Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
A few questions Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
A few questions Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A few questions

Go down 
+6
Sephastus
JFizzle
PAiN---
Ataraxia
SmileyRyder
Streiter
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Streiter
Kelbi
Streiter

Thank you Points : 0

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: A few questions   A few questions Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 9:16 am

So first off, I have searched all over to find a list of quest with the amount of HRP ( Hunter Rank Points) per quest so I can choose which quest I should look to farm. Why am I farming HR points? I want HR40 for lucent nargacuga.

Aside from that, are you able to join other people on a quest even if you don't have said quest?

When I was hr6, I tried joining a hr7 quest and was left behind. Or does that stop once your HR 8?

I am HR37 I think, just checking to make sure, rather have an idea of what I need to do instead of attempting something of like HR60 with a group and just be left behind.

Thank you all for the help!
Back to top Go down
SmileyRyder
Kelbi
SmileyRyder

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 9:40 am

I don't know about HRP for farming quests, but I know there are a lot of quests that say you have to be a certain HR in order to even join the quest. If you haven't reached that point you can go on the quest.
Back to top Go down
http://nintendo-okie.com
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 11:22 am

Quests will say you have to have a specific HR to join the quest; but in some cases you don't necessarily need to have the quest yourself. Urgents are an example of this; you might not have done all the key quests yet, but you can still help out another with their urgent. (assuming you're both on the same HR, and his urgent is to unlock the next rank)
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 11:43 am

Streiter wrote:
So first off, I have searched all over to find a list of quest with the amount of HRP ( Hunter Rank Points) per quest so I can choose which quest I should look to farm. Why am I farming HR points? I want HR40 for lucent nargacuga.

Aside from that, are you able to join other people on a quest even if you don't have said quest?

When I was hr6, I tried joining a hr7 quest and was left behind. Or does that stop once your HR 8?

I am HR37 I think, just checking to make sure, rather have an idea of what I need to do instead of attempting something of like HR60 with a group and just be left behind.

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH3U:_Guild_Quests

There you go little cub xD On the right side it will say how much HRP quests give. You can join another quest that you don't have as long as you meet the HR requirements.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Streiter
Kelbi
Streiter

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 7:57 pm

PAiN--- wrote:
Streiter wrote:

There you go little cub xD On the right side it will say how much HRP quests give. You can join another quest that you don't have as long as you meet the HR requirements.
Thank you very much for the list, I can't believe I wasn't able to find this.

And thanks for the HR warning. I need 3 more HR levels to kill that nargarcuga. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
JFizzle
Seregios
JFizzle

Thank you Points : 129

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Dystopian US

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 8:17 pm

So now I have "A Few Questions":

A.) Lancing... The Upstroke, is it still stronger than the horizontal stroke?

B.) I've noticed some hunters are able to bring their Shakalakas with them during Online quests. Why can't I (seem to) or when can I bring them? Also, if they (Cha-Cha or Halelujah) are on the online quest with us, do they play a part (buffs, healing, etc) for everyone, or just their particular hunter?

C.) At what level will me and Jho have our reunion?

D.) My first character ended up on Charm Table 8. What Playstyle/Weps is Table 8 generally good for? (Example: My playstyle is based heavily around Evasion and Speed Sharpening Skills- Lancing, GS, etc) Note: The character that I'm using is on Table 6 and I feel that is an exceptional table for Lancing and GS.

E.) How does the whole Guild Card thing work? I've set mine up, but that's about as far as I understand it.

F.) The DLC option goes into a Perpetual Load/ Do Not Power Down Console State when I select that option at the main menu. Thoughts?

G.) Is anyone else getting cramps in their left shoulder from extended play?

Thanks in advance guys.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:16 pm

Lots of questions. Ummm...

A) The straight poke was weaker than the upward poke in MHFU and MH3, so it should still be more powerful this time around.

B) You have to talk to Cha-Cha, or Kayamba in town, and put them on "Multi-Tag along", which will make him join you ONLY IF, there are 2 people in the quest. The moment there are 3 or more, no tag alongs from the cha-chas.

C) If you are doing Village quests, after you finish off Alatreon... which is after you do all other village quests, you will get an urgent with him in it. If you want to get him earlier, you can also get him on the High-Rank Port quests. Don't remember the first one, but since it is in the volcano, has to be 5 Star Port.

D) Personally, I haven't looked at what table I am in, and its just as well... it is VERY hard to charm-snipe the charm you want. Go ask those that have tried and have experience.

E) You go to guild card, and you select "Send" and other people in the room will get your guild card. They will also do the same, and now you have each other's cards. If you hunt together often, you get points, which just gives you flashy things in your own guild card backgrounds, as well as allowing you to get some Veggie Elder Tickets from the Drunkard in the Port.

F) I don't know about this problem... you using a WiiU or 3DS? Cause 3DS doesn't have its own internet connectivity... you need to always be connected to a WiiU if you want to download content.

G) I get shoulder pains, and back pains, and pains in the neck... but I am just getting old and decrepit and have a bad bed :-P . You should always play in a comfortable position, and try avoid making claw grips, or otherwise when playing. I doubt there is such a thing as carpel tunnel for the shoulder, but you do not want to be patient 0 if there gets to be.
Back to top Go down
kama
Seltas Queen
kama

Thank you Points : 14

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 3:13 am

C) If you are doing Village quests, after you finish off Alatreon... which is after you do all other village quests, you will get an urgent with him in it. If you want to get him earlier, you can also get him on the High-Rank Port quests. Don't remember the first one, but since it is in the volcano, has to be 5 Star Port. "Sorry to correct you on this, however, in the village quest Jho quest comes before village ala quest which I am certain. If I recalled the jho in the volcano quest is after Mark of the Hero quest. ALA quest is the last urgent for village."

D) Table 6 is the best possible melee weapon especially GS if my memory serve me right and also I heard a particular member bragging it back then. So J fizz your good. At least your not in those curse table. Also each table gives you a unique charm that other table does not, for example in table 12, there a charm that give +5rapid fire +10 CE.

E) Here is a helpful link on why you should share Guild cards. https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/t9777-share-dem-guild-cards

G) No pain here. But if you do feel pain on the hands or back, I'd advice you to take a break or stretch ^_^

H. Welcome back J fizz. Havent seen you for a while now.....
Back to top Go down
JFizzle
Seregios
JFizzle

3DS friends code:

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 10:09 am

Thanks guys. Pretty much answers all of my questions.

Yeah I'm pretty happy with the charm tables that I ended up on, and happy to know that Jho is offline now as well.

It's good to be back, man! I didn't realise how much I missed the game and the community. When the Tri servers went down, I ordered Xenoblade Chronicles and played a good ways through it (TO ME!! TO YOU!! LOL) until I got settled (financially) enough in my new house to afford the Wii U and 3U. Which was this past Friday.

Honestly the CC style controls were a tad discouraging to me until about mid-Saturday when I realised I wasn't having to deliberately think through every little action, and was actually hunting very fluidly. I still squeeze ZR every now and then to evade, but meh I'm getting there.

Catch Yall on the Hunts!!
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:13 pm

Streiter wrote:
PAiN--- wrote:
Streiter wrote:

Thank you very much for the list, I can't believe I wasn't able to find this.

And thanks for the HR warning. I need 3 more HR levels to kill that nargarcuga. Thank you.
No problem! Hope you get what you need!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 1:22 pm

kama wrote:
C) If you are doing Village quests, after you finish off Alatreon... which is after you do all other village quests, you will get an urgent with him in it. If you want to get him earlier, you can also get him on the High-Rank Port quests. Don't remember the first one, but since it is in the volcano, has to be 5 Star Port. "Sorry to correct you on this, however, in the village quest Jho quest comes before village ala quest which I am certain. If I recalled the jho in the volcano quest is after Mark of the Hero quest. ALA quest is the last urgent for village."
I'd like to correct both of you, sorry. You don't need to complete all of the village quests, you don't have to do Mark of a Hero, and you don't have to fight Alatreon. Deviljho's urgent comes right after Ivory Lagiacrus.
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 2:23 pm

^ confirmed. You need to complete all the village quests for Mark of a Hero, then beat that to unlock Alatreon. Mark of a Hero is all G-Rank equivalent monsters though; so you'll probably want to go through G-Rank online before you head back and do that. (by which point you can just do the HR5 and G-Rank versions of Alatreon with other people anyway)
Back to top Go down
JFizzle
Seregios
JFizzle

3DS friends code:

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 8:07 pm

A Few More Questions:

PowerCharm & PowerTalon, ArmorCharm & Armor Talon... Do they still Stack?

Might Pill then Might Seed... Do they still stack and prolong the effects of each other when taken in the proper order?

Cantina Quests... When I complete them and recieve the Food Upgrades, but the quest still says Cantina, does that mean that I need to do it again to get the upgrade for the other Ingriedient of the same category?
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 8:36 pm

JFizzle wrote:
A Few More Questions:

PowerCharm & PowerTalon, ArmorCharm & Armor Talon... Do they still Stack?

Might Pill then Might Seed... Do they still stack and prolong the effects of each other when taken in the proper order?

Cantina Quests... When I complete them and recieve the Food Upgrades, but the quest still says Cantina, does that mean that I need to do it again to get the upgrade for the other Ingriedient of the same category?
Power / Armor charms and talons still stack.

I believe the pill and seeds still work? not sure.

And no, once you complete a Cantine quest its done and you got the benefit, there are a lot of them both online and offline to upgrade your food, some are even village requests offline.
Back to top Go down
JFizzle
Seregios
JFizzle

3DS friends code:

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 8:46 pm

Awesome!! Thanks man! I just got both of my talons today. Jho decided to stick his face in on a C Peco quest, and I decided to stick my foot in his other end. I'll have Jho gear in the very near future.

I'm one quest tier from G-Rank in the Village and HR4 in the port. Just working steady.
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 9:50 pm

It's spelled Canteen, by the way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A few questions
Page 1 of 1