Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
What is the best use of my Gobul mats? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
What is the best use of my Gobul mats? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What is the best use of my Gobul mats?

Go down 
+6
Andrea88GOD
navgoose
PAiN---
MasterOnion
Kanade
Jake Johnson
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Jake Johnson
Khezu

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

What is the best use of my Gobul mats? Empty
PostSubject: What is the best use of my Gobul mats?   What is the best use of my Gobul mats? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 2:10 pm

See topic.

I have been farming Gobul, and I need only two more hides to complete the Gobul Armor.

However, before I make the armor, I'd like opinions: what is the best use of my Gobul mats?
Back to top Go down
Jake Johnson
Khezu

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is the best use of my Gobul mats?   What is the best use of my Gobul mats? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 2:32 pm

I just checked with the Wyverian Artisan - two more Qurupeco feathers and I've got a Numbingbird; that shouldn't be too hard to farm, should it?

Should I go for the Gobul Armor (one more Gobul Hide and I can make it)

or

Should I farm Quru for feathers (two more and I can upgrade to a Numbingbird)
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

Thank you Points : 174

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: What is the best use of my Gobul mats?   What is the best use of my Gobul mats? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 3:10 pm

kill da peco for hammer den use hammer on gobul
Back to top Go down
https://xmaskanade.tumblr.com
MasterOnion
MasterOnion

Thank you Points : 43

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is the best use of my Gobul mats?   What is the best use of my Gobul mats? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 4:08 pm

Weapons take priority over the gobul armor. There are much better alternatives for the skills it has so you wouldn't really need to make it unless you want to be a completionist, you want to hunt using that armor specifically for the lulz, or you just like the way it looks.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: What is the best use of my Gobul mats?   What is the best use of my Gobul mats? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 4:25 pm

what is your current gear? are you farming gobul easily? the gobul armor would help you get through a lot of low rank monsters if u take advantage of the skills such as speed eating. i see u use the hammer, and this would plus u by being able to maintain stamina by consuming rations and meats faster, or juices if u have them. also being able to buff urself rather quickly with power buffs, so u can max out the damage as much as possible with the hammer. And i would also go for the peco hammer if ur only a few mats away. the more equipment the better. and it will help in the long run.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
navgoose
Seltas Queen
navgoose

Thank you Points : 62

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: What is the best use of my Gobul mats?   What is the best use of my Gobul mats? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 4:36 pm

Gobul armor is not very good compared to other armors available before it, and of course poor compared to later sets. The female version looks alright if you just want it for style, but the skills present on the armor are not worth forging it for. Gobul+ gunner has a single piece which is used in some pierce sets, but stay away from low rank blade especially.

Back to top Go down
Andrea88GOD
Kecha Wacha

Thank you Points : 35

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is the best use of my Gobul mats?   What is the best use of my Gobul mats? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 4:36 pm

Gobul armor is also strong against dragon damage, idk why no one never mentions it...
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is the best use of my Gobul mats?   What is the best use of my Gobul mats? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 4:47 pm

^True. but around low level missions there isn't a lot of dragon element attacks to worry about.
Back to top Go down
Andrea88GOD
Kecha Wacha

Thank you Points : 35

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is the best use of my Gobul mats?   What is the best use of my Gobul mats? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 4:53 pm

PAiN--- wrote:
^True. but around low level missions there isn't a lot of dragon element attacks to worry about.

did he say he's doing low level missions? where?

oh well, he can still save them to make gobul+ or overforged gobul and fight jho with it :P
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is the best use of my Gobul mats?   What is the best use of my Gobul mats? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 5:02 pm

Andrea88GOD wrote:

oh well, he can still save them to make gobul+ or overforged gobul and fight jho with it :P

Well you need peco feathers for the base peco hammer, and didn't say hide + which is high rank, so i assumed it was low rank lol.

and thats a good note, i always save armors i made to upgrade them later if i was too lazy

edit: Also Jake, I'd honestly hold off on NumbingBird and go for Red Bludgeon and RB+ and eventually Huracan Hammer.
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code: 4313-3105-0571
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: What is the best use of my Gobul mats?   What is the best use of my Gobul mats? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 6:46 pm

Hello again Jake.

I would say go for the hammer. I never used the Gobul armor but I liked the NummingBird. If you choose to, you could use it with the Bnahabra armor and have some fun stunning and paralizing the monsters. This might be better suited for team use though.

Now I realize that the nummingbird is not the strongest of hammers, but it sounds like you put a fair amount of time into farming Gobul and it's a shame not to use the materials you aquired.

Have you started to hunt Rathian and Rathalos yet? You will need a fair amount of Rathalos parts to get the Red Bludgeon like Pain suggested. Go ahead and make the NummingBird, and the Pecco Flint to upgrade later.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: What is the best use of my Gobul mats?   What is the best use of my Gobul mats? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 10:18 pm

It's personal preferance in my opinion look at the armors skills read their description and look at the weapon do you see yourself using it much in the long run? Go with what you think will last you through a large portion of the game.
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: What is the best use of my Gobul mats?   What is the best use of my Gobul mats? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 7:25 am

I pretty much went through the whole game with just Gobul Armour.
Even beat the Alatreon with High Rank Gobul Armour.
Most fire and electric attacks are somewhat easy to dodge (although I had trouble with Lagi's Electric Aura)
Monsters that deal dragon damage will often have the damage on their melee attacks so the armour helped with that.
Plus the fact that I could never be stunned.
Back to top Go down
Jake Johnson
Khezu

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is the best use of my Gobul mats?   What is the best use of my Gobul mats? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 10:28 am

Smart things I did:

1) Made a Numbingbird

Evident stupid mistakes:

1) Made Gobul Armor
Back to top Go down
navgoose
Seltas Queen
navgoose

Thank you Points : 62

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: What is the best use of my Gobul mats?   What is the best use of my Gobul mats? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 1:52 pm

FYI you can look at armor skill points offered by armor sets in the forge before you devote materials to craft it. You can also point at the skill points to see what active skills they can contribute to and the effect. Helps pick and choose the decent pieces out of a set or sets in general.
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code: 4313-3105-0571

PostSubject: Re: What is the best use of my Gobul mats?   What is the best use of my Gobul mats? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 8:54 am

Jake Johnson wrote:
Smart things I did:

1) Made a Numbingbird

Evident stupid mistakes:

1) Made Gobul Armor
Ha Ha. I like how you worded that.
The Gobul armor isn't a mistake. Like GobulHunterJames said it had decent dragon resistance and you can't be stunned.

I was playing yesterday with some people and we were trying to do Double Diablos. I was getting stunned left and right because one 'Blos would come up beneath me then the other would charge me then the first would do its tail swing... I was really wishing I had negate stun.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What is the best use of my Gobul mats?   What is the best use of my Gobul mats? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 12:42 pm

Gobul gunner leggins+ are pretty good for piercing sets since it gives +2 to expert and three slots Yes by vort Compare it to rathalos leggins+ with only +3 to expert and no slots :P

EDIT. Ow sorry, didn't see navgoose mention ^this earlier. My bad.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the best use of my Gobul mats?   What is the best use of my Gobul mats? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is the best use of my Gobul mats?
Page 1 of 1