Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
[HELP] Guild Tigrex Urgent Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
[HELP] Guild Tigrex Urgent Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[HELP] Guild Tigrex Urgent

Go down 
+3
Yamatsu
xakis
Deridor
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

Thank you Points : 10

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

[HELP] Guild Tigrex Urgent Empty
PostSubject: [HELP] Guild Tigrex Urgent   [HELP] Guild Tigrex Urgent Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 2:07 am

I've been having trouble beating it. i get it down real low, tail gone, horn broken, erhaps even claws shattered, but i always die twice before i can make it limp(i made an oath to abandon after a second continue, to at least keep the few items i had before i started). I've been using a lance (and not planning to use anything else)

heres the setup i was using:

gatling lance+ 399 raw+160 fire (also, +16 defense)
ceanataur armor (all lvl 8, gemmed for normal defense, totaling 272)

10 potions
5-10 mega potions
shock trap
trap toolx2
genprey fangx2
flash bombx5
bomb materialx10
flashbugx10
armor seedx10
power seedx10
tranq bombs

any suggestions regarding armor and weapons? specifically lance or dual swords (crazy, i know)

id appreciate a good setup that doesnt involve elder dragons (especially teo/luna or shen gaoren)

im also stuck on gaoren, but ive only really tried once :P
Back to top Go down
xakis
Kelbi
xakis

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Guild Tigrex Urgent   [HELP] Guild Tigrex Urgent Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 6:53 am

Oh wait how you stuck on gaoren too if it comes after tigrex... i am confused...
Anyway i am not much of a lances fan, but i can give some tips... i think ;)
First how many times you try killing tigrex, you know it takes some time, i know it sux.
Well i gues the thing you need is mega juice ( Combine Well-Done Steak and Power Extract) for infinite blocking, and well i gues always aim for his head and block before tigrex does something and you should be fine. Cant say anything more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akiQO9YjKRc&feature=search
Here is some tutorial, yeh i know its gunlance, but its pretty the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V52gMpUs5sg&feature=related
And here is sweet tigrex head locking, but dont do this unless you have attack like 1k
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Guild Tigrex Urgent   [HELP] Guild Tigrex Urgent Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 7:29 am

Actually. the Long Sword works brilliant against Tigrex.
As does the bow.
Try to get either the Dragon Bow Halo or the Eager Cleaver long sword (Devil Slicer if you can).
Also, the only real hard thing about Tigrex is dodging his attacks.
With the bow that's usually not a problem.
Back to top Go down
sugar2shimmy
Melynx
sugar2shimmy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Guild Tigrex Urgent   [HELP] Guild Tigrex Urgent Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 12:52 pm

BOW IS A GREAT WAY TO GO! Although, if you want to try a lance or something else. try to stay behind his front two paws; less likely to be hit. However, be careful for when he swings his whole body around. If you want elemental damage, go with a thunder/lightning weapon. Fire doesn't do as much good as the thunder attribute does. anyways hope this helps some.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=1000006730807
Zeith
Aptonoth
Zeith

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Guild Tigrex Urgent   [HELP] Guild Tigrex Urgent Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 5:01 pm

you got a good weapon and good defense.. well, you don't really need the defense since you can block but having mega juice does have it's perks. look at it this way, tigrex always keeps on charging. why don't you find a wall and put your back against it? helps you keep tigrex in one spot and if he gets stuck, do some damage! all you need to do is wait until he decides to charge and keep on doing the same thing, block and attack! after all, blocking is one of your greatest attributes.. saves flashbangs and potions too!

let's say, there's no wall.. try mastering strafes and evades while doing nimble attacks. just be ready to guard and then attack if there's a chance. don't do a charge attack unless tigrex fumbles for maximum damage. if you have time, try upgrading one of the first lances on your item box, the bone lance. it will branch out to one of the powerful lances in the game- Darkness - using hornetaur materials and it has great sharpness with paralyze attribute- use abnormal status attack up and you're good to go. right- you can tackle most of the monsters in the game using that one.
Back to top Go down
Garzyan
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Guild Tigrex Urgent   [HELP] Guild Tigrex Urgent Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 7:40 am

Bowgun is what i find the easist way to kill him. find a LBG that can use thunder.
a armor with auto reload for faster and safer battle. then just walk i circles around him.
when he charges at you you easy avoid it just with keep going in circle and then shoot him once or twice when he pass you. stay on his left side. so go in circles counterclock wise. easy victory.. for more thunder shots bring along husk berries and flash bugs.. and some needleberry for more normal lvl2 shots^^
Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Guild Tigrex Urgent   [HELP] Guild Tigrex Urgent Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 11:26 am

Thanks. i took mats advice but used great hornfly saber. im working on getting to 7* guild quests. ash lao sounds easier than dual monoblos (nekoht 8* urgent). any tips on union ore? besides getting to the high rank volcano?

oh and what rank of lao gives the ruby?
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Guild Tigrex Urgent   [HELP] Guild Tigrex Urgent Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:56 pm

Deridor wrote:
Thanks. i took mats advice but used great hornfly saber. im working on getting to 7* guild quests. ash lao sounds easier than dual monoblos (nekoht 8* urgent). any tips on union ore? besides getting to the high rank volcano?

oh and what rank of lao gives the ruby?

You can get it from the 6* Urgent I think it is.
It's the one wheere you have to hunt Ashen Lao.
I got one on my first try. :DD
Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Guild Tigrex Urgent   [HELP] Guild Tigrex Urgent Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 7:27 pm

Can someone give me a quick path for devil slicer? i have iron katana "grace" if you wanna start from there ( im pretty sure its in that line right? eager cleaver is a classic so im pretty sure :3)
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Guild Tigrex Urgent   [HELP] Guild Tigrex Urgent Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 2:26 am

Deridor wrote:
Can someone give me a quick path for devil slicer? i have iron katana "grace" if you wanna start from there ( im pretty sure its in that line right? eager cleaver is a classic so im pretty sure :3)

upgrade the eager cleaver, you already knew what to do man =)

grace becomes gospel, gospel becomes eager cleaver which becomes Devil Slicer, Devil Slicer becomes True Devil Slicer which becomes Wailing Cleaver
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [HELP] Guild Tigrex Urgent   [HELP] Guild Tigrex Urgent Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[HELP] Guild Tigrex Urgent
Page 1 of 1