Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Shall the past repeat itself?... Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Shall the past repeat itself?... Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shall the past repeat itself?...

Go down 
+12
Kikyome
Archie
haruno
Arakune
Zetsuuga
Quentin
bentetris
dcj91x
Ataraxia
It's meh
Black Rain
Deridor
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

Thank you Points : 10

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Shall the past repeat itself?... Empty
PostSubject: Shall the past repeat itself?...   Shall the past repeat itself?... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 2:15 am

One day, long ago, I came upon a game known as monster hunter. It drew me in, assimilated me into its web of fans. Soon, I craved more.

I hoped and wished, then finally got a psp. I could now sate my appetite for more of the world of minegarde. The new monster hunter, known as freedom 2, proved itself as an impressive sequel to that greatest of games. It ingrained deeper when our freedom became united!

Now lies a new installment, much removed from the nostalgic denizens of mh and mhfu. Will this surpass its predecessors? or fall from grace as the series spirals downward...

Tl;Dr

I got a psp for the sole purpose of playing the mhf games and don't regret a single thing. Is tri g (and perhaps the promise of mh4?) worth a 3ds? Will it impress me as much as mhf2/u, despite a huge loss of the old monsters?
Back to top Go down
Black Rain
Melynx
Black Rain

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: Shall the past repeat itself?...   Shall the past repeat itself?... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 2:43 am

yes...... and no it all depends on how much you love this series.

i hate that capcom chose the path of 3ds, I mean whats wrong with psv it only came out ten days after mh3g.
Back to top Go down
http://fadedrex.deviantart.com/
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Shall the past repeat itself?...   Shall the past repeat itself?... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 3:19 am

Black Rain wrote:
yes...... and no it all depends on how much you love this series.

i hate that capcom chose the path of 3ds, I mean whats wrong with psv it only came out ten days after mh3g.
Nothing wrong with the vita...

It's just that capcom went with a handheld that was capable enough, and nintendo had that handheld.

I'm guessing since nintendo and capcom knew about how well the DS did, maybe they thought that going with the 3DS would have been the best idea (For money!)
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Shall the past repeat itself?...   Shall the past repeat itself?... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 6:40 am

Nintendo are generally more of a household name than Sony and it's handheld series, if you ask someone on the street whether they have or had a handheld console, I'm willing to bet a lot of money on the fact that if they did, it'd have been a Nintendo product.

I'm glad it's on the 3DS, despite it's technical flaws, it's a widely known console and with luck, will help bring the MH series some much needed interest/sales/etc
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

PostSubject: Re: Shall the past repeat itself?...   Shall the past repeat itself?... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 1:38 pm

Huh? technical flaws?

Are you mis-using a word just to say that you don't like the way the handheld is designed?
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Shall the past repeat itself?...   Shall the past repeat itself?... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 2:34 pm

The 3DS is a really good system with a lot going for it many of the games currently out for it and a lot of games coming out for it are really good. Also look at the sales numbers in the past on all Nintendo systems versus all Sony systems. From a marketing stand point and cost of development (Also amount of money bribed by Nintendo to Capcom) it's a smart move on Caps part to put MH on the 3DS.
Back to top Go down
bentetris
Kelbi
bentetris

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Shall the past repeat itself?...   Shall the past repeat itself?... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 3:12 pm

3DS is worth getting even if MH3G and MH4 never release here, in my opinion. But those are the games that rocket the system to "must-have" status. Lots of great games already available and tons more in the pipline. Hell, just the fact that it's Nintendo's next portable pretty much ensures it will get fantastic support. The only question is really whether you want to get one now, or wait for a potential new version which might release in one or two years (like the DS lite).
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Shall the past repeat itself?...   Shall the past repeat itself?... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 4:14 pm

^2014 is the soonest one would be likely and even then it would depend on the amount of games needing additional support for whatever features it would bring. Right now there is really nothing that is neeeded abd wont be until say probably the 3rd instalment of some games.
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang
Quentin

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Shall the past repeat itself?...   Shall the past repeat itself?... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 7:42 pm

I've had a 3DS for weeks and it's amazing. I'm currently playing Oot3D and the graphics are amazing. And the 3D is a lot better than most people think. It's pretty damn easy to find and hold the "3D sweet spot" and you can at least play the 3D for several hours before having to stop. My only concern is how much the 3D drains the battery. With non-3D i lasts for about 8 hours, wiht 3D... well about 5 or 6 hours, but it's still good. Also the analog stick is a god send
Back to top Go down
Zetsuuga
Kelbi
Zetsuuga

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd

PostSubject: Re: Shall the past repeat itself?...   Shall the past repeat itself?... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 8:38 pm

I find that CAPCOM chose the 3DS because they realized the core market is being shot down by the family-friendly pick up and play games (ex: Wii Party). I feel that CAPCOM has done this because the Vita is naturally a core system, where as the 3DS is ment (Not ALWAYS) for the family. Put 2 and 2 together. CAPCOM put it on the 3DS because Tri was put onto the Nintendo Wii and got the most sales ever. Tri was also known for being VERY easy. Hence the whole Lock-On no online play thing, but they tried to make it inbetween EASY and CORE. In my oppnion. They failed. I am a huge fan of the series but this time... Im putting my 50 back in my wallet and walking from it. Portable 3rd is the best game of Monster Hunter in my oppinion. In your epic story there, i didnt hear you mention it, go import it. You will have much more fun that way.

CAPCOM is having troubles, CORE gamers are screaming at them for another hard game like Unite, but CAPCOM realizes they may get more money if they make it easier for new audiences. Listen to he fans CAPCOM, not your gut.
Back to top Go down
Arakune
Cephalos
Arakune

Thank you Points : 6

PostSubject: Re: Shall the past repeat itself?...   Shall the past repeat itself?... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 7:19 pm

Zetsuuga wrote:
I find that CAPCOM chose the 3DS because they realized the core market is being shot down by the family-friendly pick up and play games (ex: Wii Party). I feel that CAPCOM has done this because the Vita is naturally a core system, where as the 3DS is ment (Not ALWAYS) for the family. Put 2 and 2 together. CAPCOM put it on the 3DS because Tri was put onto the Nintendo Wii and got the most sales ever. Tri was also known for being VERY easy. Hence the whole Lock-On no online play thing, but they tried to make it inbetween EASY and CORE. In my oppnion. They failed. I am a huge fan of the series but this time... Im putting my 50 back in my wallet and walking from it. Portable 3rd is the best game of Monster Hunter in my oppinion. In your epic story there, i didnt hear you mention it, go import it. You will have much more fun that way.

CAPCOM is having troubles, CORE gamers are screaming at them for another hard game like Unite, but CAPCOM realizes they may get more money if they make it easier for new audiences. Listen to he fans CAPCOM, not your gut.
This post has numerous flaws.
First the "family" system is the Wii, not the 3DS. I'm sure you didn't even saw 3G, judging by your post. Also nice how you think P3 is the "best MH game" when it has cut content, low difficulty and the lowest damage in the series. Yes, it's easier than Tri too, from which takes all the "easy" and takes it up to eleven. Just look at poor Tigrex which is a joke now(Black Tigrex makes up for it though)
"Core gamers" got what they wanted with 3G, adding unpredictable monsters like Bracchidios, toning up the damage and adding G-rank again.

Also lol, "lock-on".
Back to top Go down
Zetsuuga
Kelbi
Zetsuuga

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Shall the past repeat itself?...   Shall the past repeat itself?... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 8:00 pm

Arakune wrote:
Zetsuuga wrote:

This post has numerous flaws.
First the "family" system is the Wii, not the 3DS. I'm sure you didn't even saw 3G, judging by your post. Also nice how you think P3 is the "best MH game" when it has cut content, low difficulty and the lowest damage in the series. Yes, it's easier than Tri too, from which takes all the "easy" and takes it up to eleven. Just look at poor Tigrex which is a joke now(Black Tigrex makes up for it though)
"Core gamers" got what they wanted with 3G, adding unpredictable monsters like Bracchidios, toning up the damage and adding G-rank again.

Also lol, "lock-on".

Your Post also has flaws. I have seen everything 3G has told us so far and about the difficulty thing, I like to use underpowered armor and weapons against monsters so the difficulty is fair and or HARD. And when you say "CORE gamers got what they wanted..." Yes, that is one thing, unpredictable monsters are one, but difficulty is the #1 thing. I HIGHLY suggest you watch Mazreon's Monster Hunter Downfall video on Youtube
Back to top Go down
Arakune
Cephalos
Arakune

Thank you Points : 6

PostSubject: Re: Shall the past repeat itself?...   Shall the past repeat itself?... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 8:14 pm

>Hitler video which also has a PARODY tag under it, made by maze who normally jokes with people on gamefaqs
Yeah, i'm done here if you use that as a point.
Also a video made TWO MONTHS before the game came out. As a parody.

No, by seeing what you're posting it looks like you saw NOTHING of 3G.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Shall the past repeat itself?...   Shall the past repeat itself?... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 10:33 pm

Zetsuuga, do you know how lock-on works? It actually does not "lock" onto the monster just makes the camera easier to center onto it which has been a complaint with the camera since the series began. Also, just a question but is it 3G you do not like or the 3DS?

For more information on 3G I would suggest going here.

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_3_G

It explains a lot about 3G and may help with some misconceptions about both 3G and the 3DS.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

PostSubject: Re: Shall the past repeat itself?...   Shall the past repeat itself?... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 10:55 pm

Zetsuuga wrote:
I am a huge fan of the series but this time... Im putting my 50 back in my wallet and walking from it.

Good, we don't need you buying this game anyway.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Shall the past repeat itself?...   Shall the past repeat itself?... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 11:17 pm

^be nice.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Shall the past repeat itself?...   Shall the past repeat itself?... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 11:46 pm

wait for monster hunter portable 3rd G. K thx problems solved
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

PostSubject: Re: Shall the past repeat itself?...   Shall the past repeat itself?... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 3:14 am

dcj91x wrote:
^be nice.
Your wish is my command
Back to top Go down
Archie
Melynx
Archie

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Shall the past repeat itself?...   Shall the past repeat itself?... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 2:47 pm

3G looks amazing, the 3DS IS amazing and im hoping to see this game localised.
Back to top Go down
Kikyome
Popo
Kikyome

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Shall the past repeat itself?...   Shall the past repeat itself?... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 1:22 pm

I heard that Sony was being a real prick and causing Capcom all kinds of problems, like setting games back and not holding up their end of the bargain. That's why they jumped ship and moved to the 3DS instead of the Vita. Not sure if Tri was a similar situation or not.
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang
Quentin

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Shall the past repeat itself?...   Shall the past repeat itself?... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 4:43 pm

I don't think mhp3g is going to come out seeing as it's mainly to create interest in a 3rd monster hunter in preparation for 4
Back to top Go down
Zetsuuga
Kelbi
Zetsuuga

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Shall the past repeat itself?...   Shall the past repeat itself?... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 6:28 pm

It's meh wrote:
Zetsuuga wrote:
I am a huge fan of the series but this time... Im putting my 50 back in my wallet and walking from it.

Good, we don't need you buying this game anyway.

Whats with the chnge of heart hm?

You know what? Fine. I wil buy it just to see how bad it is going to be.

I could be wrong but lock-on option is insulting.

Wish me luck...[/quote]

Again as asked before. Do you understand how lock on works in 3G?

Back to top Go down
Derb
Rhenoplos

PostSubject: Re: Shall the past repeat itself?...   Shall the past repeat itself?... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 7:51 pm

Zetsuuga wrote:

You tap a thing on the touch screen and the camera will pan over to a/the large monster in the area. From what I've seen in the videos, it's not a constant lock-on.

If you have the second slide pad extension it's not a big deal. Without a the second slide pad, camera operations become a lot more challenging, so this helps.
Back to top Go down
Black Rain
Melynx
Black Rain

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: Shall the past repeat itself?...   Shall the past repeat itself?... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 9:46 pm

Derb wrote:
Zetsuuga wrote:

You tap a thing on the touch screen and the camera will pan over to a/the large monster in the area. From what I've seen in the videos, it's not a constant lock-on.

If you have the second slide pad extension it's not a big deal. Without a the second slide pad, camera operations become a lot more challenging, so this helps.

That is not true, you do have too touch a the monster icon at the bottom but only once because instead of continuosly toching it all you have to do is tap L button and it will lock on but if you want to look straight on while whith a monster double tap L.
Back to top Go down
http://fadedrex.deviantart.com/
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

PostSubject: Re: Shall the past repeat itself?...   Shall the past repeat itself?... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 4:01 am

Black Rain wrote:
Derb wrote:
Zetsuuga wrote:

That is not true, you do have too touch a the monster icon at the bottom but only once because instead of continuosly toching it all you have to do is tap L button and it will lock on but if you want to look straight on while whith a monster double tap L.
You click the monster icon on the touch screen to activate the monster camera targeting.
Spoiler:

Turning on the targeting feature, pressing the camera centering button (L button) will cause the camera to focus on the monster.
It's not really on the monster at all times, but you can keep pressing the L button for that.

If there's more monsters, more icons appear on the touch screen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shall the past repeat itself?...   Shall the past repeat itself?... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shall the past repeat itself?...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next