Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Wiki needs more depth? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Wiki needs more depth? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wiki needs more depth?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mrbuckethat
Kelbi
mrbuckethat

Thank you Points : 0

Wiki needs more depth? Empty
PostSubject: Wiki needs more depth?   Wiki needs more depth? Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 2:25 pm

Hello,

I'm new here, on the wiki and on Monster hunter itself.

I've noticed that for the first game, there doesn't seem to be a large amount of information on the wiki.

I'm playing through it at the moment, so I can add more info to the wiki if necessary, but I was just wondering if the reason there is less info on the first Monster hunter is because most of the features in it carried onto the later games? If this is the case, how much has changed? What has been added, what has been taken away?

I've only played up to the three star quests so far (Hell of a difficulty spike), but I am very interested in it. It would be a perfect game for me, except for the camera controls, which I'm sure are the most common complaint about the game.
Back to top Go down
http://codofwisdom.wordpress.com
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

Thank you Points : 160

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 3754-8725-9197
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Wiki needs more depth?   Wiki needs more depth? Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 9:54 am

for the 1st MH it was pretty much not advertised at all. You had to be lucky and good at finding random interesting crap on the net. So when MH 1st came out, wiki wasnt AS BIG as it is now and MH didnt get much attention to be sponsored or showed on the wiki.

However i remember, years ago when i got the game, i did find some useful info on the web, none of it, from the wiki. I found it from places like GameFAQs. I even saved some of it to my computer so i didnt need internet access to go look at it lol

But a bit has changed. It's still basic, take a quest, go out the path, load up map, hunt said thing. That, has not changed at all really. However in later games, they did add stuff like a farm to get materials more easily. Where in MH1, you had to go on quests and you could only get as much as you could carry.

Aside from that, later MH games included companions. Most of which were felyne companions, cept in Tri, it was chacha. In MH1, you have no companion.

There is also a few game statistics that have changed, like how much dmg this swing on that weapon will do, how much dmg this bomb does when the monster is asleep vs awake. Some minor stuff like that you cant really notice.

Although, there was one thing MH1 had better than other. The Veggie Elder. In MH1, you could trade items with him for some very nice stuff. For example, purely through the Veggie Elders in the different maps, i was able to make a FULL SET of plesioth armor before i even got to the Quest lvl levels that Plesioth was even on. So i got armor from a monster in high levels while still on the lower levels. Now? You get crap from him, only things is like, rations, herbs, cool/hot drinks, psychosyrum, crap like that.
Back to top Go down
mrbuckethat
Kelbi
mrbuckethat

PostSubject: Re: Wiki needs more depth?   Wiki needs more depth? Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 5:25 pm

Quote :

Although, there was one thing MH1 had better than other. The Veggie Elder. In MH1, you could trade items with him for some very nice stuff. For example, purely through the Veggie Elders in the different maps, i was able to make a FULL SET of plesioth armor before i even got to the Like a Star @ heaven levels that Plesioth was even on. So i got armor from a monster in high levels while still on the lower levels. Now? You get crap from him, only things is like, rations, herbs, cool/hot drinks, psychosyrum, crap like that.

The guy in Area 7 of Forest and Hills? You can talk to him? How?

There were a couple of other things. Like equipment trees for the first MH. There is this strange bone great sword in MH1 which, while in use, has claws, and when sheathed withdraws these claws. Not the most powerful weapon (probably), but I adore the concept.

So would it be worth my while adding info on the earliest release of Monster Hunter, or should it be left in favor for fresher pastures?

I only have this game at the moment (Don't own a PSP, and I don't think I can use a UMD with an emulator), so if you wish me to leave it be, I shall.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Wiki needs more depth?   Wiki needs more depth? Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 6:01 pm

After reading through this I think I'll also add some more info to MH1 section.
I'm really not busy over the holidays and could do with something to keep me occupied for a while.

I'll try to cover some things but won't be able to add any info on high rank or online things, but will try to get some armour sets and weapon paths going.
Any help would be appreciated and good luck!
Back to top Go down
mrbuckethat
Kelbi
mrbuckethat

PostSubject: Re: Wiki needs more depth?   Wiki needs more depth? Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 7:07 pm

Yes Sir/Madam! Will do!

Also, Tengen Topp Gurren Lagann is undoubtably one of the best Animes I've ever seen. It represented its Genre perfectly: Manly, gigantic boobs and one-up-manship that got out of hand.

EDIT: Wait wait wait waaaait.

Yamatsu? You're in Ireland? Which county?
Greetings from Wexford.
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

PostSubject: Re: Wiki needs more depth?   Wiki needs more depth? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 11:34 am

You can talk to the old guy eay, just hit X(i think, the button you click to talk to other people) when you're right beside him.

As for updating the wiki, i dont mind, go right ahead and add the info if you like. I myself am usually too busy in other things to do something like that lol
Back to top Go down
mrbuckethat
Kelbi
mrbuckethat

PostSubject: Re: Wiki needs more depth?   Wiki needs more depth? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 12:29 pm

Ah, thank you! He gave me a special mushroom for an insect husk. He's rather strange.

OK, I will try to add info where I can.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Wiki needs more depth?   Wiki needs more depth? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 12:34 pm

mrbuckethat wrote:
Yamatsu? You're in Ireland? Which county?
Greetings from Wexford.
Galway. :3

Also, TTGL is indeed made of win.
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

PostSubject: Re: Wiki needs more depth?   Wiki needs more depth? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 11:35 am

if you want, ive composed a decent list of stuff you can trade and what you get from it from each veggie elder. I could probably go dig it up from my notebooks and type up here for you.
Back to top Go down
mrbuckethat
Kelbi
mrbuckethat

PostSubject: Re: Wiki needs more depth?   Wiki needs more depth? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 11:42 am

Jojozityjo wrote:
if you want, ive composed a decent list of stuff you can trade and what you get from it from each veggie elder. I could probably go dig it up from my notebooks and type up here for you.

Great. It'll be helpful to see what gets what.

Here's what I've learned so far:

Insect husk ---> Special Mushroom
Iron Ore ---> Small Monster Bone
Garbage ---> Fire Herb
Malachite Ore ---> Medium Monster Bone

I've also started a couple of weapon trees:

Bone Blade (336)
---> Bone Blade +
--------->Agito (480)
-------------->Agito + (528)
--------->Serpentblade (480)
-------------->Vile Serpentblade (528)

Iron sword (288)
---> Iron sword + (336)
--------->Buster Sword (384)
-------------->Buster sword + (432)
--------->Iron Katana (480)

Hunter's Knife
--->Hunter's knife + (112)
---------> Hunter's dagger (140)
---------> Serpent bite (140)

I need to get the material to go further, but I'll work on it.

Also, That damned Giant Dragon-chicken is really starting to get on my nerves.

Last edited by mrbuckethat on Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because doubleposting is Baaaaaaad.)
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

PostSubject: Re: Wiki needs more depth?   Wiki needs more depth? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 3:31 pm

i couldnt find the notebook, but i found a file on my computer where i saved at least most of them if not all. Here it is ...

MH1 Wilderness Man Trades
Blos Fang -> Lg Monster Bone
Blos Jaw -> Rathalos Webbing
Piscine Jaw -> Med Monster Bone
Iron Ore -> Sml Monster Bone
Kut-Ku Shell -> Plesioth Scale
Kut-Ku Ear -> Plesioth Fin
Cephalos Fin -> Rathalos Webbing

--------------------------------------------
Jungle Area
Rathian Claw -> Armor Skin
Rathian Scale -> Catalyst
Rathian Shell -> Dragon Toadstool
Rathalos Claw -> Demon Drug
Rathalos Sclae -> Catalyst
Rathalos Shell -> Dragon Toadstool
Wyvern Marrow -> Ancient Potion
Blos Fang -> Extract
Cephalos Fin -> Twisted Horn

Swamp Area
Basarios Shell -> Machalite Ore
Rathalos Claw -> Machalite Ore
Rathalos Tail -> Machalite Ore
Wyvern Marrow -> Light Crystal
Rathian Claw -> Machalite Ore
Kut-Ku Ear -> Machalite Ore
Giant Beak -> Light Crystal

i believe thats all the monster body part trades. Oh, and yes, he is in those 3 different areas and yes each area trades different things for different things lol
Back to top Go down
mrbuckethat
Kelbi
mrbuckethat

PostSubject: Re: Wiki needs more depth?   Wiki needs more depth? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 5:20 pm

Spoiler:

Thanks for that! It'll really come in handy.

I really am finding the Kut-ku impossible. The pitfall trap lasts no time at all, and it's ignored the meat bait I lay out for it. The Jungle doesn't help either.
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

PostSubject: Re: Wiki needs more depth?   Wiki needs more depth? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 5:06 pm

i never found meat to work in MH1, it was some vodo trick that you'd have to know some hard core statistics and the monster your fighting inside and out and know the precise time to place it or what not.

Though if kut-ku gives you trouble, one thing you can try is bringing bombs, set up a trap and put bombs in it(make sure its a distance from him overwise he might just hack a fire lugi on and screw it up) and lure him in and set the bombs off. Another things that might help, flash bombs. Blinding your enemy, especially a kut-ku or others similar, can be nice. Im not sure if it works like in try, but when he pops up out of the trap and hovers a second, try a flash bomb, might drop him to his side for free hits.

Other than that, remember potions and just learn his movements. Watch, learn, calculate, master. Maybe get some tougher or fire resistant armor, upgrade your weapon maybe or try another. Eventually, kut-ku will be a fun and possibly funny fight :P
Back to top Go down
mrbuckethat
Kelbi
mrbuckethat

PostSubject: Re: Wiki needs more depth?   Wiki needs more depth? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 6:12 am

That's what makes it so embarrassing! Looking him up on the wiki shows me that everyone thinks he's a pushover, and I'm having my ass handed to me by it. What kind of hunter am I? XD

I'll get it eventually though, I'm sure of it.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Wiki needs more depth?   Wiki needs more depth? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 8:24 am

mrbuckethat wrote:
That's what makes it so embarrassing! Looking him up on the wiki shows me that everyone thinks he's a pushover, and I'm having my ass handed to me by it. What kind of hunter am I? XD

I'll get it eventually though, I'm sure of it.
Lol don't feel let down by the chicken, the MH1 Kut-Ku was the hardest.
Unless you count MHFO HR100 Kut-Ku or something.
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

PostSubject: Re: Wiki needs more depth?   Wiki needs more depth? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 11:53 am

meh, that pink chicken gave everyone some trouble when they first got it. It was the first real boss, other than velocidrome, but thats like .. a miniboss XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wiki needs more depth?   Wiki needs more depth? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wiki needs more depth?
Page 1 of 1