Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline MHFU edition Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline MHFU edition Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Question Hotline MHFU edition

Go down 
+19
veryAnnoying@jay
Armoured Barioth
AzzraNoctul
Yuki
Arkenaw
sporktastic91
Tomderdepp
laoshanicrus
Dragsaw
GobulHunterJames
IBGenius
BoredForLife
ScienceJesus
kama
Deridor
InstaCakes
Lalo
GrashXL002
Win32error
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

The Question Hotline MHFU edition Empty
PostSubject: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 4:59 pm

Seems like there's still a lot of questions about MHFU around, which may be due to the (somewhat) lacking information on the wiki. So, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask them here, they'll be answered as fast as possible.
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 7:47 pm

How do I get thunderbug juice, I need that stuff BADLY.
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 8:44 pm

High rank i think.

Thunderbugs are gonna start appearing on the maps.

ok, what the hell? I have been farming plessy and green plessy for small lobster shells

I got over 86 green plessy scales and just 2 lobster shells, is there a way to get them faster?
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 6:38 am

Lalo wrote:
ok, what the hell? I have been farming plessy and green plessy for small lobster shells

I got over 86 green plessy scales and just 2 lobster shells, is there a way to get them faster?
Try capturing it. I think it can fall to a Pitfall trap, but in any case Shock Traps work too.

By the way, Grash, the Snowy Mountains and Swamp Veggie Elders trade Dragonmoss and Dragonwood for Thunderbug Juice, and occasionally for Monster Fluid.

I seem to have insane troubles with Rajang. I've only ever slain one, and all my efforts and preparation seem to be rendered useless whatever weapon I choose. I've only killed him with Ceanataur S armour and Hi Frost Edge. I've tried applying Tigrex tactics (attack from sides/back, run when Rajang is pissed) but I just can't manage it. Grrrr.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 6:51 am

Mr Stark wrote:
Lalo wrote:

Try capturing it. I think it can fall to a Pitfall trap, but in any case Shock Traps work too.

By the way, Grash, the Snowy Mountains and Swamp Veggie Elders trade Dragonmoss and Dragonwood for Thunderbug Juice, and occasionally for Monster Fluid.

I seem to have insane troubles with Rajang. I've only ever slain one, and all my efforts and preparation seem to be rendered useless whatever weapon I choose. I've only killed him with Ceanataur S armour and Hi Frost Edge. I've tried applying Tigrex tactics (attack from sides/back, run when Rajang is pissed) but I just can't manage it. Grrrr.

THANK YOU!!!

I actually HAVE dragonwood from sending that cat (Treshi I think it's name is) to the Jungle with 300 pokke points, but I'll only get one thunderbug juice and I need like, 4? Sad by vort

Thanks anyway!
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 10:45 am

Okay, so apparently Narga S Gunner and Lao-Shan Cannon is the way to go with Rajang. Only carted once.

I have another question: Do Dung Bombs work on a Tigrex? I have to do the 9-star Land of the Tremors...
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 2:05 pm

Mr Stark wrote:
Okay, so apparently Narga S Gunner and Lao-Shan Cannon is the way to go with Rajang. Only carted once.

I have another question: Do Dung Bombs work on a Tigrex? I have to do the 9-star Land of the Tremors...

I think so.

Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 7:41 am

Actually, no, they don't. Seriously, Dungbombs don't work on Tigrex. Found out the hard way in Land of the Tremors when Tigrex 2 came in... X_X
Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 3:32 pm

Mr Stark wrote:
Actually, no, they don't. Seriously, Dungbombs don't work on Tigrex. Found out the hard way in Land of the Tremors when Tigrex 2 came in... X_X

I used a dung bomb or two on land of the tremors, I remember it working somewhat... Either way, it'd be best to bring some along unless you REALLY need that inv slot.

Worst case scenario, you have a smelly tigrex. Giving it a try would be a heck of a lot better than trying to fight them both at the same time...
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 12:22 pm

Actually I cleared it without too much trouble. Carted twice like in the Guild urgent but I made it.

Any tips for the Terra Shogun Ceanataur? I hate him, his extending claws and water jets. I'm thinking of gunning him with the same set I used for Rajang (Narga S Gunner with Blademaster Helm gemmed for Constitution +2 and Combo Success +15%) or my Death Stench S + Melahoa Flower Z "Helm" combination, which grants me Auto Reload, Status Attack Up and Bullet Limit. I'm sick of trying to use swords on him!

And on an unrelated note: How do you unlock the Rainbow colouring for S-Series armour?
Just wondering, because my friend killed Rajang twice and unlocked it. I've done Rajang twice and haven't. Help?
Back to top Go down
kama
Seltas Queen
kama

Thank you Points : 14

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 1:58 pm

Im practically feel dazed from MHFU. Im HR4 in the guild and 8 Star In Nekoht quest. I finally made my Monoblos U Armor along with Weiss Cresent( *rant: took me 1 month to gather all the mats) which i totally love sharpness+1 and adrenaline+2. I was thinking I should work on the guild hall since I did not focus there as much. I got a question, can i upgrade my True devil slicer to wailing clear yet by any chance. I know that i need Tigerex mats if I recalled. Also, what would you do at my current HR because I never got this far( refering to weapon i should forge, etc....)
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 7:30 pm

I was on that part of the game before i lost my memory card...

I have a question! I dont know if it is just the desire sensor laughing at me but I cant get a plate or/and a spike from ian, I want them for the long sword and I am past the 25 ian mark, I have tried capping or killing a bunch but in the end I got none of the items I need.

does pink ian has better drop rate?
Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 8:16 pm

Mr Stark wrote:
Actually I cleared it without too much trouble. Carted twice like in the Guild urgent but I made it.

Any tips for the Terra Shogun Ceanataur? I hate him, his extending claws and water jets. I'm thinking of gunning him with the same set I used for Rajang (Narga S Gunner with Blademaster Helm gemmed for Constitution +2 and Combo Success +15%) or my Death Stench S + Melahoa Flower Z "Helm" combination, which grants me Auto Reload, Status Attack Up and Bullet Limit. I'm sick of trying to use swords on him!

And on an unrelated note: How do you unlock the Rainbow colouring for S-Series armour?
Just wondering, because my friend killed Rajang twice and unlocked it. I've done Rajang twice and haven't. Help?

You have to specifically beat the quest "final invitation", dual rajang. Which is to say you have to beat EVERY village elder quest (not nekoht).

If you did that and it's not working, idk...
Back to top Go down
ScienceJesus
Felyne

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd/Import
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:33 am

kama wrote:
Im practically feel dazed from MHFU. Im HR4 in the guild and 8 Star In Nekoht quest. I finally made my Monoblos U Armor along with Weiss Cresent( *rant: took me 1 month to gather all the mats) which i totally love sharpness+1 and adrenaline+2. I was thinking I should work on the guild hall since I did not focus there as much. I got a question, can i upgrade my True devil slicer to wailing clear yet by any chance. I know that i need Tigerex mats if I recalled. Also, what would you do at my current HR because I never got this far( refering to weapon i should forge, etc....)

Sorry, unfortunately wailing cleaver requires g-rank materials.
Back to top Go down
ScienceJesus
Felyne

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd/Import
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:36 am

Lalo wrote:

I have a question! I dont know if it is just the desire sensor laughing at me but I cant get a plate or/and a spike from ian, I want them for the long sword and I am past the 25 ian mark, I have tried capping or killing a bunch but in the end I got none of the items I need.

I myself am not too sure but with rathalos the silver rath gives you the most chances (i think) of getting rubies and plates so i assume that killing a pink rath would have a higher success rate of getting a plate. not so sure about a spike, however.
Back to top Go down
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha
BoredForLife

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code: 0490-5393-4041
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Greece

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 2:14 am

Lalo wrote:

Ive never looted anything good from a pink rathian ,not that I have it on farm status but yeah nothing too good... Gooden one though... Yeah yiu will most probably get what you want from her
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 6:25 pm

What's the difference between low rank guild 3* and 1/2*?

They're the SAME monster quests, just with different name and higher rewards.

I'm assuming the monster is SLIGHTLY stronger, but I don't really know.
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 6:46 pm

the fisrt ones are weaker.

wow, one rathian gave me the two items I needed.
why cant the other rathians be like that?
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 6:53 pm

How do I get battlefield jewels?

They haven't even APPEARED in my decorations.
Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 8:11 pm

GrashXL002 wrote:
How do I get battlefield jewels?

They haven't even APPEARED in my decorations.

Mining is the best way, any of the village mining spots and most likely lots of the ones in the volcano area.
Back to top Go down
kama
Seltas Queen
kama

Thank you Points : 14

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 4:25 am

Spoiler:

Sorry, unfortunately wailing cleaver requires g-rank materials.
Well so much for that, Ill go ahead and rank as much as I can before tackling Narga and Rajing......
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 6:38 am

Ummm, another monster question...

Are the 1/2* HR1 monsters the SAME strength as village elder monsters? Or weaker than village elder monsters? I was just wondering because if they're weaker I'll go do Rathalos and Rathian, and try to get to HR2.

If they're the same, that must mean 3*+ monsters are stronger than village elder monsters? But, I'd still EASILY be able to boost myself up to HR2.

Also, how do I get hornitaur heads?

Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 6:47 am

I'm fairly certain 1 and 2 star monsters are equal to the village monsters. Also, you don;t need to do any of them for hr 2 (just making sure you know!)

3 stars are definitely a bit more difficult to beat than the village ones, though all I really know is that their health is higher (due to being intended for multiple players), but for the most part that only makes them take longer to kill, though that often can be the deciding factor in a difficult fight haha.

Hornetaur heads... what do you need them for? Obviously you would want to kill horneturs (always watch out for the multi-hornetaur quests!), but I have no clue if they're low or high rank...

I lost my psp, so I can't check anything
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 8:04 am

I think Hornetaur Heads can be gotten in any rank, but they're a bit rare. Spam some Neopteron quests, you'll get a few.
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 11:42 am

Nvm, I did a poison coating spam run and got the 2 I need.

And I needed them for the Sonic Bow II.

New question: how do I get hermitaur claws? Is it from daimyo or can I just get them from regular hermitaurs? I'm assuming regular hermitaurs because I've done a bunch of daimyo runs and no luck with getting them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline MHFU edition   The Question Hotline MHFU edition Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Question Hotline MHFU edition
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next