Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Kut-Ku Ear Trouble Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Kut-Ku Ear Trouble Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kut-Ku Ear Trouble

Go down 
+2
jonnything
Takara
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Totus Gn

Kut-Ku Ear Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Kut-Ku Ear Trouble   Kut-Ku Ear Trouble Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 7:50 am

Hey, just a quick question, how would i go about getting 4 Kut-Ku ears, when I kill the Kut-Ku before I see the ear break off? I use a hammer, by the way.
Back to top Go down
cheese

Kut-Ku Ear Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kut-Ku Ear Trouble   Kut-Ku Ear Trouble Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 5:57 pm

you need to hit kut-ku's head to break off its ears. once broken, there is still chance that you might not get one. so try and try until you get all four that you need.

btw, i use the circle attack of the hammer to hit the head each time it uses the biting attack.
Back to top Go down
Diamonds

Kut-Ku Ear Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kut-Ku Ear Trouble   Kut-Ku Ear Trouble Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 1:19 pm

use hammer to break his head (make sure the weapon is not strong enough to kill in few hit) and dont forget to bring sonic bomb, throw one NEAR his head, he should drop ear (rare drop, i'm afraid)
Back to top Go down
Saigan

Kut-Ku Ear Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kut-Ku Ear Trouble   Kut-Ku Ear Trouble Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:46 pm

Ears are difficult to get and I think that at best you only have a 1/10 chance for them and that is only provided you have broken them first. Just keep trying, I use the normal YKK in F&H for my ear runs.
Back to top Go down
Takara
Kelbi
Takara

Thank you Points : 0

Kut-Ku Ear Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kut-Ku Ear Trouble   Kut-Ku Ear Trouble Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 8:18 pm

Yup, just bash away at the head.
Im guessing you want the decoration that allows you to see the monsters loaction without paintball/Cycosetrum?
Sometimes the fall off as a "Shiny", but other times there rewards.

Just keep trying ;3
Back to top Go down
azir

Kut-Ku Ear Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kut-Ku Ear Trouble   Kut-Ku Ear Trouble Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 9:42 am

u should also make the pig happy before going to quest that ggive u more chance to get i got 5 in 5 times each time i make sure the pig is happy with big heart
Back to top Go down
Shadowec

Kut-Ku Ear Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kut-Ku Ear Trouble   Kut-Ku Ear Trouble Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 1:48 pm

Use a powerful hammer, 1000 atk+ would b ok. Go on the elder twin cut-ku quest, find them and aim for the head. Always use slam, slam, golfswing. (I killed the red kut-ku with 1 use of slam, slam, golfswing)
Back to top Go down
jonnything
Melynx
jonnything

Thank you Points : 4

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

Kut-Ku Ear Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kut-Ku Ear Trouble   Kut-Ku Ear Trouble Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 10:16 am

I used a long sword, and just went for the head all the time until the ears broke, then just finish him off as quickly as possible, I found that the village quests give ears more than the Gathering Hall quests, i never got any from the GH.
Back to top Go down
Eowa
Kelbi
Eowa

Thank you Points : 0

Kut-Ku Ear Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Sonic bombs   Kut-Ku Ear Trouble Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 11:14 am

Or u can just throw a sonic bomb at him. when u throw a sonic bomb at him , he will drop Kut Ku Ear or Wyvern Tears.
Back to top Go down
Tally
Khezu

Thank you Points : 57

Kut-Ku Ear Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kut-Ku Ear Trouble   Kut-Ku Ear Trouble Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 11:32 am

You can cut down on sonic bomb costs by bringing along a felyne who mainly uses bombs. Barrel bombs also have a sonic bomb effect, and your felyne can actually stun the kut-ku very frequently with this. Even after he recovers, he'll still 'rant' a lot afterward. You have a pretty long time window to attack.
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf1679
Aptonoth
WhiteWolf1679

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Kut-Ku Ear Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kut-Ku Ear Trouble   Kut-Ku Ear Trouble Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 9:51 pm

easiest way... In the jungle- Go to the area it appears and wait for it. If it comes place an electrick trap, smash its head with hammer, when the effect wears off the ears should break, then throw a sonic bomb at it and there is a chance it will drop an ear.

In forest&hills- Go to the cave like area with grass and moss, where the rathian first appears, if you get there early , get to the room with eaten bones and there is light peering through the hole in the ceiling. Put an electrick trap, or if your late run up behind the kut-ku and put the electric trap between its legs. U can also throw the sonic bomb first, and then while it is stunned place the electrick trap. Hope it helps
Back to top Go down
MasterOnion
MasterOnion

Thank you Points : 43

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Kut-Ku Ear Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kut-Ku Ear Trouble   Kut-Ku Ear Trouble Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 1:07 am

WhiteWolf... This thread is from almost 2 years ago. Please stop necrobumping threads. I have already asked you in PM's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kut-Ku Ear Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kut-Ku Ear Trouble   Kut-Ku Ear Trouble Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kut-Ku Ear Trouble
Page 1 of 1