Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MH4... New screens and a better look after delay? - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MH4... New screens and a better look after delay? - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MH4... New screens and a better look after delay?

Go down 
+14
MasterOnion
Firpi
RupertKnight
Tirith
DemonPants
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Ultimate Jaggi
Gilgames
IBGenius
Jinathin_x_X
Yamatsu
parasky
Arkenaw
dcj91x
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

MH4... New screens and a better look after delay? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: MH4... New screens and a better look after delay?   MH4... New screens and a better look after delay? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 1:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

MH4... New screens and a better look after delay? - Page 2 Monster-Hunter-4-2

MH4... New screens and a better look after delay? - Page 2 Monster-Hunter-4-8

MH4... New screens and a better look after delay? - Page 2 Monster-Hunter-4-12

MH4... New screens and a better look after delay? - Page 2 Monster-Hunter-4-15

MH4... New screens and a better look after delay? - Page 2 Monster-Hunter-4-14

MH4... New screens and a better look after delay? - Page 2 Monster-Hunter-4-20

Just a few pics here but you can see them all at: http://monsterhunternews.com/2013/04/monster-hunter-4-screen-shots-2/

So what do you all think... Is MH4 looking better than the early screens shown?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: MH4... New screens and a better look after delay?   MH4... New screens and a better look after delay? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 10:33 am

so boring, i could just make a real game, boring, PC port, boring, boring and a plethora of boring?
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4... New screens and a better look after delay?   MH4... New screens and a better look after delay? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 11:41 am

Hawkfriend wrote:
dcj91x wrote:

PSP- Screen size: 3.8 in      480 × 272 pixels with 16,777,216 colors

3DS- Screen size:  3.53 inches      showing 16.77 million colors, at 800 x 240 pixel resolution (400 pixels allocated to each eye to enable 3D visuals)

ummm.... if 400 pixels for each eye, then it is really 400x240, which is indeed less than 480x272

your point? I only posted the resolution of both systems in response to people talking about it on both systems and technically it is generally accepted (especially now with games running at a full 60fps in 3d) that it is 800X240 pixel resolution with the 3d on. For further reference to this you may look up the specs from multiple sites.

Also, it is yet to be seen or stated exactly what the frame rate for MH4 is.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: MH4... New screens and a better look after delay?   MH4... New screens and a better look after delay? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 12:17 pm

dcj91x wrote:
Probably 30fps. 3DS version of Tri U struggles at some points but overall runs smoothly (but not at 60fps, that's for sure). Mostly, the only 60fps handheld games we ever see are sprite-based.

Related to this, MGS3D runs at a capped 20fps apparently. /pokr/
I wouldn't expect MH4 to run any smoother than 30fps.
Back to top Go down
Hawkfriend
Jaggi
Hawkfriend

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: MH4... New screens and a better look after delay?   MH4... New screens and a better look after delay? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 6:53 pm

dcj91x wrote:

parasky wrote:
You do understand that this will probably look much better on the smaller, sharper 3DS display, which is lower res than the PSP.

Are you thinking about the PSP or the vita?

Resolution

3DS- Screen size:  3.53 inches      showing 16.77 million colors, at 800 x 240 pixel resolution (400 pixels allocated to each eye to enable 3D visuals)

dcj91x wrote:
Hawkfriend wrote:
dcj91x wrote:

ummm.... if 400 pixels for each eye, then it is really 400x240, which is indeed less than 480x272

your point? I only posted the resolution of both systems in response to people talking about it on both systems and technically it is generally accepted (especially now with games running at a full 60fps in 3d) that it is 800X240 pixel resolution with the 3d on. For further reference to this you may look up the specs from multiple sites.

I was simply stating it in the same way you were. as a statement, neutrally, neither attacking nor defending. my *point* was my opinion. my opinion is that even though the 3DS screen has a technical resolution that is higher than the psp (ad therefore is doing more work), the apparent resolution--the resolution that you *actually see*--is lower than the psp.

Not trying to attack you in any way, simply stating my opinion.
Back to top Go down
rjthakid
Kelbi
rjthakid

PostSubject: Re: MH4... New screens and a better look after delay?   MH4... New screens and a better look after delay? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 6:01 pm

Vortiene wrote:
so boring, i could just make a real game, boring, PC port, boring, boring and a plethora of boring?

Fanboyism.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: MH4... New screens and a better look after delay?   MH4... New screens and a better look after delay? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:17 pm

Yamatsu wrote:
dcj91x wrote:
Probably 30fps. 3DS version of Tri U struggles at some points but overall runs smoothly (but not at 60fps, that's for sure). Mostly, the only 60fps handheld games we ever see are sprite-based.

This may be a weird time to ask... But how does fps works?
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: MH4... New screens and a better look after delay?   MH4... New screens and a better look after delay? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 9:40 pm

ShadowCeadeusDM324 wrote:
Yamatsu wrote:
dcj91x wrote:

This may be a weird time to ask... But how does fps works?
Framerate/FPS (frames per second) is basically the rate at which individual images are refreshed which make up whatever you're watching or playing... So a lower framerate will mean a choppier experience, higher framerate a smoother experience (but only if your display has a refresh rate to match, for example over 60fps on a 60Hz display will cause screen tearing).

30fps is pretty smooth, 60fps and over is glorious. Anything below 30 IMO is veeerry sketchy to play. Metal Gear Solid 3D's low framerate of 20fps is VERY noticeable, for example.

That's the barebones of it... If anyone has any corrections or additions, please post them.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4... New screens and a better look after delay?   MH4... New screens and a better look after delay? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 10:46 am

ALso Yama.. It is most likely going to be 60fps' even with 3D on as most of the more recent and upcoming 3ds games seem to all be running at 60/60.

And yup, basical Framerate is how smooth the movements/motion is... TV's have this as well and it sometimes interfears in a games natural framerate for home consoles.. It's only noticable from time to time but a good tv matched with a good game does make a big difference in a lot of games.

With the 3ds.. you pretty much get what it states for game speed.. Precious 3ds games lowered the framerate with the 3D on.. MOst of the newer ones however run at the same FPS with or without 3d on.
Back to top Go down
DemonPants
Aptonoth
DemonPants

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: MH4... New screens and a better look after delay?   MH4... New screens and a better look after delay? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 11:23 pm

I still don't get it, why are graphics so important? It really doesn't matter to me as long as games are fun. If it looked like freedom unite or something earlier, I still wouldn't care. I still think the graphics are perfectly good and anti-aliasing has never been an issue with me. I thought the whole important part of games (especially with Monster Hunter) is that it is fun. From what I've seen so far I think MH4 is going to be amazing. It really seems like they are trying really hard on this game, and I support them for doing what they can.
Back to top Go down
aninymouse
Jaggi
aninymouse

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4... New screens and a better look after delay?   MH4... New screens and a better look after delay? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 12:32 pm

Exactly how I feel. When's the last time you went back and actually watched a MHFU video? That game's graphics are horrendous compared to MH4. I think to compare the two is insulting!

The only things in MH4 that look really bad, so far, are some of the terrain areas. Not all of the terrain, mind you! Just here and there, there's a goofy-looking ledge or flat vine texture on a slightly curved wall. SMALL STUFF. Honestly, even MH3U has things like that: the water's surface is corny-looking; some weapon textures are painfully stretched, low-res, washed-out. Now THOSE THERE seem to be two very important visual components that they have fixed rather well, from MH3U to MH4.

Check out the amazing water in the Frozen Sea compared to the water's edge in the Deserted Island. Check out this video, near the end. Pause it right when they show the Gunlance. Notice how they fixed that horrendous Rathalos shield?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AdVP6Q6oUQ

Now THAT shows effort I can appreciate!
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4... New screens and a better look after delay?   MH4... New screens and a better look after delay? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 7:10 pm

DemonPants wrote:
I still don't get it, why are graphics so important? It really doesn't matter to me as long as games are fun. If it looked like freedom unite or something earlier, I still wouldn't care. I still think the graphics are perfectly good and anti-aliasing has never been an issue with me. I thought the whole important part of games (especially with Monster Hunter) is that it is fun. From what I've seen so far I think MH4 is going to be amazing. It really seems like they are trying really hard on this game, and I support them for doing what they can.
There is a part of the mainstream audience who doesn't cares about the game at all if it has nice graphics. This is very harmful for the gaming industry. Is like saying that the devs can be lazy and make a beautiful looking game and ignore other important areas. Remember back at the NES era, nobody cared about the graphics as long as the game was good.
Later the more bits the console had the better, not neccesarily.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4... New screens and a better look after delay?   MH4... New screens and a better look after delay? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 9:56 am

aninymouse wrote:
Exactly how I feel. When's the last time you went back and actually watched a MHFU video? That game's graphics are horrendous compared to MH4. I think to compare the two is insulting!

The only things in MH4 that look really bad, so far, are some of the terrain areas. Not all of the terrain, mind you! Just here and there, there's a goofy-looking ledge or flat vine texture on a slightly curved wall. SMALL STUFF. Honestly, even MH3U has things like that: the water's surface is corny-looking; some weapon textures are painfully stretched, low-res, washed-out. Now THOSE THERE seem to be two very important visual components that they have fixed rather well, from MH3U to MH4.

Check out the amazing water in the Frozen Sea compared to the water's edge in the Deserted Island. Check out this video, near the end. Pause it right when they show the Gunlance. Notice how they fixed that horrendous Rathalos shield?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AdVP6Q6oUQ

Now THAT shows effort I can appreciate!

^ You also have to remember that some of the textures are off/(Flat) looking due to the fact that a lot of MH4 looks like it was made to be viewed in 3D. A lot of the textures, while looking odd and color blended may not look that way on the actual 3DS with the 3d on.

Though there was a bit of trouble in the begining with 3d actually enhancing the games looks, now thinks to effort and the fact that they can run the whole game at 60fps with the 3d on, many games look a bit better when veiwed in 3d versus 2d... I believe MH4 is one of those games. And while I'm not big into graphics and am big into using a systems full potential, which I think we will see in MH4.

ShadowCeadeusDM324 wrote:
DemonPants wrote:
There is a part of the mainstream audience who doesn't cares about the game at all if it has nice graphics. This is very harmful for the gaming industry. Is like saying that the devs can be lazy and make a beautiful looking game and ignore other important areas. Remember back at the NES era, nobody cared about the graphics as long as the game was good.
Later the more bits the console had the better, not neccesarily.

This mentality is due a lot because of reviewers and advertising in general. A lot of people marveled at the looks of a game.. However this relates more to consoles than handhelds, as we've seen time and time again Sega Gamegear/Gameboy, PSP/DS, Vita/3DS.. That it really is the games that make the system not thet power. Consoles are looked at differently though due to overall power and the "entertainment" aspect... A movie can have amazing acting and a great storyline but if it's filmed baddly you're not going to sit and watch it most of the time on your 55inch, 3d, plasma TV with full 7.1 digital suround sound... ame goes with games.. If it's a great game but looks "Bad" it will be difficult to play due to distractions.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4... New screens and a better look after delay?   MH4... New screens and a better look after delay? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 12:49 am

dcj19x wrote:
If it's a great game but looks "Bad" it will be difficult to play due to distractions.
You are right, even if I disagree in that but you got a point.
Back to top Go down
Jinathin_x_X
Popo
Jinathin_x_X

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: MH4... New screens and a better look after delay?   MH4... New screens and a better look after delay? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:35 am

Well it's disappointing when 3U looked so good and mh4 is looking worse than its previous title. I love the fact they are adding more stuffs but it obv bugs me. I don't expect it to have full blown mhO graphics on handhelds and especially on 3ds. But i expect them to be not any worse....

And people say graphics doesn't matter, it matters big time now days. Lets compare with food... Okay you can make most delicious food in the world but if it looks like meh no one is going to be that interested into try it, especially when you are paying money? I don't think they would want to at all.
Back to top Go down
aninymouse
Jaggi
aninymouse

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4... New screens and a better look after delay?   MH4... New screens and a better look after delay? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:52 pm

Maybe it's the online component. What's the best-looking game on 3DS with 4-player online support? That'd be a somewhat fair comparison.
Back to top Go down
Gilgames
Melynx
Gilgames

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: MH4... New screens and a better look after delay?   MH4... New screens and a better look after delay? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 3:58 am

New screens, but i have no idea how to post them here.
Here's the link, so if someone can post them here please?
Link:
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4... New screens and a better look after delay?   MH4... New screens and a better look after delay? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 11:09 pm

Jinathin_x_X wrote:
Well it's disappointing when 3U looked so good and mh4 is looking worse than its previous title. I love the fact they are adding more stuffs but it obv bugs me. I don't expect it to have full blown mhO graphics on handhelds and especially on 3ds. But i expect them to be not any worse....

And people say graphics doesn't matter, it matters big time now days. Lets compare with food... Okay you can make most delicious food in the world but if it looks like meh no one is going to be that interested into try it, especially when you are paying money? I don't think they would want to at all.
Well with the amount of stuff they're putting in the game of course graphics will suffer. But the game isn't finished yet, so they can add all the stuff they want while having low res graphics and at the end see how much space they have left for the graphics.
Back to top Go down
DemonPants
Aptonoth
DemonPants

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: MH4... New screens and a better look after delay?   MH4... New screens and a better look after delay? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 12:42 am

Jinathin_x_X wrote:

If that is the case, then why do people still buy classic games? Going off of that idea then no one would buy Virtual Console or any version of those types of games.

The only way that logic works is if the game looks like something from the N64 or something as old as that. If it looks like they didn't care about the graphics, clearly they do though, just look at the armor or weapons. Personally I don't care how the bush in the corner of the screen looks, or if that wall is not as well done as it could.

My point was that people act like this game has some of the worst graphics ever. Which it doesn't, and regardless no Monster Hunter fan would care if the graphics looked like this or not. A true fan would play it no matter how it looked. I can guarantee you that all of these arguments would stop if the game was confirmed to not be coming to the states. So, why then should we complain if we have the possibility?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MH4... New screens and a better look after delay?   MH4... New screens and a better look after delay? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MH4... New screens and a better look after delay?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2