Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Bow Help Needed! Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Bow Help Needed! Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bow Help Needed!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Takeshiren
Aptonoth
Takeshiren

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Bow Help Needed! Empty
PostSubject: Bow Help Needed!   Bow Help Needed! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:00 am

Hey guys,

I'm in need of some Bow help, I have been playing monster hunter for a long time, so I'm not a newbie at all but I have never used the bow, and I wanted a change from my usually all hammer/GS play.

I am able to kill things with the bows (currently only on 3 star missions), I have no problem killing the things, but the problem is I miss.. A lot. It took me 40 arrows to kill the G.Jaggi and I'm pretty sure 20 of those missed.

I ask of you guys, is there any way of aiming? Currently I do some zoomed shots and some unzoomed and I'm obviously more accurate with the zoomed ones, but is there anyway to make unzoomed more accurate?

Thanks

Daniel
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Bow Help Needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bow Help Needed!   Bow Help Needed! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:30 am

Don't use unzoomed unless you're guaranteed to hit. You should almost always be shooting with the R trigger held down.
Back to top Go down
DaniChi
Diablos
DaniChi

Thank you Points : 136

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Australia

Bow Help Needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bow Help Needed!   Bow Help Needed! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 5:38 am

I do believe it'll depend on what bow you use will affect how you should/shouldn't use zoomed shot, as well as what you're fighting and where you're fighting.

When I started to use bow more seriously after watching someone else use bow I also adopted the same bow being the Rathian bow.

Unzoomed is really just about practise, especially for arcshots it's just about judging the distance between you and the monster to know where the arcshot will land.

When using the normal charged shots you should almost always be zooming in for best efficiency except for spread imho (unless you're aiming for the head for a stun or something)

But basically practise makes perfect and pick the right bow for your own style of play.

I don't know how well bow works in terms of solo... I do believe it's meant to be more of a support weapon that a solo/kill one.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

Bow Help Needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bow Help Needed!   Bow Help Needed! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 8:31 am

Once you figure the bows out you should never have to use the R aiming at all. It took me very little time to get use to the bows and now I can turn/roll dodge and charge and shoot pretty quickly without ever having to use the aim assist.

It just takes time and practice. The main thing is getting to know the different charge and ARC shots. THIS OS A MUST. How they work and what they do is important.

Check out the guide section here: https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/t9548-bow-guide-fun-with-arrows

As far as soloing with a bow.. It's great! The blast arc is an amazing way to break parts and I seem to have a lot less difficulty with large monsters compared to friends. Using less potions and taking fewer hits. But using a lot of stamina..

Though... My outfit and the bow makes me looks amazing (refer to avatar and signature)

Just get your distance and timing down and you'll be fine solo or in a group.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bow Help Needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bow Help Needed!   Bow Help Needed! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bow Help Needed!
Page 1 of 1