Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
monster Hunter 4 3DS Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
monster Hunter 4 3DS Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

monster Hunter 4 3DS

Go down 
+11
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Roon
Florenz
lQuique
Oni Zelkami
Daggers
Silverwind
Kakos
Chipou
dcj91x
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

monster Hunter 4 3DS Empty
PostSubject: monster Hunter 4 3DS   monster Hunter 4 3DS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:56 am

[22:33:28] @ dcj91x : announced so far: spirit camera, dynasty warriors 3DS...

[22:34:26] @ dcj91x : New gundam.

[22:35:05] @ dcj91x : Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai.

[22:37:11] @ dcj91x : tekken prime, ff:rhythem game.

[22:37:48] @ dcj91x : rocket slime 3 dragon quest.

[22:39:05] @ dcj91x : Bunch of games for girls. And a girls RPG.. Iwata says they want to make the gap between girl gamers and guys a lot less and are focusing on stuff women want..

[22:40:04] @ dcj91x : really just stuff everyone already knows about..

[22:41:17] @ dcj91x : Wooo hooo.. they are bringing 3D anime movies to the 3DS..

[22:42:00] @ dcj91x : And it will be worldwide... Anime in 3D for all!!!.

[22:45:54] @ dcj91x : Lot's of MH3G fottage.. The game looks amazing and a lot better than the wii version..

[22:47:44] @ dcj91x : Capcom said that one of the biggest difference in the 3DS MH nad the Wii Mh is the fact that "G" is in the title...

[22:48:29] @ dcj91x : Also it has an actual story and 3D affect is very well done..

[22:49:28] @ dcj91x : it will be out December 10th in Japan..

[22:52:55] @ dcj91x : Holly ****... Monster Hunter 4.. 3DS.

[22:53:29] @ dcj91x : New monsters.. battles across multiple areas.. up walls and actuall hiding areas and breakable terain...

Conference ended with a Video for Monster Hunter 4 3DS.....!!!!

Last edited by dcj91x on Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:29 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Chipou
Kecha Wacha
Chipou

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: monster Hunter 4 3DS   monster Hunter 4 3DS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:57 am

dude jumped on the rath and started stabbing/riding it....so its for the 3ds?
Back to top Go down
Kakos
Kelbi
Kakos

Thank you Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: monster Hunter 4 3DS   monster Hunter 4 3DS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:02 am

Holy Crap...

That whole time I was like, "what the crap is this??"
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: monster Hunter 4 3DS   monster Hunter 4 3DS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:03 am

It was the Nintendo 3DS conference..

Also did you see the fighting off the walls.. the multiple hiding areas and the leaping from ledge to ledge?

But just so everyone knows.. it did say the project was just starting..
Back to top Go down
Kakos
Kelbi
Kakos

PostSubject: Re: monster Hunter 4 3DS   monster Hunter 4 3DS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:09 am

Yeah, I was watching the live stream.

It was crazy looking!

It should be pretty interesting. Just yesterday I was wondering when 4 would be announced.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: monster Hunter 4 3DS   monster Hunter 4 3DS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:13 am

I was not exspecting 4 to be for the 3DS.. Just when I thought Capcom hated nintendo....
Back to top Go down
Silverwind
Yian Kut-Ku
Silverwind

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: monster Hunter 4 3DS   monster Hunter 4 3DS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:18 am

This is really surprising, I didn't see any announcement of MH4 coming at all.
But it'll probably be late 2012, to early 2013 before it'll come out. It IS still in development, so my prediction may be a bit early... but seems silly to announce it this early if it's going to happen any later than that.

...The odds are we'll probably get this one too, since it's the first of a generation, right?
Back to top Go down
Kakos
Kelbi
Kakos

PostSubject: Re: monster Hunter 4 3DS   monster Hunter 4 3DS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:38 am

It was pretty surprising. The action made me think it might just be some kind of spin off.

A new main title for the 3DS was the last thing I was expecting...

I think 3DS just won Japan over for a while...

Though I'm a little bummed it's on a handheld. I like them best on a console. Though I'm sure it'll make it's way to one eventually.
Back to top Go down
Daggers
Popo
Daggers

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: monster Hunter 4 3DS   monster Hunter 4 3DS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 2:28 am

i was shocked to see a monster 4 so soon but i cant wait for it looks epic.
Back to top Go down
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung
Oni Zelkami

Thank you Points : 151

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: monster Hunter 4 3DS   monster Hunter 4 3DS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 7:28 am

This makes up for the lack of Juri. Capcom has hope again! Just to be clear, this is all coming to America right?
Back to top Go down
lQuique
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: monster Hunter 4 3DS   monster Hunter 4 3DS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:45 pm

I've been a long time lurker, just made an account after I finished watching this.

I can't express my dissappointment with a few words, so I'm just going to try to resume this as much as possible.

It made me really sad to watch the trailer, This is it, Monster Hunter has "jumped the shark". It's all downfall from here. I'd rather see Monster Hunter die right now, than to witness a long, painful death. Fortunately, this game won't reach the west, anyone who believes this is delusional. Japanese fans even refuse to believe that Monster Hunter has become this. This new gameplay is just Capcom's shoot to reach a "wider" audience (read: casuals and "western market"). It's just a sad Uncharted rip-off.

Don't get me wrong, I love Monster Hunter. Capcom has been doing all kinds of wrong stuff. They have been milking every single good franchise. MH has been using the same engine since the PS2 games. They decided to make MH4 on the 3DS because they are lazy, they want fast money. They could easily achieve great succes if they were dedicated to the franchise.

The most the west is going to get from the MH franchise in the near future, is just some sad, western directed re-interpretation of tha games, where the Main Character is some dark and edgy teenager that fights monsters that are the product of his mind, complete with some uninspired plot, tday zero DLC, and Gamestop, Walmart, Best-Buy and Amazon preorder exclusive content. It's just another great franchise ruined by Capcom.

Meanwhile, Nintendo's shares are falling. They are just re-releasing the same games.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: monster Hunter 4 3DS   monster Hunter 4 3DS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:08 pm

^ You know I hear things like that all the time. There are always going to be doom sayers who don't like something and think the most negative right from the start.

Will both games be great? Ehh, Who knows... Will they be the end of the MH series? Absolutely not...

Actually they said the same thing about Resident Evil 4 for the Game Cube... Everyone said it would end the series and would fail on the GC... Now it's considered to be one of the Best RE games of the series...

I have a feeling the same will be said for MH4 years from now as well. As for 3G.. I exspect it to offer more content but to still be about the same as Tri for the Wii. Same feel and popularity..

Also, welcome to the forum. Hope to see you around for a while...
Back to top Go down
Daggers
Popo
Daggers

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: monster Hunter 4 3DS   monster Hunter 4 3DS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:56 pm

i dont think the series is doomed mh4 looks fantastic but i did have some speculation about it. The MH series was never that realistic but i always did like how the gameplay made you think you cant simply just go hacking and slashin at your target you have to watch how you move and use your staminia wisely due to the fact that the hunter can get tired. mh4s hunter moved kinda god of war like but players cant assume the worse from the trailer the project literally just started and is in the early stage of creation. no point to assume the doomsday of mh until we see a near completed mh4 cause alot of things will change and im confident that the game will turn out fantastic. As far as nintendos shares an ign article stated that investors arrent impressed by the presentation and think that the games the displayed wont changed the popularity of the system. They're pushin nintendo to make games for mobile devices which is downright stupid imo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: monster Hunter 4 3DS   monster Hunter 4 3DS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 2:11 pm

Playstation was never good at making handheld systems, I never understood why they went into it and I have always had trust that nintendo knew what they were doing with them much more. I have to buy a 3DS now because the games being released for it are just making me drool. I was unimpressed by all those ports, but all these games being released for 3DS are stuff i always wanted to have another incarnation of on my wii (a paper mario game that was RPG style, not platformer with RPG elements as with super paper mario)

Guess i need to save up the money now.

And people who think japan will give up on MH because its on a 169.99 3DS rather than a 300 dollar vita are idiotic.
Back to top Go down
Florenz
Rajang
Florenz

Thank you Points : 37

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: monster Hunter 4 3DS   monster Hunter 4 3DS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 2:56 pm

Daggers wrote:
i dont think the series is doomed mh4 looks fantastic but i did have some speculation about it. The MH series was never that realistic but i always did like how the gameplay made you think you cant simply just go hacking and slashin at your target you have to watch how you move and use your staminia wisely due to the fact that the hunter can get tired. mh4s hunter moved kinda god of war like but players cant assume the worse from the trailer the project literally just started and is in the early stage of creation. no point to assume the doomsday of mh until we see a near completed mh4 cause alot of things will change and im confident that the game will turn out fantastic. As far as nintendos shares an ign article stated that investors arrent impressed by the presentation and think that the games the displayed wont changed the popularity of the system. They're pushin nintendo to make games for mobile devices which is downright stupid imo.

How'd you know thta? You've only seen a 2 minute long trailer. Don't make assumptions on a 2 minute long trailer, please.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: monster Hunter 4 3DS   monster Hunter 4 3DS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:10 pm

You can tell a lot from a 2 minute long video... Here's a few things..

1. Tigerex and Rathalos are in it.
2. Tigerex is playfully chasing his best friend.... Mr. Hunter..
3. Mr. Hunter is happy and dances around on the side of a mountain..
4. Rathalos is upset because he doesn't get to dance and play as well.
5. Tigerx knows that rathalos does not like to share mr. Hunters affection and leaves... He does this by falling bacwards off a cliff.
6. Mr. Hunter realizes he is in love with Rathalos... and jumps him from behind...
7. He sticks it to rathalos many many times...
8. In the end they are both tired and take a nap.

^ummm I think I may have misunderstood the video...
Back to top Go down
Daggers
Popo
Daggers

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: monster Hunter 4 3DS   monster Hunter 4 3DS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 4:01 pm

Florenz wrote:
Daggers wrote:

How'd you know thta? You've only seen a 2 minute long trailer. Don't make assumptions on a 2 minute long trailer, please.

Ummmmm thats what i was saying in my comment bro its to early to assume anything about the game it looks fantastic imo your mixing my words up and trying to say im assuming things about MH4. i stated that there will most likely be alot of changes since this project is just beginning so nothing is set in stone yet. saying the game "looks" fantastic isnt an assumption its an opinion thats how the game looks to me some people may say otherwise. saying the "is" or "will be" is an assumption. i have no clue where you got the idea that i was judging this game from.

if your talking about what i said on the japanese investors being unipressed about the 3DS conference then the articles at ign in the 3DS section. i cant post the link because newcomers to the forum cant post links or email for 7 days
Back to top Go down
Roon
Shagaru Magala
Roon

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: monster Hunter 4 3DS   monster Hunter 4 3DS Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 3:01 am

So, is this basically Monster Hunter Tri G but for the English speaking Western audience?
Back to top Go down
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Rathalos
Lagiacrus the ultimate

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: monster Hunter 4 3DS   monster Hunter 4 3DS Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 3:48 am

Roon wrote:
So, is this basically Monster Hunter Tri G but for the English speaking Western audience?
No. Two totally different games.
Back to top Go down
Roon
Shagaru Magala
Roon

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: monster Hunter 4 3DS   monster Hunter 4 3DS Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 1:23 pm

Well crap on a stick....Monster Hunter you make me go broke!
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: monster Hunter 4 3DS   monster Hunter 4 3DS Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 8:15 pm

lQuique wrote:
I've been a long time lurker, just made an account after I finished watching this.

I can't express my dissappointment with a few words, so I'm just going to try to resume this as much as possible.

It made me really sad to watch the trailer, This is it, Monster Hunter has "jumped the shark". It's all downfall from here. I'd rather see Monster Hunter die right now, than to witness a long, painful death. Fortunately, this game won't reach the west, anyone who believes this is delusional. Japanese fans even refuse to believe that Monster Hunter has become this. This new gameplay is just Capcom's shoot to reach a "wider" audience (read: casuals and "western market"). It's just a sad Uncharted rip-off.

Don't get me wrong, I love Monster Hunter. Capcom has been doing all kinds of wrong stuff. They have been milking every single good franchise. MH has been using the same engine since the PS2 games. They decided to make MH4 on the 3DS because they are lazy, they want fast money. They could easily achieve great succes if they were dedicated to the franchise.

The most the west is going to get from the MH franchise in the near future, is just some sad, western directed re-interpretation of tha games, where the Main Character is some dark and edgy teenager that fights monsters that are the product of his mind, complete with some uninspired plot, tday zero DLC, and Gamestop, Walmart, Best-Buy and Amazon preorder exclusive content. It's just another great franchise ruined by Capcom.

Meanwhile, Nintendo's shares are falling. They are just re-releasing the same games.
The same was said about RE4, Metroid Prime, even Okami(which was great) etc, you maybe are just a hater, and why make an account on a forum to post this?

Quote :
You can tell a lot from a 2 minute long video... Here's a few things..

1. Tigerex and Rathalos are in it.
2. Tigerex is playfully chasing his best friend.... Mr. Hunter..
3. Mr. Hunter is happy and dances around on the side of a mountain..
4. Rathalos is upset because he doesn't get to dance and play as well.
5. Tigerx knows that rathalos does not like to share mr. Hunters affection and leaves... He does this by falling bacwards off a cliff.
6. Mr. Hunter realizes he is in love with Rathalos... and jumps him from behind...
7. He sticks it to rathalos many many times...
8. In the end they are both tired and take a nap.

^ummm I think I may have misunderstood the video...

No, you didn't misunderstood, but Mr. Hunter could've fought Tigrex
Back to top Go down
mikereisweber
Kelbi
mikereisweber

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: monster Hunter 4 3DS   monster Hunter 4 3DS Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 7:34 am

lQuique wrote:

Now I do agree with you on a few things here. The fact that a western release is far from sight, if visible at all, is true. Capcom is continually attempting to lower production costs and is less willing to take a risk at a western release that could possibly (though a very slim "possibly") not yield the expected/desired profits. They need to open their eye. Forbes.com contributor Erik Kain agrees as well:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/06/30/monster-hunter-4-japanese-3ds-trailer-shows-why-capcom-needs-to-bring-monster-hunter-to-north-american-ps3-and-xbox-360-owners/

HOWEVER..... I think that everyone may be misinterpreting this MH4 trailer. Just because the video displays a hunter jumping from wall to wall in an assasins creed-esque manner and jumping on the back of a wyvern, doesn't mean that that is how the gameplay is going to be. For years capcom has used intro videos to make it look like there was more to be done than you could actually do. Could it be possible? Perhaps, we'll have to wait and see, but I truly believe this will play like every other monster hunter. If it's not broken don't fix it right? Also don't forget: this intro has to be able to play on the 3DS, so it's not like they can put a full length animation file on the game and expect the 3DS to have the ability to play it, let alone the actually cartridge space.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: monster Hunter 4 3DS   monster Hunter 4 3DS Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 10:39 am

mikereisweber: The post you quoted and responded to was from September 2011, this is almost a year later. There has been a lot more information put out since then and a lot of updates made. Some of what you said has, yes, in fact been proven correct with other videos, screenshots and interviews but other things have indeed been proven quite incorrect.

MH4 has so far been proven to be one of the most anbitious MH games to ever be created and the 3DS with "Now" almost another year since the original trailer shown for MH4 has proven to be capable of a lot more than what many thought it could do. At the time the 3DS was only 6 months old and many games (to include 3G and the trailer for 4) were still experamenting.

I would suggest if you have not read through some of the newer post about what has been revealed to be in MH4 and think about all the stuff we still yet know.
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: monster Hunter 4 3DS   monster Hunter 4 3DS Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 5:17 pm

dcj91x wrote:
this is almost a year later.

MH4 was announced a year ago!?
time does fly ._.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: monster Hunter 4 3DS   monster Hunter 4 3DS Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 5:38 pm

In a thread earlier today after the announcement at TGS of MH4 having Online... a few people comment about us not getting MH4 and getting MHU insted.

Yuri at Capcom USA replied:

"Before starting at Capcom, I always wished the release dates of MH games in the west was closer to Japan's - simultaneous worldwide releases were a dream.
Now I work here, but that's still on the top of my wishlist ;) "

So far his comments such as this have always ment good news for us.. lets keep up hope!

And though I can't remember Capcom japan's exact quote.. they did say something to the regard that the only point in adding online to a handheld MH release was to make it more appealing to the western market...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: monster Hunter 4 3DS   monster Hunter 4 3DS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

monster Hunter 4 3DS
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next