Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Online Player Search? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Online Player Search? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Online Player Search?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chojun
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

Online Player Search? Empty
PostSubject: Online Player Search?   Online Player Search? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 9:30 pm

Hey there.

I'm a MH3 Tri vet/elite but I'm embarrassed to say that I can't figure out how to search for players online in MH3U. If there's a way it's not totally obvious to me.

I'd like to sync up with my old Tri buddies - I'm hoping that they made the switch to 3U.

Thanks in advance Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Chojun
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Online Player Search?   Online Player Search? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 11:02 pm

Af.ter searching and screwing around for about an hour or so it looks like this feature isn't one that was included. Also, I can't see how you can inspect players in a city before joining.

Additionally, there's no way to see how many players are in the tavern vs. on quest(s) simply by looking at the city.

These are features that will be sorely missed..

(BTW, the word 'after' isn't censored anymore xD )

What other Tri features are missing? We ought to compile a list and set up a petition for inclusion in an update.
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Online Player Search?   Online Player Search? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 2:39 am

you can just warp to your friends, I dont see any form of messaging people outside of the city, I dont see how you can private msg or text someone who isnt on the quest, I dont see a friendlist (just your wiiU friends) does that mean that if I add someone they become wiiU friends with me?
Seriously, I will miss the name search so much....
Back to top Go down
Chojun
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Online Player Search?   Online Player Search? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 11:29 am

Ahh okay, good insight. I hadn't even considered the Miiverse friend integration. I haven't tried that yet but it looks like that's how you add MH friends and sync up with them.

I'm not saying I have a problem with that as that's how XBox live works. However, there's a GAP in the feature. The gap is this - how do you actually FIND people you want to hunt with? What if you're not already friends with them? What if you want to be friends with someone say, in just MH and not across all Nintendo games?

My cousin and I shared guild cards last night and although they're kinda nice and interesting, they're useless for friend-networking, because even after sharing a card you still can't send messages/warp to another player. They just give you very detailed info about a hunter.

Also on an aside I have to say that the chat box and lobby features are idiotic. The chat box because only 3 lines of text fit in it (where 6 should fit fine if the player's name were displayed to the left of the message like in Tri); and the lobby for a similar reason and because you can't do lobby searches.

I really hope Capcom can address these features and introduce updates for them in the future. We should get a list of things that were present in Tri but are missing in 3U and get that over to Capcom.
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Online Player Search?   Online Player Search? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 11:50 am

Also: the text is too small.

I get that they wanted you to have a larger screen to play but... well. those with no so big TVs can't read even what cha-cha says.... let alone the chat
Back to top Go down
Leonhardt
Yian Garuga
Leonhardt

Thank you Points : 13

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Online Player Search?   Online Player Search? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 12:29 pm

Lalo wrote:
Also: the text is too small.

I get that they wanted you to have a larger screen to play but... well. those with no so big TVs can't read even what cha-cha says.... let alone the chat
ikr i hav a small tv and its impossiple for me to read so i gave up and used the mic feature lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Online Player Search?   Online Player Search? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Online Player Search?
Page 1 of 1