Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Shovel Knight! Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Shovel Knight! Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shovel Knight!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

Shovel Knight! Empty
PostShovel Knight!

Shovel Knight is an indie platformer developed by Yacht Club Games. It first started out as a Kickstarter project that reached way beyond its additional goal. After its release date got pushed back several times, it's finally here! Shovel Knight is a combination of Mega Man, Duck Tales, and Castlevania. It also has elements from other games such as The Legend of Zelda II. Its music is also composed by Jake Kaufman (who does some of the WayForward games) and Manami Matsumae (who is most comonly known for composing the original MegaMan).

So was it worth the wait? I'd say a definite yes! I haven't played too much of it yet, but from the couple of levels I have played, I have had a blast. The game controls really well and this game can be quite challenging. It has plenty of secrets and hidden areas as well as nice abilities. The soundtrack is also amazing, bosses are fun and exciting, and the different areas you travel to look very nice. If you have a Wii U, 3DS, or Steam, I highly recommend you pick this up.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Shovel Knight! :: Comments

dcj91x
Re: Shovel Knight!
Post Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:33 am by dcj91x
Been looking at this game for a while as they worked on it. The final product looks way better than the original concept they had and the graphics are really nice. The 3D on the 3DS is layered well and easy on the eyes if you get that version, if you get any of the HD version it looks beautiful. Also the story is quite humorus.

Honestly, i think many of the INdie games have been a lot better and have been of higher quality and better price for what you are getting than many of the big name games lately.

Thanks for making the post Meta.
MetaMarx
Post Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:27 pm by MetaMarx
I finally got around to finishing this (because getting sick is dumb). Overall it's a really great game. There were only a few gimmicky part that I thought were okay, but they end pretty quickly. I strongly recommend this game to anyone who enjoyed the Megaman, Castlevania, or Duck Tales games. Even if you haven't played those, I highly recommend you get Shovel Knight. It's a real fun time.

Time to find the soundtrack. I hope it was released in some form or another.

e: IT'S NAME YOUR PRICE HOLY STERLING SILVER SHIT
Post  by Sponsored content

Shovel Knight!

Page 1 of 1