Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?  Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?  Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?

Go down 
+16
PAiN---
RDC
Saisei
GobulHunterJames
Sephastus
Antari18
It's meh
uriel1994
Atalanta
Sai_
Arkenaw
haruno
Tirith
dcj91x
Jader7777
Volke
20 posters
AuthorMessage
Volke
Aptonoth
Volke

Thank you Points : 0

How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?  Empty
PostSubject: How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?    How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 1:48 am

I for one would like to see how much HP my enemies have, but I also get that not showing it is part of the MH culture.

Just out of mere curiosity, would you be for this or against it?
Back to top Go down
Jader7777
Cephalos
Jader7777

Thank you Points : 2

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?    How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 2:18 am

The game has 'tells' that let you know the status of the monster. I'd rather they keep it ambiguous like that.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?    How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 2:28 am

I think a lot of "gamers" a spoiled. Not saying it to be negative towards them directly, but in generally I think culturally western gamers just... Want.
Back to top Go down
Tirith
Bnahabra
Tirith

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?    How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 3:07 am

honestly i like it better without the numbers, i feel more immersed in the game hunting and killing a monster when i don't see numbers floating around.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?    How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 4:16 am

Can we get a lock on too? Oh and magic that hits monsters in another area?
Back to top Go down
Arkenaw
Rhenoplos
Arkenaw

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?    How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 4:17 am

Absolutely not, each game gets easier as it is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/arkenaw#
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?    How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 1:53 pm

The only thing an HP bar or number would do is tell us when the monster is ready for capture. Monsters are ready to be captured at 22% of their health, so if you know what 22% is, then you know when to capture. I would mind it though; it just doesn't feel right when I know what's going on with the monster's health. I like this ambiguity that comes from not knowing how the monster is doing.
Back to top Go down
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?    How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 3:13 pm

^Well, that's not quite accurate. Some monsters can be capped at significantly higher health percentages - Jaggi, Peco, Luddy, and a few others can be capped at 40%. Most other monsters can be capped between 20 and 25%.

But yeah, the most rewarding experience about playing MH is being able to learn tells and exploiting the openings that come from predicting what's coming next. Besides, the one important time to know a monster's HP is to capture - and there's both the limp tell and the cap guru skill to take care of that. Or the fact that rages come more frequently closer to death.
Back to top Go down
uriel1994
Melynx
uriel1994

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?    How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 12:11 am

When you have 60 seconds left in the clock and you can only use normal shot lvl2 with your bowgun on a weak agnaktor with no idea if you're going to able to kill him in that amount time, is the most tension I ever felt in a videogame (I swear I was sweating after that fight). I say no, we don't need hp bars, that would ruin the thrill of the hunt.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?    How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 9:47 am

idk... when fighting monsters in the series, it's almost like a guessing game.

Adding an HP bar would get rid of that mystery.

Incorporating an armor skill that will read monster HP in the form of a monster spirit reader (Good-Full HP / Agitated-Half HP / Weary-30%or less HP) to give an idea of how much health a monster has would be great.

Capture guru works fine too.. XD
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?    How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 10:50 am

For me HP bar is unnecessary addition that will cut out another hardcore aspect of the series which i love. This game need to be as hard as it can get and lack of HP bar is one of these things that reminds you to stay on your toes on every quest.

But let's face it - it's only a matter of time. They will add it someday, the series is getting more popular and the main aim is for everyone not only for hardcore players. It will change the experience. Not hurt, just change.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?    How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 11:26 am

I do not believe it is a benifit to the series to show HP. The mobile version of MH had it, and it isn't nearly as entertaining as any of the other series.

Mystery is one of the adrenaline inducing points of this game. And as has been said before, having both you and the monster at your complete limit and not knowing which one of you will make it at the end of the hunt, is one of the key sweet points of the game.

It will, however, show people what are the most effective combos. Most will stop using the figure 8 on the SA, doing a regular combo with a GS, as opposed to charging, and overall, become better dps players... even if their skills still lack in other aspects.
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?    How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 7:11 am

haruno wrote:
Can we get a lock on too? Oh and magic that hits monsters in another area?
MH3U does have a Semi-Lockon. the 3DS demo if you click on the boss monster picture at the bottom right of the bottom screen, pressing L will make the camera face the monster, but it won't stay on the monster, it's just a quick camera fix. (Makes bowgunning underwater SOOOOO much easier)
And also, Poison.
Back to top Go down
Saisei
Felyne
Saisei

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?    How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 10:53 am

Having an HP bar for the Monster kind of takes the fun out of Capture quests. I'm pretty good at predicting when a monster is weak, and taking that away from me would hurt the MH experience a little.
Back to top Go down
RDC
Bnahabra
RDC

Thank you Points : 11

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?    How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 11:33 am

There is enough info on the screen as it is. I don't want anymore.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?    How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 1:36 pm

That would take the fun out of it for me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
DeLLy
Kelbi
DeLLy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?    How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 12:52 pm

Considering it is made my Capcom, maybe a training room/practice mode with HP values, damage values, button presses, etc similar to Street Fighter.

Couldn't hurt and then actual "testing" could be done so people wouldn't argue over what is better a weapon or combo for certain situations.
Back to top Go down
Spiritlord
Popo
Spiritlord

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?    How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 7:07 pm

I don't think having visible HP bars or numbers is a good idea for the same reason that so many other people have given.

However, I do see good reasoning behind the idea. When I first played the game, I was also annoyed at not being able to view the monsters' HP, because it meant there were no visible signs of progressing in the fight against it, which I found quite discouraging. I think it might be a good idea to find some way of more visibly showing that you are actually hurting a monster, and not just repeatedly hitting it. Maybe increase the number of breakable body parts, or allow most body parts to be wounded more than once, or something.
Back to top Go down
Xzen
Kelbi
Xzen

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?    How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 10:02 pm

I hope they never show monster HP. It would take a lot out of watching how the monster moves to tell how much you've hurt it. That helps you feel like you're hunting it.
Back to top Go down
PossiblyDextrose
Kelbi
PossiblyDextrose

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?    How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 7:21 pm

I don't really mind as long as you can toggle it via Skill/Options. It really wouldn't be that useful for anything other than damage calculating, since capturing mostly isn't a problem if you wait for a limp.

So I don't see it as "Too Easy" unless you don't look up a monster's weakness and hit-zone chart for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?    How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you think community would react to showing Monster HP?
Page 1 of 1