Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ?

Go down 
+7
Yuki
Godzilla2195
Blair H
It's meh
Win32error
Vivi
Thewarrior1
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Thewarrior1
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ? Empty
PostSubject: I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ?   I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 6:44 pm

Hi thier guys i have recently purchased a wii console.. i have been lookin at buying monster hunter tri as it looks like one of the best looking games on the console!

just a few questions ..

1. Is thier lots of hours of gameplay?
2. Is it worth buying ?
3. I thier still alot of online players playing ?
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Najarala
Vivi

Thank you Points : 46

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): My connectivity is fine, thank you.

I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ?   I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 7:00 pm

1. Monster hunter is a vastly online orientated game, with most of its gameplay based on online co-op. If you are able to go online, it has hundreds of hours of gameplay value; but I have seen people go into the thousands and making low ranked subs to start over.

2. If you like a game that is mostly based on its hunting experience rather than storyline, id reccomend it. Tri is not known for in depth storyline, but the fights are always different and there are multiple weapons and armors to make from the monsters you face along the way. That imo more than makes up for it.

3. There are more players on the EU server than on the US server I believe...A typical day on the EU server has between 800-1200 players at peak times. However unless you speak Italian/Spanish/French/German and English, you wont understand them all.
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u2509
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ?   I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 7:06 pm

Moved to the Tri section. The city hall is for organizing hunts.

Tri is definitely worth getting. While the online mode might be suffering from age, the offline mode is defnitely worth your money. Due to the relatively low difficulty, it's also a good game to start with, should you become addicted ;).
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ?   I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 7:26 pm

Win32error wrote:
Moved to the Tri section. The city hall is for organizing hunts.

Tri is definitely worth getting. While the online mode might be suffering from age, the offline mode is defnitely worth your money. Due to the relatively low difficulty, it's also a good game to start with, should you become addicted ;).
There is a low difficulty if you learn how to play the game imo.
I can't really hand the game over to someone who hasn't played a monster hunter game and expect them to do so well.
hell, my bro lost to a great jaggi when he kept telling me how easy the game looked XD.

But yes, the game is pretty easy, only if you are used to the game and know what you're doing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ?   I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 7:30 pm

gameplay weighs in at 200-300 hours if you intend on getting your ideal armor sets together, finishing online, and all the weapons of your choice style. If you choose to try out every style, wayyyyyy longer.

Definitely worth it for a wii game. Had me playing it for at least 6 months, which is a good time period for a wii game. Typically games for Wii are not immersive enough and offer limited experience, albeit pretty cool and interesting. Tri is completely different. Definitely a must-get for wii owners.

The online population is waning but I don't think this will cause you problems. Plus, you can always ask forum members to hunt with you, and thats when it gets REALLY fun.
Back to top Go down
Blair H
Melynx
Blair H

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ?   I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 7:32 pm

Tri is a great game, with awesome value for money. There are hundreds of hours worth of gameplay, I wouldn't be surprised if you could top more than 1000 hours playing.
There are always different things to do. You will be fighting the same monsters quite alot, much like the other games but each hunt is different, it's even better online, playing with different people, experiencing different styles of play and seeing the different ways people tackle some monsters. With a variety of weapons, it's hard to get bored from the combat, and if you do, just switch weapon, each requiring a different style of play.

The game is definitely worth getting if you are new to the series, or even a veteran MH player. It's a great game all round. It's slightly easier than the previous games but it's just as fun, if not funner due to the multiplayer.

The playerbase is respectable for a slightly dated game, with around 800 - 1000+ on the EU servers. I'm not sure about the US though, but I suppose you could just ask a US user.
Although, since it's EU people will be speaking different languages so it'd be useful to have some knowledge of languages (French,German,Italian,Spanish) but if you don't, just use Google Translate xD.

On a whole, the game is worth the money, the gameplay value is great, multiplayer is great and the singleplayer is awesome too.

Cmon, do the right thing. Buy. It.
Back to top Go down
Godzilla2195
Seltas
Godzilla2195

Thank you Points : 44

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ?   I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:11 am

Tri is one of the best games on the Wii. Cheap as it is now, you'd be a fool not to buy it.

I've been playing almost 900 hours, and I haven't done nearly everything.

Enough for everyone to enjoy the game. Usually about 500 people in each of the active servers. 800 on a good day.

Now, go buy it, so we can hunt with you.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ?   I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 1:14 pm

Sapphire wrote:
1. Monster hunter is a vastly online orientated game, with most of its gameplay based on online co-op. If you are able to go online, it has hundreds of hours of gameplay value; but I have seen people go into the thousands and making low ranked subs to start over.

2. If you like a game that is mostly based on its hunting experience rather than storyline, id reccomend it. Tri is not known for in depth storyline, but the fights are always different and there are multiple weapons and armors to make from the monsters you face along the way. That imo more than makes up for it.

3. There are more players on the EU server than on the US server I believe...A typical day on the EU server has between 800-1200 players at peak times. However unless you speak Italian/Spanish/French/German and English, you wont understand them all.

I haven't seen those amounts in the US since late 2010 to early 2011 usually it's rare for that many people on.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Najarala
Vivi

Thank you Points : 46

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): My connectivity is fine, thank you.

PostSubject: Re: I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ?   I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 3:41 pm

Yuki wrote:

I haven't seen those amounts in the US since late 2010 to early 2011 usually it's rare for that many people on.

Well thats because I was talking about the EU server, not the US...but hey thanks for reading it.
Ill just quote myself to point out the part you seemed to have missed.
Sapphire wrote:
...A typical day on the EU server has between 800-1200 players at peak times.
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u2509
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ?   I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 4:23 pm

Sapphire wrote:
Yuki wrote:

Well thats because I was talking about the EU server, not the US...but hey thanks for reading it.
Ill just quote myself to point out the part you seemed to have missed.
Sapphire wrote:
...A typical day on the EU server has between 800-1200 players at peak times.

Wasn't Yuki just stating that the US servers has alot less players than the EU servers?

Or maybe I just read it wrong. /yes/ Actually, I probably did. /yes/
Back to top Go down
Monster Hunter Cade
Popo
Monster Hunter Cade

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ?   I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 5:33 pm

Tri is SO worth it. Although it doesnt have as amny monsters as other monster hunter games, i think its way funner.
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang
Quentin

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ?   I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 8:02 pm

Do chickens not have lips?
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ?   I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 8:37 pm

Quentin wrote:
You just have to look hard enough.
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang
Quentin

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ?   I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 10:54 pm

It's meh wrote:
Quentin wrote:
You just have to look hard enough.

Like the donkey at the end of the rainbow
Back to top Go down
Kurtz
Kurtz

Thank you Points : 21

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ?   I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:09 am

HOLY DERAIL BATMAN

Locked since the question's been answered D:

But, for further tips. Ratings for it have been better for Tri than other MH's b/c of the easier gameplay. So, deff get it~~~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ?   I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I have just recently bought a wii and i am looking at getting monster hunter tri is it worth it ?
Page 1 of 1