Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate?? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate?? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate??

Go down 
+12
It's meh
Win32error
kama
dainbramage
Quentin
Godzilla2195
navgoose
Ataraxia
Blair H
MGRaiden97
Lalo
Frohze
16 posters
AuthorMessage

Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate?? Empty
PostSubject: Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate??   Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate?? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 5:50 pm

Been spamming ambush the ambusher and double trouble for two whole weeks, still no plate. Tips?
Back to top Go down
Frohze
Felyne
Frohze

Thank you Points : 1

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate??   Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate?? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 5:53 pm

sever the tail (if its a subquest) and ending the quest at camp?

EDIT: Basically, a tail run.
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate??   Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate?? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 5:57 pm

Sever tail, brake head and keep trying...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate??   Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate?? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 5:58 pm

Yes ive tried this several tens of times as well, where i complete the subquests, sever the tail, and carve, and if the plate doesnt show up i just restart. still no cigar
Back to top Go down
MGRaiden97
Cephalos
MGRaiden97

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate??   Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate?? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 6:35 pm

Headlock. Nuff said.

Why am i obsessed with headlocking?
Back to top Go down
Blair H
Melynx
Blair H

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate??   Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate?? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 6:53 pm

I'm pretty sure the fastest way to do it is by severing the tail,
then ending via sub-quest (:
(Be sure to carve the tail each time also!)
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate??   Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate?? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 6:58 pm

Then you already have the fastest way...
Back to top Go down
navgoose
Seltas Queen
navgoose

Thank you Points : 62

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate??   Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate?? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 7:46 pm

Assuming high rank, probably much faster to run Mating Season than tail runs. Use good/great luck and have at it.
Back to top Go down
Godzilla2195
Seltas
Godzilla2195

Thank you Points : 44

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate??   Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate?? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 9:14 pm

Other than what has already been stated, keep trying. I went a whole month without a plate. Keep trying.
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang
Quentin

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate??   Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate?? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 9:30 pm

Hunt with a forumer
Back to top Go down
dainbramage
Rajang
dainbramage

Thank you Points : 148

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate??   Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate?? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:06 pm

Do offline mating season. It has plates as a quest reward, nothing else does.
Back to top Go down
kama
Seltas Queen
kama

Thank you Points : 14

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate??   Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate?? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:25 am

Rub piggy, wear armor set with cap expert, Quest double trouble(sever tail/cap ian), Finger cross for the plate or an alternative quest that have ian in it, sever both(what both you said? Yus i mean both rathian that spawn in poach wyvern egg LR offline i think?) ian tail if you can under the time limit, cap both, best of luck. there many possibility, just choose one. GL!
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate??   Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate?? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:56 am

I'd say there's about two "superior" ways to do it:

1. Do mating season offline with HR weapons. If you cap ian, you'll have about 12,4% chance to get a single one (14% average). The stupid part will be where you are fighting rathalos and wondering why. If you've got a good setup, it shouldn't take too long however. The biggest advantage of doing this is the possiblity of rathalos plates.

2. Highrank tail runs. If you've got one or two others with the same objective, doing a run will take very little time. There's a 10% chance per run, so you're gonna need some focus. It'll be quite a bit faster than option nr. 1, but i personally dislike this. It feels a bit like you should have gone all the way and killed it instead of running away every time. Oh, and you'll have to capture it should one of the participants get a plate. Yields a small chance for a plate too.
Back to top Go down
dainbramage
Rajang
dainbramage

Thank you Points : 148

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate??   Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate?? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 10:38 am

Win32error wrote:

1. Do mating season offline with HR weapons. If you cap ian, you'll have about 12,4% chance to get a single one (14% average). The stupid part will be where you are fighting rathalos and wondering why. If you've got a good setup, it shouldn't take too long however. The biggest advantage of doing this is the possiblity of rathalos plates.

According to my maffs, it's a 29.638% chance usually (or a 37.152% chance with great luck and capture expert) of at least 1 plate.

And the expected values are .344 and .454 respectively.

So about 3 runs of mating season should, on average, get you a plate.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate??   Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate?? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 5:08 pm

dainbramage wrote:
Win32error wrote:

According to my maffs, it's a 29.638% chance usually (or a 37.152% chance with great luck and capture expert) of at least 1 plate.

And since this game has a sick sense of humor.... 8 runs ought to do it.
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate??   Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate?? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 6:40 pm

It's meh wrote:
dainbramage wrote:
Win32error wrote:

And since this game has a sick sense of humor.... 8 runs ought to do it.

Or when the game is feeling real moody, probably around 25 runs....
Back to top Go down
Blair H
Melynx
Blair H

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate??   Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate?? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 9:44 am

MGRaiden97 wrote:
Headlock. Nuff said.

Why am i obsessed with headlocking?
Not sure if this is the best way for plate but it is fucking amazing for farming ian/los (:
Back to top Go down
Neptyc
Bnahabra
Neptyc

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate??   Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate?? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:03 am

If you're not having any luck with a particular material,keep trying.When given the fastest method for getting said material,you can't expect anything more helpfull.Simply try,then try again....rinse and repeat until you're successfull. :o

When all else fails,you could wire money to my bank account.I'll send you the super secret code that 999ers get,along with that sexy red name,for getting better results in monster carves and rewards. ;)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate??   Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 7:49 pm

Ha thanks but no thanks ill gain those perks by earning em not paying O.o and yea i got one unexpectedly in the Moga Woods offline just trolling around two nights ago. thanks for all the tips everyone.
Back to top Go down
Neptyc
Bnahabra
Neptyc

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate??   Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 11:21 pm

Tiffy Taffy wrote:
Ha thanks but no thanks ill gain those perks by earning em not paying O.o and yea i got one unexpectedly in the Moga Woods offline just trolling around two nights ago. thanks for all the tips everyone.

Great,how am I supposed to make rent!?!? u.u

Anyway,congrats on getting the plate you needed. Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate??   Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate?? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 3:20 pm

Hush Mia I pay for your cage. Also congrts on the plate even though I did basically tell you everything that was stated through text.
Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos
elchele

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate??   Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate?? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 6:42 pm

Well i killed and caped like 20 rathians and not a single plate, severed the tail run to get the shiny nothing!!.
First week playing online, doing a lol run of rathian for someone else, carved the severed tail WTF!!! A PLATE HAHAHAHAH. Same thing happened with 2 laggy plates and i wasnt even looking for those, double trouble and i got a rathian ruby waaaath it was my urgent quest dont know wath to use it for but ive seen here and there that rubys hare really rare.

I gave up on my rathian set becouse of that and now that i have the plate i need 1 more becouse i want to upgrade my hammer /scar/
Back to top Go down
navgoose
Seltas Queen
navgoose

Thank you Points : 62

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate??   Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate?? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 1:59 pm

elchele wrote:
Well i killed and caped like 20 rathians and not a single plate, severed the tail run to get the shiny nothing!!.
First week playing online, doing a lol run of rathian for someone else, carved the severed tail WTF!!! A PLATE HAHAHAHAH. Same thing happened with 2 laggy plates and i wasnt even looking for those, double trouble and i got a rathian ruby waaaath it was my urgent quest dont know wath to use it for but ive seen here and there that rubys hare really rare.

I gave up on my rathian set becouse of that and now that i have the plate i need 1 more becouse i want to upgrade my hammer /scar/

Sigh, they made a quest with plates in the base reward section but people still refuse to do it. Cross your fingers and hope the next one drops faster doing it the hard way...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate??   Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fastest Way to Get a Rathian Plate??
Page 1 of 1