Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Mix armor speculations Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Mix armor speculations Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mix armor speculations

Go down 
+4
haruno
dcj91x
Sai_
Antari18
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Mix armor speculations Empty
PostSubject: Mix armor speculations   Mix armor speculations Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 7:20 pm

I dunno what to think about mix armor sets on 3 Ultimate. I know it's early, i know the game doesn't even came out outside of Japan. But still, i saw many videos on youtube with japanese players wearing full sets instead of some mixed creativity. And i mean many.

I can be wrong but is Capcom trying to force us into using full sets in some way? Of course we still have an option of mixing. Tho I gotta feeling it's much more rewarded to usefull set than trying to create something on your own. Each G rank sets got few usefull skills for instance ice agnaktor blademaster. It's perfect for lance/gunlance users so the only option is to get full set and gem 2 more skills with proper tali. It's like... pointless to try something else. And there are many more examples. Adding the fact only 3 slot tali is dependable and we got the idea.

I know that some of you likes to use full sets, but some of us don't. It's presonal issue. I was pokin with MHAG lately and that's what comes out of it.

So what do you think?
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Mix armor speculations   Mix armor speculations Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 8:32 pm

G rank armor is incredible. They want us to use full sets. Not to mention how versatile Yamato+ armor is, and how cool looking it is, or Black Lagiacrus' Abyss armor Stellar Hunter skill.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Mix armor speculations   Mix armor speculations Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 12:27 am

I'm a big proponent of mixed sets, for a lot of people they are the only way to get some skills together.

Most videos you will not find people using mixed sets. Full sets just look better for that.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Mix armor speculations   Mix armor speculations Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 3:36 am

Full sets look better than mixed sets k thx.

Also dual skills (rampage, stellar hunter etc) must be in a full set since the torso gives you next to no skill points so no torso up for you </3
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Mix armor speculations   Mix armor speculations Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 7:39 am

Sai_ wrote:
G rank armor is incredible. They want us to use full sets. Not to mention how versatile Yamato+ armor is, and how cool looking it is, or Black Lagiacrus' Abyss armor Stellar Hunter skill.

Yeah i feel same way. But still if you remove one part of Yamato+ armor for Sword Saint Earing for instance, you can't gem in both razor sharp and sharpness+1 with only 3 sloted tali. It's better to stick with full sets because it's easier and even with deafult tali you can get proper results. For me right now, before the game land on shelves, it's bit boring seeing Yamato+ with GS in like every video. It's like Helios in Tri, become boring over some time if you see everyone wearing it. When it comes to GS i hardly ever see anyone tryin mixin some stuff on 3 Ultimate. And to be honest Yamato+ is not that great, aside from it's amazing look. It's and will be overused for that reason.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Mix armor speculations   Mix armor speculations Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 11:08 am

Antari18 wrote:
Sai_ wrote:

Yeah i feel same way. But still if you remove one part of Yamato+ armor for Sword Saint Earing for instance, you can't gem in both razor sharp and sharpness+1 with only 3 sloted tali. It's better to stick with full sets because it's easier and even with deafult tali you can get proper results. For me right now, before the game land on shelves, it's bit boring seeing Yamato+ with GS in like every video. It's like Helios in Tri, become boring over some time if you see everyone wearing it. When it comes to GS i hardly ever see anyone tryin mixin some stuff on 3 Ultimate. And to be honest Yamato+ is not that great, aside from it's amazing look. It's and will be overused for that reason.

^ Not everyone wants those skills or that look.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Mix armor speculations   Mix armor speculations Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 11:21 am

I hope you're right my friend Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Mix armor speculations   Mix armor speculations Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 11:36 am

In MHFU, armor sets were almost exclusively worn without mixing. IMO this was because almost every single piece of a set of armor had the same exact stats as the other pieces of that set.

In MHTri, mixing was and is done, because certain pieces have a disproportionate amount of skills compared to others. Quick example, the Diablos Vambracers have +5 Crit Draw skill. That is ridiculously huge. Pair that with a Tali with +5, and you instantly have critical draw. Replace the bracers in the Baggi set, gem to replace the Fast charge skill and you now have a set with Focus, and Critical Draw... amazing for a GS user. With a little more tweaking, you could even add a few more skills by being smart about which pieces you replace with what.

MH3U if they have specific pieces that have a huge amount of a single skill, will indeed see some mix & match... but ultimately, at the end, and at G rank, full sets will probably have the most to offer. Not to mention they look much better than a mix case.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Mix armor speculations   Mix armor speculations Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 12:19 pm

Sephastus wrote:
MH3U if they have specific pieces that have a huge amount of a single skill, will indeed see some mix & match... but ultimately, at the end, and at G rank, full sets will probably have the most to offer. Not to mention they look much better than a mix case.

Sounds like full sets are the only ones that look cool. Sorry but have to disagree. Try to respect others opinions please. Better look of full set is not fact. It's just your opinion.

I noticed why it's way harder to mix in 3U. The answer is mainly talis. In 3U it's impossible to get CD+7 like in Tri. Max is CD+5 not to mention thx to locked tables you can rely only on 3 sloted tali.

There are some exceptions. I saw many great mix uraggan hammer sets, with different armor pieces for each part of body. Mabye it's just a matter of time and i'm able to figure sth out when the game finally strikes Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Mix armor speculations   Mix armor speculations Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 12:25 pm

You know... I posted this in the wrong thread...

Wellll...... As far as "JUST FOR LOOKS"

for my gunner I'ma go with:

Helm
Spoiler:

Chest
Spoiler:

Arms
Spoiler:

Waist
Spoiler:

Legs
Spoiler:

And touch it all off with a nice Burnt orange dye color..

Now.. keep in mind this is just going to be my "Look good for a night out set"
Back to top Go down
Outkin
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada BC

PostSubject: Re: Mix armor speculations   Mix armor speculations Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 12:32 pm

(sorry, still a rookie but...) I never mixed much...is this nerf for low rank as well as G-rank? If for both....well poo. If it's just for G-rank, then in my eyes it's justified. These are the most powerful sets in the game, made from hard work and the tears of fallen rookies. Do we need to be even stronger after all that?
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Mix armor speculations   Mix armor speculations Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 12:50 pm

Antari18 wrote:
Sephastus wrote:

Sounds like full sets are the only ones that look cool. Sorry but have to disagree. Try to respect others opinions please. Better look of full set is not fact. It's just your opinion.

I respect your statement, but I never said "full sets are the only ones that look cool. I said: "Not to mention they (as in a full set of the same type of armor) look much better than a mix case (when said mix case was done SOLELY to bring out skills, which is the premise of my argument)."

If you just want "skills", then a mix set is most probably not going to look as good as a set designed from the ground up to match AND carry the skill you want.

If you mix and match with the express outcome being a set that looks good only, then of course it will look better to you than a set that is put together only to match the form of the monster that it took to make it.

You could still argue that I was wrong in my assertion, but I still see the validity of my statement, and overall, it is more fact than opinion. Now if you want to say that to YOUR eyes, mix sets are better looking than whole sets, that would be opinion, but in general, which is facts are based on, things designed to match usually look better than those stitched together with random purposes.

To each their own though, and it could be argued that perception of harmony and beauty is in the realm of the person doing the beholding... iow, could all just be opinion.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Mix armor speculations   Mix armor speculations Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 1:03 pm

Outkin wrote:
(sorry, still a rookie but...) I never mixed much...is this nerf for low rank as well as G-rank? If for both....well poo. If it's just for G-rank, then in my eyes it's justified. These are the most powerful sets in the game, made from hard work and the tears of fallen rookies. Do we need to be even stronger after all that?

Honestly.. In previous games (before MH3U) there were end armor sets and weapons which were the best ones to get and basically those were the ones EVERYONE (almost) went for. A lot of long time players still had fun mixing and matching for particular skills they liked best but overall you would see the same weapons and armors on most everybody.

With MH3U there are A LOT!!!! of weapons and armors to choose from as well as skills. In a way it promotes people using different stuff a lot more (hence the change in a lot of the weapon mechanics).

Mix armors while great, if you know exactly what you are looking for, (a lot of time I just like to put cool looking sets together to heck with the skills) you can get a variety of Skills that you normally wouldn't be able to get with a Single Full Set.

But again it preferance and play style. Starting out in Lower ranks full sets are almost always the best way to go especially if you are new to the game and series. Once you learn a bit more and develop a play style of your own that works in a group or solo Mixed sets in High rank work really well.. With "G" rank in 3U.. Well it's hit and miss. Some sets have pieces with high values in one area and very low values in another.. so if you combine the full set you get the skills the whole armor provides but Mixing and matching takes a little more time. Also the Talis and gems are a big part of figuring out what set works best (For you).

Remember everyone has a different play style that may work better for them than others which means the skills that BEST MATCH THEM may not be the ones that work for someone else.

For me I hated Evasion skills because I never needed them but they worked great for a lot of other people. But for me Sneak was amazing because it allowed me to get right up on a monster and do a full GS charge before they ever reacted... So just learn what works for you and for the groups you play with, until then the base sets may be the way to go for you.

Seph and Antar, basically the same goes for your opinions as well.. it really depends on each players play style and experiance. Basic Full sets as I stated will be best for most but not always for everyone especially those who have played for years and have developed different fighting styles of their own.

Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Mix armor speculations   Mix armor speculations Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 2:11 pm

dcj91x wrote:
I'm a big proponent of mixed sets, for a lot of people they are the only way to get some skills together.

Most videos you will not find people using mixed sets. Full sets just look better for that.

From the players that I've spoken too that play ultimate already, the majority of players dont wear mixed sets, and prefer full sets for both looks and the skills.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Mix armor speculations   Mix armor speculations Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 2:23 pm

The players I've seen hunting wear mixed sets cuz they like having the skills they want/need
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Mix armor speculations   Mix armor speculations Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 3:10 pm

Mixed sets are perfect for those that want a specific set of skills, but so can full sets with the appropiate gemmings and talisman. I know i will be wearing a bunch of full sets..they look awesome xD but i will also be rockin some hopefully OP mixed sets!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Mix armor speculations   Mix armor speculations Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 3:31 pm

But that's the main problem. Mix sets on 3 Ultimate have problems with being OP. It's more effective and easier in general to make full sets than try invent somethin. For instance with mixin you barely get 3-4 usefull skills, and with full G rank armors you already have 3 very good skills. Add some good tali and you can gem 2-3 more skills.

Still it's interesting that when i started this topic i was talkin about mixing mechanics. Out of nowhere we started talking about the look of armors which totally wasn't my intention. Simply because it's very individual preference.

Like dcj91x said this game reflects each player play style and experiance. That's one huge aspect of Tri which hooked me for many hours. And now I feel kinda limited like Capcom is nearly forcing me to use full sets and play like everyone.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Mix armor speculations   Mix armor speculations Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 3:38 pm

Antari18 wrote:
But that's the main problem. Mix sets on 3 Ultimate have problems with being OP. It's more effective and easier in general to make full sets than try invent somethin. For instance with mixin you barely get 3-4 usefull skills, and with full G rank armors you already have 3 very good skills. Add some good tali and you can gem 2-3 more skills.

Still it's interesting that when i started this topic i was talkin about mixing mechanics. Out of nowhere we started talking about the look of armors which totally wasn't my intention. Simply because it's very individual preference.

Like dcj91x said this game reflects each player play style and experiance. That's one huge aspect of Tri which hooked me for many hours. And now I feel kinda limited like Capcom is nearly forcing me to use full sets and play like everyone.

I think you are looking at it in the wrong way. You also I think are missing the point that some of the Skills in 3U have been re-worked and that some of the G rank sets also have a lot of -negative skills as well.

So yea.. ya get several skills but how many are useful to you and how many negskills do you have?
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Mix armor speculations   Mix armor speculations Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 3:41 pm

Antari18 wrote:

Well, if I can put MHFU as an example, even amongst the oldest players using the same main weapon... they still went for different skillsets depending on what they wanted to do during the hunt.

Not everyone is going for all out self DPS. Some actually want to focus on trapping, sleep bombing, inflicting status, tanking, ect ect. Even myself on several ocasions, I switched out gear to attempt to do specific radical things during the hunts. Depending on my mood, I didn't even go into a group quest thinking about doing massive damage, but instead be a huge inconvinience to the monster being hunted.

Of course, for solo play, when I wanted to take down some G ranked beasties, I would always go for whatever would grant me the best chance to take down the monster at the quickest time possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mix armor speculations   Mix armor speculations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mix armor speculations
Page 1 of 1