Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Please help, much appriciated, I'm having trouble setting up MHFU online thanks in advance.  Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Please help, much appriciated, I'm having trouble setting up MHFU online thanks in advance.  Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Please help, much appriciated, I'm having trouble setting up MHFU online thanks in advance.

Go down 
+3
Win32error
Yanguria
MHJoe
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MHJoe
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

Please help, much appriciated, I'm having trouble setting up MHFU online thanks in advance.  Empty
PostSubject: Please help, much appriciated, I'm having trouble setting up MHFU online thanks in advance.    Please help, much appriciated, I'm having trouble setting up MHFU online thanks in advance.  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 11:40 pm

Ok so we have the ad hoc thing 4 ps3 but its upstairs and our cp is downstairs and my family wouldn't like to see a big wire go through the house so what r my alternatives. PS. I have a laptop and do i need to set my psp up to? THANKS!
Back to top Go down
Yanguria
Kelbi
Yanguria

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd/Import
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Please help, much appriciated, I'm having trouble setting up MHFU online thanks in advance.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please help, much appriciated, I'm having trouble setting up MHFU online thanks in advance.    Please help, much appriciated, I'm having trouble setting up MHFU online thanks in advance.  Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 7:42 am

As much as I would like to help you i can't.
I'm just here to tell you that it's more likely to get a response in the appropriate section.
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Please help, much appriciated, I'm having trouble setting up MHFU online thanks in advance.    Please help, much appriciated, I'm having trouble setting up MHFU online thanks in advance.  Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 3:00 pm

Moved to MHFU section, can't help you though.
Back to top Go down
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha
BoredForLife

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code: 0490-5393-4041
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Greece

PostSubject: Re: Please help, much appriciated, I'm having trouble setting up MHFU online thanks in advance.    Please help, much appriciated, I'm having trouble setting up MHFU online thanks in advance.  Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 2:22 am

I dont think there is much to do.... I think that the ethernet cable has to be connected with the ps3... So either get a router in the room that ps3 is or get the ps3 to the room the router is and play psp on a maximum distance
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Please help, much appriciated, I'm having trouble setting up MHFU online thanks in advance.    Please help, much appriciated, I'm having trouble setting up MHFU online thanks in advance.  Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 3:02 am

I don't know much here because I don't play it online, but for Adhoc Party to work on the PS3, the PS3 MUST be hooked to an ethernet connection via Ethernet Cable so that the PS3's wireless ability can connect to your PsP to make it think it's Ad Hoc'd.

Hope this helps somehow.
Back to top Go down
Darklord004
Kelbi
Darklord004

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: Please help, much appriciated, I'm having trouble setting up MHFU online thanks in advance.    Please help, much appriciated, I'm having trouble setting up MHFU online thanks in advance.  Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 7:02 am

MHJoe wrote:
Ok so we have the ad hoc thing 4 ps3 but its upstairs and our cp is downstairs and my family wouldn't like to see a big wire go through the house so what r my alternatives. PS. I have a laptop and do i need to set my psp up to? THANKS!

there is nothing that can be done, i have the same problem, the aad hoc party only works if you ps3 has wired (ethanet cable) connection to your actual internet router ( broadband, whatever). this is the only way to use ad hoc party

Solutions:
1. move your ps3 & TV down stairs to your router
2. get another router in your room
or 3. give up like me @_@
Back to top Go down
DannyLee94
Felyne
DannyLee94

Thank you Points : 11

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd/Import

PostSubject: Re: Please help, much appriciated, I'm having trouble setting up MHFU online thanks in advance.    Please help, much appriciated, I'm having trouble setting up MHFU online thanks in advance.  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 3:43 pm

Sorry but this is all incorrect, it is indeed possible to set up ad-hoc party to play MHFU online without a wired connection directly to the router. You WILL require a laptop though. The following process works through using your laptops wireless connection to the router to create a wired connection from that laptop to the PS3.

You will require:

- a ps3
- psp
- ethernet cable that will reach laptop and ps3
- laptop
- wireless connection from the laptop to the router

Here are some tutorial videos on how to bridge the wired connection (laptop to ps3) with the wireless connection (laptop to router) in order to 'imitate' a wired connection. Be aware that you may experience occasional lag when online, but I can confirm that the method works as I have used it myself several times:

Hope this helped and let me know if you are struggling but it is well worth it if you don't mind having your laptop connected. Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please help, much appriciated, I'm having trouble setting up MHFU online thanks in advance.    Please help, much appriciated, I'm having trouble setting up MHFU online thanks in advance.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please help, much appriciated, I'm having trouble setting up MHFU online thanks in advance.
Page 1 of 1