Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Is Low Rank Lagi worth the plate? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Is Low Rank Lagi worth the plate? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is Low Rank Lagi worth the plate?

Go down 
+3
MasterOnion
MGRaiden97
Roihu
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Roihu
Kelbi
Roihu

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Is Low Rank Lagi worth the plate? Empty
PostSubject: Is Low Rank Lagi worth the plate?   Is Low Rank Lagi worth the plate? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 6:31 pm

So I am currently farming the offline village Lagiacrus, and I am wondering if it would be better to just stick with the Barroth armor I have equipped now or is getting Lagi's set a good idea?
Back to top Go down
MGRaiden97
Cephalos
MGRaiden97

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Is Low Rank Lagi worth the plate?   Is Low Rank Lagi worth the plate? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 6:34 pm

If it is just like Tri's lagia armor (i haven't played much yet) then it is worth getting, just for the slots and skills. resistance is bad, but when will you even get hit by elemental attacks when you are a blademaster?
Back to top Go down
MasterOnion
MasterOnion

Thank you Points : 43

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Is Low Rank Lagi worth the plate?   Is Low Rank Lagi worth the plate? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 8:19 pm

It is not like offlines lagi armor, and you'd probably be better off saving the plate for weapons instead of low rank armor.
Back to top Go down
Enkidu
Melynx
Enkidu

PostSubject: Re: Is Low Rank Lagi worth the plate?   Is Low Rank Lagi worth the plate? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 8:50 pm

As I was a fan of the lagi armor in Tri I decided to make a low rank lagi set to get me through MH3U for a bit. It was ok, but I replaced it with HR Barroth armor when I got the chance. Will prob make a HR lagi set later for underwater battles but can't really recommend the LR set that much.

Also, I've been assuming that MH3U is the same as Tri, in that if you overforge armor the skills remain the same? Given the differences in skills between LR, HR and G rank armor it really seems there's no point to overforging sets in MH3? Anyone checked this?
Back to top Go down
Jodecho
Aptonoth
Jodecho

PostSubject: Re: Is Low Rank Lagi worth the plate?   Is Low Rank Lagi worth the plate? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 10:41 pm

i never played tri so im not sure what you mean by over forging, but i was using LR barroth armor, and upgrading to HR barroth was worth it for adding higher attack and if im not mistaken more deco slots and WAY higher Defense
Back to top Go down
Enkidu
Melynx
Enkidu

PostSubject: Re: Is Low Rank Lagi worth the plate?   Is Low Rank Lagi worth the plate? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 11:40 pm

It used to be that if you kept upgrading LR armor, even using HR materials, you'd keep the original skills and slots, though the def values were the same. I did that for my lagi armor as I prefered the LR skill set to the HR skill set (LR had element up, the HR had awaken).

Guess I'll have to try upgrading my MH3U lagi set and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
bill_the_noob
Bnahabra
bill_the_noob

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): France

PostSubject: Re: Is Low Rank Lagi worth the plate?   Is Low Rank Lagi worth the plate? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 5:26 am

LR barroth armor is better; lagi is not so good
Back to top Go down
Paralykeet
Melynx
Paralykeet

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Is Low Rank Lagi worth the plate?   Is Low Rank Lagi worth the plate? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 11:28 am

Honestly, the plate is rather unimportant- Making Lagi weapons tends to consume multiple horns in addition to plates and those are particularly eye-rolling to farm early on. HR Lagi drops plates fairly often, but you'll be digging for Sapphires and Horn+s.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Low Rank Lagi worth the plate?   Is Low Rank Lagi worth the plate? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is Low Rank Lagi worth the plate?
Page 1 of 1