Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal - Page 33 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal - Page 33 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunting Journal

Go down 
+99
PAiN---
Yamatsu
Antari18
VAlien12
anduin55
Arkenaw
CrystalPower
TheLaw
Anonymin
Rowiehz
Jake Johnson
GrashXL002
Ares
YamiGekusu
X Kitsune X
JFizzle
AzzraNoctul
Atalanta
navgoose
PokeMaster
Otoshimo
TKMT
Hanya
Randomhunter
Enkidu
Will
InstaCakes
Sai_
laoshanicrus
Sasori
Dathblade
evahnulahm
dcj91x
Lalo
E&Troy
parasky
dainbramage
Slyffer
oeon
Esham
Sir Valk
Neptyc
Lou Urau
Crystalis
Luciarn
MasterOnion
zeek
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Asyulur
SafariCat
Andrea88GOD
Vespyra
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Bimasena009
Shiny_Rayquaza
Blair H
Black TheLance
Step
Lucas
Stabster
Godzilla2195
Yuki
Kanade
Tiburon555
RDC
Rene
Valdast
quidam
Maika
BT Esq
Florenz
bill_the_noob
Andrew.
Axel3
Oni Zelkami
Kholdstare
It's meh
Vivi
elitezellet
stayman_jacobi
TiroDvD
crovis
kama
Ataraxia
Quentin
Kasumi
Chips
Silverwind
Koma
Win32error
blackice
Leonhardt
Exzyro
Ugthorf
Chriz
Lagia818
Ultimate Jaggi
Palas
rubinek
103 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 37 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
rubinek
Popo
rubinek

Thank you Points : 3

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Hunting Journal - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 4:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Killed Jhen for the very first time! A very nice Australian player named Selena helped me actually become useful (lol) and the two hunts we did went very smoothly. Got another EDG and two ElderDragonBloods. I'll soon be able to make a Jhen+ armor, although I still don't know where I can get the Conqueror Seals or whatever they are called. Time to head on to MH wiki i guess /yes/

Also, some other guy we did the hunt with told me that only Long Swords and Great Swords are good on Jhen. I asked him why, but he didn't really want to elaborate (no keyboard I presume). I didn't have any Dragon or Ice LS/GS so I was quickly relegated to operating cannons and ballista (see above). Can anyone explain? I read Jhen Mohran wiki page thoughtfully and there is nothing that says "this and this weapon sucks for reasons X and Y, don't use it", so I'm rather confused.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 3:55 pm

GrashXL002 wrote:
Mr Stark wrote:
Had a go at Barroth after a long time so I can get Bastion Blitz. Good times constantly evading every single charge.
It happened to be the [Advanced] Barroth Buster, and apart from a new record size (barely) the only + materials I got from Barroth were its carves. Everything else was plain Low Rank.
Rage by sipax

Don't mind meh asking, but what's with dat siggy?
My, whatever is the matter with that siggy?
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 4:18 pm

On-topic: Helped some newbies with jhen, but it went really bad because everyone was d***ing around with all the equipment so we only managed to repel. I ended up hammer-launching the guy with the binder ammo all the time because he was just firing it whenever it was ready.

After that I helped a friend with the los+ian urgent, went quite smoothly (although I was AFK half the fight xD)

Back to top Go down
AzzraNoctul
Popo
AzzraNoctul

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 2:45 am

Mr Stark wrote:
Had a go at Barroth after a long time so I can get Bastion Blitz. Good times constantly evading every single charge.
It happened to be the [Advanced] Barroth Buster, and apart from a new record size (barely) the only + materials I got from Barroth were its carves. Everything else was plain Low Rank.
Rage by sipax

I must have missed something, Mr Stark your signature o.O huh.

Been forever it seems since posting last been busy and crazy at the house. I busted HR51, currently 53 I believe. Just working on maxing out weapons now before server shut down. Used Agna+ and Sabertooth G lance. First Ala hunt went decent I'd say, I didn't cart once between both hunts. After the first hunt I didn't rank up /no/ stupid me for not posting my urgent. 2cd hunt I posted and it went a bit rough. One person carted then stayed in camp (they carted last hunt also) one person saw this and went to the edge of the field and just stayed there so ended up duo'ing about half of Ala with another Lance user. He took a tad less damage then me but over all I held my own with him, felt really proud of that. As a bonus both me and him carved the tail mid hunt and got a Azure Gem!

Since then just been farming a bit, taking things slow. Ranking up isn't important to me it's getting everything I want before servers shut down. Main goal is 3 more wyvern stones for Sinister Saints Gax.

Edit-Ahhhhhh Mr Stark your hazing me for my Ian ruby needed for Epitaph blade arn't ya. /yes/ I deserve it. By the way though, I managed to get a Lagia sapphire and made Epitaph
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 6:51 am

Explanation for the signature (I know Win32 and a few other admins will be annoyed about this) is here.

tl;dr, I'm using code to troll everyone effortlessly and so is IBGenius...hee hee

Now then, back on topic:

Somehow I got ANOTHER Earth Dragongem, and still haven't used the first one. I'm unlikely to as well unlesss I go for the Jhen set...which I admit looks good, but I'm fine with my current sets.

Speaking of which, I've been using my Rathian set a bit more lately, and I switched the gemming to Health +50, Fire Res +15 and Earplugs without needing a talisman/weapon slot. This means I can constantly do Bran + Milk without worrying about my health. It's pretty much an anti-Rath set.
Also overforged two pieces of my Lagriacus set (helm, guards; don't want to use my Bathycite yet) and got Doris Fellspear (P).
Also happened to have a Rathalos Ruby lying about as well as materials for Huracan Hammer (P), so I made that too. It's a pretty badass hammer, especially when I mix it with this Status +2 talisman I found and my Lagriacus set. Makes KOs much easier, while still maintaining that epic amount of Fire element.
Also did the Quest lvlQuest lvlQuest lvlQuest lvlQuest lvlQuest lvl Double Trouble quest properly for the first time (first time I got it was because I joined a hacker). In any case, this means:
GREAT INCEADEUS!!!

Why I'm suddenly getting so lucky with gems is a mystery to me...

Edit: Killed my first Deviljho!
The second Jho I killed was the World Eater. Did it with Hikari, Crystal and Sapphire (AKA Vivi). They did most of the work. I barely hit Jhozilla at all, but the fight went without incident, and I got a Deviljho Gem to boot. And even more semi-useless talismans and Heavy Armour Spheres...while I don't have a single flippin' Hard Armour Sphere. Having killed the two Deviljhos allowed me to get the Power/Armour talons. Whee.
Also ditched getting Doom Crown (G) or Fang Hammer Ruin for now. Decided to go ahead and overforge my Lagriacus set.
I also forgot to mention that I made Doris Fellspear (P), just for Ceadeus. I manage to kill Ceadeus with that and the Lagriacus set slightly faster than with Dark Claw. All I want right now though is the Alatreon Lance, but I need 3 tails for that. Or I could also go farm Alatreon for Skypiercers so I can upgrade the DC to "Demise". Ridiculous amount of white sharpness is ridiculous.

Currently working on Bastion Blitz (P) (I KNOW G.INCEA IS MORE POWERFUL) and the Ancient Hammer series, and I'm currently wondering if I should use 5 of my 6 Firecell Stones for Rathalos Flamesword.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
Enkidu
Melynx
Enkidu

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 7:49 pm

Mr Stark, saw you were on about 12 hours ago in a Jhen city, sent a message saying hey but you were in a quest.

No real highlights from the w'end, did manage to catch up with a couple of friends for a bit and do some adv quests.
Back to top Go down
Anonymin
Melynx
Anonymin

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3DS/WiiU

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 10:59 pm

Threw a throwing knife at diablos causing it to trip.

You learn something new every day with this game.
Back to top Go down
Jake Johnson
Khezu

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 5:09 pm

Failed on the Lagiacrus repel four-star mission several times.

Went back to the 20 Baggi quest to mine Isisium.

Mined enough to fashion a Rampart - I love it! It looks like a huge hypodermic!

Went back out to repel Lagia...

and succeeded!

Of course, the actual HUNT quest is a different animal, I've heard...
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 9:56 pm

Jake Johnson wrote:

and succeeded!

Yeah, you gotta fight it.... To the DEATH!
Once you beat it, it'll be awesome.
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 10:05 am

It's meh wrote:
Jake Johnson wrote:

and succeeded!

Yeah, you gotta fight it.... To the DEATH!
Once you beat it, it'll be awesome.

*sits in recliner* yup,i remember the first time i killed a lagi....with anata boneblade...ahhh those were the days
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 1:51 pm

KICK-TO-THE-DEATH FTW!

Got a bunch of friends with Escadora armour (for the extremely high defense) and we all got felyne kickboxer and decided to kick a Great Jaggi to the DEATH!

Can't remember our time, but it was fun ^_^

Back to top Go down
JFizzle
Seregios
JFizzle

Thank you Points : 129

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Dystopian US

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 4:25 am

GrashXL002 wrote:
KICK-TO-THE-DEATH FTW!

Got a bunch of friends with Escadora armour (for the extremely high defense) and we all got felyne kickboxer and decided to kick a Great Jaggi to the DEATH!

Summons "Blackice" Throws Binocular themed PokeBall.

Show him teh video Blackice!
Back to top Go down
Jake Johnson
Khezu

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 2:10 pm

28 November 2012

Broke from fighting and losing to Rathian during her hunt quest to complete my Baggi Armor.

Fought and re-fought G.B. several times to get the last Crest I needed - got it!

Back to Rathian!
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 6:53 pm

started to hunt with someone I thought I would never see again, is good to have those kind of surpraises
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 9:29 pm

GrashXL002 wrote:
KICK-TO-THE-DEATH FTW!

XD zomg I remember back in the day we did that with the chibi uragaan when that event 1st came out

Good times, good times...
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
Maika
Cephalos
Maika

Thank you Points : 8

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 4:06 pm

Finally got my +4 Handicraft, -10 useless skill talisman earlier. For that Razor Sharp +1 set... I can finally retire...

...errr, might as well test this set out
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 4:24 pm

Jhen+ is up!
First attempt, Dad forced me off the Wii just as I entered the Final Showdown.
Second attempt, three defeats.
Third attempt: VICTORY! Carved another Earth Dragongem to boot...and I still don't want any.
Fourth attempt: Repelled! And...yet another Earth Dragongem. This is getting anoyying.

Also did Megalatreon for the first time. It's hard work, but I got the two Skypiercers I needed for Dark Claw Demise.
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 4:37 pm

Soloed Jhen+, and got a kill! I was surprised.

Aside from that, just farmed Deviljho for no apparent reason.
Back to top Go down
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 3:43 pm

Farmed HR Blos for Stout Horns.

Results:
First 4 - 3 Twists and a Majestic
Last 4 - 3 Stouts and a Twist

Not a bad morning.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 4:07 pm

So, what's up with all of the Mind's eye guys that are popping up lately?

Nowadays (whenever I get on tri) people in cities tend to have the sword saint earings or full Los+ armor...
However, they aren't using this stuff for monsters like Agnaktor (who will soon not even NEED Mind's eye when you break him up), but they instead use it for monsters like Barioth or Rathalos..

Is there something I'm missing about this skill? I thought all it did was make you not bounce around when attacking a bounce zone... Now people are just using it on everything they can fight against.

Now, I'm not ranting here, I'm kind of just asking a question here because I'm seeing this particular skill being used CONSTANTLY.

I even try to join cities with these people, but everytime I do they end up leaving the game entirely.
Back to top Go down
navgoose
Seltas Queen
navgoose

Thank you Points : 62

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 4:57 pm

You aren't missing anything about mind's eye. They wear it because they 1) misunderstand the skill 2) want the earring look on the armor set or 3) allow them to use unupgraded weapons without fear of the bounce animation.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 5:03 pm

navgoose wrote:
You aren't missing anything about mind's eye. They wear it because they 1) misunderstand the skill 2) want the earring look on the armor set or 3) allow them to use unupgraded weapons without fear of the bounce animation.

So what's the excuse with these people wearing a bhanabra set,
with the S.S.Earing (SeeWhatIDidThar'?),
and usually a non-status weapon...
*repeated FaceTable*
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 6:42 pm

navgoose wrote:

Oh good..
For a second there I kinda thought there was this hidden ability that the skill gave that I didn't know about.

Hopefully that's all there is to it...

Otoshimo wrote:
navgoose wrote:

So what's the excuse with these people wearing a bhanabra set,
with the S.S.Earing (SeeWhatIDidThar'?),
and usually a non-status weapon...
*repeated FaceTable*
idk about those people either...
imo, Mind's eye should have been a low rank skill, based on what I've seen it do on this game..
Back to top Go down
AzzraNoctul
Popo
AzzraNoctul

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 7:45 pm

Things are so dead durning nights now I dunno what I am going to do. Most of my goals are done which is nice only real "goal" I have is the 4 wyvern stones for Sinister Saint just for collection. Shame I didn't get into the online portion of Tri earlier. Just got to wait until tax time and 3DS whooooo

Topic related I upgraded my Ice SnS to max, did half of the offline double urgents. Upgraded to Amphitrite (P) need to do some more Quest lvl Quest lvl Quest lvl Quest lvl Quest lvl quest get some conquer seals and snag one Lagia sapp for Great Inceadeus.

If anyone is online 2am-5am central time hit me up, groups so late at night have been really hit and miss. Such as last night, got into a Ala city and some drama with 2 people and some guy named boon. Hunted around landed in a Lagia event city. I was getting ready and waiting for someone to post and one guy said ?????? the other guy posted Lagia I joined and the ????? guy ended up leaving /mad/ spent the night soloing trying for rust/ancient weapons.

Got none /versad/
Back to top Go down
Enkidu
Melynx
Enkidu

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 8:01 pm

Had a very good night last night cause I finally got the last gold crown I've been chasing, for a small Bari. Only took 272 of them before I finally got it Yes by vort

So now I've all awards except for the one for clearing the offline quests, guess I might have to spend a day playing by myself to get that last one.
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 1:24 pm

Meeting a lot of hackers lately.
One helped me get my second Azure Dragongem ready for Alatreon Gleam, I need 2 tails for that, two webbings for the Sword, and a few EDBs.

Also had enough Jhen Mohran Scales+ for the Helios+ Mail, and I had made the + Gauntlets in advance. I decided to use an Evasion+5 Pierce+ -10 talisman I had in conjunction with the Chakra Earring and Dark Claw "Demise" to gem in Evade+1. I need a Lazurite Jewel if I'm going to use just one weapon slot...

I also need a few things for Anguish P. I already have two Jho gems.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 33 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting Journal
Page 33 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 37 ... 41  Next