Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Splatoon Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Splatoon Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Splatoon

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

Splatoon Empty
PostSplatoon

First shown at E3 2014 for the WiiU Splatoon has garnered a lot of buzz from the shooter community from the hard core to the big time stratagy gamers and even the family friendly.

Pretty much unlike any Team shooter game released so far, splatoon pits "paintball" like colored teams against each other and challenges them to gain the most territory in the aloted time. With the ability to travel quickly through their own color in squid form and becom hindered while in another teams color the game adds a bit of stratagy. It also allows the players to hid within their own color and stalk enemy players.

Splatoon was considered one of the most anticipated games shown at E3 this year. It seems like a fresh take on the shooter formula that has been missing for a long time. After so many Halo look alikes, COD clones and so many other FPS that really offer nothing new (kill.. get killed.. kill get killed everything looks the same). Splatoon ofers a nice fresh coat of paint!
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Splatoon :: Comments

MetaMarx
Re: Splatoon
Post Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:46 pm by MetaMarx
No blood, mutilations, tits, real gun noises, brown colour scheme 0/10
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:14 am by Phazon Xenomorph
Too much of a kiddy game.
MetaMarx
Post Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:46 am by MetaMarx
It's not brown enough or ultra-violent enough to be an "adult" game amirite
MHWF
Post Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:58 am by MHWF
Nova wrote:

What makes a game "kiddy"? And why would that exclude it from being a good game?
MetaMarx
Post Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:42 am by MetaMarx
MHWF wrote:
Nova wrote:

What makes a game "kiddy"? And why would that exclude it from being a good game?

Because a unique artstyle, colour pallette, and gameplay somehow classify it as kiddy.

I think I've made my point in this thread, but I'm glad that this game is doing something completely different with shooters.

Oh wait... I can't say good things about this game since it isn't rated M. 0/10 garbage game
Tomderdepp
Post Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:26 am by Tomderdepp
you know Smash, Pokemon and Mario Kart are also Kiddy games, but still everyone loves them and they are also played at a competitive level

so why shouldn't there be a good competitive cartoony shooter?
dcj91x
Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:25 am by dcj91x
^ yup.. Some people just get fixated on violence though and forget they can have "fun" without the illusion of hurting others or the real world dipiction of others. Also they become over reliant on competativeness and forget games gan just be fun. No problem with competing but some just take it too far.

You mentioned Smash, there are those in the fighting game community that hate it and it's popularity, same with mariokart in the racing comunity. Both are probably the top games (or close to it) in those geres of games but because they are set up so "everyone" has the equal ability to play them so called hard core competers reject them. The same thing will likely happen by Nov.. Shooter sans with Splatoon even though it will get huge sales, be accesable to everyone and be played in big events. Those who consider themselves competative shooter fans will automatically post negative coments and not even give it a chance.

It happens all the time. But than again, those who are narrow minded will always stay with a brown colour pallet.

*hands Meta a brown box of crayola
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:15 pm by Phazon Xenomorph
Except your "Splatoon" is really just terrible, its more the sort of game a large family with kids would play at a family gathering, similar to the Mario Party games vs actually being anything worth serious playing. It's aimed solely at children and will have no real gamer appeal.
Oni Zelkami
Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:07 am by Oni Zelkami
Seems like a very lofty assumption to make without having actually played it. It is a MOBA-esque game, and we don't know all the gameplay variables. At the very least, it'll be a "baby's first" like Happy Wars.
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:21 am by Phazon Xenomorph
Oni Zelkami wrote:
Seems like a very lofty assumption to make without having actually played it. It is a MOBA-esque game, and we don't know all the gameplay variables. At the very least, it'll be a "baby's first" like Happy Wars.

I still say it looks a bit too kiddy to be taken seriously.
Oni Zelkami
Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:34 am by Oni Zelkami
Visual style doesn't matter much when gathering a following.

See this? Seems pretty silly, right? But go to a few fansites, forums, or the subreddit, and you'll see most of the discussion revolves around teamcrafting. It all depends on pretty basic math, but it's enough to spark conversation. You could reduce all the artwork to mere color coded blocks, and it'd still be the same game. If Splatoon had the visual style of Final Fantasy, and instead of cartoon squids, it was Dark Mages casting portal spells, would you "take it seriously"?
Tomderdepp
Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:49 am by Tomderdepp
you don't even have to go to puzzles and dragons, take Pokemon as an example: it's a game that goes with an anime that is aimed at 8-10 yearolds. but still millions of teenagers and adulds are seriously discussing what the best strategies are, how to mix your teams, how to train or breed the ideal pokemon,... and play it maybe even more competitive than some shooters

dcj91x
Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:01 am by dcj91x
Nova wrote:
Except your "Splatoon" is really just terrible, its more the sort of game a large family with kids would play at a family gathering, similar to the Mario Party games vs actually being anything worth serious playing. It's aimed solely at children and will have no real gamer appeal.

Still haven't explained what "kiddy" means or how that makes it a non-viable game.

So far all you are doing is complaining but not stating any actual reason why it can't be just as good if not better than any other shooter, your whole defense against it seems to fall back on it being, kiddie?.. seriously.. that's the best you got.

The game shows stratagy, team cooperation, nice weponry, good graphics and a wide appeal to many people and all you got is.. "It looks kiddie"..

Is that the only reason you can muster Nova or are you too yellow to come up with any other reason.

MetaMarx
Post Sat May 09, 2015 1:26 am by MetaMarx
I'm pretty shit at shooters, but Splatoon was very fun. Everyone seems to like the roller, but the sniper is my jam.

I'm intrested in buying, but 60 bucks is pretty steep.
Post Sat May 09, 2015 5:09 am by Guest
cant stand shooters so nope, doesn't matter what new skin they put on the people shooting guns or how you can move around the arena, i find shooters to be inherently aggravating when played over the internet due to lag. The same goes for fighting games. (Smash included)
MetaMarx
Post Sat May 09, 2015 8:15 pm by MetaMarx
Got significantly less connectiom errors today than yesterday. Sniper is still rad. Gyro controls are super rad
MHWF
Post Mon May 11, 2015 10:49 am by MHWF
I played the Friday night even (no chance Saturday). Mt connection was great and I had sever EU and JP players on some of my teams. All together I got 10/11 plays in so was able to go through each weapon at least twice. The Roller worked great and if you had a person on roller backed up by one with the splattershot it worked even better.

Overall just from the demo the game seems like it will be better than I had originally thought.
Oni Zelkami
Post Mon May 11, 2015 6:45 pm by Oni Zelkami
So it's actually good eh? I'm probably not going to get involved in this game, but I do like what Nintendo is trying to do with it, enough that I hope it does well.
MetaMarx
Post Sat May 23, 2015 7:30 pm by MetaMarx
This just in! Splatoon servers eat shit during final testfire!

Plz let me play Splatoon
MHWF
Post Tue May 26, 2015 11:12 am by MHWF
Meta.. The whole point of the "test fire" is so they could test the game and servers before actual release and work out any bugs. Nintendo even extended play for another hour once they got the kinks worked out and kept everyone updated on it through the MiiVerse and their website.

Just glad I was able to 6 or so matches in. Though the online was quite fun I think I will probably do the local and offline more. I get 60 extra missions with the 3 amiibo's they are releasing for it and some really cool outfits and items you can only get with the Amiibo's!
MetaMarx
Post Fri May 29, 2015 2:42 pm by MetaMarx
I got the splat. I also got the three pack. I also got the water gun. I only waited outside the store for 3 hours until it opened because my friend asked me to.

Splatoon is sooo good. Just give me all the sniper rifles and all the cute clothes
dcj91x
Post Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:24 am by dcj91x
took me to level 13 before I finally found a weapon and strategy that works for me. Also been working on the clothing skills and think I got that worked out. Biggest difficulty I have no is the late night battle with Japan players. Have no clue how I can sit there shooting a level 1 in the face and it do nothing while he barely touches me and I die (Please be advised this is most likely and exaggeration)
Post  by Sponsored content

Splatoon

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Things we do when not hunting :: Passing the time when not on MH :: Non-MH Games and Gaming-
Jump to: