Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri. Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri. Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri.

Go down 
+15
AzzraNoctul
Ares
SkyRaven
Emilette
dcj91x
laoshanicrus
Kasumi
JFizzle
Enkidu
Ataraxia
Ultimate Jaggi
It's meh
Quentin
Lalo
Yuki
19 posters
AuthorMessage
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri. Empty
PostSubject: Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri.   Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 9:53 am

I felt this needed to be made because a lot of us have something to complain about the game, but very few of us write about the good or what we enjoyed the most be it the players or the game itself.

One thing I really enjoy is the Argosy captain coming to moga yes farming may be tedious but he rewards you with items you couldn't normaly get cheaply such as sharpened fangs which a lot of us use for trading for honey. He also gives us items to make farming more efficient such as shroom germs bizzy bees both of which help a lot over time.

Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri.   Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 10:20 am

The people in the game.

Even if I rant about some (or the majority) of the people, there are some that I really enjoy being with.
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang
Quentin

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri.   Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 5:51 pm

I agree with Lalo, it was the people that made Tri so amazing for me, well that and the game actually being amazing as hell, but mostly the people.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri.   Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 6:47 pm

Bombs.
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri.   Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 7:57 pm

Binoculars I can see you!
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri.   Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 10:24 am

Honestly? The whole thing. Even the trolls and idiots you find online, since they might as well be 3 year-olds compared to some of the communities I've come across in other games.

*coughLeaguecough*
Back to top Go down
Enkidu
Melynx
Enkidu

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri.   Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 9:55 pm

For me it'll be those close, edge of your pants type quests; 45 minutes in, you've got a potion left and the monster's just started limping. Don't get them as much anymore, well, unless going solo against ala etc.

Something I've been enjoying lately is KOing ura and bari with SnS, provided there isn't hammer users in the way. Just so much lol seeing ura fall over after giving him a tap... actually, on a recent hunt someone else had been hammering him, I come up and give the ura 1 tap and over he went Yes by vort

But the big one is again the good people you meet, weird friendships you get after hunting with someone for months.
Back to top Go down
JFizzle
Seregios
JFizzle

Thank you Points : 129

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Dystopian US

PostSubject: Re: Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri.   Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 8:37 am

For me, the thrill of something dying never gets old.

I enjoyed the game, more or less as a whole. As a newb to MH when I picked up Tri, I was startled at its' level of difficulty, and beyond that, a helluva steep learning curve.

Past learning the basics and such, I enjoyed learning all of the little intricasies that are not readily available to be learnted. Most of those I learned here on the forums.

The thing I enjoyed the most, though...

When the Game Actually Gave Me the Shit I Was After,
Particularly the TALI'S!!!
Back to top Go down
Kasumi
Tigrex

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri.   Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 4:42 pm

the fact that it is real time skill-based game!

I love to play games when they're heavily based on player's reactions and skills rather than spending so much time getting one material and craft a super good armor than own the world....

and of course, the fact that this is a co-op game rather than a pvp game :P (^^; )....
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

PostSubject: Re: Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri.   Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 5:11 pm

JFizzle wrote:
For me, the thrill of something dying never gets old.

I enjoyed the game, more or less as a whole. As a newb to MH when I picked up Tri, I was startled at its' level of difficulty, and beyond that, a helluva steep learning curve.

Past learning the basics and such, I enjoyed learning all of the little intricasies that are not readily available to be learnted. Most of those I learned here on the forums.

The thing I enjoyed the most, though...

When the Game Actually Gave Me the Shit I Was After,
Particularly the TALI'S!!!

hehehehe....
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri.   Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 6:09 pm

Before Tri I had played most MH games... and I had visited this forum when it was first created as well as posted many times as a guest but I never actually joined until Tri was released...

So in all honested what i like Most about Tri... Is all of you and this forum.

I know every one of us have our differences of opinions from time to time and we all don't get along.. in well most things, but god love ya all and so do I even though it may not always seem that way.

So in it's own way come and go stay or leave even for those who have become part of this Forums Family and those who have only been Visitors... The best thing about tri for me.. Is all of you.

And i swear the first person who tries to hug me will get and IP ban!!!!! ;)

Error: Don't worry, just do it. I'll unban you when he forgets about it ;-)
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

PostSubject: Re: Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri.   Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 7:40 pm

*lao hugs dcj

And who used to own this forum!!!??
Back to top Go down
Emilette
Melynx
Emilette

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri.   Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 9:26 pm

@dcj91x: D'aww.

I think I was most excited to have a really good time sink AND hard-core game for my Wii. The fact it was also ridiculously fun didn't hurt either.
Back to top Go down
SkyRaven
Jaggi
SkyRaven

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri.   Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 5:48 pm

definitely the people you meet in the game. there might be some people who doesn't understand you and vise versa . even if their good or bad. its the people ui enjoy the most /yes/
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri.   Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 6:42 pm

dcj91x wrote:
Before Tri I had played most MH games... and I had visited this forum when it was first created as well as posted many times as a guest but I never actually joined until Tri was released...

So in all honested what i like Most about Tri... Is all of you and this forum.

I know every one of us have our differences of opinions from time to time and we all don't get along.. in well most things, but god love ya all and so do I even though it may not always seem that way.

So in it's own way come and go stay or leave even for those who have become part of this Forums Family and those who have only been Visitors... The best thing about tri for me.. Is all of you.

And i swear the first person who tries to hug me will get and IP ban!!!!! ;)

Error: Don't worry, just do it. I'll unban you when he forgets about it ;-)

I totally agree with you dcj, this was the first forum I ever joined, and it's taught me a lot about anime, and the internet.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
AzzraNoctul
Popo
AzzraNoctul

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri.   Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 11:44 pm

Thing I have enjoyed most while playing MHTri is skill based. I love RPGs and games like that but anyone can spend 100+ hours getting to level 100 with max gear and breeze through the end game bosses. No not just that, it's that satisfaction feeling you get. level 100 max gear you bring down something like Ruby weapon in FFVII ya that feels good but in the end your thinking "I just spent 120 hours and...I'm done" so you move on or nerf your self to make a challenge.

Tri has been different. 150+ hours offline, had to work hard getting to HR31 after that I meet a HR Peco with Jho and get a failed quest. It's skill based and I'm loving it. HR100+ shows up with with helios+vangis and clearly shows he knows what he is doing. Half way through the hunt he is saved from a combo by my life powder and I get a thanks.

Moments like that make me a MH fan and I can't wait until I can afford a Wii U
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

Thank you Points : 174

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri.   Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 11:48 pm

Mia cartin'
Back to top Go down
https://xmaskanade.tumblr.com
JFizzle
Seregios
JFizzle

Thank you Points : 129

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Dystopian US

PostSubject: Re: Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri.   Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 2:57 am

Totally with you on that dcj. These forums are some of the best I've ever been a party to. I feel that they have improved considerably since you took over, as well.

Even though I dropped out for almost a year (I dropped out of pretty much everything at that time, though), it seemed like the return was seamless, with a very warm welcome back.

I remember when I first played with members of this forum. It was when I was still learning my GS and using that Gaan+/Damascus mix (Yeah total newb). Don't remember the exact members I played with (Sorry), but I was amazed at how efficient the hunts were. Even though I knew I wasn't contributing nearly as much damage as they were, it was very comforting to know that I was a part of this very knowledgeable and skilled community.

It was just one of those times, when I knew I had found something awesome!
Back to top Go down
Ionisus
Popo
Ionisus

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri.   Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 2:27 am

For me, meeting cool people I can enjoy the game with. Though it's been few and far in between, some of my favorite teammates were at one time randies. Now when I meet a group of cool guys/gals I ask if they have skype, nothing his more fun then chilling out with some peeps on skype while we all hunt.
Back to top Go down
Un-Tan
Seltas Queen
Un-Tan

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri.   Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 1:26 pm

I really enjoyed this game before since it was still a challenge. Those who have hunted with me knows that I am far from good at it but personally I don't feel that I die or get in the situations where I fear for my life all that often(except for the last time when me and Yuki went to duo jho). Back when I was still a noob that timed out against barroth and such. Everything was new, exciting and challenging. These days it's more of a chore than fun hunting monsters really.

But yeah, I like all the little things(like the argosy captain speaking mixed english and japanese even in the EU version), that no monster got a set attack pattern, the players online, that you can combine your sets any way you want. It's just that I've grown bored of the difficulty this game has.

Sorry for the rant :P
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri.   Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 7:07 pm

Control and Gameplay was what brought me in, I loved how you played the game and it also brought me in to MH. The places look fantastic, the monsters are awesome (even if they are dinosaurs and dragons instead of monsters) the gameplay was fun and even the premise of hunting the Lagiacrus was promising. Farming, crafting your weapons, the fishers, Argosy, I felt like I was so long ago where there was true commerce and life was easier (or harder i guess).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri.   Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Things you enjoyed the most while playing Monster Hunter Tri.
Page 1 of 1