Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
God(s) Eater Burst  Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
God(s) Eater Burst  Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

God(s) Eater Burst

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Crimson_Mars
Kelbi
Crimson_Mars

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

God(s) Eater Burst  Empty
PostGod(s) Eater Burst

I saw the reviews and even bought this game for about a month now. For those who don't know, God Eater Burst is a game that is very similar to Monster Hunter. Only a few differences:

• The game actually has a story. Pretty decent one too.
  • You'll primary be using a "God Arc" which is basically a sword that transforms into a gun.
  • If you run out of ammo, you can regain it by using your melee form.
  • You can have three AI companions (which are very smart, compared to Cha-cha >_>; ) but can hinder you with friendly fire.
  • You can jump via the X button.
  • You salvage dead monsters by "devouring" them. (Best thing ever <3)

Only two things bother me about the game. It could get repetitive after a while. The story is rather long and you'll be fighting the same monsters over and over. And they add an "s" at the end of god in the international release. I ask you, does it make sense to you?

I'm just wondering how the Monster Hunter community feels about this game. I personally love it. :D
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

God(s) Eater Burst :: Comments

Grapefruit
Re: God(s) Eater Burst
Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:12 pm by Grapefruit
I've never heard of it lol. Sounds interesting though. I may have to pick it up. Oh wait... What system is it for?
Oni Zelkami
Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:41 pm by Oni Zelkami
Hmm... Never heard of this.
Wikipedia AWAY!

EDIT: Based on the cover, I'd say it's more ripoff than similar.
Crimson Blade
Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:28 pm by Crimson Blade
lol the cover is basically the MH3 cover mirrored :P
nyuu
Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:40 pm by nyuu
The cover monster definitely looks like a retarded white narga with a rathalos nose.
Crimson Blade
Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:26 pm by Crimson Blade
But hey, I guess I'll give it a try, it looks like a really fun game. Also, monster hunter DOES have a story, a good one too.
Oni Zelkami
Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:19 am by Oni Zelkami
Not really. Usually, it's just: Something bad happens then hunter goes to place to fix shit then thought blur then super bad shit happens then win.
nyuu
Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:24 am by nyuu
I looked up this game. Looks like Monster Hunter, with Persona graphics. :3 I might get it once I buy a new PSP. :D [Need to buy a new one for MHP3rd anyways.
Crimson_Mars
Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:12 am by Crimson_Mars
Grapefruit wrote:
I've never heard of it lol. Sounds interesting though. I may have to pick it up. Oh wait... What system is it for?

PSP.

Shin Zelkami wrote:

EDIT: Based on the cover, I'd say it's more ripoff than similar.

The game gets that a lot. :/
Grapefruit
Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:15 pm by Grapefruit
Ah, bah. I only have a wii.
Rainbow Haruka
Post Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:57 am by Rainbow Haruka
First things first.

EPIC ANIME OPENING FTW!

Secondly while this game does have alot of similarities to Monster Hunter, It also has enough unique ideas of its own to warrent standing out from the usual 'rip-offs'.

Thirdly I just like the fact that its alot more fast paced then Monster Hunter, it fits better to a hand-held console.
Post Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:46 am by Kane
I had no idea this was out! I downloaded the Japanese demo and could not get very far. Language was a massive barrier. Will definitely pick this up.
yvz
Post Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:05 am by yvz
I bought this gaem when it caem out.
It's okay, teh monster battle is a bit repetitive though O.o;
Story is decent ^_^b
Pretty similar to Munnstaaah Huunntaaaaah >_<'
You can create your own bullet and test tehm out :D
uhh

Where's mah apple pie?
>.>;
Arakune
Post Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:29 am by Arakune
Waaah waah repetitive waah waah.
>Giadrome
>Velocidrome
>Iodrome

>Rathian
>Pink Rathian
>Gold Rathian

Stop saying false things. At least God Eater tries to give them different looks.
Also, Crimson Mark, you are living on Earth, don't you? Don't you know that GOD EATER could be offensive? At least with GodS they don't have to worry.

lol at people calling Hannibal a narga ripoff.
....because it's kinda true ._.
Fierro
Post Sat May 14, 2011 8:53 am by Fierro
i have reached rank nine difficulty and have to say that some of the aragami are very well made.. i really enjoyed/hated dyaus pita. it looks amazing and it can be a real challenge when trying to solo it. so far i have enjoyed this game a bit over portable third for the simple fact that i can actually understand it. that and bullet crafting make this game seem above average really.
Chips
Post Sat May 14, 2011 9:33 am by Chips
I've seen the Anime (commercials of it) and it seems cool

I played it.... I hate it....

It's like Monster Hunter + Kingdom Hearts (Gameplay/Control-wise)

It's basically a bash'em up game without the technical timing and challenge(?) of Monster Hunter but with the fluid movement of Kingdom Hearts. Imo.

Also has the same camera typing as MH =/....
Arakune
Post Sat May 14, 2011 3:18 pm by Arakune
I don't think that someone who doesn't hate Dyaus Pita exist.
Excarius
Post Sun May 15, 2011 3:03 pm by Excarius
seeing how similar the two are and with Capcoms love for cross-overs (MvC, TvC, NvC, etc. And the solid snake armor and various other fun things in MHP3rd, AND Peace walker) I cant help but think capcom wants to do something with this one too...

Or it could just be me.

Game looks fun though.
Arakune
Post Sun May 15, 2011 7:23 pm by Arakune
Chips wrote:
I've seen the Anime (commercials of it) and it seems cool

I played it.... I hate it....

It's like Monster Hunter + Kingdom Hearts (Gameplay/Control-wise)

It's basically a bash'em up game without the technical timing and challenge(?) of Monster Hunter but with the fluid movement of Kingdom Hearts. Imo.

Also has the same camera typing as MH =/....
Lol sorry, just saw now this part of your post.
Kurtz
Post Mon May 16, 2011 9:56 am by Kurtz
DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

EDIT: Looks pretty good ^^ but i was waiting for some user reviews before getting it
@Chips: isn't it alil unfair to compare it to MH??? ^^;
Phaaze
Post Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:30 am by Phaaze
I got this just recently and have beaten both the original and burst storylines and I have to say I really like it.

IT's similar to monster hunter in the sense it has the hunting formula. Take big sword, go out kill large monster for bits to make new weapon to go kill bigger monster etc. etc.

It is a bit different though. Mainly because it has an actual plot (tri was the only monster hunter with anything resembling a story and not just reasons why you are hunting x monster) that becomes it's most epic at the end of burst.

The monsters are all really cool in design and while the fights against them are extraordinarily easy, I actually think that might have more to do with having played monster hunter before this. I'm used to figuring out patterns in attacks and learning when to dodge through them or to block them.

Monster hunter isn't a series you can jump into right away and expect to be good at. It takes time and patience that a lot of people will give up on because they don't like challenging games. I'm not saying this game isn't challenging either, but it definitely has a smoother difficulty curve then monster hunter does.

The pace is MUCH quicker as well. Luckily there are challenge missions to do after the game is over so it's not like you stop playing.

Regardless, I am going to be getting the second game if it comes out here.

Like Terraria to Minecraft, I think Gods Eater is another game in the genre that is Monster Hunting.
SiaoSiao
Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:17 am by SiaoSiao
I personally dont like those game that had a story.I really like monster hunter coz they dont had story and you can do whats ever u want like killing yian garuga 100times or anything.Bt in story type you cant coz once you complete chapter 1 then u cant go back and spam the mobs.
bt i m wrong this game was epic like mh..really like it after watching the video on you-tube..ma called my dad to buy one for me if he's going to japan.
Arakune
Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:10 am by Arakune
I don't get it, why should your dad buy you GEB in Japan when you can buy it at your local game store?

Or maybe i misunderstood your phrase and you meant a completely different thing.
Post  by Sponsored content

God(s) Eater Burst

Page 1 of 1