Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Roguelikes Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Roguelikes Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Roguelikes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Godzilla2195
Seltas
Godzilla2195

Thank you Points : 44

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Roguelikes Empty
PostRoguelikes

Anyone here play roguelikes? I got into them recently through Nethack. There aren't many roguelike players, and the whole genre could use some love.

I play mostly Nethack, with a bit of Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup mixed in. I want to play ADOM, but I don't have a numpad, and it doesn't support HJKL. Arrow keys suck.

For those who don't know what roguelikes are, go here, then here, and give this underrated genre a try.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Roguelikes :: Comments

Hermz
Re: Roguelikes
Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:20 pm by Hermz
I'm considering trying it out, though I may have played one before. On Xbox, they have indie games, and one is Epic Dungeon, and it is the same thing, find stuff, kill it, light up the halls, etc. It's fun, but not the same way NetHack is. Also, I was watching videos, and came across this comment and lawled:

"I played a Rogue and whenever Iplay as one my luck SUCKS! 1st time I played as one I threw a dagger and missed the target killing my kitten. So my God struck me dead with a lightning bolt. Second time around I found an amulet and put it on and it turned out to be a cursed item known as The Amulet of Strangulation. Damn it. lol"
TheWhoaDude 4 months ago
Godzilla2195
Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:51 pm by Godzilla2195
Ha, that's Nethack alright. The gods are animal rights activists, and nothing you find on the ground is safe.

I've heard that Epic Dungeon is pretty good. I'll have to try it some day.
Hermz
Post Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:11 am by Hermz
It's very addicting. If only it had the achievements system, I would be on it all the time. But i may go give Nethack a shot, sounds fun. Hopefully I don't kill my pet...0.0
Post  by Sponsored content

Roguelikes

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Things we do when not hunting :: Passing the time when not on MH :: Non-MH Games and Gaming-
Jump to: