Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 29 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 29 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread

Go down 
+85
Ken Kurobasa
Shindouz
A Drunk Ninja
Raptor98
Raecarmicheal
Vivi
GobulHunterJames
Tarath
RupertKnight
Big Boss
Cambell
Armoured Barioth
PerfectHeaD
Firpi
Tomderdepp
Fazermint
Crystalis
Ataraxia
MetaMarx
Ticky
Roik
Darklinghunter
Win32error
comaprison
evahnulahm
devilution
Will
Slyffer
ShadowCeadeusDM324
TheLaw
Craeme
opok8
Enkidu
CottonEyedJho
Sephastus
Chagrilled
haruno
frostymm
Evilpwner
Randomhunter
Edsain
Andy124
HaBa912
Jake Johnson
sakura808
Shepherd
Sir Tristen
IceMage88
enemy61390
Azurian
Saisei
PixelP
PAiN---
Yuki
Hawkfriend
Dragsaw
MasterOnion
elchele
kama
IBGenius
Oni Zelkami
Lucas
bill_the_noob
E&Troy
Traiaprax
Silverwind
Antari18
Outkin
Atalanta
Tirith
Volke
Sai_
flyingdingus
Snagglux
Gilgames
Quentin
Arkenaw
parasky
DanielisAwesome52
dcj91x
It's meh
TKMT
MHWF
Lalo
laoshanicrus
89 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 36 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

Thank you Points : 4

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 7:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

this is a thread to post questions for monster hunter U (both wiiu and 3ds versions),
just ask anything related to mhu gameplay,tips,general info,etc.

examples

Spoiler:

Last edited by laoshanicrus on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 8:06 pm

If you decide to go for blademaster though try this vid. It's even in english!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeM_POv2QLo

Also Silver Bullet is so overrated...
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 10:41 am

Ok so Ive made a full suit of Peco U
the problem is I wanted Peco S stuff. I figured I get it eventually.
Strangley I have only unlocked the Peco helm S

I am guessing it is becuase I have yet to find a King scarab. Ive searched the wiki, the "Areas" section and these forums, no luck (or I passed right over a few times). where can I find them?

Also shouldnt the legs have been unlocked also then? They didnt require K scarabs, I have all its stuff.

By the by, Im still on 6 star quests.

PPS: why does everyone say the Pink Rathian armor is so great... I dont see it?
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:25 pm

King scarabs? I remember needing those....
I think it's rare at High Rank volcano, but at G rank areas it is very common, specially volcano.
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:35 pm

alright so plesioth here i come!
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 2:19 pm

why no one is interested on the challange quests? they actually seem fun :c
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 7:53 pm

I've never done a single one. They don't seem too appealing.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 10:46 am

Haven't done Challenge Quests yet either. What are the rewards like? Just like regular arena quests? If so, then the only reason to do them at all is for the "Challenge".

With that said, maybe some of the "elitists" hanging around these forums can show us their solo times in these quests. Some see themselves a little too uber, but only because they game the system, and stack things so much in their favor that they just completely overpower the hunts. Should be interesting.

Last edited by Sephastus on Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 10:51 am

Immortals, we'll put their name to the test.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 11:18 am

I though arena quests they give you your loadout, you got to choose from sets? So how do you stack things in your favor?
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 3:16 pm

Firpi wrote:
I though arena quests they give you your loadout, you got to choose from sets? So how do you stack things in your favor?

They do, and that is the point, not that you can stack things in your favor, but that you have to do things with a specific set of already available gear and loadout.

I suspect challenge quests are the same.

Some people just go for the "easiest" way to do things, and if you ask for advice on how to do something a certain way is: "Forget your way, equip abc and do xyz instead. They don't properly explain strategy, because they are unable to articulate it, and their responses are limited to roughly one sentence that most of the time has the implied elitist comment: "I am so much better than you."

One popular response is: "equip kelbi bow with awaken and just kill it." And another: "Equip (insert Abysal weapon here) with (Insert endgame armor with impossible to get talisman here) and kill it.

This is why I want to see what those same people do in Challenge Quests, and what times they can pull out without having to rely on their min/maxing, and just use skill and monster knowledge while doing those quests solo.

Anyways, the vast mayority of forum users are really helpful, and truly enjoy MH for what it is. Those I salute /ok/ 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 1:16 am

sorry, but i associate using stuff you worked hard for with having fun. I don't associate killing myself with armor that is easy to get with fun.

Although the arena quests are fun, I wouldn't use crappy armor over good armor if I had a choice <_< especially if i worked for the good stuff for 380 hours.
Back to top Go down
Fazermint
Kelbi
Fazermint

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 11:01 am

Which fire dual blades do you guys use? I've crafted the Miralis DB, but I wonder if it's insane element makes up for its low raw... The three end-game fire DBs are:

Agnaktor Inferno: 322 raw, 340 fire, 15% affinity, very tiny purple with +1
Wyvern Conciliation: 364 raw, 230 fire, slightly better purple
The Fistolution: 280 raw, 450 fire, tons of purple

I don't really like the Agnaktor DB because of it's low purple sharpness. The Rath DB has passable purple sharpness and a whopping 84 more raw than the Miralis DB, while the Miralis DB has 220 more fire and lots of purple. High element is very useful for DBs, but do I sacrifice 84 raw for 220 element?
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 7:23 pm

well, the difference between the element of Miralis DS and Wyvern DS is larger than their raw power, so I'd go with Fistolution.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 7:17 pm

I obtainted Dragon's Roar (event ice SWAX with power phial) yesterday. Although i heard that it's terrible, i find out that it's actually pretty strong on monsters weak to ice. I killed G rank crimson peco in 5 minutes solo. Is this swax good, or am i getting wrong feeling about this? Looks kinda powerful. Also tried it on Black blos/s. bari and the results were very good.

2nd question. What ice LS do you recommend? I was thinking about Glacial Diva (G.Agna LS) because it's the only ice LS with decent level of purple sharpness. It's lacking in raw though compared to other alternatives (r.duram LS and Edel's Ice). Does purple make up for lower raw?

Also general question: what LS do you recommend outside of Dios LS. I goofing around LS lately. Never really fan of this wep but i found it really fun to use in 3U!

Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 10:11 pm

Fire: Wyvern Blade "Bloom" or "Rose" depending on your slots/skills
Water: Jade Vagalhao
Ice: Glacial Diva
Thunder: Nether Dilemnity
Dragon: Altheos Altrusta

Last edited by Crystalis on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 11:53 pm

You can get Jho's Ls with critical eye +3 and sharpness +1 for a raw ls.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 7:23 am

Got a question about Bamboo Kaguya. How should i play with this bow? Is it even worth bothering about? I have Water Atk+2, Awaken, Evasion+1, Focus on my set. I dunno if i get this right but since it's main force is elemental dmg i'm focusing on Lv2 spread shots (5 shots). Power coathing buffs raw so it's not that important on this bow.

Can anyone share good set for Bamboo Kaguya?

Ow yeah and i'd like to keep my Slagoth Cowl as head piece because of looks :P
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 10:38 am

Yeah that is a pitiful bow. You want to be at least shooting level 3 on a bow. You can use Harpsteed with Barrage Piercing, and full Narga Z armor. With an element tali you can get load up (necessary skill for this bow because it's lv4 charge sucks), evasion +1, focus, stam rec up, and elemental
attack up.

It should be noted x element+2 = element attack up and they don't stack.

If you insist on using bamboo, there aren't options to make it better :/
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 11:07 am

Devils advocate as always... I play with the bamboo bow.. but than again I play primarily for fun.

Most bows (regardless) can be agmented with skills to make them better. will they be "OMG IT"S AMAZING AND I CAN KILL ALA IN ONW HIT!!!" no... BUt it will be fun and hey.. cool to look at.

But as sai said.. if your main goal is to just kill as proficently and quickly as possible... Well there ya go.

Oh and there are ALWAYS ways to make things better. NOT PERFECT mind you.. Weather it be through skills or the played themselves.. there is always a way!
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 1:31 pm

Agreed. After putting down the min-maxing, I have been having tons of fun. I still like to overkill things every now and then, but looking boss doing the part is just as fun.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 2:36 pm

I dunno man. I make quick comparision on HR Brachy in village. 1 run - Bamboo bow, no coathing, water atk+2, focus, using only lv2 charge Spread (5) = 5-7 minutes kill. 2 run - Aquasteed Harp, Load up, Challenger+2, Focus, using only lv4 charge Rapid (5) = 13 minutes kill. There're changin factors of course and i could use power coating on Aquasteed Harp but the general picture is that this "pitiful bow" isn't that bad at all.

On rapid/pierce bow users should focus on lv3, lv4 charges, yes. It works well on raw based bows. But there is one exception. On element bows raw doesn't matter that much as you focus on applying as much shots as you can to compensate for the lack of raw. Having skills which buff raw or Load up just doesn't make sense. Bamboo Kaguya has 560 element after Water atk+2. I saw a lot of japanese players videos today and pretty much all of them focus on using Lv1, Lv2 charge shots. Also worth noting is that with bows which rely only on element instead of keeping the distance you should be right next to monster to land all arrows.

It just feels different and i like it a lot. I run more tests later today, probably G rank monsters weak to water like Brachy, Baleful Nox or Silver Los.

I'm not a bow expert so sorry for talkin shit in advance. The perfect example of this strategy is in the video below. No power coating, only using lv1, lv2 charge shots. Thunder atk+2, element 460. Savage dead after less than 10 minutes. Solo.

Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 2:03 pm

Interesting. I will tests this on some Raths. Since this is linear damage, there could be the instance where the weaker bow does more damage simply because of faster output.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 3:22 pm

Yeah that's basically the idea. More, less powerful arrows and crazy amount of element. I tested Bamboo Kaguya on Sticky Situation (double G rank Brachy quest). Took them both down in 25-20 min solo, but there's place for a lot of improvement (if use coating, bombs, flashbombs, traps etc.). There's still question how it will perform vs Silver Los or B. Nox though. When it comes to Brachy, there's this moment when he turns after each attack. You can land all 5 spread arrows on his body than in a perfect range. Sometimes it staggers him 2 times in a row after full 5 spread arrows for the head.

This kind of play requires high level of spread (4-5 arrows) on 1 or 2 level charge. Yesterday i took a closer look at fire element bows. Strong Heart (Peco fire bow) got 420 fire element after Fire atk+2 or Element atk up. It has spread L4 on level 1 and 2 charge. Miralis bow has strongest fire element (670 after element atk up), but it lacks good spread shots on both lv1 (only 1 arrow) and lv2. Only lv4 support spread (5 arrows), but imho it takes too much time to charge to lv4 to make this strategy work.

EDIT.

I tried my bamboo set up for Silver Los. Results were beyond my expectations. Beast died after literally 10 minutes solo and i can definately kill it faster with more precise aiming etc. Man, i stun him with lv2 spread shots like 4-5 times in a row! It's insane how those things are weak to water element. Just aim lv2 charge spread shots for wings-head-wings and after 2 shots it's stunned. With the proper range and Focus you can probably spam it all day and stun lock him.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 12:10 am

How do you get the metal that the artisan leggings need?
I think it was Big metal, large metal and... fine metal? I don't know.
I've send the fleet to every single treasure hunting area (are they called that?) and they still don't have the legging metal I need.
So... can somebody help me?
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 12:33 am

I'm assuming your game is in Spanish.

Metal largo: Volcan Abisal
Metal Grande: Estrecho de Moga
Fragmento roto: la tumba del pirata
fragmento de herrumbre: estrecho de moga
Fragmento corto: volcan abisal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread
Page 29 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 36 ... 43  Next