Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
3DS and Wii U - How do I connect to other players with a 3DS? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
3DS and Wii U - How do I connect to other players with a 3DS? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

3DS and Wii U - How do I connect to other players with a 3DS?

Go down 
+2
Saisei
PixelP
6 posters
AuthorMessage
PixelP
Popo
PixelP

Thank you Points : 1

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

3DS and Wii U - How do I connect to other players with a 3DS? Empty
PostSubject: 3DS and Wii U - How do I connect to other players with a 3DS?   3DS and Wii U - How do I connect to other players with a 3DS? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 9:37 am

So, I own a 3DS and people say MH3U online does not work on the 3DS. I know that they're wrong but still do not know how to connect. I've seen 4 people connect to each other via 3DS. This was local wireless and I still don't know how to even use that kind of connection. Then, I've seen in the MH3U ads saying that connect with other players all over the world with your Wii U and 3DS. This is what is confusing me. All I need is a clear answer on how each device connects to other players.
Back to top Go down
Saisei
Felyne
Saisei

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: 3DS and Wii U - How do I connect to other players with a 3DS?   3DS and Wii U - How do I connect to other players with a 3DS? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 9:40 am

The 3DS cannot play online unless there is a Wii-U present. There is software that allows your 3DS to wirelessly connect to your 3DS and then your 3DS uses an ethernet cable (accessory required, sold seperately) to connect to the internet. Your 3DS can also connect to a Wii-U and play together.

However, the 3DS does NOT have stand alone online capability. Kind of a moot technology if you ask me.

Edit: You can also connect to other 3DS' as well locally. Your wireless switch needs to be on and you just talk to the travel cat in your village, then go to Multiplayer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3DS and Wii U - How do I connect to other players with a 3DS?   3DS and Wii U - How do I connect to other players with a 3DS? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 9:53 am

don't make a damn topic for every question you have please, also, fix your font size.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: 3DS and Wii U - How do I connect to other players with a 3DS?   3DS and Wii U - How do I connect to other players with a 3DS? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 10:09 am

Also, whenever both the wiiu Player and the 3ds player are in a multiplayer room, in order for the rooms to become connected, the 3ds player must tap the "search for friends" option on the touch screen. At that point, the wiiu players name should show up and you can enter their room.

Last edited by Ares on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
PixelP
Popo
PixelP

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: 3DS and Wii U - How do I connect to other players with a 3DS?   3DS and Wii U - How do I connect to other players with a 3DS? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 10:21 am

Vortiene wrote:
don't make a damn topic for every question you have please, also, fix your font size.

This is the font I like to use, deal with it like the other people who read my topics. Also, I can make a topic if I want to, you can't tell me what to do, only an admin can.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: 3DS and Wii U - How do I connect to other players with a 3DS?   3DS and Wii U - How do I connect to other players with a 3DS? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 10:29 am

We can READ it that is not the issue it's more to avoid page stretching. Doesn't matter if you like it or not just is rude to the other members having to go through your entire post which is actually not very long but, your font makes it seem longer than it actually is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3DS and Wii U - How do I connect to other players with a 3DS?   3DS and Wii U - How do I connect to other players with a 3DS? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 10:40 am

PixelP wrote:

You are the boss of me!

pretty much
Back to top Go down
Chagrilled
Chagrilled

Thank you Points : 34

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: 3DS and Wii U - How do I connect to other players with a 3DS?   3DS and Wii U - How do I connect to other players with a 3DS? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 10:43 am

your questions are indeed short enough to warrent posting in this thread https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/t9139-monster-hunter-u-qa-thread as opposed to making a whole topic which would last a couple of posts.

and please resize your font, it is stretching the screen, and is a bit obnoxious :P
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: 3DS and Wii U - How do I connect to other players with a 3DS?   3DS and Wii U - How do I connect to other players with a 3DS? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 10:46 am

PixelP wrote:
Vortiene wrote:

This is the font I like to use, deal with it like the other people who read my topics. Also, I can make a topic if I want to, you can't tell me what to do, only an admin can.

Please show a little bit of respect to the other members of the forum, also, Vortiene is correct, using other fonts frequently is frowned apon, because not everyone is used to the large font, it stretches the page, makes for a bigger post, and it's just unnecessary. I assure you an admin will agree with these things, so please, just to keep yourself out of trouble, leave your font size a default and try not to make too many threads, you could have easily fit the two questions you asked into one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
PixelP
Popo
PixelP

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: 3DS and Wii U - How do I connect to other players with a 3DS?   3DS and Wii U - How do I connect to other players with a 3DS? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 10:59 am

Yuki wrote:
We can READ it that is not the issue it's more to avoid page stretching. Doesn't matter if you like it or not just is rude to the other members having to go through your entire post which is actually not very long but, your font makes it seem longer than it actually is.

I see, sorry for inconvenience. I'll stick with the normal font.
Back to top Go down
PixelP
Popo
PixelP

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: 3DS and Wii U - How do I connect to other players with a 3DS?   3DS and Wii U - How do I connect to other players with a 3DS? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 11:02 am

Ares wrote:
PixelP wrote:
Vortiene wrote:

Please show a little bit of respect to the other members of the forum, also, Vortiene is correct, using other fonts frequently is frowned apon, because not everyone is used to the large font, it stretches the page, makes for a bigger post, and it's just unnecessary. I assure you an admin will agree with these things, so please, just to keep yourself out of trouble, leave your font size a default and try not to make too many threads, you could have easily fit the two questions you asked into one.

Sorry again for the inconvenience, I already replied to someone's post saying this. I'll stick with the normal font. Also, how did Vortiene get that sliding text? It's cool.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: 3DS and Wii U - How do I connect to other players with a 3DS?   3DS and Wii U - How do I connect to other players with a 3DS? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 11:03 am

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3DS and Wii U - How do I connect to other players with a 3DS?   3DS and Wii U - How do I connect to other players with a 3DS? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3DS and Wii U - How do I connect to other players with a 3DS?
Page 1 of 1