Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Any difference between soloing in village and the port? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Any difference between soloing in village and the port? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Any difference between soloing in village and the port?

Go down 
+8
dcj91x
Phazon Xenomorph
evahnulahm
haruno
s k i e s
E&Troy
Sai_
Copain
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Copain
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

Any difference between soloing in village and the port? Empty
PostSubject: Any difference between soloing in village and the port?   Any difference between soloing in village and the port? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 9:59 pm

I play solo (only solo) and I thought the single player village stuff stopped after the big boss but it continued into high rank stuff. I'm curious as to if the monsters I fight will be any weaker or stronger than if I soloed in the multiplayer port
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Any difference between soloing in village and the port?   Any difference between soloing in village and the port? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 10:16 pm

If you are soloing only, multi-player Tanjia Port isn't a good option for you because from personal experience, monsters' health and attack are scaled properly to meet the demands of 4 players. I recommend you choose the solo Tanjia Port option since it was made for solo, obviously.

Anyhow, Tanjia Port monsters are harder than village. Also, Tanjia Port Includes G Rank, which have some new monsters like Green Plesioth, Stygian Zinogre, Silver Rathalos, etc, which are obviously stronger than High Rank and Low Rank.
Back to top Go down
Copain
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Any difference between soloing in village and the port?   Any difference between soloing in village and the port? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 10:18 pm

So the village cannot do g rank?
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Any difference between soloing in village and the port?   Any difference between soloing in village and the port? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 10:21 pm

Village mode ends at high rank, with Alatreon being the final boss for Village Mode. There is no G Rank in village.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Any difference between soloing in village and the port?   Any difference between soloing in village and the port? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 10:30 pm

Sai_ wrote:
If you are soloing only, multi-player Tanjia Port isn't a good option for you because from personal experience, monsters' health and attack are scaled properly to meet the demands of 4 players. I recommend you choose the solo Tanjia Port option since it was made for solo, obviously.

I thought that there was no difference between the single player and multiplayer ports when fighting monsters. Except that you can bring both of your minions when playing in the single player port.
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Any difference between soloing in village and the port?   Any difference between soloing in village and the port? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 10:31 pm

Could be, of course, this is all from person experience and I complete quests in the general time it takes me to complete them with 3 other people.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Any difference between soloing in village and the port?   Any difference between soloing in village and the port? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 11:21 pm

Sai_ wrote:
Could be, of course, this is all from person experience and I complete quests in the general time it takes me to complete them with 3 other people.

I don't know, but I seem to be able to do a quest faster with 3 other people than doing that exact same quest by myself. But that's just me.
Back to top Go down
s k i e s
Kelbi
s k i e s

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Any difference between soloing in village and the port?   Any difference between soloing in village and the port? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 1:56 am

Hopefully this clears up some confusion

Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Any difference between soloing in village and the port?   Any difference between soloing in village and the port? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 3:25 am

s k i e s wrote:

He fails pretty hard.

1. He doesn't know that G jaggi only has 2 hitzones
2. He hits different hitzones during the actual "tests"
3. Moga Chief straight out says that Port Tanzia is harder. Herpderp.
Back to top Go down
evahnulahm
Seltas
evahnulahm

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code: 0276-0576-8464
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Any difference between soloing in village and the port?   Any difference between soloing in village and the port? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 9:21 am

haruno wrote:
s k i e s wrote:

He fails pretty hard.

1. He doesn't know that G jaggi only has 2 hitzones
2. He hits different hitzones during the actual "tests"

While he didnt hit the exact same hitzones or have the same hits per se, i think it illustrates that solo port and multi port the monsters have the same HP, thus the only difference is that you have access to the same quests if you have no online option and can do online quests offline.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: Any difference between soloing in village and the port?   Any difference between soloing in village and the port? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 10:28 am

Online / guild hall / whatever non-village quests and monsters are always harder.

And take it from someone who solo'd the games prior to Tri, Soloing the online / guild hall versions feels rewarding if you can do it. Because not only did you take something very powerful out but you do become a much better hunter overall. Keep in mind though, if you solo not only will you often (at least at first) take nearly the entire duration of the quest for certain monsters, but upgrading everything will be slower.

However if you wish to be one of those Hunters that everyone just awes, take the solo path online and may you do good!
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Any difference between soloing in village and the port?   Any difference between soloing in village and the port? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 10:41 am

There is a good line to follow..

Village Low rank ---> Port Low ----> Village High -----> port High -----> Port G rank

This will probably be your best solo path whit visiting the port to do trades with Granny and if you get streetpasses doing hunter's for hire as well as Event quests as you get to them.

Doing this way will make your solo hunting a bit more smooth and give you a better path to follow allowing the difficulty level to rise more gradually in order.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Any difference between soloing in village and the port?   Any difference between soloing in village and the port? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 11:39 am

Village Quests = Moderate difficulty, Normal HP, Normal Damage Output, Low and High Rank Only (solo only)

Solo Port/ Multi Port = Increased difficulty, Increased HP, Increased Damage Output, Low/High/G-Rank/Arena/Challenege Quests (meant for 2 or more people)

Common MH knowledge.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Any difference between soloing in village and the port?   Any difference between soloing in village and the port? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 7:28 am

dcj91x wrote:
There is a good line to follow..

Village Low rank ---> Port Low ----> Village High -----> port High -----> Port G rank

This will probably be your best solo path whit visiting the port to do trades with Granny and if you get streetpasses doing hunter's for hire as well as Event quests as you get to them.

Doing this way will make your solo hunting a bit more smooth and give you a better path to follow allowing the difficulty level to rise more gradually in order.

Good luck
I personally go straight through village low and high rank and blaze through port low rank and half of port high rank.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Any difference between soloing in village and the port?   Any difference between soloing in village and the port? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 9:44 am

haruno wrote:

That thing right there just convinced me. Chief knows some stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
IBGenius
Rhenoplos
IBGenius

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Any difference between soloing in village and the port?   Any difference between soloing in village and the port? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 7:40 pm

I remember that in almost every Monster Hunter game the chief/elder will say that the guild/port is harder.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any difference between soloing in village and the port?   Any difference between soloing in village and the port? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any difference between soloing in village and the port?
Page 1 of 1