Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Magic: The Gathering Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Magic: The Gathering Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Magic: The Gathering

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hermz
Kecha Wacha
Hermz

Thank you Points : 27

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 1177-7813-4605
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

Magic: The Gathering Empty
PostMagic: The Gathering

So, I used to make fun of my friends who played this card game because I was the "try to be cool" kid, back when Hermit wasn't Hermit, and I played the demo of Magic 2012 from Steam two weeks ago, then bought it for Xbox two days ago because my friend wanted me to try it, and now I love it. So I don't have any cards yet, but I plan on it. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good starter deck (because I don't know if they are similar, if not exactly the same to the decks in the PC/console version).
Back to top Go down
http://rgnkgaming.forumotion.com/
Share this post on: reddit

Magic: The Gathering :: Comments

dcj91x
Re: Magic: The Gathering
Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:16 am by dcj91x
I have several friends who own game stores and run official MTG tournaments. I run the stores and some events on the weekend.. I would recommend not getting a starter.

1st thing you should buy is a "Fat Pack". It comes with quite a bit of stuff and has a book listing all the cards for the set. As well as a pack of lands.

Each set has a FatPack thats about $30 usd.

Also if you have a game store in your area they should have free demo decks for 2011/2012... do not underestimate the power of getting free stuff.

other than getting the fat packs for each set that is current just buy normal packs and put together your own deck.

Also you may want to check out whick sets are playable in the type two format. Those are the only cards you really should be getting. Don't get tricked into buying out of date sets.

Ummm, we are talking about the actual card game right?

Hermz
Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:17 pm by Hermz
Yes, we are talking about the actual card game, haha. And thank you, I really appreciate djc. ^^
stayman_jacobi
Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:27 pm by stayman_jacobi
If you're looking to buy the cards you can buys sets of them at most gaming shops. If I had to pick a deck though I'd probably go for the Ravnica decks.
Hermz
Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:32 am by Hermz
I'm going to go with what dcj said. (And I know where to buy the cards, just didn't know what I wanted to get ><)
dcj91x
Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:32 am by dcj91x
Current sets: (Some sets will be rotating out in October from Standard (type2) play to make room for the new sets coming out. Sets are released every 3 months. Each set is part of a 3 set block. Each block has it's own theme.) It seems a bit complicated at first but not once you figure out how it works. Usually when a new block starts the first oldest one will go away from standard play. (but you can still play the cards with friends.) The main exception is the core sets which have begun being names after the year they represent. Below is a list of the sets still active starting in October. Try to stick with those even though some older cards are still playable due to them being reprinted...... Also, if you can attend pre-releases those are the best times to get rarer cards from a new set.

2012: (or M12) This is the core set with most of the base cards that stick around for a while.

Scars of Mirrodin Cycle/Block: Sets include

Scars of Mirrodin, Mirrodin Besieged, New Phyrexia

Innistrad Cycle/Block (forthcoming): sets include

Innistrad, Dark Ascension

I do recomend if you play in tournements to stick with these sets. Also do Drafts as its a good way to get cards cheap. But yea.. Asically get the 4 fat packs for M12 and the 3 Scars sets if you can.

Let me know how it goes...
Hermz
Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:46 am by Hermz
Thanks dcj, and I will definitely let you know how it all goes.
Wishmaster
Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:14 am by Wishmaster
sometimes i miss magic big time.. got sets from 4th edition towards.. ehmm.. cant remember.. but keeping up with all the new sets and abilities making all other cards absolete made me stop playing.

Starterdecks used to be nice basics to build a nice theme deck, though needed lots of punch after. Free playable cards ftw ;) once joined an all commen tourney.. there were some major killing decks among those.. but if you got money (lots of it) you can always buy the whole sets (4 times) te build to your own content ;)
and i agree.. fatpacks usually give you more moneysworth, but with magic, its always a bit luck of the draw

and ofcourse.. join boosterdrafts.. those are fun, help you understand a set and everyone has the same amount of chance.. though always some people get the killer cards, and it is never you Sad by vort.. still boosterdrafts help increase your own cards, as help teaching you how to construct decks (small fast creatures with boost capabilities ftw).

good luck and enjoy.. i have.. for about 10 years or so
Post  by Sponsored content

Magic: The Gathering

Page 1 of 1