Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping

Go down 
+5
Eddy
Yamatsu
Phazon Xenomorph
haruno
RobertMuldoon
9 posters
AuthorMessage
RobertMuldoon
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping Empty
PostSubject: Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping   Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 1:21 am

I was fighting the first high rank Rathalos in the Guild Hall and I wasnt going to win the quest. I just wanted to see how well I could do on an off with flash bombs. I even brough one Pitfall trap which I was doing great. Then at the end I had like 17 minutes left and the Rathalos was still limping and even when it was still in the cave area for it rest, it still wouldnt die.

Should I have brought tranq bombs and a shock trap next time to capture it or what?
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping   Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 2:35 am

Kills are preferred over capturing if you want the common items like scales while capturing is for the rarer items like plates/rubies/heavenlies. If you really want the quest to end faster i suggest just capturing a monster.

For rathalos i wouldn't advise flash spamming since yes it does make it easier but you dont learn how to fight him at all :X. But then again you could just use a hammer and beat the hell out of rathalos since hammer + los = dead. Ultimately it's really your choice.
Back to top Go down
RobertMuldoon
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping   Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 3:54 am

Well you think flash bombs are bad when going up against a Rathalos or any other bigger monster in the game.

I always bring flash bombs to help me with the Rathian and Rathalos.

It's just that it was my first time doing the first High rank guild hall Rathalos and that one is a tough SOB. Even at 16-17 minutes left and when he was limping he still wouldnt die. Like I said, next time I try that quest out I'll bring a few tranq bombs. I dont care if it should be killed or captured or whatever. Just need to clear that quest along with a couple of other ones like the Red Khezu and Green Plesioth to unlock the 2 Tigrex Urgent which is scary LOL.

What I should have done was after slicing off the high rank rathalos's tail I should've just had him knock me out 3 times to end the quest so I can unlock the high rank type of Rathalos armor
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping   Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 3:57 am

RobertMuldoon wrote:
Well you think flash bombs are bad when going up against a Rathalos or any other bigger monster in the game.

I always bring flash bombs to help me with the Rathian and Rathalos.

It's just that it was my first time doing the first High rank guild hall Rathalos and that one is a tough SOB. Even at 16-17 minutes left and when he was limping he still wouldnt die. Like I said, next time I try that quest out I'll bring a few tranq bombs. I dont care if it should be killed or captured or whatever. Just need to clear that quest along with a couple of other ones like the Red Khezu and Green Plesioth to unlock the 2 Tigrex Urgent which is scary LOL.

What I should have done was after slicing off the high rank rathalos's tail I should've just had him knock me out 3 times to end the quest so I can unlock the high rank type of Rathalos armor

Hehe High Rank Green Plessy will REALLY frustrate you.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping   Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 12:50 pm

Nova wrote:

Hehe High Rank Green Plessy will REALLY frustrate you.
This. He took me 35 minutes to kill with Golden Falchion. >.>
Narga takes me less than 15 with it.
Back to top Go down
RobertMuldoon
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping   Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 7:11 pm

Well just 45 minutes ago I did the Red Khezu in high rank since its requires for part of the unlocking the 2 Tigrex Urgent. I had the Frost Ripper and Garuga armor with the Garuga S torso part worn. Had to bring item combos to make backup potions and mega potiions. I used up one ancient potion and one max potion and had some farcaster materials to take a break every minute or so.

One down. 3 more to go to unlock the 2 Tigrex Urgent.

I still have the 2 Blangonga quest(yeesh LOL), Rathalos which is evil indeed, and Green Plesioth which I have to stock up on sonic bomb stuff again and whatever else.

Since I'm still on the subject of the High rank rathalos, even if I dont succeed in killing it, I'm just gonna cut off the damn tail collect whatever rathalos + material and get knocked out 3 times so I can unlock whatever high rank rathalos armor gets unlocked
Back to top Go down
Eddy
Seltas Queen
Eddy

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd

PostSubject: Re: Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping   Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 9:39 pm

haruno wrote:
Kills are preferred over capturing if you want the common items like scales while capturing is for the rarer items like plates/rubies/heavenlies. If you really want the quest to end faster i suggest just capturing a monster.

For rathalos i wouldn't advise flash spamming since yes it does make it easier but you dont learn how to fight him at all :X. But then again you could just use a hammer and beat the hell out of rathalos since hammer + los = dead. Ultimately it's really your choice.

i have to disagree with u on this. I usually get a lot of common items with capping, while the killing it gets me 3 carves which they might not b wat i want. Cap the monster for common and rare items.
Back to top Go down
RobertMuldoon
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping   Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 1:06 am

yeah capturing a monster seems to give you some better materials for rewards in a way.

I'm still planning on at least capturing that darn high rank rathalos where its still limping around at 16-17 minutes left on the clock
Back to top Go down
RobertMuldoon
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping   Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 4:32 am

I just thought of something since I might try the high rank rathalos again pretty good. Would dual swords work good on the rathalos?
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping   Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 5:30 am

RobertMuldoon wrote:
I just thought of something since I might try the high rank rathalos again pretty good. Would dual swords work good on the rathalos?

Hammer = Pwnage on los / ian
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping   Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 12:35 pm

Nova wrote:
RobertMuldoon wrote:

Hammer = Pwnage on los / ian
Yup. Also Hunting Horn.
Back to top Go down
Crazy587
Popo
Crazy587

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping   Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:32 pm

I always thought that capturing was for common items too since carving gives you a chance to carve a rare item.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ladekhan014?feature=mhum
RobertMuldoon
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping   Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 1:50 am

Well today I didnt get to have a rematch against the high rank rathalos but i did kill my first high rank Rathian that included a Velocidrome. It was easier than what I was expecting. With a Velocidrome I was expecing the quest to be a bit difficult but the Rathian turned out pretty easy. I even brought a shock trap and one pitfall trap.

Didnt get a Rathian ruby though after cutting off the tail but oh well I can always try the quest again.

I did unlock the Rathian S armor but the helmet and gauntlets and leggings only showed up. What the heck? LOL.

What high rank Rathian materials do I need to be able to unlock the Rathian S torso armor anyway?
Back to top Go down
tigrexavenger4va
Kelbi
tigrexavenger4va

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping   Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 9:52 am

Actually this high rank rathalos always making me dumb because after 20 minutes he goes to area 5 and sleeps I thought he's weak but when I try to capture it my tranq bombs have no effect I was shock at that time coz I thought when monster is already sleeping it may be weak and easy to capture
Back to top Go down
RobertMuldoon
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping   Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 12:04 pm

Its funny that the first High Rank Rathian is easier than the Rathalos. The Rathalos just boggles me mind where he/it was still limping around at 16 minutes left where I had enough time with the Rathian. Maybe its because that I had a shock trap and a pitfall trap to help with fighting the Rathian
Back to top Go down
Destro
Kelbi
Destro

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping   Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 3:33 pm

If you have it, use Narga's gs. trap the high rank swamp one and u should get about two Brainstem. I do usually its the easier way over going after the Hr 8 one...
On that perticular Rathalos when i was high rank still (Now im Hr9, pwned the shit out of uka) II'm pretty sure i used a lance actually. lol cant rem which 1 lol i'll remember l8r i kno it
Back to top Go down
niceguy
Kelbi

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping   Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 7:40 am

The ice GS Golden Serpentblade was what I used on my first High Rank Rathalos. It should be easy, just deal full charges every time Rathalos flies. Everytime. Stay close to the shadow whenever it flies and you won't have to worry about it's attacks. Get the timing right and aim for the head if you can. When it's at ground, you can hit and run or charge at the head when it does the fireball. When it enters rage mode, just avoid it.

You should be done in about 20 minutes Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping   Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fighiting the first High Rank Rathalos - it still keeps on ticking even when limping
Page 1 of 1