Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
So I picked up HH Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
So I picked up HH Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So I picked up HH

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Un-Tan
Seltas Queen
Un-Tan

Thank you Points : 4

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

So I picked up HH Empty
PostSubject: So I picked up HH   So I picked up HH Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 7:31 am

I haven't played MHFU in like 6months, yesterday I decided to play a little. The gear I have is full Garuga S and plenty of dual swords just like I remember. But for some reason I went ahead and crafted the Wolf Shamisen aswell. Is that HH any good or should I go for another one for now?(looking for a 'universal HH' not 'vs specific monster HH'.

The questions are many.

What skills are good for HH?
What is the prefered notes on them?
What attacks are actually good?
What type of damage is relevant? Elemental or raw?
Is there such a thing as "the best HH"?
Which buffs should you try to keep active at all the time?

I know that when it comes to buffs it's all about which ones you prefer yourself but some are better than others obviously.

The list of HHs I got atm: Wolf Shamisen, Black Lute and Bronze Bell.
Back to top Go down
kama
Seltas Queen
kama

Thank you Points : 14

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

So I picked up HH Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I picked up HH   So I picked up HH Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 3:45 pm

the sakura recorder is a good HH. the set you want during high rank for HH is the HR Rajang armor. if wikia is right it should give you horn expert, sharp+1, and RA+2. good luck
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

So I picked up HH Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I picked up HH   So I picked up HH Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 3:48 pm

Upgrade the bronze bell to the recorder lines. There isn't a "best" HH, because it depends mainly on what you are fighting, but the recorder line of HH gives you all you will ever need to fight any of the elder dragons. Gives you dragon-wind breaker to hunt down Kushala Daora and not get pushed by Lao Shan lungs' foot breeze, Clairevoyance, to always know where the Chameleos is, dragon element damage to be able to break lunastra and teostra's crowns (horns), and if you couple that with armor that negates heat damage, you don't even have to focus on breaking those parts right away, and can just go straight into doing damage. Overall, it is the best for vs Elders.

For all the other monsters, since the Triangle + Circle into a dodge & repeat combo is so quick and delivers many hits over time, just pick a weapon with a good amount of raw, and a decent amount of elemental, and you will be knocking down foes with ease. good rule to follow: Divide the elemental by 2 and add it to the raw damage, if this number is higher than the raw damage alone of a higher raw weapon vs a monster that is weak vs that element... take that elemental weapon.

One thing you will notice, is that every element seems to have the tones that give you advantages when fighting monsters that live in that particular terrain. So the "Electric Guitar" that has fire element damage, also plays music that gives you unlimited stamina, and cold protection, and stun protection... great when fighting monsters weak to fire within an ice enviroment, like Ukanlos, or Blangonga.

Horn durantion up is very easy to gem into any armor, so focus on getting other skills that you might want more. Evasion up, for example, from the insect armor, would be great. You can then Gem it to have Sharpness+1 AND horn duration up... giving you a killer combination for a hunting horn user.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

So I picked up HH Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I picked up HH   So I picked up HH Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I picked up HH
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Sony :: Playstation :: PSP/Vita (Western releases)-
Jump to: