Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests. Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests. Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests.

Go down 
+3
ScienceJesus
Ares
GrashXL002
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

Thank you Points : 1

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests. Empty
PostSubject: Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests.   Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 7:04 pm

I can't face narga yet, but I only have to do "Elegy For A Lone Wolf" and "Bl-Bl-Blangongas!" until I can.

I thought this was a pretty OP hammer, 50% affinity, decent purple sharpness... but it wasn't all OP, the 988 raw damage disappointed me a little... but hopefully there's an upgrade.

Now, any weapon suggestions for one-eyed garuga?

Here's what I've got:

Full Ceanataur S armour.

GS:

Ravager blade+ (in the process of upgrading)

Judgement (why did I bother...? I just sold it)

LS:

Blango Decimator

Wyvern Blade "Blood"

Fire dragonsword

True devil slicer

Hammers:

Crystal Nova (need one more upgrade for a thunder hammer, great nova)

Dead revolver

Anvil hammer

Dragonbreaker

Striped striker

Lances:

Rampart (in the process of upgrading)

Gunlances:

Steel gunlance (in the process of upgrading)

Black smoke gunlance

SnS:

Tarnished Sword

DS:

Weathered blades

LBGs:

Melynx Ragdoll

HBGs:

Piercing crab (selling for heavy piercing crab)

Bows:

Blango fur bow IV (almost upgraded)

Daimyo warbow III (almost upgraded)

Sonic bow II (almost upgraded)

Other armour:

Full diablos D (LR)

Full Kushala (LR)

Full gunner ceanataur (LR)

Full blango (LR)

Now, what should I bring for ass-face garuga and multiple blangongas?
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests.   Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 10:27 pm

Stop everything you're doing and go fight a few more HR ceanataurs and get that Ceanataur Head Axe.

That thing is a badass.
1144 raw, white sharpness (With sharpness +1, which you hopefully have on your Ceanataur S) and it upgrades to a badass 1300 raw, purple sharpness hammer.\

That'll do for garuga and the blangos.

But don't underestimate that garuga, he's the hardest monster to fight in 8* IMO, even narga is easier.

Your true devil slicer will own narga btw.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
ScienceJesus
Felyne

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd/Import
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests.   Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 12:51 am

No, im sorry, but garuga is a popo compared to the goddamn plesioths. Green waves of Verdure? more like the Green waves of hell.

Otherwise, I say the same.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests.   Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 1:17 am

ScienceJesus wrote:
No, im sorry, but garuga is a popo compared to the goddamn plesioths. Green waves of Verdure? more like the Green waves of hell.

Otherwise, I say the same.

He's the most difficult of the required monsters*
Back to top Go down
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha
BoredForLife

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code: 0490-5393-4041
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Greece

PostSubject: Re: Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests.   Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 2:09 am

Plesioths arent hard. They are broken . Garuga on the other hand... Have to agree with vegeta on the hammer.. Dat ceanataur axe.
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests.   Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 5:43 am

Ares wrote:
Stop everything you're doing and go fight a few more HR ceanataurs and get that Ceanataur Head Axe.

That thing is a badass.
1144 raw, white sharpness (With sharpness +1, which you hopefully have on your Ceanataur S) and it upgrades to a badass 1300 raw, purple sharpness hammer.\

That'll do for garuga and the blangos.

But don't underestimate that garuga, he's the hardest monster to fight in 8* IMO, even narga is easier.

Your true devil slicer will own narga btw.

Sharpness+1 is natural to the set, no gemming required.

The skill I gemmed OUT was defense -20, so I now have no negative skills.

I gemmed in sharpening skill increase and attack up medium.

And ceanataur head axe shouldn't be a problem, I already have half the stuff for it.

Well, I did Shogun's encampment, and saw two giant ass shoguns, and I now have enough pincers for the heavy piercing crab! (Which I will use against high rank Shen Gaoren). I'm 1 claw+ short for the head axe though.

Before I was thinking about farming up some iron ore for the onslaught hammer (which I'm still gonna do, because it upgrades into one badass end-game weapon), but when I saw this ceanataur headaxe, I fell in love, considering my skills give it a crap ton of attack boosts.

Attack up medium, powertalon, powercharm, sharpness+1... this thing will definetly do, just wish it had water, then I could kick garuga's ass even easier.

Wow, I already feel more powerful than I do in tri xD
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests.   Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 9:25 am

Beware of the 8 Star Nekoht Garuga. It has a shit ton of health. I personally used the Special Ops Gunlance, and even then it was sheer murder.

Plessy is easy enough so long as you can guard, which kinda makes him Lance/Gunlance fodder.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests.   Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 1:15 pm

Wow... I over-reacted so much... That was so fking easy. Especially with the ceanataur head axe, I had 1326 attack!

I just mega demondrugged the hell outta me and mega armorskins, and I didn't die once!

Then again I trapped him 3 times, first time I bombed him.

Now, will the wyvern blade blood be good enough for the bl-bl-blangongas quest? I have to hunt at least 2 Blangongas but there's multiple Blangongas.
Back to top Go down
ScienceJesus
Felyne

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests.   Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 3:57 pm

Yeah it probobly will, but it is a low rank weapon, so dont expect to do it within 15 min. keep trying to upgrade it though, i know its needs rubies but it can be upgraded into the best fire longsword. i did it with true devil slicer. just remember to bomb and flash them a lot.
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests.   Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 3:59 pm

ScienceJesus wrote:
Yeah it probobly will, but it is a low rank weapon, so dont expect to do it within 15 min. keep trying to upgrade it though, i know its needs rubies but it can be upgraded into the best fire longsword. i did it with true devil slicer. just remember to bomb and flash them a lot.

Yeah, I mean, it is possible for me to get out my hammers and farm Los+, I just can't be bothered.

I don't know...
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests.   Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 4:20 pm

GrashXL002 wrote:
Wow... I over-reacted so much... That was so fking easy. Especially with the ceanataur head axe, I had 1326 attack!

I just mega demondrugged the hell outta me and mega armorskins, and I didn't die once!

Now, will the wyvern blade blood be good enough for the bl-bl-blangongas quest? I have to hunt at least 2 Blangongas but there's multiple Blangongas.

That blango quest is easy, quests with multiple monsters tend to be a joke, and I used wyv. blade blood and did fine. Give em' hell.
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests.   Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 4:21 pm

Ares wrote:
GrashXL002 wrote:

That blango quest is easy, quests with multiple monsters tend to be a joke, and I used wyv. blade blood and did fine. Give em' hell.

How long did it take? Just wondering, because if it takes too long I'll screw it and go for Wyvern Blade Maple.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests.   Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 4:24 pm

GrashXL002 wrote:
Ares wrote:
GrashXL002 wrote:

How long did it take? Just wondering, because if it takes too long I'll screw it and go for Wyvern Blade Maple.

Like maybe 10-15 minutes.

Quests that say Kill at least 2 reduce the monster health a lot. I might also add I didn't even have Ceanataur S when I did it, was still rockin' the azure los.
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests.   Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 4:28 pm

Ares wrote:
GrashXL002 wrote:
Ares wrote:
GrashXL002 wrote:

Quests that say Kill at least 2 reduce the monster health a lot. I might also add I didn't even have Ceanataur S when I did it, was still rockin' the azure los.

Guess attack up medium and sharpness+1 will make it even faster then, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests.   Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 4:38 pm

GrashXL002 wrote:
Ares wrote:
GrashXL002 wrote:
Ares wrote:

Guess attack up medium and sharpness+1 will make it even faster then, thanks!

No problem.
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests.   Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 5:54 pm

Oh, and does the hidden breaker have an upgrade?
Back to top Go down
Eddy
Seltas Queen
Eddy

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests.   Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 5:59 pm

Yeah, there is still the G-rank upgrade.
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests.   Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 6:05 pm

Eddy wrote:
Yeah, there is still the G-rank upgrade.

I hope it has high raw damage the high rank version gets PURPLE SHARPNESS and 50% AFFINITY, but the raw damage is slightly disappointing, as I said before, so I hope the g-rank upgrade has sky-rocketing raw damage.
Back to top Go down
Eddy
Seltas Queen
Eddy

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests.   Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 6:12 pm

Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests.   Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 10:05 pm

still inferior to the ceanataur head axe's final upgrade
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests.   Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 10:11 pm

Ares wrote:

Woot! I did it! I killed Narga! Fainted once though, he locked me in a corner with his tail swipe, no biggy though. Now onto high rank/g-rank nekoht quests... I also can't WAIT to do hr5 land of the tremors when I unlock it... *groans* And guess what? I have to do ANOTHER land of the tremors for NEKOHT... AND SILVER RATHALOS!!! God, I am not prepared... I also am forced to do rajang, is nekoht rajang G-rank (I god damn hope not).
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests.   Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 10:14 pm

GrashXL002 wrote:
Ares wrote:

Woot! I did it! I killed Narga! Fainted once though, he locked me in a corner with his tail swipe, no biggy though. Now onto high rank/g-rank nekoht quests... I also can't WAIT to do hr5 land of the tremors when I unlock it... *groans* And guess what? I have to do ANOTHER land of the tremors for NEKOHT... AND SILVER RATHALOS!!! God, I am not prepared... I also am forced to do rajang, is nekoht rajang G-rank (I god damn hope not).

No, Rajang is still High rank.

And truth be known, I still haven't beaten land of the tremors. I need to farm for the Kirin Great Sword.
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests.   Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 10:15 pm

Ares wrote:
GrashXL002 wrote:
Ares wrote:

And truth be known, I still haven't beaten land of the tremors. I need to farm for the Kirin Great Sword.

Thank god... because if Rajang was G-rank...
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests.   Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 10:23 pm

GrashXL002 wrote:
Ares wrote:
GrashXL002 wrote:
Ares wrote:

Thank god... because if Rajang was G-rank...

We'd all be fucked.
Back to top Go down
ScienceJesus
Felyne

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests.   Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 9:09 pm

If you need training for rajang, you can get the training school download quest, or do the final invitation village quest. in any case for rajang, you might wanna use the abominable bow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests.   Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is the hidden breaker worth getting + Help with 8* Nekoht quests.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next