Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
What must I do to get a Rathian Plate? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
What must I do to get a Rathian Plate? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What must I do to get a Rathian Plate?

Go down 
+2
Sephastus
Jake Johnson
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jake Johnson
Khezu

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

What must I do to get a Rathian Plate? Empty
PostSubject: What must I do to get a Rathian Plate?   What must I do to get a Rathian Plate? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 9:53 am

See topic.

I am also a fan of Hammers, having a Bull Hammer, a Plume Flint, and a Ludroth Splashhammer (soon to be upgraded into a Vodyanoy Hammer.)

However I need three Machalite Ores (easy enough to find) and one Rathian Plate to finish my Rathian Armor set.

The way I fight her is I focus on hitting her head, which I believe is what I need to break to get the Plate.

I have captured her, but I prefer fighting her.

At first I thought the Bull Hammer might be the right tool - it is not as sharp as the other two hammers I own, and more hits to her face increases the odds of breaking it.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: What must I do to get a Rathian Plate?   What must I do to get a Rathian Plate? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 10:45 am

Jake Johnson wrote:
At first I thought the Bull Hammer might be the right tool - it is not as sharp as the other two hammers I own, and more hits to her face increases the odds of breaking it.

More hits does not equal more breaking.

Each breakable body part has an HP meter just like the flinch mechanic. When the monster reaches the HP meter mark for that body part, there is a chance it will break. So actually, having a really sharp, high raw weapon will break body parts quicker.

Also, getting the destruction skill will reduce the HP meter limits on the body parts, which means there is a higher chance of body parts breakign when the HP marks are reached.

I use hammers (particular, the Hunting Horn), and I see breakables fly much quicker whenever I use the higher/sharper HH over the weaker ones.
Back to top Go down
Shepherd
Felyne
Shepherd

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: What must I do to get a Rathian Plate?   What must I do to get a Rathian Plate? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 10:54 am

Until the wiki info gets updated all we have to go on is the data from tri. As such your best chances in low rank will not exceed 8% or so. Head break, tail carve, shiny drop from eating, and capture. Some quests give it as a reward like "Double Trouble" but unsure if that is the same from tri or not.

I do know that in high rank the chances doubled. Other than that all I can say is keep at it. For the rare drops in this game persistence is the soup du' jour.
Back to top Go down
Jake Johnson
Khezu

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: What must I do to get a Rathian Plate?   What must I do to get a Rathian Plate? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 10:18 am

Actually, I got one yesterday.

I went on the hunt quest, focused on her face, and when she was drooling and limping, I captured her (a valid way to end a hunt quest.)

In my rewards screen, I finally got my Rathian plate.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: What must I do to get a Rathian Plate?   What must I do to get a Rathian Plate? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 12:53 pm

Solo it with no armor TrollJho

Seriously though, cut tail, cap, lather rinse and repeat. Don't know what else to tell you.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

PostSubject: Re: What must I do to get a Rathian Plate?   What must I do to get a Rathian Plate? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 1:04 pm

or tail runs TrollJho
Back to top Go down
Myra the Sark
Felyne
Myra the Sark

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What must I do to get a Rathian Plate?   What must I do to get a Rathian Plate? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 2:48 pm

Normally I catch them to try to get the plates, but there have been times in which I carved them. There's a slightly higher chance of getting it with the Pink Rathian than the regular Rathian. ~Myra
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What must I do to get a Rathian Plate?   What must I do to get a Rathian Plate? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What must I do to get a Rathian Plate?
Page 1 of 1