Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Starting MHFU Lance/Bow Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Starting MHFU Lance/Bow Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Starting MHFU Lance/Bow

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tullyganbif
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

Starting MHFU Lance/Bow Empty
PostSubject: Starting MHFU Lance/Bow   Starting MHFU Lance/Bow Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 8:38 pm

Hey everyone, I am waiting for my psp and copy of MHFU to arrive in the mail and have been a monster hunter for a few years. I am excited to try out a bow but am hesitant because of it's terrible damage at low levels. I am however skilled with a lance so should I just follow a few basic lance paths until I can get some higher level materials to start hunting with a bow?
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

Thank you Points : 160

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 3754-8725-9197
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Starting MHFU Lance/Bow   Starting MHFU Lance/Bow Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 5:54 am

i actually started with a bow, if you know how to use the bow and bring appropriate ones for appropriate fights, they will do splendidly. I've used bow pretty much all the way up to high rank, or, nekoht quests as the specific ones are called, with just using a bow really.

I dont think bow is as bad as most people think. Only thing i have issues with them is, minions, they cant really kill minions worth a crap compared to other weapons lol
Back to top Go down
Locrin
Aptonoth
Locrin

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Starting MHFU Lance/Bow   Starting MHFU Lance/Bow Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 7:31 pm

Personally I played Tri before I got into Unite about half a year ago, and in Tri I'm (almost) always lancing. When I started with Unite I tried out every kind of weapon (as all types of weapons are available to you when you start out), but I emidiatly gravitated to the lance. It's naturally missing a few attacks (counter) as the game's older than Tri, but while still sometimes using other weapons the lance lasted me well into high-rank. Then, however, the lance isn't as good anymore, so I'd suggest mixing it up with other weapons as well.

I've not used bows that much myself (I've tried them out, but never quite understood the aiming of them (bowguns fit me much better)), however, I suggest looking into some hammer paths, as hammers are really OP in Unite. Everytime I've used a weapon (say lance, dual swords or gs) and it's not quite done the trick, the hammers have always been the safe bet to complete the quest. That and longswords.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting MHFU Lance/Bow   Starting MHFU Lance/Bow Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starting MHFU Lance/Bow
Page 1 of 1