Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Mushihimesama-Futari, Touhou, and more... Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Mushihimesama-Futari, Touhou, and more... Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mushihimesama-Futari, Touhou, and more...

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

Mushihimesama-Futari, Touhou, and more... Empty
PostMushihimesama-Futari, Touhou, and more...

So I just discovered about these bullet hell shooters and seen videos of them, their epic music, and chaotic bullet dodging nature, and now more than ever I have a obsession to play them and push my gaming abilities to new limits and beyond, just curious, who else has played these? And if you did, how did you honestly fair against them?

EDITED IN FROM PAGE 2 POST:

See the red dot inside the yellow glowing circle in the player? If that gets hit (only part you can be damaged) you die instantly.

Last edited by Nova on Tue May 21, 2013 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Mushihimesama-Futari, Touhou, and more... :: Comments

Andrew.
Re: Mushihimesama-Futari, Touhou, and more...
Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:38 am by Andrew.
I've played Mushihimasam Futari, and I did get to the final boss, and did win, but it took a long time...

It just takes a lot of concentration and awareness of hitboxes :P
Tarath
Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:30 am by Tarath
I enjoy playing Touhou, the fanbase is massive and crazy, and the games are like rly hard.
Oni Zelkami
Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:42 am by Oni Zelkami
For those not in the know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQZuidKexBQ
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:02 pm by Phazon Xenomorph
Shin Zelkami wrote:
For those not in the know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQZuidKexBQ

Yeah that's a decent one but he dies too much =P

Also I've been watching final boss vids for Touhou 11 subterranean animism, so colorful!
Tarath
Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:56 am by Tarath
Psh, that one's easy.

You want a challenge? SA stage 5 or Touhou 12: Undefined Fantastic Object... pretty much any stage on lunatic. Gogogo!
dcj91x
Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:04 am by dcj91x
I like shooters like this... I like making them even more... One of the reasons I like the 3DS so much (It has a lot of shooters on there).. One of the eshop programs on it also lets you make old school shooters and share them with others.. there are many other "Games" that let you make and share shooters as well....

But one of the problems I often find with a lot of them is that they try to make them so difficulty that they leave the "Fun" aspect out... It doesn't always have to be impossible.

Oh.. just reamembered...

If you have a wii and about $5.. there is a game if you can still find it called Blast works.. It allows you to make just about any kind of shooter you can think of..

Spoiler:

anyways... apologies if I derailed the thread a bit...
GobulHunterJames
Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:23 am by GobulHunterJames
I'm a major Touhou fan, can name all game characters in name of appearance from touhou 1 to 13 and can also name the characters by just listening to their theme. I've got a few touhou vids on youtube although I'm nowhere near the best. (My youtube name is Groudonsbest)
3GB of my MP3 is touhou songs and I've got all the touhou games on my computer.
And 1 little thing I'm happy about, my birthday is the same as ZUNs (Touhou's creator)

dcj, you should try touhou, it's more player friendly than others, especially touhou 13, ZUN even made 13 easier so more fans could play the games and unlike most other Shmups, you only need to beat the game on normal mode to unlock the extra boss (whose difficulty is measured between normal and hard), whereas most others need to to go through a god mode of some kind. ZUN has demo versions of the games available for download for free which go up to stage 3 for anyone who wants to try before they buy. :3

Side note: the first 5 touhou games can only be run on a PC-98 Emulator. Touhou 6 is the first windows version game.

I guess Zuko likes the character Mokou (since that's the character in their avatar)
dcj91x
Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:13 am by dcj91x
GobulHunterJames wrote:
dcj, you should try touhou, it's more player friendly than others, especially touhou 13, ZUN even made 13 easier

Easier doesn't exactly concern me and I have played several of the games...

I keep getting the many of the shooters even if I can't beat them.. I just like them..
Otoshimo
Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:43 pm by Otoshimo
Lool Touhou is a pretty awesome series, but the main thing I like about it is all focused around the music. The games are high on my list of favorites but the music is more what got me into it

the fanbase sure is so Fuggin weird tho XD my gawd some of the most otakuifed people I know even shudder a little when we bring up touhou fandom
Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:02 pm by Guest
i thought nova hated things related to anime?

or am i thinking of someone else o_O

anyways, considering touhou, I don't like the game (although I would probably get addicted to it if i gave it a chance)

however, I love the music within the games and also love the characters and art.
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:24 pm by Phazon Xenomorph
Vortiene wrote:
i thought nova hated things related to anime?

or am i thinking of someone else o_O

anyways, considering touhou, I don't like the game (although I would probably get addicted to it if i gave it a chance)

however, I love the music within the games and also love the characters and art.

I don't hate anime, that's definitely someone else.

Right now I'm enjoying Bleach (lol Ulquiorra got pwnt...imo Ichigo's hollow form is Vasto Lorde)

As far as touhou goes, I'm just looking for more insane challenges to push my gaming ability to the limit, hence my sudden interest in these bullet hell shooters like Touhou and Mushihimesama-futari, also I saw Ikaruga (or whatever its called) videos and while its not as fast paced or bullet insane, i do like the concept of switching colors over and over, combine that with like say, Mushihimesama and dear god the challenge.
Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:31 pm by Guest
Nova wrote:

Right now I'm enjoying Bleach (lol Ulquiorra got pwnt...imo Ichigo's hollow form is Vasto Lorde)

/no/ Bleach doesn't count

Nova wrote:

I'm just looking for more insane challenges to push my gaming ability to the limit,

Dark souls, get to max level, thats a challenge :P
dcj91x
Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:50 pm by dcj91x
ahuuuugghhh.. Bleach... Is that really anime? (Vort beat me to it) That's like saying Naturo is anima also...

But Nova, I do understand you want of a "Gaming Challenge"....

My main problem is the cookie cutter games that seem to be out now and days.. Remake after remake of the same game..

Shooters are ammusing and offer a challenge, that's why I think I keep playing themm.. but most seem the same to me.. I think I do like the ones that add better story lines though.. and other things..

Have you seen:

Liberation Maiden

Spoiler:
GobulHunterJames
Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:14 am by GobulHunterJames
dcj91x wrote:
Have you seen:

Liberation Maiden
I've got it and played through it.
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:20 pm by Phazon Xenomorph
dcj91x wrote:
ahuuuugghhh.. Bleach... Is that really anime? (Vort beat me to it) That's like saying Naturo is anima also...

But Nova, I do understand you want of a "Gaming Challenge"....

My main problem is the cookie cutter games that seem to be out now and days.. Remake after remake of the same game..

Shooters are ammusing and offer a challenge, that's why I think I keep playing themm.. but most seem the same to me.. I think I do like the ones that add better story lines though.. and other things..

Have you seen:

Liberation Maiden

Spoiler:

lol I don't see why people hate on bleach, im not one of those types who goes super fanboy over an anime, I like the plot and setting. The animes I truly miss are the original Zoids and original DBZ's (none of that GT or Kai stuff).

But yeah I'm always on this binge to prove myself to myself about my own ability to game so I have to push my limits.
Otoshimo
Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:49 am by Otoshimo
^ I know I hate on bleach cuz it's like everything is drawn out over 20 episodes >_>

and YES!!! ZOIDS!!! that was like the best thing ever back in the day :D

Ah the age when I didn't even know anime was a word, but I knew I loved watch giant robot animals & dinosaurs frieggin blow chit up & slaughter each other... good times...
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:01 am by Phazon Xenomorph
Otoshimo wrote:
^ I know I hate on bleach cuz it's like everything is drawn out over 20 episodes >_>

and YES!!! ZOIDS!!! that was like the best thing ever back in the day :D

Ah the age when I didn't even know anime was a word, but I knew I loved watch giant robot animals & dinosaurs frieggin blow chit up & slaughter each other... good times...

Just because it's drawn out so long doesn't mean it's not good though, sometimes length is needed for plot, otherwise if you have too much action and not enough talk then people wonder what's going on.
Win32error
Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:16 am by Win32error
Guys, this is not the place to discuss anime. Also, hasn't this debate been done a bit too often? Keep it to Bullet hell please.

I've never really been for Tohou, maybe because i'm not too good at it. It just requires a bit too much perfection for my taste. Still, the community seems to be great at developing and improving the games.
Andrew.
Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:21 am by Andrew.
I should really play Touhou...
Bullet hell games are rather fun to play, especially on hardest difficulty. C:
dcj91x
Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:56 am by dcj91x
GobulHunterJames wrote:
dcj91x wrote:
Have you seen:

Liberation Maiden
I've got it and played through it.

It just released here in the US on Thursday and I downloaded it for the $8 cost.

Voice acting, story, and the look of it are pretty great! The game is short but does offer replay value IMO but to get the most challenge you have to play on hard mode.

It's defiantly different than other bullet storm shooters. The touch screen targeting adds in a new challenge and a bit of fun. Not all is perfect though. Once you really get the hang of it thers a lot you can ... Skip, by knowing what to target and what to ignore all together if you just want to beat your time. But for a high score you really do have to go after everything.

It also has a few unlocks for story elements. So I would say its worth getting if you like shooters hand have $8 and a 3DS. You won't be playing it forever but you will be coming back to it quite a bit I think just for fun.
Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:56 pm by Guest
Nova wrote:

lol I don't see why people hate on bleach, im not one of those types who goes super fanboy over an anime, I like the plot and setting. The animes I truly miss are the original Zoids and original DBZ's (none of that GT or Kai stuff).

But yeah I'm always on this binge to prove myself to myself about my own ability to game so I have to push my limits.

I hate on bleach because it is bad, not because it is bleach. If it was good i wouldn't hate on it, but it is bad. Any anime that continues too long and separates itself from the actual original content ends up being crappy.
dcj91x
Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:36 pm by dcj91x
I like how everyone drops the subject but Vort sees fit to carry it on.

Back to the point of the post.

I was just curious do you all think games like these need story lines? The main point is to really just challenge yourself and see how high your score can get so does a story line really help and keep the game more interesting or just waste time?

Personally I think it depends on the gameplay its self.
Otoshimo
Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:25 pm by Otoshimo
dcj91x wrote:
I like how everyone drops the subject but Vort sees fit to carry it on.

Back to the point of the post.

I was just curious do you all think games like these need story lines? The main point is to really just challenge yourself and see how high your score can get so does a story line really help and keep the game more interesting or just waste time?

Personally I think it depends on the gameplay its self.

Well vort pretty much covers what I said, bleach is too drawn out with not enough entertainment per episode to really grasp it's viewers in wholeheartedly.

But to answer your pregunta dcj, I think some story helps with these games, to a degree.

Of coarse a good plot for whatever's going on to be going on. But in particular, spme character development & connect always draws in more of a crowd. It's nice to see it and have some kind of connect with your audience, but It's not necessary just that little extea mile to appreciate.

But like with Touhou, that friggin isn't gonna fly with the kajiutillon characters in that series XD
GobulHunterJames
Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:35 am by GobulHunterJames
Good thing about Touhou, ZUN makes the characters and stories, gives them their powers, hints at their personality, and leaves the rest to the fans.

Mushihimesama-Futari, Touhou, and more...

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next