Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Gears Of war 1&2&3 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Gears Of war 1&2&3 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gears Of war 1&2&3

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fox
Kelbi
Fox

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Gears Of war 1&2&3 Empty
PostGears Of war 1&2&3

just wondering if anywon here likes gears of war..... it would be fun to talk about it :pirat:
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Gears Of war 1&2&3 :: Comments

zeelilus
Re: Gears Of war 1&2&3
Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:28 pm by zeelilus
I've played it...don't have any of them though...
Jojozityjo
Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:38 pm by Jojozityjo
ive played one and two, love them. Hate berserkers and the locusts. Though no locus will stop me from my shotgun in the dark ... i want my boomstick lol
zeelilus
Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:02 pm by zeelilus
Lol,I just remembered how great the shotgun is...now I wanna play it >.<
Jojozityjo
Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:25 pm by Jojozityjo
i absolutely loved my boom stick lol

i accidentally dropped into the dark, where the locusts swarm and kill you, nasty bugs. I just stood there with my buddy. "i want my boomstick .."

hes like "Just forget man, you can get another gun."

me "I want my boom stick ..."

him "Dude just ..."

next thing im diving into the dark and diving out feinted. He revived me and i stood tall with my boom stick :cheers:

lol
zeelilus
Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:45 pm by zeelilus
Nice,I just wait for them to rush my cover and then blindfire them in the face...my teamate is usually sniping so I kinda just watch his back...and use magnums for headshots...love that game
Jojozityjo
Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:48 pm by Jojozityjo
i loved how in the 2nd one, they added the ability to pick up the body of one of the bad guys, and use it as a literal meat shield, i thought that was beautiful XD
zeelilus
Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:39 pm by zeelilus
Yeah,once me and my friend just kept downing them and using them as shields,down another one,snap the old shields neck and pick up another one XD
Jojozityjo
Post Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:47 pm by Jojozityjo
that was a great way to advance forward bwahaha!

also didnt 2 have some kind of mech or behemoth bad guy you could drive?
zeelilus
Post Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:12 pm by zeelilus
Yeah,forget what it was called,but it had a giant railgun on its back and I always found its levels hard... :/
Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:48 am by Guest
I dont see why many people would like gears of war that much after seeing through the mesh of covering up crappy gameplay with stereotypical manliness and gore. Honestly, you'd think every game that has an enemy called the "berserker" which is just some huge version of the normal enemies would stop being bought by Call of Duty bandwagoners by now.

Well, at least it isn't Call of Duty, I'll give you that.
Oni Zelkami
Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:17 am by Oni Zelkami
Agreed. Every other shooter out there is just a souless or imagineless cash in. FPS are the next fighters. They'll shrivel up eventually in the wake of some new genre, and then possibly make a glorious comeback. For now, pretty much all are just stereotypical and bland. I've said it a thousand times, Metroid Prime is likely the only FPS that I find any good.
Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:53 pm by Guest
Shin Zelkami wrote:
Agreed. Every other shooter out there is just a souless or imagineless cash in. FPS are the next fighters. They'll shrivel up eventually in the wake of some new genre, and then possibly make a glorious comeback. For now, pretty much all are just stereotypical and bland. I've said it a thousand times, Metroid Prime is likely the only FPS that I find any good.

i personally have a great time playing tactical shooters. frantic shooters like call of duty and gears of war are based on who see each other first. games like battlefield bad company have a lot of tactical movements and demand squad teamwork, an element that makes shooters A LOT more fair, and less based on luck rather than skill. I fucking HATE going on call of duty, shooting a person for 10 minutes, then getting 1 shot from them and collapsing. Then it shows the killcam and THEY shot me for 10 minutes and i just ran around in circles. That's what you call BAD PING, learn to network program you shitty call of duty programmers! Especially for a game that is highly dependent on timing! Anyhow, battlefield can be a lot of fun because the maps are very large, providing an actual use for sniper rifles, unlike in call of duty (fucking useless), and it is nigh on impossible to experience a spawn-flank, so every time you spawn there is someone behind you to rape your ass. (Call of duty)

about fighters, i find them very unrewarding to play. The only ones I like are MUGEN, because of the customizability, and the Soul Calibur series, because of the innovative system they have.
Jojozityjo
Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:45 pm by Jojozityjo
zeelilus wrote:
Yeah,forget what it was called,but it had a giant railgun on its back and I always found its levels hard... :/

i rocked that level, put me in a mech or some giant mobile thing of power and ill pwn everything lol

as for gameplay, i thought it was awesome, for a fighting, shoot'em-up game. The story was fine, though i thought it was kinda mimicking halo and quake to an extent. Generally though, any type of shoot-em up where you get to play different levels, different guns, and bad guys, is fun.

Some people just like to be able to go into a game, guns blazing, and taking out loads of bad guys. For some it can be a good stress release.

Also i notice a lot of people rely heavily on graphics for gaming. I've known people to play crappy games just because the graphics were elite. Me, i dont care, my imagination can cover that for me if i need it, long as i have fun.
Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:46 pm by Guest
The only game i think is worth playing because of graphics alone is crisis 2. Just for the "holy shit" factor.
Jojozityjo
Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:47 pm by Jojozityjo
hmm ... never seen that, ill have to look to find this holy shit factor now lol
Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:48 pm by Guest
You won't be able to run it. It's a PC game...ridiculously high graphics requirements, so unless your computer was made this year and has one of the best graphics cards...you wont get a nice framerate. That's crysis for ya.
Oni Zelkami
Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:49 pm by Oni Zelkami
You essentially need to buy a brand new super computer with no other data on it to have it run properly.
Jojozityjo
Post Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:43 pm by Jojozityjo
people like rubbing good stuff in poor peoples faces ...

but yeah, i just generally wanted to see pictures so i looked it up lol
nyuu
Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:08 am by nyuu
I love Carmine! xD

Best character[s] ever!

I get so sad when he dies. No by Vort
Jojozityjo
Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:14 pm by Jojozityjo
wasnt carmine the chieftain guy who survived the most impossible things but eventually took his own life after being tortured by the enemy?
nyuu
Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:43 am by nyuu
Jojozityjo wrote:
wasnt carmine the chieftain guy who survived the most impossible things but eventually took his own life after being tortured by the enemy?

Wasn't that the Hawaiian guy? ;P
Tai.

Carmine is the one that got sniped in the first game.
Then eaten in the second game.
[They were brothers.]
Jojozityjo
Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:49 pm by Jojozityjo
nyuu wrote:
Jojozityjo wrote:

Wasn't that the Hawaiian guy? ;P
Tai.

Carmine is the one that got sniped in the first game.
Then eaten in the second game.
[They were brothers.]

oh those two, okay now i know them XD
Post  by Sponsored content

Gears Of war 1&2&3

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Things we do when not hunting :: Passing the time when not on MH :: Non-MH Games and Gaming-
Jump to: