Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!


Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk
 
Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 
 

 New Unite player, suggest Blade/Gun armor set progression!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Remzuo
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: New Unite player, suggest Blade/Gun armor set progression!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:07 pm

Just like the title, brand new Unite player, been running DS (Insector lol) and doing only elder quests, and am looking at a good set of armor to progress further. Also, any amazing looking gear for the hell of it heh.

Notes:
Female Character
-Current Armorsets:
-Starter junk
-Battle (BM) upgraded to 3
-Melahoa (Dobiscus gather set)
MH3 player with above average H/LS/GS skills.
On 3*, finished both Daimyo quests. Only failed once on Khezu with his stupid rage-jumps.

What I'm looking for:
BM armorsets for DS use. Not averse to changing weapons either, Hammer's best.
Weapon paths to take. Only going Insector right now for the purple sharp at highrank, seemed easy enough.
Gunner sets for endgame and general use. Tend to use bowguns for insect farming or specific part farming.

Any help with any part of this would be welcome Yes by vort

Also, first post!
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin


Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: New Unite player, suggest Blade/Gun armor set progression!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:31 pm

First of all, even though the Insector weapon path HAS purple sharpness, it may fail you due to the below average attack. Nargacuga weapons are a better choice when they become avaidible.

Also, any armor set with Marathon Runner (or whatever it's called in MHFU) and/or Attack Up/Status Atk/Element Atk up will do.

To bypass the stamina loss of the DS without requiring the Marathon Runner (or whatever it's called) skill, just take a Mega Juice (cominbe Well-done Steak and Power Extract).

Even with stamina halved thanks to the Marathon Runner skill, it won't suffice in the end as your stamina will decrease, so I just suggest combining for Mega Juices.

EDIT: Element Atk up will be a good idea for element DS due to them only dealing 30% elemental damage of what is shown.
Back to top Go down
cadack1096
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 17

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: New Unite player, suggest Blade/Gun armor set progression!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:33 pm

Mat086 wrote:
First of all, even though the Insector weapon path HAS purple sharpness, it may fail you due to the below average attack. Nargacuga weapons are a better choice when they become avaidible.

Also, any armor set with Marathon Runner (or whatever it's called in MHFU) and/or Attack Up/Status Atk/Element Atk up will do.

To bypass the stamina loss of the DS without requiring the Marathon Runner (or whatever it's called) skill, just take a Mega Juice (cominbe Well-done Steak and Power Extract).

Even with stamina halved thanks to the Marathon Runner skill, it won't suffice in the end as your stamina will decrease, so I just suggest combining for Mega Juices.

EDIT: Element Atk up will be a good idea for element DS due to them only dealing 30% elemental damage of what is shown.
you also need to get the dark lance, me and my friend kill g rank plum d hermitars in 5 mins with it, you will love it after you use it, trust me!
Back to top Go down
Remzuo
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: New Unite player, suggest Blade/Gun armor set progression!   Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:27 pm

@cadack1096 wrote:
you also need to get the dark lance, me and my friend kill g rank plum d hermitars in 5 mins with it, you will love it after you use it, trust me!
Thanks! Will do.
Back to top Go down
sugar2shimmy
Melynx


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: New Unite player, suggest Blade/Gun armor set progression!   Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:31 pm

You also might wanna try the Quick Eating skill. itll help for when you gotta move fast. Also, Welcome to Unite ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=1000006730807
cadack1096
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 17

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: New Unite player, suggest Blade/Gun armor set progression!   Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:54 pm

@sugar2shimmy wrote:
You also might wanna try the Quick Eating skill. itll help for when you gotta move fast. Also, Welcome to Unite ^_^
Quick eating and speed setup if you like traps, I had a hard tme parting from my S rank tigrex armor *sniff*
Back to top Go down
sugar2shimmy
Melynx


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: New Unite player, suggest Blade/Gun armor set progression!   Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:08 pm

@cadack1096 wrote:
@sugar2shimmy wrote:
You also might wanna try the Quick Eating skill. itll help for when you gotta move fast. Also, Welcome to Unite ^_^
Quick eating and speed setup if you like traps, I had a hard tme parting from my S rank tigrex armor *sniff*
But i bet you like Tigrex X. or if you haven't gotten that far. You will enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=1000006730807
Crazy587
Popo


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: New Unite player, suggest Blade/Gun armor set progression!   Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:55 am

I also would like to know if tranq guru is really worth it since i cant seem to get the rathian thorn XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/ladekhan014?feature=mhum
Yamatsu
Admin


Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: New Unite player, suggest Blade/Gun armor set progression!   Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:35 pm

@Crazy587 wrote:
I also would like to know if tranq guru is really worth it since i cant seem to get the rathian thorn XD

UMAD BRO?!

Tranq Guru is a GODSEND!

Honestly, it can make some quests WAY quicker.

No joke. :D
Back to top Go down
sugar2shimmy
Melynx


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: New Unite player, suggest Blade/Gun armor set progression!   Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:26 pm

Mat086 wrote:
@Crazy587 wrote:
I also would like to know if tranq guru is really worth it since i cant seem to get the rathian thorn XD

UMAD BRO?!

Tranq Guru is a GODSEND!

Honestly, it can make some quests WAY quicker.

No joke. :D

IT IS DEFINATELY WORTH GETTING
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=1000006730807
Crazy587
Popo


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: New Unite player, suggest Blade/Gun armor set progression!   Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:00 am

The quest time was not the issue it was just if the reward increase is even that significant
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/ladekhan014?feature=mhum
Remzuo
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: New Unite player, suggest Blade/Gun armor set progression!   Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:31 pm

UPDATE!

Running with my favorite, the hammer! Got a Crystal Nova, poor Shogun gettin destroyed in under 3 minutes heh. Working on his armorset, missing the Artisan jewel (what's its required materials?) Edit: FFFF MONO HEARTS.

Not really sure what I'm going to do with my DS sets, maracas and insector. Probably just leave them for the time being.

Secondary hammer is the Iron Impact+ or whatev, looking to boost that as far as I can go at some point. Keeping in mind that I'm on Shogun, and have yet to fight Basarios, what weapons/armors should I be aiming for in the next short while?
Back to top Go down
Tally
Khezu


Thank you Points : 57

PostSubject: Re: New Unite player, suggest Blade/Gun armor set progression!   Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:03 am

You should definitely consider getting the Ceanataur set when it's available. It's especially handy for dual swords, which eat through sharpness like wet paper.

Ceanataur (low-rank) set, by the way, is...

Speed Sharpening
Razor Sharp
Defense-10 (or is it -20)
Partial progress towards Sharpness+1 (5/10 points)
Back to top Go down
Remzuo
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: New Unite player, suggest Blade/Gun armor set progression!   Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:28 am

@Tally wrote:
You should definitely consider getting the Ceanataur set when it's available. It's especially handy for dual swords, which eat through sharpness like wet paper.

Ceanataur (low-rank) set, by the way, is...

Speed Sharpening
Razor Sharp
Defense-10 (or is it -20)
Partial progress towards Sharpness+1 (5/10 points)
Ceanataur set complete, pincer dropped on 4th capture.
7 slots including current weapon slot, but getting 5 Monoblos hearts for the artisan+5 probably isn't going to happen, not with a 2-4% drop rate Sad by vort

Probably going to gem out the def loss (-20) and put in some other 5-piece skill like Heat/Cold Res
Back to top Go down
Tally
Khezu


Thank you Points : 57

PostSubject: Re: New Unite player, suggest Blade/Gun armor set progression!   Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:40 am

Yeah, getting that many monoblos hearts isn't going to happen until high-rank at least. It's still possible to gem in a decent 5-slot skill, though, like Trapmaster or such. Gemming out the defense penalty is ideal, but not entirely necessary. Enjoy your set, though! (I still can't put it down for anything but lance and bow(gun))
Back to top Go down
Remzuo
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: New Unite player, suggest Blade/Gun armor set progression!   Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:57 am

@Tally wrote:
Yeah, getting that many monoblos hearts isn't going to happen until high-rank at least. It's still possible to gem in a decent 5-slot skill, though, like Trapmaster or such. Gemming out the defense penalty is ideal, but not entirely necessary. Enjoy your set, though! (I still can't put it down for anything but lance and bow(gun))
I was thinking of making a bowgunner Ceanataur set as well, Pierce up and add? propro.

Although the only RF pierce i can make at the moment is the Congalala one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: New Unite player, suggest Blade/Gun armor set progression!   Today at 1:09 am

Back to top Go down
 
New Unite player, suggest Blade/Gun armor set progression!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» New Unite player, suggest Blade/Gun armor set progression!
» Need help Jeweling : Golden Shin Armor (blade)
» Troubling Tigrex
» Dragon Age Origins Mods
» Dual Blades: Mass Attack Armor Set?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Sony :: Playstation :: PSP/Vita (Western releases)-
Jump to: