Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!


Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk
 
Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 
 

 bow armor suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jodecho
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: bow armor suggestions   Wed May 22, 2013 3:46 pm

So I've made it to mark of a hero on the village and came to a screeching halt. I regularly use the hammer, either the upgraded dios or upgraded version of Jho hammer (same sharpness but jho has higher raw)

ive made it to G-Rank on offline village and even though progress is slow it is still progress. well ive been scanning the forums and seen and read a lot about the Kelbi Bow. ive treid it out on some weaker monsters and it seems very efficient.

so my question come to this. what are good armor sets for the kelbi bow? I mostly only have High Rank armor available right now. I've looked through the armor and non of the skills they give really make sense or stand out to me. what charms should I look for? what is good to try to gem in? I don't mind mixing pieces but I really cant tell what I should be trying to get.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala


Thank you Points : 192

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: bow armor suggestions   Wed May 22, 2013 4:35 pm

Barrage earring + narga Z
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos


Thank you Points : 45

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

PostSubject: Re: bow armor suggestions   Wed May 22, 2013 5:59 pm

Haruno, you twit, he's asking for a kelbi bow set not an all purpose bow set. For the Kelbi bow you should shoot for Helios X or Gigginox X, Nox X is easier to make but IMO Helios X is a lot better.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: bow armor suggestions   Wed May 22, 2013 6:55 pm

@Will wrote:
Haruno, you twit, he's asking for a kelbi bow set not an all purpose bow set. For the Kelbi bow you should shoot for Helios X or Gigginox X, Nox X is easier to make but IMO Helios X is a lot better.

^ Those, plus this set that I like a lot:
Spoiler:
 
If you have a talisman with evasion +6, OO. you can gem it slightly differently, and get evasion +2. But I don't have any gems with that, so I have to stick with evasion +1. Helios X is good, but I like rolling through roars more. Even though I often miss time my rolls. Which is why I've never used Helios X. /yes/

EDIT - Since you say you don't really have G rank stuff at the moment, you can't get any Kelbi Bow sets. As they all require G rank armor.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang


Thank you Points : 18

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: bow armor suggestions   Thu May 23, 2013 2:48 am

I'm probably going to get some hate for this but it is my opinion on the matter.


The sets they are giving you are good but proper element beats out slime any day as a general purpose it's okay just proper element trumps slime when it really matters.

If you are going for breaks I'd go kelbi bow. If you want to speed up your runs a bit go with the proper element fitting each monster.


On some monsters slime becomes useless just because the amount of health they have and monsters start building up a tolerance each time you successfully slime it.

Element doesn't have that limitation just know what zones take more damage from each individual shot.


Umm one question when you say you are stuck on G-rank village what exactly are you stuck on? Sorry kind of don't want to give the wrong advice and are you new to bows or just want to make a kelbi bow set to carry you until you are well set up for G-rank?
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: bow armor suggestions   Thu May 23, 2013 12:53 pm

@Yuki wrote:
I'm probably going to get some hate for this but it is my opinion on the matter.


The sets they are giving you are good but proper element beats out slime any day as a general purpose it's okay just proper element trumps slime when it really matters.

If you are going for breaks I'd go kelbi bow. If you want to speed up your runs a bit go with the proper element fitting each monster.

I don't like it when people don't fully read the main post... Both haruno and Yuki didn't as you can tell because they are trying to persuade Jodecho to not use the Kelbi bow. Where as, he was just asking for some sets FOR the Kelbi bow. -_- I don't get the people who don't read everything before posting.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang


Thank you Points : 18

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: bow armor suggestions   Thu May 23, 2013 1:34 pm

Dude if you read I said both yours and will's sets were good but seems you only read the first line. Well whatever I am just pointing out there are better options for bows than just kelbi
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala


Thank you Points : 192

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: bow armor suggestions   Thu May 23, 2013 1:36 pm

@Will wrote:
Haruno, you twit, he's asking for a kelbi bow set not an all purpose bow set. For the Kelbi bow you should shoot for Helios X or Gigginox X, Nox X is easier to make but IMO Helios X is a lot better.
Don't see the problem with my advice. It gives him access to load up and a fourth charge and focus which are must haves on a bow. Not to mention that higher level charges do more damage ontop of slime/pwr/closerange coatings you're set.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: bow armor suggestions   Thu May 23, 2013 2:01 pm

@Yuki wrote:
Dude if you read I said both yours and will's sets were good but seems you only read the first line. Well whatever I am just pointing out there are better options for bows than just kelbi

Actually, I fully read your post. And you were saying he shouldn't use the kelbi bow. Even though he wanted to use it. I'm not trying to point out that the sets Will and I gave him were good, I'm trying to point out that he likes the kelbi bow and wants to use it. And you were trying to get him to not use it. I mean, what's your problem? He is having FUN with the kelbi bow. And now you want him to switch because it's not inflicting damage as fast as other bows? That's one of the reasons I like the kelbi bow. Because I like the slime exploding on monsters. Not because I think it's going to inflict damage faster than any other bow, which it might not.

Also, haruno, your advice was fine, but he wanted a kelbi bow set. The set you gave him wouldn't have made a very good kelbi bow set.

EDIT - Here is another set I made that uses a talisman that I have. Tenderizer +2, OOO.
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Jodecho
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: bow armor suggestions   Thu May 23, 2013 2:08 pm

@Yuki wrote:
Umm one question when you say you are stuck on G-rank village what exactly are you stuck on? Sorry kind of don't want to give the wrong advice and are you new to bows or just want to make a kelbi bow set to carry you until you are well set up for G-rank?

On offline port I just killed the gigginox on G 1 star, it took me almost to the limid and it killed me once so im really not looking forward to farming it. my character is female so I don't think I can make the Helios armor, on the town im stuck on the quest Mark of a Hero.

im not very experienced with the bow but I enjoy using it, I started a new character that uses only bow to help get experience. that's why I picked the kelbi bow as a starting point on my higher ranked character, it seems like a decent weapon that's not necessarily bad against anything (as most slime weapons are) and once I get more comfortable ill pick up other bows.

basically im getting creamed going toe to toe with the hammer so im wanting to try out raged fighting on some of these tougher fights so im looking for a decent High Rank bow armor so maybe I can use it to farm G-Rank Gigi (since it was suggested to me) and build that armor and use it till I discover something better.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: bow armor suggestions   Thu May 23, 2013 2:40 pm

@Jodecho wrote:
@Yuki wrote:
Umm one question when you say you are stuck on G-rank village what exactly are you stuck on? Sorry kind of don't want to give the wrong advice and are you new to bows or just want to make a kelbi bow set to carry you until you are well set up for G-rank?

On offline port I just killed the gigginox on G 1 star, it took me almost to the limid and it killed me once so im really not looking forward to farming it. my character is female so I don't think I can make the Helios armor, on the town im stuck on the quest Mark of a Hero.

Selene armor is the same as Helios, just has a different name and look. It's the female version of the Helios armor. Since that monster is a rather easy fight, maybe you could make that armor. Also, do you play on the 3DS or Wii U?
Back to top Go down
Jodecho
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: bow armor suggestions   Thu May 23, 2013 3:08 pm

@E&Troy wrote:
@Jodecho wrote:
@Yuki wrote:
Umm one question when you say you are stuck on G-rank village what exactly are you stuck on? Sorry kind of don't want to give the wrong advice and are you new to bows or just want to make a kelbi bow set to carry you until you are well set up for G-rank?

On offline port I just killed the gigginox on G 1 star, it took me almost to the limid and it killed me once so im really not looking forward to farming it. my character is female so I don't think I can make the Helios armor, on the town im stuck on the quest Mark of a Hero.

Selene armor is the same as Helios, just has a different name and look. It's the female version of the Helios armor. Since that monster is a rather easy fight, maybe you could make that armor. Also, do you play on the 3DS or Wii U?

hah gigginox was not easy for me, a 45 minute fight and it ended with all heals and antidotes exhausted. ill look into the Selene armor, thanks for the tip. I play on 3ds, I don't even know anyone else that has a 3ds let alone MH3U. ive thought about checking out local comic book shops but I haven't got around to it yet, my job keeps me really busy
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala


Thank you Points : 192

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: bow armor suggestions   Thu May 23, 2013 3:40 pm

You all clearly haven't used kelbi bow. It is horrendously inconsistent especially as more time passes with its slime and monsters increased tolerance.

Myth 1: bombardier/pyro increase slime explosion damage. They don't, they increase rate of affliction.
Myth 2: kelbi bow is good solo. It has access to four usable coatings (CR, pwr, slime, sleep maybe) all of which are done better by something else.
Myth 3: spamming level 1 charge is a good idea. It's not, it's even more unsafe than charging up shots since you're left open for a much larger period of time between shots. Also your raw damage? What raw damage? You're hitting with an equivalent of a red sharpness weapon.

Overall kelbi bow is meh solo and its horrible inconstency with slime kills its usability even more. Hence why I suggest the raw rout which doesn't constantly screw you over.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: bow armor suggestions   Thu May 23, 2013 3:50 pm

@haruno wrote:
You all clearly haven't used kelbi bow. It is horrendously inconsistent especially as more time passes with its slime and monsters increased tolerance.

Myth 1: bombardier/pyro increase slime explosion damage. They don't, they increase rate of affliction.
Myth 2: kelbi bow is good solo. It has access to four usable coatings (CR, pwr, slime, sleep maybe) all of which are done better by something else.
Myth 3: spamming level 1 charge is a good idea. It's not, it's even more unsafe than charging up shots since you're left open for a much larger period of time between shots. Also your raw damage? What raw damage? You're hitting with an equivalent of a red sharpness weapon.

Overall kelbi bow is meh solo and its horrible inconstency with slime kills its usability even more. Hence why I suggest the raw rout which doesn't constantly screw you over.

Once again. He said he was having fun with it. He didn't say it was the best bow for everything. He didn't say he was spamming level one charge shots, and he didn't say it was the best bow for soloing either. So I'm not sure why you had to bring that up haruno. Surely you weren't talking to me, because I new all of those things. You could probably tell that I don't spam level one charge shots because some of the sets I gave him had the skill Focus. Why would I recommend the skill Focus if all I did was spam level one charge shots?

Also, even though it is inconsistent. It's consistent enough for me. Consistent enough that I always kill monsters between 10 minute periods. Jodecho wanted some sets for the kelbi bow. What does haruno give him? Information on why he doesn't like the kelbi bow.

haruno, all you did in this topic was start stating about how much you hate the kelbi bow. As well as the people who use it. We didn't need to hear all of it. Nor did we need you too not give us any useful sets, as was what Jodecho wanted. I'd advise you not to post in threads you dislike.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala


Thank you Points : 192

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: bow armor suggestions   Thu May 23, 2013 3:56 pm

Again tell me what do you know about the kelbi bow. Don't show me vids about someone using skill you'd never attain or slime consistency you'll never match. But rather tell me about what makes the kelbi bow good/advised besides OMGSLIME!!!!
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: bow armor suggestions   Thu May 23, 2013 4:01 pm

@haruno wrote:
Again tell me what do you know about the kelbi bow. Don't show me vids about someone using skill you'd never attain or slime consistency you'll never match. But rather tell me about what makes the kelbi bow good/advised besides OMGSLIME!!!!

You aren't being very helpful. Jodecho wanted kelbi bow sets. I gave him some. You did not. All you did was started saying how you don't like the kelbi bow. We didn't need to know that. Please do not post on this topic any more since you aren't helping it at all. And since you obviously didn't fully read most of these posts. I'll say it again. He liked the kelbi bow. Why make him change to something else already when he likes it? Until you answer that, I'm not going to answer any of your non-useful questions.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala


Thank you Points : 192

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: bow armor suggestions   Thu May 23, 2013 4:17 pm

I gave him an actually good set as well. So I'm not seeing your point here. 276 raw is deccent considering it wields all coatings and has a nice rpd4 as a fourth charge. Why you're giving useless advice like use awaken is beyond me though. I will say there are better raw bows but he insists on kelbi so who am I to judge?
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: bow armor suggestions   Thu May 23, 2013 4:22 pm

@haruno wrote:
I gave him an actually good set as well. So I'm not seeing your point here. 276 raw is deccent considering it wields all coatings and has a nice rpd4 as a fourth charge. Why you're giving useless advice like use awaken is beyond me though. I will say there are better raw bows but he insists on kelbi so who am I to judge?

Just a quick word before I have to get off, awaken gives the kelbi bow slime, which is what gives the kelbi bow allot of it's damage. Not sure why anyone would ever use the kelbi bow without awaken.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala


Thank you Points : 192

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: bow armor suggestions   Thu May 23, 2013 4:46 pm

@E&Troy wrote:
@haruno wrote:
I gave him an actually good set as well. So I'm not seeing your point here. 276 raw is deccent considering it wields all coatings and has a nice rpd4 as a fourth charge. Why you're giving useless advice like use awaken is beyond me though. I will say there are better raw bows but he insists on kelbi so who am I to judge?

Just a quick word before I have to get off, awaken gives the kelbi bow slime, which is what gives the kelbi bow allot of it's damage. Not sure why anyone would ever use the kelbi bow without awaken.
Saying words like alot does not make your argument convincing in the slightest. Slime itself doesn't do damage but rather leads up to explosions which does x amount of unspecified damage. However you're advising him to spam level 1 shots which means his raw damage will be nonexistent and he gets some potential damage from explosions which moer than likely won't add up to him just using raw damage. Why anyone would use kelbi bow with awaken is what concerns me especially with that gigginox set.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: bow armor suggestions   Thu May 23, 2013 5:13 pm

@haruno wrote:
E&Troy wrote:
@haruno wrote:
I gave him an actually good set as well. So I'm not seeing your point here. 276 raw is deccent considering it wields all coatings and has a nice rpd4 as a fourth charge. Why you're giving useless advice like use awaken is beyond me though. I will say there are better raw bows but he insists on kelbi so who am I to judge?

Just a quick word before I have to get off, awaken gives the kelbi bow slime, which is what gives the kelbi bow allot of it's damage. Not sure why anyone would ever use the kelbi bow without awaken.
Saying words like alot does not make your argument convincing in the slightest. Slime itself doesn't do damage but rather leads up to explosions which does x amount of unspecified damage. However you're advising him to spam level 1 shots which means his raw damage will be nonexistent and he gets some potential damage from explosions which moer than likely won't add up to him just using raw damage. Why anyone would use kelbi bow with awaken is what concerns me especially with that gigginox set.

Please quote me where I told him, or even implied that he should spam level one charge shots.
Back to top Go down
Jodecho
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: bow armor suggestions   Thu May 23, 2013 8:38 pm

Wow i really didnt intend for this thread to go this way.

First off, thank you for all the armor suggestions they all looked really good except for the fact that they are all g rank sets and i cant kill g rank stuff well enough. Im looking for a good high rank set that i can use to try on the g rank quests to fight from afar because the hammer isnt doing it for me any more. Mostly though im stuck on mark of a hero. Im not limmiting myself to the kelbi bow it just seems a good choice for that fight since its not elemental (since i cant awaken yet).

Ive thought about going to bowgun but i have zero experience, i have atleast some with the regular bow.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang


Thank you Points : 18

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: bow armor suggestions   Thu May 23, 2013 11:56 pm

Well... I say try to gem in focus in to one of your high rank sets kelbi bow has pretty decent power as haruno said if you want go with gigginox u not the best set but it does have focus with bow. As for gigginox in g rank just take some time to learn it's moveset if you want take one quest and don't attack just take some time to learn it's pattern.

Also good luck with your alternate character I tend to do the same when I really want to get to learn a weapon.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: bow armor suggestions   Fri May 24, 2013 2:33 pm

I use this kelbi bow set. hope it helps. Parts are easy to obtain and doesn't require rare gems except for Zinogre chest piece.

Spoiler:
 

Imho the only skills you need for the basic kelbi bow purpose (lv1 spam) are HGE, Bombardier and Awaken. All others are optional. I use evade+1 for more safety and also because i have good evade tali. But you will be fine with only those three. So just pick up one slot tali and you off to go.

Also about solo with kelbi bow. Well it depends. Generally it's crap and not even as near as op as people think of it. But there are exceptions. Yesterday i did 2 volvi + 1 Rust Duramboros. G rank. Both volvi were surprisingly resistant to it and it took me 15 minutes to kill them. Then i killed Rust Duramboros in like 7-10 minutes? His tail exploaded after literally THREE lv1 shots spam. Only three. And the rest of the fight was easy as hell, didn't see any downsides. I mainly go for element melee weapons on such quests so using kelbi bow was nice change.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
E&Troy
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: bow armor suggestions   Fri May 24, 2013 4:06 pm

@Antari18 wrote:
Also about solo with kelbi bow. Well it depends. Generally it's crap and not even as near as op as people think of it. But there are exceptions. Yesterday i did 2 volvi + 1 Rust Duramboros. G rank. Both volvi were surprisingly resistant to it and it took me 15 minutes to kill them. Then i killed Rust Duramboros in like 7-10 minutes? His tail exploaded after literally THREE lv1 shots spam. Only three. And the rest of the fight was easy as hell, didn't see any downsides. I mainly go for element melee weapons on such quests so using kelbi bow was nice change.

I've done things like that, except my first shot is usually fully charged. I've had cases where my first 3 shots - all fully charged - all exploded. Usually I only get one, maybe two explosions on my first few shots though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: bow armor suggestions   Today at 11:29 am

Back to top Go down
 
bow armor suggestions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» bow armor suggestions
» Hunting Horn recommendation
» High Rank Gunner Armor
» Focus and Armor
» Imperial Armor: Apocalypse

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: Wii U :: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate-
Jump to: