Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Any other import 3G players here? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Any other import 3G players here? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Any other import 3G players here?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jew Wario
Aptonoth
Jew Wario

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

Any other import 3G players here? Empty
PostSubject: Any other import 3G players here?   Any other import 3G players here? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 9:56 pm

I love that I'll be able to have play 3G with 3Ultimate players...

But are you a bit disappointed that you cannot transfer your Japanese 3G hunter to the US WiiU version? I am.
Back to top Go down
http://youcanplaythis.com/
Arkenaw
Rhenoplos
Arkenaw

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Any other import 3G players here?   Any other import 3G players here? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 10:14 pm

I would have the Japanese version if the stupid nintendo consoles weren't region locked.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/arkenaw#
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Any other import 3G players here?   Any other import 3G players here? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 10:16 pm

Yeah I imported Tri G but sold my JP 3DS and Tri G later. It's coming out here and overall I'm sick of delays in English releases with MH but don't want to learn Japanese as it would be of no benefit to me in life. I know you don't need it really for MH but to get full use if a JP system it would be needed.

So yea no more region locked imports for me.
Back to top Go down
Jew Wario
Aptonoth
Jew Wario

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Any other import 3G players here?   Any other import 3G players here? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 10:19 pm

Arkenaw wrote:
I would have the Japanese version if the stupid nintendo consoles weren't region locked.
I am lucky to have a Japanese and US 3DS... yeah, I just cannot understand why Nintendo does region locking. They say it's because of the ESRB... but Sony seems to have no worries as their PS3/Vita/PSP are region free. So I have NO idea what's going on in the Nintendo side of things.

But it will be nice to play my Japanese 3G with US hunters when 3U comes out (locally at least).
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Any other import 3G players here?   Any other import 3G players here? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 10:22 pm

Jew Wario wrote:
Arkenaw wrote:
I am lucky to have a Japanese and US 3DS... yeah, I just cannot understand why Nintendo does region locking. They say it's because of the ESRB... but Sony seems to have no worries as their PS3/Vita/PSP are region free. So I have NO idea what's going on in the Nintendo side of things.

But it will be nice to play my Japanese 3G with US hunters when 3U comes out (locally at least).
Doesn't 3DS have a lock on local communications too? Like for local multiplayer between different region systems.
Back to top Go down
Jew Wario
Aptonoth
Jew Wario

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Any other import 3G players here?   Any other import 3G players here? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 11:07 pm

Yamatsu wrote:

Doesn't 3DS have a lock on local communications too? Like for local multiplayer between different region systems.
Not that I have discovered. All the other Japanese games that I have that I (or friends) have in US versions are cross compatible. We can play Street Fighter 4 fine as well as other games too. And Street Pass works fine cross compatibly too.

I can even play both US and Japanese DS games on my Japanese 3DS. It's only locked for regional 3DS games.

Now, I cannot download US games on the 3DS nor access US Nintendo Shop stuff... but I can access the local internet easy.

And Capcom has said that other regions can cross play with others. It's just save games cannot transfer cross regionally.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Any other import 3G players here?   Any other import 3G players here? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 11:24 pm

3DS does not have a lock on region communication just as the WiiU does not. I get street passes from people with Japan and EU 3DS and play games with them all the time.

As far as why Nintendo does the region locking its for security reasons. The reason it took so long for the 3DS to be hacked and why the WiiU has do much protection is that by having region locked systems and games it allows them to do updates more easily by regions and to identify hacks and mods by regions more easily. There's more to it than that as well but I'm typing on my phone.

Regardless what nintendo does do to make up for that can't be denied, they have done a huge push in localizing games, they have started putting out many eshop games and indie games on the 3DS and are really supporting indie conpanies on the WiiU as well as giving less and less reasons for those who had legitament reasons to need to import to do so. Hopefully we will see less time in between game releases with Nintendo pushing more developers to localize and not keep games to a single region.
Back to top Go down
Jew Wario
Aptonoth
Jew Wario

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Any other import 3G players here?   Any other import 3G players here? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 2:27 am

dcj91x wrote:

Hopefully we will see less time in between game releases with Nintendo pushing more developers to localize and not keep games to a single region.
HEAR, HEAR!
Back to top Go down
blueberryvibe
Aptonoth

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Any other import 3G players here?   Any other import 3G players here? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 12:41 pm

Could any of you guys who have played the game do an input inte the thread about lower resolution on the weapons. It would be great to hear the opinion from someone who actually have the game : )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any other import 3G players here?   Any other import 3G players here? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any other import 3G players here?
Page 1 of 1