Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Aliens: Colonial Marines - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Aliens: Colonial Marines - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

Aliens: Colonial Marines - Page 2 Empty
PostAliens: Colonial Marines

EDIT: Placing this Edit here. With the game release so close I just wanted to post a disclaimer that should be common sense but people sometimes forget or just don't care so here it is. When the game is released you are more than welcome to post info in the thread about the game and the story, however if you do so, if it can EVEN be SLIGHTLY considered a spoiler (no coy hints or anything about like "oh just WAIT till you get to 'X room' ") you MUST post it in a spoiler, I will not tolerate spoilers of the games story or anything revealing not being under a spoiler tag.

If you are here at this post and you don't know how to spoiler a message you can do it one of two ways, you can click the others tab above the typing area for posting and select spoiler, it will put two brackets that look like [.spoiler][./spoiler] without the periods there, and you can put your text between the two spoiler brackets, or you can just type out whatever you want and then highlight your post and select the spoiler option and it will auto do it for you.

I have a very heavy personal interest in this game and not to mention that everyone moves and plays at their own pace, people know what a spoiler tag means so spoilers ARE allowed but they must be tagged or the post will be deleted and the user warned.

Here is a spoiler example without any real spoilers but to show you how it will appear:
Spoiler:

Lastly you are free to use this topic to share Gamertags or Wii U friend codes or whatever to party up. Enjoy.

For those who are oddly out of the loop, Aliens: Colonial Marines comes out multi-platform February 12th.

Events take place right after Aliens itself. I shall be playing it on the 13th (sadly here in Louisiana I somehow managed to place my Pre-order for the collector's edition at the ONE Gamestop that is closed on the 12 due to Mardi Gras because it's inside a shopping mall on the parade-route that's closed.).

However who else here is getting it, and for what system (PC, XBOX 360, PS3)?

And for those who don't know and are still clueless I leave you these links:

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-Aliens+Colonial+Marines

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/aliens-colonial-marines

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/aliens-colonial-marines-collectors-edition/102613 (XBOX version I'm getting, normally I'm a PC nut because PC is best for shooters, however PC version does not have collectors, only XBOX and PS3).

Last edited by Nova on Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:35 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Aliens: Colonial Marines :: Comments

Phazon Xenomorph
Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines
Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:29 pm by Phazon Xenomorph
Ultimate Jaggi wrote:
Apparently this game isn't all it's hyped up to be...

It has a 47 on metacritic and IGN have it a 4.5... ouch.

Reportedly, the AI (xenomorphs) are extremely stupid and slow (nothing like the movie xenos)

Any word on how multiplayer is looking?
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:11 pm by Phazon Xenomorph
Wow. Just read a few non-spoiler reviews of the game and I gotta say this sounds like someone somewhere screwed up big time on the game, I'll find out for myself tommorrow but with graphical glitches and clipping textures abound, this sounds really bad, and apparently multiplayer Xeno controls are clunky.

Someone screwed up somewhere that's for sure, someones definitely getting fired and I suspect FOX won't be happy that someone screwed one of their prized series up so badly.
Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:15 pm by Guest
the minute i saw sega was making the game i just assumed it would be bad

sega can't make anything good these days
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:28 pm by Phazon Xenomorph
Vortiene wrote:
the minute i saw sega was making the game i just assumed it would be bad

sega can't make anything good these days

Supposedly from one comment I read, Gearbox didn't even make the game nor did Sega, apparently Gearbox tried to do the multiplayer and the main story and development of the game was outsourced to a company called Time-somethingtheother...

Someone seriously needs to be fired for screwing up a game with so much potential. I myself will probably enjoy it still (especially if the music tracks are good) but I most likely am no longer expecting to be blown away by massive amounts of creativity.
Yamatsu
Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:43 pm by Yamatsu
^Gearbox have been outsourcing everything recently :/

As a Borderlands 2 player I sure as hell am hoping the "bizarro" themed DLC will be made by them, as well as the "mega-DLC." Though I enjoyed the others, all of them had something which brought them down.
I'll settle for one giant gearbox-made DLC that is amazing though ;)
Alice
Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:47 pm by Alice
I assumed this game would be bad the moment I say the trailer. However I was interested in how the MP would be. But if it ever comes used for like 8 dollars, I will buy it.
Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:50 pm by Snagglux
Ultimate Jaggi wrote:
Reportedly, the AI (xenomorphs) are extremely stupid and slow (nothing like the movie xenos)

Aliens: Colonial Marines - Page 2 H3A96DBD7

AI seems fine to me.
Ultimate Jaggi
Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:52 pm by Ultimate Jaggi
Snagglux wrote:
Ultimate Jaggi wrote:

AI seems fine to me.

I was just relaying what I read in a review XD
(hence the "reportedly")
And anyways, the AI still doesn't look that good according to the GIF

Last edited by Ultimate Jaggi on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:52 pm by Phazon Xenomorph
Yamatsu wrote:
^Gearbox have been outsourcing everything recently :/

As a Borderlands 2 player I sure as hell am hoping the "bizarro" themed DLC will be made by them, as well as the "mega-DLC." Though I enjoyed the others, all of them had something which brought them down.
I'll settle for one giant gearbox-made DLC that is amazing though ;)

Yeah, hopefully massive amounts of overtime inducing patching and DLC will fix what is wrong with the bugs (lol) of the game and make it a little better.

Someone's getting fired for sure though, the Alien Franchise is one of FOX's flagship titles as far as movies go, not to mention the first two movies (Aliens especially) set the bar for Sci-Fi movies and themes to be followed. FOX has a lot of power as a company and someone is undoubtedly going to fall for this.

Not sure how they'll pull off patching the console release versions of the game, the PC one can be fixed with mega patching and outright redoing the code if need be, but the console ones ...not sure there.
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:55 pm by Phazon Xenomorph
Snagglux wrote:
Ultimate Jaggi wrote:

AI seems fine to me.

Not sure if that's a spoiler of any kind but that AI seems overly dumb. That is just atrocious to fail that badly, also the movement looks clunky on the Aliens part, they are supposed to be very agile.
Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:05 pm by Guest
Nova wrote:
Snagglux wrote:
Ultimate Jaggi wrote:

AI seems fine to me.

Not sure if that's a spoiler of any kind but that AI seems overly dumb. That is just atrocious to fail that badly, also the movement looks clunky on the Aliens part, they are supposed to be very agile.

check this out

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/02/12/how-much-of-aliens-colonial-marines-did-gearbox-actually-make
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:51 pm by Phazon Xenomorph
Vortiene wrote:

check this out

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/02/12/how-much-of-aliens-colonial-marines-did-gearbox-actually-make

Goddamnit....why the hell would they deliberately do that and outsource that much of the game that would be of extreme importance.
Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:02 am by Guest
i hate when devs release something they know should not be released...

(sonic the hedgehog 2006)
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:17 am by Phazon Xenomorph
Vortiene wrote:
i hate when devs release something they know should not be released...

(sonic the hedgehog 2006)

Well thanks to their antics I'm gonna go ahead and say it'll likely be many years before we ever see another AVP or Aliens game, quite possibly never unless we get another movie to spark peoples interest in them again.
Will
Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:22 am by Will
Between outsourcing this and outsourcing most of the work on BL2 DLC resulting in pretty shitty DLC, I honestly believe Gearbox is going to fail, they had a good run, and by a good run I mean BL1 and all of its awesome DLC
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:09 am by Phazon Xenomorph
http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=244479

http://n4g.com/news/1172216/sega-aliens-colonial-marines-sp-was-not-outsourced-to-timegate-studios

TimeGate only did PART of the work according to Sega, Gearbox is 100% to blame for the problems with the game.
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:52 am by Phazon Xenomorph
Aliens: Colonial Marines - Page 2 344s7fb

Found that edited from the original on the Gearbox Forums.
Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:53 pm by Guest
Nova wrote:
Aliens: Colonial Marines - Page 2 344s7fb

Found that edited from the original on the Gearbox Forums.

LOL
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:51 pm by Phazon Xenomorph
Playing it now, definitely see the visual and graphics problems, though gameplay wise it's kinda fun (if you're an Aliens fan). Thanks to preorder I'm rocking Ripleys Flamethrower like there's no tomorrow.
dcj91x
Post Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:52 pm by dcj91x
Wellll... want the good news or the bad?

Here's both.. After all the negative reviews that A:CM has been recieving on the PS360 Sega has decided to hold off on releasing the WiiU version.. "Not Cancel". Some feel as bad as the game was on the other system it would have just been best to not release it on the WiiU at all.. Instead, Sega is likely going to "fix/update" the WiiU version adding to it over the other console versions... This could be a good thing or a. much worse thing depending on how they do it. The new release date is not determined and exactly what Segas plans are with the WiiU version are unclear.. But when and now after the release of the other two version "if" it's released... It will likely not be exactly the same game that was originally going to be released and that was released on the PS360.
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:44 pm by Phazon Xenomorph
dcj91x wrote:
Wellll... want the good news or the bad?

Here's both.. After all the negative reviews that A:CM has been recieving on the PS360 Sega has decided to hold off on releasing the WiiU version.. "Not Cancel". Some feel as bad as the game was on the other system it would have just been best to not release it on the WiiU at all.. Instead, Sega is likely going to "fix/update" the WiiU version adding to it over the other console versions... This could be a good thing or a. much worse thing depending on how they do it. The new release date is not determined and exactly what Segas plans are with the WiiU version are unclear.. But when and now after the release of the other two version "if" it's released... It will likely not be exactly the same game that was originally going to be released and that was released on the PS360.

Interesting, what I played yesterday I stopped after landing on the planet, so I'm not done yet but I can confirm for myself I do see the poor graphics, the cutscene screen tearing, the motion tracker is blurry which ruins some of the immersion of using it to read how far the Xenos are, the weapons handle fine from what I've used, but I'm not really getting scared or thrilled from playing or having Xenos jump out, supposedly multiplayer is better but I have yet to try it.
Will
Post Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:16 am by Will
Nova wrote:
http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=244479

http://n4g.com/news/1172216/sega-aliens-colonial-marines-sp-was-not-outsourced-to-timegate-studios

TimeGate only did PART of the work according to Sega, Gearbox is 100% to blame for the problems with the game.

Weird, I heard that Gearbox for the most part really only did the MP while timegate did the vast majority of SP, which would explain why the MP is good and the SP is kinda cruddy.
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:24 am by Phazon Xenomorph
Multiplayer is garbage. First off there's no dedicated servers, so whoever has the best internet connection is set up as host and pretty much gets a nice advantage over everyone else, not to mention the hosts team will almost always win. In addition Xeno controls are definitely weird to understand at first (unlike prior games where I could easily figure it out in a few moments).

When going against the other team who has the Host Connection I can empty 5+ rounds of a shotgun into a Xeno player at point blank and often he won't drop. Flamethrower and Ripley's Flamethrower are next to useless from what I've tested so far, better to just blast them all down and/or try to pulse rifle grenade them.

In addition to the host connection issue, even with it showing me with a nice and decent green latency, opening the score menu causes momentary lag.

Very unpleasant experience.
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:23 pm by Phazon Xenomorph
Finally something positive, once I got some good connections / hosts multiplayer got REAL fun REAL quick.

Xenos are fun once you understand the off-the-bat complex controls (i swear none of the AVP games had I ever had that problem). And while they do start off weak compared to Marines (especially anyone who started the game on Soldier or harder and completed it), they grow FAST in power once you start unlocking their abilities. Also finding a Boiler or Crusher on the map is FUN but I found a way (have yet to unlock the crucial ability) to get a Spitter to function as a respawnable Boiler...I pity whoever gets in my way once I do that.
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:51 am by Phazon Xenomorph
Got my Spitter Xeno to rank 18 and unlocked the Rupture ability. I now have an on-demand melee / kamikaze wanna-be Boiler for OP goodness.
Post  by Sponsored content

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Things we do when not hunting :: Passing the time when not on MH :: Non-MH Games and Gaming-
Jump to: