Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Play Tri, Still don't know about skills Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Play Tri, Still don't know about skills Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Play Tri, Still don't know about skills

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Play Tri, Still don't know about skills Empty
PostSubject: Play Tri, Still don't know about skills   Play Tri, Still don't know about skills Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 9:04 pm

Well hello...
Now this is something that have been bugging me since... I forgot.
Its that even after finishing the game and getting High rank armor and weapons I still don't know how the armor skills, gem skills, or the mixtures works...
So, can someone help me?
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Play Tri, Still don't know about skills   Play Tri, Still don't know about skills Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 9:13 pm

NOOB! just kidding, I found out pretty late too.

Its like simple math, some armors give you certain points for a skill.
Ex: Jho head gives +5 attack, Jaggi arm gives +3 and Barroth leg +2

you have +10 attack points, which means you unlocked attack (S)

But the Deviljho head has space for 3 slots!, you go to the armory and create decos, which held points for skills. you create the decoration with 5 attack points, put that to your jho head and you now have +10+2+3=15=attack M

And you own a talisman with Atack+5 now you have 10+3+2+5=20= attack L

(hope I didnt confuse you more)
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Play Tri, Still don't know about skills   Play Tri, Still don't know about skills Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 9:59 pm

Lalo wrote:
NOOB! just kidding, I found out pretty late too.

Its like simple math, some armors give you certain points for a skill.
Ex: Jho head gives +5 attack, Jaggi arm gives +3 and Barroth leg +2

you have +10 attack points, which means you unlocked attack (S)

But the Deviljho head has space for 3 slots!, you go to the armory and create decos, which held points for skills. you create the decoration with 5 attack points, put that to your jho head and you now have +10+2+3=15=attack M

And you own a talisman with Atack+5 now you have 10+3+2+5=20= attack L

(hope I didnt confuse you more)
So its simple math? I though that mixing armors was bad because you didn;t look cool... I mean, because of the resistance and defense, but you rarely need resistance
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Play Tri, Still don't know about skills   Play Tri, Still don't know about skills Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 10:01 pm

depends on the armor. Even complete Dober/Bone/Ura looks horrible baaad
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Najarala
Vivi

Thank you Points : 46

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): My connectivity is fine, thank you.

PostSubject: Re: Play Tri, Still don't know about skills   Play Tri, Still don't know about skills Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 10:22 pm

Okay armor skills are the skilled unlocked when wearing an armor set that has enough points to active a skill or skills. They can be either be posotive (in white), negative (In red), or non-accountable.

Now for points..
All armors (except chakra) have skill points, skills are activated when a certain amount of points are accumulated on the skill tree.

These skills... Evasion, Whim, Hearing, Heat/cold resistances Gathering, Guard, Fate, Speed eating, Hunger, Current/wind resistance and Gourmand can be upgraded once unlocked as they can have +15 points instead of +10, which increases the effectiveness of these skills.

Heres an example- Earplugs = +10 points in Hearing skill
HG Earplugs = +15 points in Hearing skill.

These skills... Attack up, Defence up, Elemental resistances, Precision, Recoil, Reload, Recovery level/speed, Ammo boosts (Pierce, Pellet, Crag, Normal and Clust) and Wide Range, can be upgraded twice when you have +10 points or more.

Heres an example- Recoil down-1 = +10 points in recoil skill
Recoil down-2 = +15 points in recoil skill
Recoil down-3 = +20 points in recoil skill

Wide Range is active at +10 points for wide range +1, but for +2 you need +20 points for it.
Minds Eye is the only skill I can think of that needs +15 points in order to be active at all, and not be active at +10.

Skills that will be clear/not highlighted means it is active, but it wont count. This only happens if you put a gunner skill on blademaster set (eg. Reload), a blademaster skill on a gunner set (eg. speed sharpen) or when you have a skill like Guard up/boost that requires a certain weapon type to work. In this case it needs a shield so if you equip a lance these skills are active (white). But if you equip a longsword (inb4guandao) it will not be highlighted as it cannot guard, so it will not be active..but still be there. This is a non- accountable skill.

Negative skills are those in red. If you get enough negative points in a skill, they become active.
Lagiacrus armor is a good example of this. Notice it has the +10 skill Element Attack up and the -10 negative skill Status Attack Down.

Talismans can either be A, B or C skills.
A skills are a max of +4 or +3 and 1 slot.
B skills are a max of +7 and 2 slots.
C skills are a max or +10 and 2 slots.

Sorry for the large post x.x
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u2509
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Play Tri, Still don't know about skills   Play Tri, Still don't know about skills Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 11:38 pm

Violet wrote:
Okay armor skills are the skilled unlocked when wearing an armor set that has enough points to active a skill or skills. They can be either be posotive (in white), negative (In red), or non-accountable.

Now for points..
All armors (except chakra) have skill points, skills are activated when a certain amount of points are accumulated on the skill tree.

These skills... Evasion, Whim, Hearing, Heat/cold resistances Gathering, Guard, Fate, Speed eating, Hunger, Current/wind resistance and Gourmand can be upgraded once unlocked as they can have +15 points instead of +10, which increases the effectiveness of these skills.

Heres an example- Earplugs = +10 points in Hearing skill
HG Earplugs = +15 points in Hearing skill.

These skills... Attack up, Defence up, Elemental resistances, Precision, Recoil, Reload, Recovery level/speed, Ammo boosts (Pierce, Pellet, Crag, Normal and Clust) and Wide Range, can be upgraded twice when you have +10 points or more.

Heres an example- Recoil down-1 = +10 points in recoil skill
Recoil down-2 = +15 points in recoil skill
Recoil down-3 = +20 points in recoil skill

Wide Range is active at +10 points for wide range +1, but for +2 you need +20 points for it.
Minds Eye is the only skill I can think of that needs +15 points in order to be active at all, and not be active at +10.

Skills that will be clear/not highlighted means it is active, but it wont count. This only happens if you put a gunner skill on blademaster set (eg. Reload), a blademaster skill on a gunner set (eg. speed sharpen) or when you have a skill like Guard up/boost that requires a certain weapon type to work. In this case it needs a shield so if you equip a lance these skills are active (white). But if you equip a longsword (inb4guandao) it will not be highlighted as it cannot guard, so it will not be active..but still be there. This is a non- accountable skill.

Negative skills are those in red. If you get enough negative points in a skill, they become active.
Lagiacrus armor is a good example of this. Notice it has the +10 skill Element Attack up and the -10 negative skill Status Attack Down.

Talismans can either be A, B or C skills.
A skills are a max of +4 or +3 and 1 slot.
B skills are a max of +7 and 2 slots.
C skills are a max or +10 and 2 slots.

Sorry for the large post x.x
Thanks, it helps a lot. I knew about the negative and positive skills, but never really paid attention to it (except Ceadeus' Blunt edge). Now comes the trial and error in battle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Play Tri, Still don't know about skills   Play Tri, Still don't know about skills Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Play Tri, Still don't know about skills
Page 1 of 1