Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 28 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 28 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread

Go down 
+85
Ken Kurobasa
Shindouz
A Drunk Ninja
Raptor98
Raecarmicheal
Vivi
GobulHunterJames
Tarath
RupertKnight
Big Boss
Cambell
Armoured Barioth
PerfectHeaD
Firpi
Tomderdepp
Fazermint
Crystalis
Ataraxia
MetaMarx
Ticky
Roik
Darklinghunter
Win32error
comaprison
evahnulahm
devilution
Will
Slyffer
ShadowCeadeusDM324
TheLaw
Craeme
opok8
Enkidu
CottonEyedJho
Sephastus
Chagrilled
haruno
frostymm
Evilpwner
Randomhunter
Edsain
Andy124
HaBa912
Jake Johnson
sakura808
Shepherd
Sir Tristen
IceMage88
enemy61390
Azurian
Saisei
PixelP
PAiN---
Yuki
Hawkfriend
Dragsaw
MasterOnion
elchele
kama
IBGenius
Oni Zelkami
Lucas
bill_the_noob
E&Troy
Traiaprax
Silverwind
Antari18
Outkin
Atalanta
Tirith
Volke
Sai_
flyingdingus
Snagglux
Gilgames
Quentin
Arkenaw
parasky
DanielisAwesome52
dcj91x
It's meh
TKMT
MHWF
Lalo
laoshanicrus
89 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 35 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

Thank you Points : 4

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 7:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

this is a thread to post questions for monster hunter U (both wiiu and 3ds versions),
just ask anything related to mhu gameplay,tips,general info,etc.

examples

Spoiler:

Last edited by laoshanicrus on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 1:40 pm

Crystalis wrote:
And I'm still sitting here slowly working my way through the village quests. -.-

hahaha... yeah... feel ya. All this talk of cruel kings an g rank ala. the mountain looks mighty big. and mighty fun.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 4:28 pm

When you use the bow, and a certain ammo is highlighted (like rapid fire capable ammo in LBG) what does that mean?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 4:58 pm

PAiN--- wrote:
When you use the bow, and a certain ammo is highlighted (like rapid fire capable ammo in LBG) what does that mean?

It means that it gives the coating a boost.
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 11:54 pm

Firpi wrote:
Crystalis wrote:
And I'm still sitting here slowly working my way through the village quests. -.-

hahaha... yeah... feel ya. All this talk of cruel kings an g rank ala. the mountain looks mighty big. and mighty fun.

I don't even care about that, I'm just aiming for G Rank Gigginox with Megrez's Asterism.

Or maybe the Dire Miralis armor at some point I guess.
Back to top Go down
Andy124
Jaggi
Andy124

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 1:35 am

Where do I find elderdragonbones?
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 1:49 am

Andy124 wrote:

The Tower. On one of the far sides you'll find a pile of rubble. You can gather them there along with Dragonbone Relics and Adamant Orbs.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 10:51 am

Andy124 wrote:
You can also get them in the "hidden" zone in the tundra. When fighting big monsters like Brachydios or Stygian Zinogre, they will pop a wall in zone 1 that will take you to hidden zones 8 & 9. Zone 9 has bones.

You can also find these in the zones that you can reach when you have "explorer" buff from food in the Tundra and Volcano Areas.

Easiest to get is the tower though. If you just want that, and you can do HR8 missions, do the silver Los, Gold Ian, or Lucent Narga, harvest from the ground at the opposite end of where you drop, die, and do it again if you need more.

I suggest you do your best to kill these beasties solo though. Its a good learning experience, even if it is initially frustrating.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 11:51 am

I think your referring to Dragonbone Relics in the tundra
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 12:07 pm

I could have sworn I picked up both types. Didn't verify before posting. Thanks if you did.
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 1:10 am

On what bowguns would I want to remove or keep the limiter? Would I want to keep a limiter on a HBG that can crouch fire pierce? Would I want to remove the limiter on a LBG that has a slow reload speed?
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 7:53 am

MetaMarx wrote:
On what bowguns would I want to remove or keep the limiter? Would I want to keep a limiter on a HBG that can crouch fire pierce? Would I want to remove the limiter on a LBG that has a slow reload speed?

You'll get the lowest reload speed the moment you remove limiter.

If you want to crouch fire pierce, get Griffon Blazooka. If you want the mobility with limiter removed, use Eclipse Gambit. Remove limiter on all HBGs.

Only remove limiter on LBG that you are not going to rapid fire an element.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 3:28 pm

Also, removing the limiter is the only way to get Wyvernfire to shoot from your gun. Not that it is that powerful, but it helps to know this. If you want to know when to use wyvernfire... personally, I don't. I can get much more damage out of staying away from the mob and just shooting away rather than stopping... moving close, using the move, then moving away...
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 12:52 pm

So one of the fastest ways to get a lot of Resource Points in a few minutes is doing Uragaan for Lava Nuggets. I have been able to kill high rank Plesioth in about 2 minutes, and I can get a good amount of Plessy Fang+ from him. Both plessy fang+ and lava nuggets give 1500 Resource points. Should I farm Plessy or Ura?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 6:41 am

if i have a poison SnS with mind's eye, will it always inflict poison on hitting a monster even if i shouldve been bouncing without mind's eye?

also, if I have crit eye +2 and crit draw and do a draw, does the draw have 90% affinity or still 100? I think someone told me 100 but I'm not super sure anymore.
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 3:30 pm

Vortiene wrote:
if i have a poison SnS with mind's eye, will it always inflict poison on hitting a monster even if i shouldve been bouncing without mind's eye?

also, if I have crit eye +2 and crit draw and do a draw, does the draw have 90% affinity or still 100? I think someone told me 100 but I'm not super sure anymore.

Yes, you can still inflict poison when bouncing even without mind's eye.

I'm assuming you mean crit eye -2, but it shouldn't matter. Crit draw guarantees a 100% chance of a crit on your draw attack, but please tell me if I'm wrong about this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 9:03 pm

You are, according to haruno on the armor sets thread
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 9:38 pm

I am wrong about the crit eye -2 and crit draw thing?

Ah okay I saw it. I didn't know that, but -10% isn't really gonna kill you.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 12:43 am

It could still make a difference in the long run. Overall fuck AuL, I'll take my extra level 3 charges during roars/currents/wind tyvm.

Sharp+1/crit draw/focus/minds eye/rock steady > honed blade/crit draw/focus/crit eye-2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 1:48 am

None of mine have crit eye minus 2 lol
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 8:58 am

Yes i agree with haruno completely. I'm long time GS user straight from first instalment in the series.

Sharpness+1, Crit Draw, Focus, Rock Steady (and as a bonus Mind's Eye) is the best set in the game. Only accesable with Handicraft+4 (or 5), OOO tali. When it comes to GS buff from AuL is not that important as Lv3 charge in most scenario is powerful enough to flinch monster in one hit. I would say AuL is huge waste on GS. On GS which doesn't require Sharpness+1 to have access to purple, Honed Blade is a dead skill. Rock steady enables you to avoid most roars in game which creates many ops for big dmg. I mean come on... what are the alternatives? Superman dive through roar, take it to your face or block with GS. All of the above stop you from inflicting dmg and in many cases makes you vulnerable to monster's attack.

I also use Punish Draw on GS which doesn't require S+1. But also pair with Rock Steady. HGE will be even better here but it's too hard to gem it without sacryficing other skills.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 2:25 pm

MetaMarx wrote:
I'm assuming you mean crit eye -2, but it shouldn't matter. Crit draw guarantees a 100% chance of a crit on your draw attack, but please tell me if I'm wrong about this.
Critical Draw adds 100 percent to your affinity this time around.
Back to top Go down
Andy124
Jaggi
Andy124

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 10:11 pm

I need some tips for G-rank jhen,since i'm doing this solo.
I have a fully upgraded ice GS(Barrioth,I think thats what is called),fully upgraded slime longsword,or a fully upgraded ancient shard gunlance with -5% affinity.Which weapon should I take?
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 10:16 pm

LS

Reason:
GS has poor purple sharpness
World's Demise > Ancient gunlance because purple sharpness and better raw damage with 2 slots
Slime will allow you to deal additional damage since LS attacks pretty fast and is reasonably strong with its high raw.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 8:08 am

Deus Obelisk is the only Wide GL with natural Dragon element in game. Affinity/sharpness doesn't matter on shells. It's good GL, shame it doesn't get access to purple, but if you focus only on charges and shells it doesn't matter. Better is risky fraze there.

I soloed G rank Jhen many times. At first i was struggling as fuck, mainly bacause i decided to GS him with Dios GS. Bad idea. Than i built Prognesis awakened set with awaken, bombardier, sharpness+1, Artillery Expert and he went down.

Advice from me: Gunlance is really great for him. I suggest Dios GL or Prognesis. Lance will also do, but it won't benefit from Artillery Expert. Take cha-cha in lamp mask and Kayamba in Artillery mask. Gem in your set Artillery expert. That way it will benefit not only you but also them. Bombardier is also handy, boost slime and anti-dragon bombs. Try to get pyro from food skills. Put anti-dragon bombs on its tusks. Destroy rocks on its back. Shoot balista to his tusks. Take 3 LBB and put it down on the desert when final showdown begins. 2 Dragonators is usually more than enough to take it down if you're doing everything right. On final showdown attack its wrists and if he come close enough = gong, bind. Don't worry that much about it though and focus on attacking constantly. Dont bind/gong if he's just roaring. It's a waste. Try flinch him and he will back off.

EDIT. Some time ago i was thinking about building counter Jhen set with skills boosting the ship and take it down only by using the ship. Speed gatherer to gather balista ammo quickly, Artillety Expert for buffing canons, balista, bombardier for buffing up bomb and anti-dragon bombs. Food skill bombardier. Dunno about other skills. Weapon? GL of course.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 1:34 pm

Screw what they say, use griffon blazooka with silver bullet and AuL. You're welcome. Throw in felyne temper for good measure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21p2sHM3wow

not exactly jhen but close enough to give you an idea of what to do
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 28 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread
Page 28 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 35 ... 43  Next