Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Capturing during "Hunt all large monsters" Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Capturing during "Hunt all large monsters" Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Capturing during "Hunt all large monsters"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Martoboyo
Aptonoth
Martoboyo

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Netherlands

Capturing during "Hunt all large monsters" Empty
PostSubject: Capturing during "Hunt all large monsters"   Capturing during "Hunt all large monsters" Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 10:33 am

You all know the quests where you hunt multiple monsters. To compensate for the difficulty, you can carve Mega Potions instead of normal carves.
So my question is: does capturing monsters during these quests affect the rewards? Do you even get the extra rewards for capturing? Or does capturing simply deny free Mega Potions?
And how about tails? You get any kind of reward for cutting the tail besides a Mega Pot from the carve?
Back to top Go down
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Capturing during "Hunt all large monsters"   Capturing during "Hunt all large monsters" Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 10:59 am

Martoboyo wrote:
You all know the quests where you hunt multiple monsters. To compensate for the difficulty, you can carve Mega Potions instead of normal carves.
So my question is: does capturing monsters during these quests affect the rewards? Do you even get the extra rewards for capturing? Or does capturing simply deny free Mega Potions?
And how about tails? You get any kind of reward for cutting the tail besides a Mega Pot from the carve?

There's definitely no cap rewards in "Hunt All Large Monsters." So yes, capturing does deny free Mega Potions. (or in the case of Gathering of Songbirds, Sparkly Fragments).

For that matter, you can mine mega potions off Gaan/Duram, and catch mega potions with a bug net off Zinogres. All the large monster shiny drops are mega potions, too.

You do get break rewards, though. So breaking Brachy's arms gets you Pounders, etc. Tail carves (and barroth's crest) just give more mega potions, though. It's hard to get all the breaks, though, since each monster's HP is reduced.

The nice thing about the "Hunt All Large Monster" quests is that rare items are in the quest rewards, and usually at slightly higher rates than captures.

This only holds true when its "Hunt All Large Monsters," not "Hunt a X and a Y."
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Capturing during "Hunt all large monsters"   Capturing during "Hunt all large monsters" Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 11:58 am

Yes you can cap for normal cap rewards. I highly recommend that you do so. Mega pots are next to worthless =/
Back to top Go down
Martoboyo
Aptonoth
Martoboyo

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Capturing during "Hunt all large monsters"   Capturing during "Hunt all large monsters" Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 1:04 pm

Sooooooo... which one is true? xD
Back to top Go down
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Capturing during "Hunt all large monsters"   Capturing during "Hunt all large monsters" Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 1:38 pm

Martoboyo wrote:

Well, you can always test it yourself, like I did.

For example, the first test I did was [Canteen] Cold Day in Hell. Broke both Baggi's crests, and broke Brachy's horn. Then capped Brachy.

All I got was a Brach Scalp+ and 2x Imperial Crests. If cap rewards were active, I would've gotten 2 more rewards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Capturing during "Hunt all large monsters"   Capturing during "Hunt all large monsters" Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 6:47 pm

Atalanta wrote:
Martoboyo wrote:

Well, you can always test it yourself, like I did.

For example, the first test I did was [Canteen] Cold Day in Hell. Broke both Baggi's crests, and broke Brachy's horn. Then capped Brachy.

All I got was a Brach Scalp+ and 2x Imperial Crests. If cap rewards were active, I would've gotten 2 more rewards.

or you can actually look at the real mechanics of the game and see that cap rewards pretty much are always present in the quest.
Back to top Go down
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Capturing during "Hunt all large monsters"   Capturing during "Hunt all large monsters" Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 7:03 pm

Vortiene wrote:
Spoiler:

or you can actually look at the real mechanics of the game and see that cap rewards pretty much are always present in the quest.

Yeah, but you don't need to cap to get them. Heck, the main reason that I prefer the "Hunt All" quests is because the reward rates for rares are usually better than capping.

The question that was posed was whether capping is worthwhile in "Hunt All Large Monsters." Since you don't get any additional rewards, it comes down to:

PROS: end the quest sooner.
CONS: don't get to carve megapots (meh), use up cap supplies (big deal early in the game, by high rank, meh).

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Capturing during "Hunt all large monsters"   Capturing during "Hunt all large monsters" Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 7:06 pm

Atalanta wrote:
Vortiene wrote:
Spoiler:

Yeah, but you don't need to cap to get them. Heck, the main reason that I prefer the "Hunt All" quests is because the reward rates for rares are usually better than capping.

The question that was posed was whether capping is worthwhile in "Hunt All Large Monsters." Since you don't get any additional rewards, it comes down to:

PROS: end the quest sooner.
CONS: don't get to carve megapots (meh), use up cap supplies (big deal early in the game, by high rank, meh).

yes, but do you understand that if you cap all of them and complete the mission, you get the quest rewards AND the cap rewards both (also wound rewards). Otherwise, you would just get mega potion carves and the quest rewards (and wound rewards). Since mega potions don't count as monster carves, you should cap for maximum rewards. The mega pots are nice to restock if you kill a difficult monster though.

also, you are mixing up cap rewards and wound rewards. Since you wounded the monster but didn't cap booth, you get wound rewards in the cap/wound reward section. If you do both, you get even more stuff in that section.

also, sometimes you will get less/more rewards based on luck essentially. You may only get 3 rewards in the cap/wound section even if you break all a monster's stuff and cap them as well.
Back to top Go down
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Capturing during "Hunt all large monsters"   Capturing during "Hunt all large monsters" Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 7:57 pm

Vort, are you saying you have to cap ALL the monsters in order to get cap rewards in these quests?

'Cause I just tried capping both Ian and Barroth in "Desert Warfare" (V6*), with Cap Master, and didn't see a single item associated with Ian cap. Just got one reward for breaking Ian's head, and one for Barroth's claw. And just got one item associated with Barroth Cap (Wyvern Stone) in quest rewards row B, which is always available in the quest rewards for this quest. The rest of my row was mostly Adv Armor Spheres and Keenbones.

Now maybe capping in these quests is like capping in Moga Woods - the item rates change. Is that what you're trying to say? If that's the case, I'd love to see the change in percentages for Rathian Mantles in "Peak Performers" (P6*).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Capturing during "Hunt all large monsters"   Capturing during "Hunt all large monsters" Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 8:21 pm

Atalanta wrote:
Vort, are you saying you have to cap ALL the monsters in order to get cap rewards in these quests?

'Cause I just tried capping both Ian and Barroth in "Desert Warfare" (V6*), with Cap Master, and didn't see a single item associated with Ian cap. Just got one reward for breaking Ian's head, and one for Barroth's claw. And just got one item associated with Barroth Cap (Wyvern Stone) in quest rewards row B, which is always available in the quest rewards for this quest. The rest of my row was mostly Adv Armor Spheres and Keenbones.

Now maybe capping in these quests is like capping in Moga Woods - the item rates change. Is that what you're trying to say? If that's the case, I'd love to see the change in percentages for Rathian Mantles in "Peak Performers" (P6*).

I don't really know, ask haruno.

Fairly sure that rewards just don't appear sometimes. Capping multiple monsters results in the possible cap rewards increasing for each you cap.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Capturing during "Hunt all large monsters"   Capturing during "Hunt all large monsters" Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 8:23 pm

Cap rewards go towards filling up reward slot A + B or it was just A, I forget which. Then after said list was full then cal rewards go in the wound/break section. Herpderp
Back to top Go down
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Capturing during "Hunt all large monsters"   Capturing during "Hunt all large monsters" Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 9:06 pm

haruno wrote:
Cap rewards go towards filling up reward slot A + B or it was just A, I forget which. Then after said list was full then cal rewards go in the wound/break section. Herpderp

OK, that's testable:

Ran Desert Warfare again, with Cap Master set.

Ian: cap, broke head and wing
Barroth: cap, broke claw

Row A: 3x Ian Carapace, 3x Barr Carapace, 1 Barr Claw+, 1 Barr Ridge+, 1 Barr Scalp, 1 Ian Webbing, two empty spots

Row B: 1x Commendation, 1x Inferno Sac, 1x Inferno Sac, 1 Barr Claw+, 1 Wyv. Stone, three empty spots

Wound: 1x Ian Carapce, 2x Rath Talon, 1x Barr Claw+

Nothing in quest reward row A can come from capping Ian.

Are you guys sure that you're not confusing that a lot of the cap rewards are possible quest rewards for the "Hunt All Large" quests?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Capturing during "Hunt all large monsters"   Capturing during "Hunt all large monsters" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Capturing during "Hunt all large monsters"
Page 1 of 1