Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Strongest Tigrex. Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Strongest Tigrex. Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Strongest Tigrex.

Go down 
+5
th8827
Phazon Xenomorph
E&Troy
Crystalis
N1GH7M4R3
9 posters
AuthorMessage
N1GH7M4R3
Rhenoplos
N1GH7M4R3

Thank you Points : 2

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

The Strongest Tigrex. Empty
PostSubject: The Strongest Tigrex.   The Strongest Tigrex. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 2:57 am

So, "The Azure King and the Tyrant" is a 9* Guild (G2) quest in which you fight an Azure Rathalos and a Tigrex.

Fun fact: the Tigrex can two-hit you with ANY defense. He has true damage out the arse.

What do?
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: The Strongest Tigrex.   The Strongest Tigrex. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 3:53 am

That's really really weird. The Tigrex did totally normal damage to me. What's your defense stat?
Back to top Go down
N1GH7M4R3
Rhenoplos
N1GH7M4R3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Strongest Tigrex.   The Strongest Tigrex. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 9:15 pm

Over 500 now.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: The Strongest Tigrex.   The Strongest Tigrex. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 11:38 pm

If you have the Regios X armor (like I do) fully upgraded + armor charms/talons, your defense will be around 650.
And if you use the Hermitaur weapons, you can also get another 50-60 defense from those, so you could still get quite a bit more defense. I'd imagine if you got enough armor spheres, you'll be able to take more than two hits from it.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: The Strongest Tigrex.   The Strongest Tigrex. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 12:43 am

E&Troy wrote:
If you have the Regios X armor (like I do) fully upgraded + armor charms/talons, your defense will be around 650.
And if you use the Hermitaur weapons, you can also get another 50-60 defense from those, so you could still get quite a bit more defense. I'd imagine if you got enough armor spheres, you'll be able to take more than two hits from it.

Don't forget honing a weapon for defense and eating for Defense food lol. Could be quite possible to break over 800 defense, especially if you manage to run a Defense Up (XL) set.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Strongest Tigrex.   The Strongest Tigrex. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 1:17 am

stop sucking, that's what do
Back to top Go down
N1GH7M4R3
Rhenoplos
N1GH7M4R3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Strongest Tigrex.   The Strongest Tigrex. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 3:11 am

Vortiene wrote:
stop sucking, that's what do

How quaint.
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

3DS friends code: 0533-4039-4608
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: The Strongest Tigrex.   The Strongest Tigrex. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 3:34 am

Maybe it was a Large "Gold Crown" Tigrex. Gold Crowns hit harder than normal ones.
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: The Strongest Tigrex.   The Strongest Tigrex. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 3:53 pm

While the rage is justified and expected, it really does just boil down to 'git gud' unfortunately. You'll get it in time maybe around the same time Khezu shuts the FUCK up
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Strongest Tigrex.   The Strongest Tigrex. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 8:41 pm

I saw a guy with a set with over 1000 def and he wasn't cheating, it's possible. Defense up XL, food skills, weapon with +... def, honing for Def. He was taking little to no damage lol

Normal endgame def stat should be around more/less 750. If you're using G rank set or mix with only G rank parts you should be able to achieve such value without any problem. Hovever there're some moves like Teo supernova, apex rajang thunder beam which will OHKO you no matter what def you have. That's why I always eat for moxie on lv140 GQ.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: The Strongest Tigrex.   The Strongest Tigrex. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 10:17 am

Antari18 wrote:
I saw a guy with a set with over 1000 def and he wasn't cheating, it's possible. Defense up XL, food skills, weapon with +... def, honing for Def. He was taking little to no damage lol

Normal endgame def stat should be around more/less 750. If you're using G rank set or mix with only G rank parts you should be able to achieve such value without any problem. Hovever there're some moves like Teo supernova, apex rajang thunder beam which will OHKO you no matter what def you have. That's why I always eat for moxie on lv140 GQ.

They will OHKO is you are not at red resistance for that particular element. Teo = Fire, Rajang = Lightning ect.

Those monsters telegraph long before the move goes out (at least 3 seconds), so if you are getting hit, you aren't paying attention. Some fights though... are a bit strong for certain weapon types. So it does boil down to getting good, even after learning monster moves.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: The Strongest Tigrex.   The Strongest Tigrex. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 10:21 am

Antari18 wrote:

What set is that? I'm mostly curious to look at what that was and try it out for lols.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: The Strongest Tigrex.   The Strongest Tigrex. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 11:23 pm

th8827 wrote:
Maybe it was a Large "Gold Crown" Tigrex. Gold Crowns hit harder than normal ones.
Has Monster Hunter ever did this change in attributes with different sized monsters?
I can't recall.
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

PostSubject: Re: The Strongest Tigrex.   The Strongest Tigrex. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 11:33 pm

I seem to remember it being a thing. The monsters that I fight that end up being Gold Crowns usually feel like they hit harder.

Maybe I'm just thinking of the "event" large monsters, though. like the giant Ivory Lagiacrus in MH3U or the World Eater Deviljho.

EDIT: I was thinking. The Food Skill "Felyne Weakener" says that monsters can spawn weaker than normal. That implies that monsters can also be stronger than normal sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Strongest Tigrex.   The Strongest Tigrex. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 9:37 pm

Sephastus wrote:
They will OHKO is you are not at red resistance for that particular element. Teo = Fire, Rajang = Lightning ect.

Those monsters telegraph long before the move goes out (at least 3 seconds), so if you are getting hit, you aren't paying attention. Some fights though... are a bit strong for certain weapon types. So it does boil down to getting good, even after learning monster moves.

Teostra Supernova is easy to predict if you're having an eye on clock. Despite that it shouldn't be underestimated, it's power is huge.

Apex Rajang does not "telegraph" anything. Especially OHKO moves. Thunder-beam in apex mode is OHKO no matter def or resistance. It's pattern is no easy to predict. Prease stop implying Apex Rajang is easy foe bacause you sound like you never face it and have really no idea what you talking about. Also please stop implying I'm not paying attention. K? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: The Strongest Tigrex.   The Strongest Tigrex. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 11:31 am

As far as I can recall, a larger sized monster only gave a small increase to its HP, not its face-melting strength. Could be wrong though, and it could've changed with 4U anyway
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

PostSubject: Re: The Strongest Tigrex.   The Strongest Tigrex. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 11:39 am

I remember fighting my first Frenzied Brachydios. The first time that I fought him, he carted me with his first punch. The second time that I tried fighting him, he barely took off 25% of my health with the same punch. He was frenzied both times, but the first one looked considerably bigger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Strongest Tigrex.   The Strongest Tigrex. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Strongest Tigrex.
Page 1 of 1