Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Jhen Mohran Event impressions Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Jhen Mohran Event impressions Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jhen Mohran Event impressions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Jhen Mohran Event impressions Empty
PostSubject: Jhen Mohran Event impressions   Jhen Mohran Event impressions Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 7:42 pm

I downloaded the event quest yesterday. I'm playing on 3DS so i can only solo him. My question - is it hard to solo him? It's a repel or kill quest so it should be pretty safe... but i can see that many people have problem with him destroying the ship.

I'm planning to face it with with S. Zinogre GS (1 form unfortunately) and armor skills, Crit draw, HGE, Focus, Sharpness+1. Is it good idea? Any advices from someone who soloed him?
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Sir Tristen
Aptonoth
Sir Tristen

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Jhen Mohran Event impressions   Jhen Mohran Event impressions Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 9:55 pm

I soloed him in Moga, and my impression that it is doable, but more difficult solo. The problem is you have to stop hitting him to use the gong and binder and dragonator, so you really can't climb up on him and wail on him, or you risk losing the ship. I managed to repel him my first try, and I haven't done it again since.

If you have strong enough gear and/or use the cannons and ballista well, you will be fine. I just feel that the Jhen Moran was meant to be hunted with at leas two. . .
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Jhen Mohran Event impressions   Jhen Mohran Event impressions Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 1:02 am

you fought High rank nerfed for village Jhen, He means to fight G rank Mohran.

The game was 1 person only anyway, with the right set you will be ready to go
Back to top Go down
juniglee
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Jhen Mohran Event impressions   Jhen Mohran Event impressions Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 6:42 am

Hi I'm actually looking to try it as well. Except I'll want to try using either a lance or LS. I'm playing on the 3DS as well.

My only problem is the common one - I can't be at 3 places at the same time. By the time I hit the 35 minute mark, it's usually destroyed my ship by then.

I've just been doing a bit of googling, and came across this video of a guy solo-ing G-Rank Jhen. All I recognize is the Dios Lance, and that he has Sharpness +1. He did it in about 40 minutes. Also his Cha-Cha and Kayamba are using Artillery and Lamp Masks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDK1qfAVVyA&list=PLC5CABFC5A900C876&index=34

Wish I knew what set he was using. Otherwise I'll have to wait for meetups with my friend to farm Jhen materials.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Jhen Mohran Event impressions   Jhen Mohran Event impressions Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 7:32 am

He's using Hollowed Jhen Mohran, probably gemmed in bombardier, guard+1. Yeah i saw that video. It took him 40 minutes to kill it although he got pretty OP weapon and armor. The main problem in the quest is not HP of monster because it's a repel or kill quest. After 50 minutes you'll repel it for sure and get materials. The main problem is that by that time Jhen will most likely destroy the ship...

In the comment section the author even said that G rank Jhen is way harder than Hollowed Jhen... Now that just scares the shit out of me. I really wanna get G rank Jhen armor because it got decent skills and looks awesome imho.
Back to top Go down
juniglee
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Jhen Mohran Event impressions   Jhen Mohran Event impressions Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 7:42 am

Yeah I'd like to make the set too, but then now I don't think that I'll ever be able to do it solo with my current set of equipment. I just really dislike how there is no way of stopping him from damaging your ship other than 3 possible ways, all of which have a rather long cooldown among them.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Jhen Mohran Event impressions   Jhen Mohran Event impressions Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 8:08 am

I'm gonna try today face him. I'll be using dragon GS with crit draw instead of slime. I guess the way to go is to abuse dragonator, than focus on legs to make him back off. Than if he come closer use binder and gong, than start hitting legs again. The time limit is actually screwing you up, it will be easier to guard the ship for 30 minutes rather than 50...
Back to top Go down
MHAEL
Aptonoth
MHAEL

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Jhen Mohran Event impressions   Jhen Mohran Event impressions Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 12:06 pm

this is the DLC quest?

I had fun with a group - we farmed him for an hour or 2. I need a few more things for a full set... I haven't even looked at the skills on the set or gemming capabilities.

I was thinking of making the set so I could do the Mark of a Hero offline with a good thunder res set...
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Jhen Mohran Event impressions   Jhen Mohran Event impressions Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 12:20 pm

LOL i really hate that i have only 3DS...

Tried to solo this guy. He destroyed my ship under 30 minutes. It's next to impossible to kill it being alone, he approach the ship in no time and destroy it immediately if you run out of binder/gong/dragonator. The only option is to stay on ship and use those three right after anything become avilable. That way you can only repel it but i guess it better than nothin. I'll try it sometime again but meh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jhen Mohran Event impressions   Jhen Mohran Event impressions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jhen Mohran Event impressions
Page 1 of 1