Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Alien: Isolation Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Alien: Isolation Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alien: Isolation

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

Alien: Isolation Empty
PostAlien: Isolation

Somehow previous knowledge of this upcoming game has eluded me and after the trailer and a few previews all I gotta say is:

Please please please please please PLEASE.....Do not be a failure like Aliens Colonial Marines....oh please baby....it looks so goddamn good and thrilling and I really want this to happen well. Considering it's another SEGA published title...if this game fails so closely after A:CM...it would likely kill the franchise for a good long time...which of course would then prompt FOX to go all retard mode and try to "remake" the classic films which have a legion of diehard and bloodthirsty fans (myself included considering I can pretty much quote the ENTIRE second movies special edition, line-for-line, and in addition to that have the complete scenes and accompanying music scores in my head).

So PLEASE DO NOT LET THIS GAME BE A FAILURE...I seriously want this, words cannot describe how hyped I was watching the trailers, previews, and everything else. I was about to go to sleep but now I'm quite literally bouncing up and down in excitement...and considering it's set as a horror game in mimic of the original horror film...what I saw sent a tingle and chill down my spine...and I'm usually one to scoff at horror games because of how un-scary I find them but this...oh man if this game is good as the hype promises (though I temper myself with the knowledge of what Aliens Colonial Marines hype did to everyone)....oh god I will fucking be blown away...
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Alien: Isolation :: Comments

dcj91x
Re: Alien: Isolation
Post Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:15 am by dcj91x
Knew about this for a while.. And kind of glad they are skipping the WiiU with it.

I do think they have no choice but to actually make up for Colonial Marines
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:58 pm by Phazon Xenomorph
Yeah but still...if this game actually succeeds....the games won't die off...if it fails though...we might not see another Alien / Aliens game (or even an AVP game) for many many years.
dcj91x
Post Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:52 am by dcj91x
Not sure about that.. I think we will see another game just not in this style. IMO though I get the whole FPS for Aliens and Predator.. There are a lot of other ways they could have done it as well.. Heck a point and click survival for aliens would be amazing, run for your life, avoid the drones and set off the bombs to destroy the base.

Or a predator game from the Predator side.. same with the aliens.. Didn't they have a Stratagy game also a while ago?

Really there is a lot that they could have done that would work and probably would have been better for the series and have been a better match than an FPS, my opinion of course. And they may not have screwed it up the first time around.

Seriously.. Alien: Colonial Mariens as a stratagy (Starcraft like) game. You could have the Military played by one group of players and the Aliens by another.. Or if they did a cross-over with Predator you'd have them as well and a 4th faction of merch's.
Tomderdepp
Post Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:35 pm by Tomderdepp
dcj91x wrote:
Not sure about that.. I think we will see another game just not in this style. IMO though I get the whole FPS for Aliens and Predator.. There are a lot of other ways they could have done it as well.. Heck a point and click survival for aliens would be amazing, run for your life, avoid the drones and set off the bombs to destroy the base.

Or a predator game from the Predator side.. same with the aliens.. Didn't they have a Stratagy game also a while ago?

Really there is a lot that they could have done that would work and probably would have been better for the series and have been a better match than an FPS, my opinion of course. And they may not have screwed it up the first time around.

they made it a FPS because every game that want's to be taken seriously by the majority of todays gamers has to be a shooter (or fifa)

game looks really great and intense
dcj91x
Post Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:54 pm by dcj91x
It has to be an FPS to be taken seriously... Say what now?

I think that's part of the problem, there is no originality in gaming. They mass produce every game as an FPS and you end up with.. well Aliens Colonial Marines. The mentality that EVERYTHING has to be a FPS or over violent is why there is basically no difference/variety in games anymore especally on the sony/micro systems. If you can't copy and paste the game it's not worth making. Heck most FPS' are the same Copy paste game with a different paint job!!!..

But I think you Might be onto something Tom: "Alien Football: Fifa of Destruction"
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:01 pm by Phazon Xenomorph
dcj91x wrote:

I think that's part of the problem, there is no originality in gaming. They mass produce every game as an FPS and you end up with.. well Aliens Colonial Marines. The mentality that EVERYTHING has to be a FPS or over violent is why there is basically no difference/variety in games anymore especally on the sony/micro systems. If you can't copy and paste the game it's not worth making. Heck most FPS' are the same Copy paste game with a different paint job!!!..

But I think you Might be onto something Tom: "Alien Football: Fifa of Destruction"

Your reason as to why Aliens Colonial Marines came out the way it was is incorrect. It's because Randy fucking Pitchford stole the $60 million and spent it elsewhere like say Borderlands/Borderlands 2 and a game that had 6+ years of development time + extensions didn't even get started until SEGA demanded they produce the product after such a long time so 9 months before release is when production / development began.

As an FPS games most Alien / AVP games have done extremely well. AVP 1 / Gold Edition was epic, AVP2 was beloved by pretty much all who played it (especially if you had the chance of AVP2's Multiplayer), AVP 2010 wasn't amazing but it still functioned good. There's even an older series that's "3d" but has you going down the same repeat corridors over and over that's an FPS.

FPS just suits the Genre very well because people love the idea of being in a 3d world first person, not knowing where the Xenos are.
Tomderdepp
Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:57 am by Tomderdepp
dcj91x wrote:

exactly my point. (except for the point with the football)

but i think we're getting a little off topic here
MHWF
Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:10 am by MHWF
There was a really good Alien pinball game back in the day.
Will
Post Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:52 am by Will
Nova wrote:
dcj91x wrote:

Your reason as to why Aliens Colonial Marines came out the way it was is incorrect. It's because Randy fucking Pitchford stole the $60 million and spent it elsewhere like say Borderlands/Borderlands 2 and a game that had 6+ years of development time + extensions didn't even get started until SEGA demanded they produce the product after such a long time so 9 months before release is when production / development began.

As an FPS games most Alien  / AVP games have done extremely well. AVP 1 / Gold Edition was epic, AVP2 was beloved by pretty much all who played it (especially if you had the chance of AVP2's Multiplayer), AVP 2010 wasn't amazing but it still functioned good. There's even an older series that's "3d" but has you going down the same repeat corridors over and over that's an FPS.

FPS just suits the Genre very well because people love the idea of being in a 3d world first person, not knowing where the Xenos are.
Sorry but can you cite a source on the thing about the $60 million being spent elsewhere? Because to my knowledge the problem was with them outsourcing it to a company that then in turn did a half assed job.
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:11 am by Phazon Xenomorph
It's assumed it was blown elsewhere as Aliens: CM was no where near a $60 million dollar game. The quality is obvious...also you can't start a game 9 months before release date, rush it, and then outsource it and pull it back and expect it to be polished nicely.
Post  by Sponsored content

Alien: Isolation

Page 1 of 1