Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Horn recommendation Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Horn recommendation Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunting Horn recommendation

Go down 
+3
PAiN---
haruno
Antari18
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Hunting Horn recommendation Empty
PostSubject: Hunting Horn recommendation   Hunting Horn recommendation Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 4:10 pm

To all hunting horn users - which HH are worth having? I heard about S. Zinogre HH and Dios HH.

Also i wanna build one HH set for general use. Any skill or set recommendation? Also note that i hate full sets from one monster so full peco X won't work here.

I was thinking about something with Wide-range+2, item use up, horn maestro and sth else maybe sharpness+1? Is KO and stamina drain worth having? Also i read that some pepole use evade+1 with HH. With your movement speed up it looks like pointless to have on HH, or am i wrong?
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Horn recommendation   Hunting Horn recommendation Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 4:18 pm

Dios
bari
nether
NETHER
stygian

all the gunlance you'll ever need.

**** wide range and item use up.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Horn recommendation   Hunting Horn recommendation Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 4:27 pm

^ dont u mean all the hunting horns he will be using lol.

also, i agree wide range is a nice skill to use
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Un-Tan
Seltas Queen
Un-Tan

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Horn recommendation   Hunting Horn recommendation Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 4:28 pm

Magica Charm all the way. And I don't even use HH :­D
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Horn recommendation   Hunting Horn recommendation Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 4:30 pm

I thought i asked about hunting horn not gunlance. Oh well.

inb4 "hit it untill it dies" and all other bs. I like supporting rather than doing all the dmg most of the time. HH is kinda new to me, but i can see that it can serve as ultimate supporting melee weapon. Looks like perfect weapon for Wide-range and item use up.

Also why bari HH is that good?
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Horn recommendation   Hunting Horn recommendation Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 4:37 pm

PAiN--- wrote:

whoops meant HH. Either way wide range is a god awful skill especially since might/def seeds don't stack with atk/def buff your horn gives.
Back to top Go down
Chagrilled
Chagrilled

Thank you Points : 34

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Horn recommendation   Hunting Horn recommendation Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 4:40 pm

bari hunting horn has attack up song. that's the single best song you can have.

if you go for a wide range set, also take speed eating, since that will speed up the time spent chugging potions and whatnot.

you should still pull off your song combos while attacking the mob, some of them might be flighty enough that you have to do the song while it's off attacking someone else. please, dont spam the healing songs, you'll do a damn site more in less time chugging a potion, than healing for less than a herb.

haruno listed good hunting horns, he just accidentally said gunlance.

edit: haruno, adamant seed stacked with my hh defence up large (even the boost too), ill double check though.

edit edit: confirmed.

Last edited by Chagrilled on Wed May 08, 2013 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Horn recommendation   Hunting Horn recommendation Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 4:43 pm

Ow didn't know that... yeah so i guess item use up is pointless. Unless your horn doesn't have attack up melody. But still Wide range works with potions and antidotes just fine. I don't know what about nulberies tho
Back to top Go down
Chagrilled
Chagrilled

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Horn recommendation   Hunting Horn recommendation Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 4:46 pm

it works for nulberries.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Horn recommendation   Hunting Horn recommendation Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 4:47 pm

There are only two sets that naturally hvaveHorn Maestro, the bone sets and the Peco Sets... and the G-Rank Peco doesn't even have full 10 skill points... This means that you will have to gem Horn Maestro... and each Gem is from low rank Peco hunt rewards. This means you will have to do alot of low rank peco hunts to begin with, if you do not want to use Full Peco gear.

The hunting horn has a few... irks. Your most powerful move knocks everyone away... your other moves are much weaker and make your friends stumble. So if you are playing in a group, be very mindful of what moves you are using.

As for skills:

Wide Range is good if you just plan on staying in the background playing songs and buffing up the group... which is not a good way to do the hunting horn, since it has so much potential.

Stamina Drain is one of the better skills to have, since a tired monster is a very easy kill.

KO - If you are good at hitting the head, then go for this skill. At G-Rank, it takes quite a bit of hits before you can KO a monster though... even with this skill.

Evade +1 - This is by no means a useless skill, unless all you are doing is avoiding combat and signing/buffing.

The S. Zinogre HH is good for damage, as it gives natural Horn Maestro, AuLx2 and knockback prevention, just remember that your big hits have a wide range and will send your friends flying.

The Dios HH has Affinity up with a built in small heal. This one is better, cause not only are you increasing the overall damage of your group... you are also healing them a little bit. It also comes in with built in hearing protection for the group. So for any hunts where you are going for the Giggis, this is a must. I tend to use the Dios HH for solo runs just because I get heals, damage increase, and hearing protection... so i do not have to Gem Critical Eye, or HGE... which is huge.. you can gem in other stuff, like evasion, that will make almost all fights childs-play.

Useless skills: ESP - All HH come with a personal ESP song.

A set that is very easy to make, and has most skills you want (aside from Peco), is the High Rank Bone armor set. You will have to kill a few of those desert fish to get the sharpened fangs and big fins, but even that is easy... specially if you bring a HH with a yellow note. (3 yellow notes = sonic bomb). The Bone set comes naturally with KO, item use up, horn maestro and capture guru and 5 slots to put in some easily gemed skill, or a more powerful skill with a good talisman. If you wanted wide range, just get a talisman, and put in the rest of the skills in gems. Note: most people laugh at this set because of it's looks, and some will belittle you if you use it at G-Rank. However, you can get this set up to 101 def per piece... which is perfectly fine for G-Rank stuff... specially if you are just going to be in the sidelines singing, and bringing in a few hits to KO the monster.

Quick tip: Your most powerful hit also doubles as unshakable ability. When you start it, you will not get tripped, blown by light winds, shaken by small tremors. When you notice a monster getting ready to do one of these things (like a Rathalos landing, or the Qurupeco getting ready to fly backwards, or a diablos stepping around in a circle), just do your big move, and you will not be affected by it, and could continue with your combo/evade.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Horn recommendation   Hunting Horn recommendation Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 4:48 pm

Let me rephrase that. Seeds give Attack/def up small. Which does stack with a horns AuL+ buff. Though nether horn (the best horn all around on anything that doesn't straight out resist thunder doesn't stack.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Horn recommendation   Hunting Horn recommendation Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 4:49 pm

haruno wrote:
PAiN--- wrote:

whoops meant HH. Either way wide range is a god awful skill especially since might/def seeds don't stack with atk/def buff your horn gives.

I thought HH's have their own separate buffs so you could stack them with seeds/ drugs etc.

Cha- is this what you confirmed?
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Horn recommendation   Hunting Horn recommendation Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 4:53 pm

Also, as stated above you should be attacking with your HH. Don't be one of those idiots that sit back and just buff ALL game lol.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Horn recommendation   Hunting Horn recommendation Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 4:58 pm

PAiN--- wrote:
haruno wrote:
PAiN--- wrote:

I thought HH's have their own separate buffs so you could stack them with seeds/ drugs etc.

Cha- is this what you confirmed?
They don't.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Horn recommendation   Hunting Horn recommendation Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 5:02 pm

HH songs stack with seeds. Also, Nether HH, while good, is not the "best" HH. Best is a relative term, but it is not the highest in raw damage as several HH can increase their attack way beyond the Nether, and the buffs it has are very situational.

It is "convinient" in that is links the attack & defence buffs into one song, and it has 2 ways of doing it, so regardless of how you are attacking the mob, you can even "accidently" queue up the song, but it's job can be done better by a number of much more easily accessible horns, like the Riforzatto.

Early on, if you can't make any other HH, go the bagpipe line and learn how to attack. Your team-mates will appreciate the added attack & defense boosts, as well as the added maximum health, if you are still doing early ranks.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Horn recommendation   Hunting Horn recommendation Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 5:04 pm

Sephastus: I know that staying in the background and healing up, buffing team may sound like wasting HH potential, but i'm tired of other weapons and staying on the front line. If i want to maximize HH offensive potential i should probably go for edgemaster, HGE, AUL+Sharpness+1, Critical Eye+X and other stuff which can work just fine for all other weapons. Why should i go for HH if i can play with GS or hammer with that skills.

I want a set which will be designed specially for HH. Set which take advantage of supporting nature of this weapon.

I just got to the point in which idc about kills that much.

My hatered for full sets also implies towards full LR bone set j__j but thx for all info.

Last edited by Antari18 on Wed May 08, 2013 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Horn recommendation   Hunting Horn recommendation Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 5:05 pm

Sephastus wrote:
HH songs stack with seeds. Also, Nether HH, while good, is not the "best" HH. Best is a relative term, but it is not the highest in raw damage as several HH can increase their attack way beyond the Nether, and the buffs it has are very situational.

It is "convinient" in that is links the attack & defence buffs into one song, and it has 2 ways of doing it, so regardless of how you are attacking the mob, you can even "accidently" queue up the song, but it's job can be done better by a number of much more easily accessible horns, like the Riforzatto.

Early on, if you can't make any other HH, go the bagpipe line and learn how to attack. Your team-mates will appreciate the added attack & defense boosts, as well as the added maximum health, if you are still doing early ranks.

I've always gone by that as well, when I use the HH I'm always popping seeds. As for different HH's I don't usually look at the damage but more of the buffs they can use as thats what it's usually used for, though high damage is favored.
Back to top Go down
Chagrilled
Chagrilled

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Horn recommendation   Hunting Horn recommendation Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 5:06 pm

i confirmed that the adamant seed stacked with the defence up large song, including boost. i havnt tried attack, or the attack + defense song yet.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Horn recommendation   Hunting Horn recommendation Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 5:12 pm

Attack up Large doesn't stack with attack up large but it does stack with attack up small.
Attack up small doesn't stack with attack up small but it does stack with attack up large.

Seeds = Small
Buffs in most cases are large.

Nether also gives Stamina Negation which you all somehow overlook.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Horn recommendation   Hunting Horn recommendation Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 5:19 pm

Antari18 wrote:
Sephastus: I know that staying in the background and healing up, buffing team may sound like wasting HH potential, but i'm tired of other weapons and staying on the front line. If i want to maximize HH offensive potential i should probably go for edgemaster, HGE, AUL+Sharpness+1, Critical Eye+X and other stuff which can work just fine for all other weapons. Why should i go for HH if i can play with GS or hammer with that skills.

I want a set which will be designed specially for HH. Set which take advantage of supporting nature of this weapon.

I just got to the point in which idc about kills that much.

My hatered for full sets also implies towards full LR bone set j__j but thx for all info.

Gotcha.

ok, if you are going for full support, then you should at least initially start with the bone set, and try to gem in Wide Area. The Peco set includes wide area... so, even if you do not want to farm a particular beastie, you might have to in this case.

Vicello Tri (G) is probably a good horn for you if you do not want to be in the fight often. You will be able to heal, increase regen, give divine protection, boost elemental attacks, sonic bomb and this particular HH can, on top of being able to KO a monster, and have higher than the average weapon stamina drain, also do paralisys! Definately a full support weapon if I have seen one. Plus its a VIOLIN! Pair that with the Bhanara suit, and you are just looking super snazzy, while getting status attack up!

Edit: Haruno, with all due respect, there are different types of buffs... not just "small" and "large". Hunting Horn buffs are percentage based, while seeds and other buffs add a set amount based on the weapon.

Attack buff types: Consumables (The kitchen counts as a consumable), Skill based, Charm based and Song based. You can stack these regarless of what "size" the others have. there might be other attack types, but this is just a quick edit.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Horn recommendation   Hunting Horn recommendation Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 5:40 pm

Haha yeah sound like a good idea Yes by vort Thx Sephastus! I'll try experiment with different horns and sets to see if this kind of play is really for me.
Back to top Go down
bill_the_noob
Bnahabra
bill_the_noob

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): France

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Horn recommendation   Hunting Horn recommendation Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 8:12 pm

The hunting horn can be an offensive weapon; you dont need to miles away to play a song , really;

First you -obviously- need to memorize 1or2 songs for the HH you have; then, WHILE in battle, you play the notes (by hitting the monster Yes by vort ) then when he flinches / changes his focus you can play the song; with practice you "feel" the duration of the songs so you play them again before they expire.

Full support style may be a viable one online, but if you practice solo you'll have to be offensive. And yes, soloing with HH is doable and fun

Now the "bests" HH IMHO :
- Nether is first :
attack up/def up ==> gives a non negligible boost
negate stamina use : depending on your team, that can be very useful (dual swords mostly, hammers, lance etc...)
wind negate : nice on raths
- Stygian is good because of sharpness/raw and it has Attack Up Large, the best song
- Ura is nice : Attack up Large, earplugs/HGE (and other stuff) but cant get purple sharpness
- Dios : has HGE, probably best to take to a nox fight ; the "affinity" boost doesnt look so huge compared to the boost of AUL or even AUS ; its healing capability are ridiculous
- cry in the night is better than its final upgrade for the songs imho
- giggi's line is cool also
My collection is still growing so maybe there are better ones Yes by vort

Since my HH playstyle is offensive, i use a generic blademaster set with Horn Maestro : edgemaster, evade+1, and Maestro
-KO/stamina taker skills wont make a huge difference
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Horn recommendation   Hunting Horn recommendation Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 9:19 pm

Yeah i'd like to go for something in between offensive and support. For that i need to run some tests to see what fits my playstyle best. For full support it need strong allies to be the main force. In tri i do the same with para/poison, wide-range hammers, SnS and guns. But often ppl were lacking in power so clearing quest tooks forever. The main reason is to buff your buddies as much as you can, but the problem is when they lack in skills...

Also you mention ura HH. What about steel ura HH? I noticed it makes really cool sound when played, but i dunno if its any good. In terms of raw and fire element there are better HH i guess. The same goes for giggi line. There are two variations - poison and para. Can you say something about their songs?
Back to top Go down
bill_the_noob
Bnahabra
bill_the_noob

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): France

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Horn recommendation   Hunting Horn recommendation Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 8:43 am

Both giggi horns play the same songs :
good ones are stamina negate, wind pressure negate, antidote+heal, and def boost (L)
They dont have very high raw dmg but one does para, other does poison
so they are good for support

steel ura is nice also, but i havent used it :
looking at
http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH3U:_Song_Table_Purple
it has good songs too

Oh and i forgot to mention the barrioth one, same songs as Ura's, ice element

Being full support needs a team obviously, you cant do that alone or if you duo
As a rule, i use the best Horn in terms of raw/sharp/element in solo/duos, but i tend to prefer the one with best songs in full team; for example if you do a Miralis, Deus or Jhen with 3 dual sword users, pick a Horn with stamina negate lol that will benefit them a lot

Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Horn recommendation   Hunting Horn recommendation Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 9:20 am

Thx for the tips! I try remember that.

Anyway i found nice set which surprisingly can be only achieved in my charm table (9) because it requires sick charm - sharpness+5, Wide range+12. Hovever... it can be also done with sharpness+5, 1 slot, resulting with only Wide range+1.

Spoiler:

So yeah, a lot of charm farming for me... hope to get it one day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Horn recommendation   Hunting Horn recommendation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting Horn recommendation
Page 1 of 1