a math wizard... -_- >.< Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 4:01 am

What goose said.

But don't forget that as a hammerer your goal isn't necessarily damage as much as it is dizzy. Don't worry about critical draw as damage per hit isn't the hammer's thing, instead go for focus, earplugs/evade, handicraft/razorsharp, and THEN consider AUx (personally i go for adrenaline 2 but you better know what you’re doing, don’t say I didn't warn you).

The hammer and GS are very similar, the difference is your sacrificing raw DPH for some utility (dizzy, fatigue, built in ESP for super pound, pretty high status effects, and mobility). The real damage dealer for hammer is the "golf swing" on the three hit combo NOT the super pound. Once it gets dizzy find the weak spot and golf swing the crap out of it. Keep in mind at all times that the tracker for KO damage will freeze until the monster recovers, and then it’s back to skull cracking. The super pound is for beating skulls as it rocks some serious KO damage.

Not saying the hammer can't do good damage but strive for those head knocks. Online it gets far more entertaining when you use focus and earplugs/evade. Focus will give you around two more dizzies if you’re trying for them (don’t worry about knocking around anyone on the head, they should know better) and thats when your friends get a whole 5 seconds or more to do whatever their sick little minds can come up with.

In short use focus, take shots at the head when possible, golf swing when it's dizzy, ad nausea.
If offline staying at the head when the monster is dizzy is not always the best move and online a good hammerer knows where the other hunters are. Whoever holds the hammer gets the head but make sure that's where you stay and everyone knows to stay off the head least they reap the whirlwind.

Now, get out there and beat some face! FullSet chips/kento
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I require a math wizard... -_- >.<   I require a math wizard... -_- >.< Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I require a math wizard... -_- >.<
Page 1 of 1